GSE3 PvE/PvP 9.1 (No Combo Starvation Or Gets Stuck)

I posted the ahk script in the description now fam! Get it :smiley:

1 Like

Yeah your right guess ill go be a griever somewhere lol

1 Like

hahah :smiley: how did you like it?

I really enjoyed it thank you for the work you did putting this together for the community

1 Like

Hi again, a few things I’ve noticed/still having issues with. Even running the default macro at 40ms, or running it at 40ms/different ms and adding extra SnD/rupture skills into the sequence, neither cast when they should in the rotation. For me it seems to prioritize getting to 5 combo points them dumping them immediately into an eviscerate sometimes doing this twice then continuing onto the rotation of applying rupture or SnD later on. Not a huge deal on a longer fight as they apply and refresh anyways but at the start of a fight those two I’d like to have up ASAP.

My icon on my action bar usually doesn’t change either and if it does, it only changes between two skills. On my fury warrior macro for example it cycles through all the skills in the sequence but not with this macro, it’s usually a steady ? no matter how fast the macro is hit. Again, not a huge deal but I’m not sure why it does that.

Regarding altering the macro for different skills, how would I go about doing that without messing up the sequences because when I do it, I run into a lockup at the end of the sequence where for a few seconds not even backstab will be used, only auto attacks. For example if I wanted to use this for heroics, how should I alter the macro using the talents 2322132? I see talent 1/2 and reset target/combat in the sequences so if I wanted to use those talents, how should the sequence be changed to ensure no lock ups? I’ve read that I can put a X or a ? in place of 1/2 so it uses any talent but I don’t wanna mess anything up.

Sorry this is getting long but I’m new with this so changing stuff on my own usually doesn’t end well XD. Any assistance is appreciated.

Just a quick edit to say this is the highest bursting macro I’ve found. Testing on a Dungeoneer’s training dummy I consistently start combat bursting between 5.5k-7k at 146ilvl so thanks for that :). It’s only when I try to edit something like say doing heroics and throwing Secret Technique into the mix is when I get lockups or an LUI error so I must be putting it in the wrong spot.

1 Like

Disclaimer: This is mainly made for PvP, but it’s still the best here, for PvE too, if you want to play sub in PvE.

Yo! it’s ok, i’m happy that you seek assistance! If you want to have rupture/snd up as an opener, you first need to build up combo points, but the thing is, you want to start with your CD’s immediately, as such you can’t put it first up in the lines, since those will take up the combo points from your main dps abilities first in the dmg window.

This macro is made for PvP where the fights are max a minute or two, as most of the time the target or you are either dead or you restealth waiting for you cds again. Sub rogue is not good for dungeons/raid because of this, short super high burst with quite lower sustained dps. You want rather sustained dps in raid/dungeons, and thats why outlaw is better in that case. Even assassination is better in these cases.

The icon doesn’t change because there’s a lot of small actions made after casting, like, it’s not plainly /cast - /castsequence [nochanneling] insert ability. At least thats what i think it is, it’s nothing to worry about.

Changing the macro even a little bit can have adverse effects on the output so change carefully, make a backup with the original one and just change from there if you want. The talent stuff is just fancy stuff i found from checking other macros/forums explaining how they work. GSE uses the same language as if you were to make a “normal” macro for wow, so there’s so much information regarding this if you want to learn more.

The more stuff you want to automate, the harder obviously it is to make the macro work. I condensed the macro as much as I could, to make it less prone to getting stuck etc, but still had the basic rotation down for you. Stuns, utilities, covenant ability etc you have to do yourself. (I might be able to add in the covenant ability

Here you can read on making a gse/normal macro

I tried following this pvp rotation as close as possible

Understood, makes sense. I did make a copy of the macro and have been tinkering around with to make it more dungeon friendly and it’s working out decently well. Luckily I have constant AOTC/KSM tank/DPS carries that blaze through content so in that regard my DPS isn’t much of an issue and I can still get the lootage. All in all the macro is working out pretty good. I like sub and played it for ages so a PvP focused macro is what I really wanted in the end and I think it will do well considering how much I’m bursting even being on the lower end of ilvls so I’m looking forward to giving it a go.

Appreciate the responses and thanks again for all the work you put into it! Will keep an eye out for any updates in the future :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ah! Nice, yeah you should keep tinkering, it’s so fun to learn this stuff haha! I’m happy it got sorted out for you in some ways anyway! Haha sub is a very fun spec to play (the only spec I play for rogue, I have no idea how to play the others) :smiley:

I would imagine you can do like 20-30k dps with lego fully upgraded, and 220+ ilvl xD I can do up to like 12k sometimes and then it goes down to 6-7k, then down to 3k, then down to 2.4k sustained and I’m only 167 something ilvl haha. My dh does like 5-6k dps then goes down to about 3-4k sustained. And my dh has 205 ilvl xD (This is all single target dps i’m talking about)

And no problem fam! I’m happy to answer all questions! Yeah I will try to min max all the macros better! I’m gonna make a macro for balance/guardian/vdh too!

I just realized when I checked the macro again, snd and rupture is already in the beginning of the macro, so you can’t get it get off earlier if you dont make it as /cast Slice and Dice // /cast Rupture before the first /castsequence, which takes away time from the sequence where you do dmg… But yeah, it might be better to have it like that, for you because the ms should be fast enough to catch up anyway. Premeditation gives you 10 secs of snd after each shadowstrike btw, so don’t worry about snd.

I made an update to it, test and see if its better. For me it’s a little bit better!

I never understood why people get so triggered about when its pasted onto the website in that black box or not lol.

Anyway, I want to level my rogue its lvl 52 will this work bro? Could i be a pain and see if u could make an aoe one for my dungeon spamming lol

1 Like

Yeah it’s weird xD
The only aoe you have is black powder and shuriken, you should not lvl as sub rogue, its way faster and easier to lvl as outlaw fam ;p it has great aoe :smiley: Sub is very good for st, like raids and pvp, but dungeons its the worst of them 3

1 Like

Macro not bad But rupture needs sorting out else ok

If i add more rupture, it will overcap or just spam rupture, but i’ll see if i can get it going, this new system is not what i’m used to haha

After a month of use on pvp, yes, it is true, the best out there. Personally, i use eviscerate on separate button, because sometimes i need to spend combo points for stun depending the fight, also i noticed that combo points sometimes are 5 earlier, taking bonus of the talents i use. With 2 use of Shadowdance and separate use of eviscerate, nothing can live out there, even tanks have problem if cd’s are on. If the target still alive after attack i use blind on him, vanish and the 3nd shadowdance is ready earlier because of deepening shadows bonus (talent).
Excellent work.

1 Like

Ty fam! It means much that you liked it. It’s really hard to make it better, but you found a way to optimize it better for your plays, which is awesome haha! I guess for a rogue it’s more imperative to use a generator on the side so you have almost full control over all abilities

Yeah it really really bursts well, my ilvl 167 can sometimes do a 12k st burst, it’s insane xD

Hi Did You remove eviscerate from the macro? I was thinking of putting it on a mod

Ran into a slight problem but it also may be user error on my part however alive and five is no longer being used but like I said it might be on my part lol

I’ve never heard of alive and five :stuck_out_tongue:

I havent checked the rogue macro yet, since the 9.1, so might be some stuff i can do, maybe i should make eviscerate on a mod, like shift… Not what you are referring to but, I’ll check that too