GSE's new Exporting Method. 'Timothy'

Not trying to be the bad guy here, but I will be the one to say it…
The new Export method, while I understand its purpose for being a more compressed
way of sharing macros. It is impossible to evaluate someones macro when they post it.
The only way to analyze it, and help someone if they need advice, is to go into game and load it.
I preferred the original format where you could ‘See’ what you were getting. For an experienced
macro programmer, we could easily just evaluate it without having to go through loading it into the game.
I think the original method is great for people learning because we can look and give examples to them.

Perhaps there could be a way of Exporting ‘Both’ ways to make it easier? One for Viewing, and one for sharing?

Thanks!

I agree totally with you, I’ve been having to import macros in game so I could help with why something wasn’t working. I preferred the old way where I could just look at it in the post and see why needed doing there.

the new method prevent “import errors” and is good for most of people, but many of us need the “plain text preview” for just viewing the logic without the need of logging into the game.

Yes, I too would like an option to do both.
My Reasons:

1. Humans can read the old format.
  2. GS-E macros storage can get changed by other programs or errors.
    a) I lost all my GS-E macros do to errors on a hard drive.
    b) A Blizzard fix them wiped once becaue a memory error.

[quote quote=62905]2) GS-E macros storage can get changed by other programs or errors.
a) I lost all my GS-E macros do to errors on a hard drive.
b) A Blizzard fix them wiped once becaue a memory error.[/quote]

And this would help being in the other format… how?

I think the new import method is better. I also agree that being able to see the macros in the forum is useful.

How about retaining the old export method and renaming it to something like ‘document’? The documented text would only be used for viewing and not for importing.

Because, I can save the GS-E macro in Komodo Editor Project.
(I use Komodo Edit for all my sript writing.)
I can still do so but have to cut/paste each window.
As so I have not been able to rename a inport macro which I want to make a copy.
Yes, GS-E comes up asking for a new name on import however I have been unable to click/tab to the box to rename the copied macro.

Hi.

Thanks to GSE3’s Raw Edit button, it is now possible: