GSE Cycling but not casting

Had the same issue, make sure after you change the stub macro you hit save. The first time I tried it, it didn’t work because I didn’t save the stub after I changed it.

It worked for me, but i can’t use modificators on the main wow macro or it stops working again.

Like:
#showtooltip
/click [nomod] GSE macro
/cast [mod:alt] Spell 1
/cast [mod:shift] Spell 2

I think you might want to bind them again … while in game press “Esc” … “Options” … “Game” tab from the top left corner … Under “GamePlay” you should see “Keybindings” … from there you can assign the keys again …

There is a new update and TymothyLuke said
NTOE: macro stubs need to be deleter and “Create Icon” again

which I took to mean
NOTE: macro stubs need to be deleted and “Create Icon” again

1 Like

Yes seems like there is something going on with how it makes the macro in the /click command.

Just moving the [button:2] to [button:1] fixed everything.

1 Like

Same here, I can confirm modifying the macro manually on the Macro tab works.

yeah cant seem to find the right solution yet ! ;( for any of these new ones !

Thanks, this worked for me…

look, I was unable to use any macros and after I did that, apparently they all worked perfectly again, thank you very much

Muchas gracias!!! FUNCIONO!!!

You may need to do this often so here is the procedure:

• Go to /macro
  • Delete any GSE named ones. (Don’t modify them as GSE will randomly stop being able to uses these after logout)
  • Go to /gse and choose “Create icon”
    If GSE doesn’t create the icon it may suddenly not work.

As a minimum you will need to do this for all old macros that you want to try to use after updating to GSE 3.1.13

If Blizzard fixed this bug then it’s all going to change again

1 Like

That fixed it for me. THANK YOU!!! I am disabled and need macros to play.

I did what you said Timothy, and it still is oddly behaving. It will sometimes cast, and then sometimes just sit idle. The icon is not a “?” so there is no odd skill/spell that the macro can’t detect what it is. I’ve no idea why it’s hanging up like that.

Now you need to fix your macro. DF has MANY changes and many of your abilities are now talents that you may not necessarily know anymore.

That did it for me!

Thanks!!! :slight_smile:

I have tried everything you have suggested but it doesn’t work, Cycling but not casting

I have same issue. nothing fixed from above

I even disable all addons deleted the setting from WTF folder and even deleted the addon and install it again and deleted the macros from /macro, then rewrite my macros and didnt start.

I even reset wow options to default and still this issue i think a core addon issue.

IF you are having issues with GSE on Dragonflight:

1 - Make sure you are running GSE 3.1.13
2 - Go to /macro
3 - Delete everything in /macro
4 - Log out
5 - Login
6 - Open GSE
All your macros should be a blue book. If not go back to step 2
7 - select templates and choose Create Icon to change to a ?
8 - Logout
9 - Login
10 - Use Macro

IF that still doesnt work

• Go to /macro and look at the macro stubs. If they are 255/255 then they have been truncated and wont fire. Delete the macro stub - go to /gse and rename the template with a shorter name
  • Check your keybindings - In GSE’s options on the on the Macro Reset tab there are two buttons: “Clear Keybindings” and “Update Macro Stubs” Blizzard reset everyones keybindings and setup somethings in the UI that you may not have thought to look at.

This is me - on the right is my compiled template showing the macro i am running on button 2 of my action bar. On the left is the Details Streamer plugin showing those events firing. I am using GSE 3.1.13

TLDR: If it’s broken it is something at your end. Fix it or not. I cant fix it for you.

1 Like

ok i cant edit folks macros if read only, and still getting cycle spells the older macros work fine ! im lost your fix didnt do it sry

the addon installer is telling me it might be corrupt

I’ve tried all the solutions/work arounds in this thread and nothing has fixed my issue.
I’ve tried a reinstall of GSE, deleting all GSE saved variables.
I’ve also tried running no addons except GSE and I get the same result…the macro cycles, but nothing fires. It doesn’t even target a mob or cast any buffs that would fire out of combat.

1 Like