GSE Cycling but not casting

we are all having a similiar problem…when you get a new car that doesnt work…do you have to overhaul it? from all the people having problems with this, i am surprised some have on their own found remedies …the developer (YOU Mr.Luke) i believe, is responsible for fixing a program related problem which apparently this is… not blame people for “read it and fix it” cures…especially when it seems to be multitudal in essence. dont be so grouchy. We all know you are an expert in this and respect that, but we arent… thats why we depend on you to right things or come up with a clear understanding of how we, no tech. types, can do.

I appreciate what you are saying however there is no way I can tell what every other mod is doingZ. WoW fldetwrmines the load order and GSE will on its first time set itself up to what your UInis configured to however after that if another mod changes the setup there is no way for GSE to know. Hence the troubleshooting tab whereby you can set GsE to which ever mode you are in. This isn’t something Incan code and unfortunately requires people to know some things about your UI. This isn’t unreasonable when you are using a tool designed for people who know how things work.

GSE isn’t designed for amateurs who have no idea how to play a class. And have no idea how macros work. It is a GIGO tool. Garbage in, Garbage out as it expects you know what you are doing.

And using your car analogy - there is no warranty if you don’t know how to drive and use it in a manner other than prescribed. There is a reason why cars come with manuals.

Also Blizzard changed how this works and it is constantly changing. It has changed 5 times in 3 weeks of live let alone the permutations that were in Beta. Blizzards end game is to bring WoW to XBox game pass. As such a lot of things around macros are being made harder to dissuade people from using or depending on them.

2 Likes

i can understand the connundrum being caused and the head ache it is causing… for you and everyone…it frustrating us all and I know youre getting hammered…my intent was not to hammer you… i respect you too much for that… We are all used to having a workable prodct that makes us play better… the frustration is now we dont until we can be re-educated so to speak. its like converting form automatic to stick drive…takes some work. lol as i remember. thanks for your reply and i wish we all could help and solve this together. best of luck.

1 Like

This deleting Icon and creating worked for me! Thank you!

this just worked! :slight_smile:
thanks to you ! :smiley:

This did it. Thanks!

Well, I am afraid that i cant get any of my macros… i have tried all the suggestions by players and Mr. Luke also after reading and attempting to follow the prompts and instructions to no avail… I have been attempting to fix this since the last new issue of the patch to no avail, tried the key up/key down etc. I have changed number 1 to 2 and back again and i cant get anything to work… I have so enjoyed the ease at which WLM has helped me in the past and am very appreciative for that. Im happy for the very courteous people on this forum and respectful for their help in the past and present attempts to help… good fortune to all and enjoy the gameplay. and thanks.

OMFG thank you so much i have a hand injury so I’m limited idk what id do without this addon and the intelligent people in this community

I just put that in my chat
/console ActionButtonUseKeyDown 1
and pressed enter and suddenly GSE started working again.
I don’t know why that fixed it, but it did.

Thank you

The answer to why that worked is described here: ActionButtonKeyDown or ActionButtonKeyUp and Why this matters Macro Cycling not firing · TimothyLuke/GSE-Advanced-Macro-Compiler Wiki · GitHub

1 Like

I hope this helps ppl that might find their button not working, but yet still cycling through the macro.

I went into the GSE addon, Click options, then Troubleshooting,
make sure “ActionButtonUseKey…” is Checked, close then exit GSE.

Hope that helps :slight_smile:

Another way of addressing this issue is in the GSE options, go to Troubleshooting and change the “Force CVar State” to either KeyUp or KeyDown.
I’ve had to do this several times with my many alts.

/console ActionButtonUseKeyDown 1 worked perfectly thank you, I had about given up>

none of these work for me, all I can do si right click. My hunter works fine…but for my warrior, only right click. what is going on

You need to go back and look at the why. This is documented here: ActionButtonKeyDown or ActionButtonKeyUp and Why this matters Macro Cycling not firing · TimothyLuke/GSE-Advanced-Macro-Compiler Wiki · GitHub

I’m having this issue on the Steam Deck. I’ve followed all the common fixes from this thread but still the only fix is manually pressing the buttons on the touch screen. Virtual Button Support is checked as well as ActionButtonUseKeyDown State us checked and set to KeyDown.

I wonder if anyone has gotten GSE to work on Steam Deck?

This did it for me, thanks.

Try changing [button:1] to [nobutton:1]

Is not workig for me ….

gonna need to scroll up to Timothy’s post and try that.