GSE 2.6.23 - Released for both Retail, PTR and Beta

WARNING ONLY:Sequence Named… was not specifically designed for this version of the game. It man need adjustmests.
storage Unable to interpret sequence

Dont think its that. Been trying several macros now hehe. And none of them works. Must be something else. The reason why it fires on 1 spell is because i press the activation button so it fires of moonfire. But yea im going nuts here trying to figure out what the problem can be hehe

@kada_r0b. GSE is telling you by those errors that it doesn’t understand what you are trying to import.

The first one occurs if you import a macro that wasn’t made for this version of WoW. It should have the Sequence name in there. The second is try as it might it just can’t interpret what you are entering.

1 Like

There is now a 2.6.13 - Many bugs fixed handle it.

Yessir!

Is it only on github atm?

Heard addon clients giving LOTS of problems. :face_with_monocle:

Good, i’m not the only one then. Not good that it’s completely broken since last update on twitch, but good it’s not just me.

Can confirm this is completely broken since the latest 2.6.12 update on twitch this morning. Logged in and was using fine before the update. Logged in after lunch with 2.6.12 installed and no longer working.

Edit: Just wanted to rule out anything else breaking it. I’ve disabled all other addons with the exception of GSE, it’s still not working.

I can add the default macros to my action bar, but when you click them or press that input, nothing happens (as if there’s nothing on the macro).

Also - This is retail, not classic, so looks to be an issue on both.

1 Like

Updated: I have got classic working again by following directions given by TimothyLuke and also using the Github version 2.6.13 which fixes the issue in Classic

I’ve actually just installed and tried that myself. It shows up as 2.6.13
Same symptoms. Can’t import a macro, can’t use a macro.

Edit:
So gone back to 2.6.10 which has worked for me. 2.6.11/12 or even 13 wouldnt work for me on retail.

I just installed Timothy’s updated version like I posted above and it is now working, I am assuming the problem might have been the Heart essence thingy from retail breaking Classic as mentioned in his link above

So a little more info from me in hopes that it helps some players, I’m what you call a Dirty Multiboxer and Im not sure if this helped but Ihad to sift through ALL of my accounts and delete each GSE.lua file in each WTF folder, I went through several times and finally got it to work. I hope this helps someone and I also want to give a huge thanks to those helping out, its gotta suck to run out of sleep and still have problems …but Ultimately the 2.6.13 download link from Github was the magic ticket for me.

Very VERY strange that no update has gone online on curse / wowace ( for about 9 hours now )

Any news what is happening? @lutechi @TimothyLuke @John-Metz

Since the update to 2.6.13, I am not able to import macros anymore. Also getting this LUA error:

Message: Interface\AddOns\GSE\API\Statics.lua:84: Usage: GetItemInfo(itemID|“name”|“itemlink”)
Time: Fri Oct 16 12:11:50 2020
Count: 1
Stack: Interface\AddOns\GSE\API\Statics.lua:84: Usage: GetItemInfo(itemID|“name”|“itemlink”)
[string “=[C]”]: in function GetItemInfo' [string "@Interface\AddOns\GSE\API\Statics.lua"]:84: in function value’
[string “@Interface\AddOns\GSE\API\Translator.lua”]:95: in function ProcessVariables' [string "@Interface\AddOns\GSE\API\Storage.lua"]:694: in function ProcessSequenceVariables’
[string “@Interface\AddOns\GSE\API\Storage.lua”]:781: in function OOCUpdateSequence' [string "@Interface\AddOns\GSE\API\Events.lua"]:427: in function ?’
[string “@Interface\AddOns\WeakAuras\Libs\AceTimer-3.0\AceTimer-3.0.lua”]:55: in function <…\AddOns\WeakAuras\Libs\AceTimer-3.0\AceTimer-3.0.lua:50>

Did you try the GitHub link in my comment above? It worked for me.

You tried all the fixes Timothy suggested hey?

Here the thing @lloskka It may come as a surprise but I actually stopped for the first time in 3 days and got some sleep. in the previous 50 hours, I had had 5 hours of sleep spread over the days sorting out different peoples stuff. It is now 6:30 am here and reading through the crap of “I updated to 13 but got the same errors as 12” where the line numbers don’t match 13’s code but match 12’s code.

When I release GSE - it goes straight to Curseforge and is available almost immediately on https://wowup.io It, however, takes between 3 and 6 hours at the moment to get to the Twitch App from its own site Curse. Thankfully next week Twitch mods disappear and I hope Overwolf does a better job with it.

@Pelleas I found your problem - you don’t have a neck equipped. I tested if the character had a HoA or a normal neck - I didn’t check if it didn’t have a neck at all. (Heart of Azeroth Check fails if you have no neck at all · Issue #719 · TimothyLuke/GSE-Advanced-Macro-Compiler · GitHub) This will be in 2.6.14

Regarding the Unable to import relating to Storage.Lua line "Message: Interface\AddOns\GSE\API\Storage.lua:216: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)" in GSE 2.6.14 this error and line will change. If this happens AFTER you have updated to 2.6.14 could you please lodge the error Message line (the part i quoted in this post) and the macro you are trying to import on this GitHub Ticket: Can't create new macros · Issue #713 · TimothyLuke/GSE-Advanced-Macro-Compiler · GitHub

Posting it here means I wont necessarily see your response in a timely manner.

IF you are NOT getting and error and nothing happens - I would try the following:
1 Disable all other addons. One of them might be gobbling up the error.
2 Try the import - if there is still no error and nothing happens, check the OOC queue on the minimap icon. Is the queue stuck?
3 reset the storage of this class via ‘/gse forceclean’ and log out and back in - Note this will wipe all macros in this class. It also needs to be a log out log in - a /reload wont help and it undoes what you are trying to do.

1 Like

Pace yourself brother. Lots of us sure appreciate the efforts you put in.

2 Likes

apologies, i m truly sorry.

sometimes i think i write too Fast when posting.

what i meant was not only your addon my intention i was trying to Say all the addons on the curse si te ( for Example ) were somewhat missing for 9 hours.

Maybe was my broswer cache or timeout of some form

sorry again for putting preasure when it was not my intention

rest all time u need and have.very nice weekend

1 Like

@TimothyLuke I just wanted to thank you for your efforts with this project. I was impressed how quickly you were able to find a API fix when you finally got an invite to the beta, I am still using that version on the Beta GSE-2.6.01-alpha10-shadowlands.zip and also had several other players move it over to live Retail after the pre-patch, following your advice to simply save the pre pre-patch GSE.lua from our accounts and insert them after the pre-patch update went live. we have had a seamless transition from BFA to Shadowlands pre-patch and all aspects of the addon are working as they did prior to the new patch, as well as on Beta. Thank you again and I look forward to your future enhancements to the addon project in the future.

hi… is there any GSE for patch 7.3.5 private server… i dont mind if i have to donate…
i download everything from curseforge… i try it 1 by 1… all is not compatible… when i press /gs it comes out blank… not a single button like i saw in youtube…

I don’t believe there is a private server patch. They are also pretty busy with retail. You’re best bet would be to search the main page for topics related to 7.3.5 this topic is mainly for new release stuff.