GSE Cycling but not casting

/console ActionButtonUseKeyDown 1
works for me. But i have to do it every time i log in. Is that the same for everyone?

try to change the /console ActionButtonUseKeyDown 1 then log out normally, so the game can save the variable. If you /reload or zone, the setting might get lost like if you did a force close alt+f4.

this worked for me and some other people too

1 Like

Ive updated GSE.

If your macro cycles go to Options and check the Troubleshooting tab.

You may need to press the first two buttons and check the CVar is set.

2 Likes

I am running the updated GSE -3.1.13, and I do not have a Troubleshooting on my GSE Options.

you need 3.1.14 this isnt in 3.1.13 as it was only released about 10 minutes ago

Gotcha! Will get it now, thank you!

/console ActionButtonUseKeyDown 1

This was the only thing that made it work for me
many thanks :P-

2 Likes

This worked! thank you :star_struck:

Worked for me! THANK YOU!!!

Hi, I did everything but nothing, if I give the command / console etcetc, it works, but when I close (no reload) the game and reopen nothing when I click the macro it fails, I also did what he posted " Timothyluke "same thing, the macro doesn’t start, it just moves, then if I give the command / console then it works, I downloaded version 3.1.15

Many thanks ! /console ActionButtonUseKeyDown 1 command was also the fix for me.

1 Like

This worked! thank :rofl:

Just in case if it can help you.
There is an other solution that work for me without changing the other things in the game.
You can simply erase “leftButton” in the macro and it’s working.
Like in this example :
#showtooltip
/click [button:1] ELFFERALST LeftButton ; [button:2] ELFFERALST RightButton; [button:3] ELFFERALST MiddleButton; [button:4] ELFFERALST Button4; [button:5] ELFFERALST Button5; ELFFERALST

Or you could read something and understand what is going on.

2 Likes

Are we good and should I close this if you guys figured it out?

Or it’s still an evolving issue?

I would say it is not resolved, I tested the ActionButtonDown fix today on a fresh install, it did literally nothing. Not saying it didn’t fix issues for some people here, but also I’m with Tim on this in that this a broader issue with multiple fixes. Hence I wouldn’t say it’s closed. That said I’ve yet to try out Tim’s latest fix in 3.1.14. If that resolves it then yes, I would say you can close this out.

1 Like

I tried a few of the troubleshooting, this particular option did the trick for me. Thanks =)

Hey man, thanks so much for all your hard work. I have decided to become a patron and donate to you. I know every little bit helps. Once I get homeI will get you taken care of!

/console ActionButtonUseKeyDown 1 works great but downside is you need to type it in everytime you login. trying the other way with clear keybind etc but nothing worked for me

1 Like

If you are using Elvui, Elv unsets this on login.

You can either remove Elv, set this on login or read through and change how GSE is setup based on ActionButtonKeyDown or ActionButtonKeyUp and Why this matters Macro Cycling not firing · TimothyLuke/GSE-Advanced-Macro-Compiler Wiki · GitHub