Havoc Reborn Demon

[quote quote=56913]Hello EnixLHQ
I love your macro it is a really really good one, infarct the best one I have seen and used :), i have a question if i want to put Blade Dance in the macro, as I am not good at using modifiers and I like it in the macro so it fires off on its own?
Jimmy
[/quote]

[quote quote=56914]Just add it somewhere….experiment what works for you!
However adding in Blade Dance into this build is a DPS loss and at a cost of 35 Fury it’s too expensive to consider when you’re also using Chaos Strike and Eye Beam.
If you really want to use Blade Dance, use a Master of the Glaive/Chaos Blades Build where it’s cheap and has a place.
[/quote]

Pretty much. It’s on ALT because it’s useful only in 3+ enemy situations, and even then only when Eye Beam is on cooldown, which gets reduced fast in AoE situations due to the talent selections here.

You can bind it to any modifier key you want, though. It just can’t be bound to a key that’s bound to anything else in game. Or, put Blade Dance on it’s own button.

Added an Eye Beam cooldown WeakAuras code to the OP, so you can easily see and plan around it.

ty EnixLHQ

Ill try that :slight_smile:

Jimmy

Since we’re playing around with super-fast spamming give this one a shot. It’s nothing radical, but it’s working better for me. Eye Beam is firing on CD immediately and there are less Dragon’s Bites when there’s enough Fury for a Chaos Strike.

Sequences['EX_Havoc_Reborn'] = {
-- This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.2.03.
  Author="Exqarinah@Perenolde",
  SpecID=577,
  Talents = "331?333",
  Helplink = "https://wowlazymacros.com/forums/topic/havoc-reborn-demon/",
  Help = [[Run at 80ms, 100ms, or manually.]],
  Default=1,
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
      StepFunction = "Sequential",
      LoopLimit=1,
      KeyPress={
        "/cast [nochanneling,combat] Blur",
        "/cast [nochanneling,combat] Nemesis",
        "/cast [nochanneling,mod:shift] Chaos Nova",
        "/cast [nochanneling,mod:alt] Blade Dance",
      },
      PreMacro={
      },
        "/castsequence [nochanneling] Demon's Bite, Demon's Bite",
        "/cast [nochanneling] Chaos Strike",
        "/cast [nochanneling, combat] Eye Beam",
        "/cast [nochanneling, combat] Fury of the Illidari",
        "/cast [nochanneling] Throw Glaive",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
      },
    },
  },
}

Also, I’ve updated the WA graphic for Eye Beam and added another for Meta on the OP.

with new tier and demonic build you never want to use Blade Dance, costs to much without giving enough.

gonna give this a test should be good for boss fights cept for blur being used, thanks for sharing it

Just completed the Mage Tower challenge using this macro as listed above. It was actually exceedingly easy, despite being item level 901. Much easier than my run as a Frost DK. Only took a handful of attempts.

Adding Blade Dance back in. Why? Sims. So many sims. Like this one. Also, logs. So many logs. Like these.

My interpretation: The sims clearly show that adding Blade Dance, particularly when you’re in Metamorphosis, is a DPS gain when talented into First Blood. It also adds AoE damage in all applicable situations without having to worry about changing anything about your play style, which is in accordance with my design philosophy. The logs back this up. Even though almost all DHs at this gear level are rocking Chaos Blades even without the tier bonuses that back up Demonic it’s still a superior talent. We’re talking about 25k lost by not using Demonic and 11k by not having Blade Dance in the rotation.

Why don’t these raiders run Demonic then? No idea. Maybe because they believe they can’t without the tier set? Which has been proven wrong. They don’t run their own numbers? Blindly following meta? Possible all of the above? And why do they run Chaos Cleave when they do have the set and spec into Demonic? Seeping Scourgewing is my guess, and everyone else doing it because of the same reasons I suggest above.

Anyway, maths doesn’t equal performance. So since I had some downtime waiting for my rep gate to complete Balance of Power I decided to get as close to sims as I could with Blade Dance in the macro. The result? 846k out of the 854k simmed. Which is 99.1% of the sim. That’s the closest DPS margin I’ve been able to get so far: 0.9% of sims.

Wow.

Here’s the macro:

Sequences['EX_Havoc_Reborn'] = {
-- This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.2.03.
  Author="Exqarinah@Perenolde",
  SpecID=577,
  Talents = "332?333",
  Helplink = "https://wowlazymacros.com/forums/topic/havoc-reborn-demon/",
  Help = [[Run at 30ms.]],
  Default=1,
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
      StepFunction = "Sequential",
      LoopLimit=1,
      KeyPress={
        "/cast [nochanneling,combat] Blur",
        "/cast [nochanneling,combat] Nemesis",
        "/cast [nochanneling,mod:alt] Chaos Nova",
      },
      PreMacro={
      },
        "/cast [nochanneling] Blade Dance",
        "/cast [nochanneling] Throw Glaive",
        "/castsequence [nochanneling] Demon's Bite, Demon's Bite",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
      },
    },
  },
}

Give this a shot. I ran it at 30ms. I started the fight with Fel Rush and didn’t use Metamorphosis until after the first Eye Beam and the Fury it gave me ran out. That’s it.

Tell me what you think.

amr is pretty unreliable, thanks for the long reply. is your macro suited for mythic raiding/raiders? im not at that level currently just in heroic atm. going to try that new one above tonight durin heroic n will post results, cheers for the work

I didnt test the newest macro, i am at the second last one. (cant keep up with your speed of releasing ^^) All i say - i deleted my macro… :slight_smile:

You asked for feedback of your new macro, but i am not an expert of rotation and actualy i took a break of raiding, so no logs . But here are some of my thoughts in generell.

The talent Simulations.
I dont know if AMR uses the same way like Raidbots do? If so, the results are not corect i think.
Pick talents and AMR will give you (mostly) the best gear. Now you are able to chose only one gear set for all talents.

One button macros.
At page one you wrote, that you got higher burst with Priority stepa.
I dont remember if you wrote this for the talent chaos blades or Demonic ( i think you changed talents sometime). But if you got highter burst with priority & demonic , would you mind sharing this macro (if you kept it anywhere)?
It would be a macro more to use, but i think it would be great for the start of a fight or with BL.

Also i run into situations where a real one button macro sucks. With the secound last macro i did the weekly quest ( 4 mythic dungeon) and the tank was pulling till the first boss. 21 Million Burst & 5,5 Million dps after boss fight :slight_smile: But sometimes you waiste your eyebeam on a little single add, so it wont be ready for the next big add group.
So i made a secound macro for this specific situations, without eyebeam and Fury of Ilidary.
I am just curios if its only me (i dont have this helm…), or you guys didnt run into this situations?

And for the high speed clickrate, if i remember right, somewhere timothy wrote GSE is written for 100ms+. That´s hard to test out, with all the critluck / badluck. But i it seem to get higher numbers also.

And for blade dance, yes or no. I think this could be very item / character specific. The top parses i looked in, didnt used it (not even in AOE fights)

Long text again…sorry sorry! Next feedback will be numbers / parses only :slight_smile:

Thank you again for your hard work & that you share this great macro! You, Cymiryc, John, Spoony and all the other are helping thousands of people to play this game comfortable - you rock!

1.5 milz with worldbreaker boss & the dogs. have noticed its missing eyebeams. everythings solid otherwise, cheers mate

Why are the sims and logs looking at the T20 ToS content, just out of curiosity?

The reason First Blood was chosen for this content was the fact that T20 4pc bonus had 50% increased crit chance from Blade Dance/Death Sweep.
This set then received a slight nerf on Dec 4th. Blade Dance’s critical strike chance is increased by 20%+Blade Dance refunds 20 Fury if it hits at least one enemy.

Also not all Mythic Raiders will re-run that content since Antorus came out until maybe it’s complete but it also makes less sense other than achievement hunting to re-run it in current content.

If you look at the current sims on the current raid tier you will see other than Argus, they are running Demonic Build with T21 gearing or even without the gearing.

This then leads to why use Chaos Blades w/Chaos Strike over First Blood w/Blade Dance.

It’s a numbers game.

If you take first blood it will change the description of Blade Dance and it turns into a hybrid ST/AoE ability.

Reduces the Fury cost of Blade Dance by 20 and increases its damage to against the first target struck.

Description without First Blood: 35 Fury 10s Cooldown
Strike all nearby enemies for (3 * 96% + 288%) Physical damage, and increase your chance to dodge by 100% for 1 sec.
If i do 40000 (paperdoll damage) i will do on average 912k total damage spread across all targets hit

If i take First Blood: 15 Fury 10s
Strike your primary target for Physical damage, all nearby enemies for (3 * 96% + 288%) Physical damage, and increase your chance to dodge by 100% for 1 sec.
If i do 40000 (paperdoll damage) i will do on average 912k total damage spread across all targets hit+around +10% to my primary target.

If you then look at Death Sweep (Metamorphosis) ability then with the same paperdoll damage:

Death Sweep: 15 Fury 8s cooldown
Strike all nearby enemies for (3 * 143% + 429%) Physical damage, and increase your Dodge chance by 100% for 1 sec.
If i do 40000 (paperdoll damage) i will do on average 1.54m total damage spread across all targets hit+around +10% to my primary target in Chaos Damage

T21 pieces:
2 piece - Eye Beam damage increased by 40%.
4 piece - When Eye Beam finishes fully channeling, your Haste is increased by 25% for 8 sec.
Doesn’t really need a Demonic Build but Talent Demonic:
Eye Beam causes you to enter demon form for 8 sec after it finishes dealing damage.
Blade Dance turns into Death Sweep - 8 sec CD 1 use
Chaos Strike turns into Annihilation - No cooldown. Multiple Use

Chaos Cleave: Chaos Strike hits all nearby enemies for an additional 10% damage. Doesn’t sound appealing
Now we look at Chaos Strike: 40 Fury - Returns 20 Fury if crit
Slice your target for (305% + 485%) Chaos damage. Critical strikes refund 20 Fury.
Without Chaos Cleave:
If i do 40000 (paperdoll damage) i will do on average 947k Damage per 40 fury spend while refunding 20 if the crit gods smile. (Diff: +37k damage per strike)

With Chaos Cleave:
If i do 40000 (paperdoll damage) i will do on average 1.04M Damage per 40 fury spend while refunding 20 if the crit gods smile. (Diff: +37k damage per strike)

Annihilation: 40 Fury 20 refunded if Crit - Available for 8s after Eye Beam
Slice your target for (397% + 630%) Chaos damage. Critical strikes refund 20 Fury.
If i do 40000 (paperdoll damage) i will do on average 1.45M Damage per 40 fury spend while refunding 20 if the crit gods smile. (Diff: -100k-ish damage per strike from Death Sweep) w/o Chaos Cleave

With Chaos Cleave
If i do 40000 (paperdoll damage) i will do on average 1.59M Damage per 40 fury spend while refunding 20 if the crit gods smile. (Diff: +90k-ish damage per strike from Death Sweep)

Now most Havoc DH’s have around 140 Fury to spend at max.
You can fit in 3 Chaos Strikes/Annihilations per Eye Beam/Full Fury with another free every 2 Chaos Strikes if you can do this perfectly.
But this being able to do it on average around every 45s+actually using Meta

Demon’s Bite is 20-30 Fury generated which then makes Chaos Strike hard to put into numbers as 2 Demons Bite “could” net you 2 Chaos Strike per 3s

I ran out of napkin space but this is kind of why Demonic builds are slightly more attractive as a current Meta.

Hello EnixLHQ

The last macro you posted with Blade Dance in it, seems to be the best one for me ty, it gives me a 50k more damage on the order hall raid dummy :slight_smile:

Jimmy

[quote quote=56952]amr is pretty unreliable, thanks for the long reply. is your macro suited for mythic raiding/raiders? im not at that level currently just in heroic atm. going to try that new one above tonight durin heroic n will post results, cheers for the work
[/quote]

I know AMR, for sims, isn’t the greatest but I’m not looking for the tightest numbers. There’s no way a macro could ever perform like an expert player, so a ballpark is good enough for me. AMR has been very consistent in giving me numbers based on my ilvl and multiple talents that I can actually get to with some hard work, so it’s great for these instances. And in the end when you run the macro in a dungeon or raid and compare against others with the same ilvl as you, you should feel like you’re contributing your fair share to the fight. And with my methodology I think you do.

[quote quote=56955]I dont know if AMR uses the same way like Raidbots do? If so, the results are not corect i think. Pick talents and AMR will give you (mostly) the best gear. Now you are able to chose only one gear set for all talents. [truncated for space]

One button macros. At page one you wrote, that you got higher burst with Priority stepa. I dont remember if you wrote this for the talent chaos blades or Demonic ( i think you changed talents sometime). But if you got highter burst with priority & demonic , would you mind sharing this macro (if you kept it anywhere)? It would be a macro more to use, but i think it would be great for the start of a fight or with BL.
Also i run into situations where a real one button macro sucks. [truncated for space]

And for the high speed clickrate, if i remember right, somewhere timothy wrote GSE is written for 100ms+. That´s hard to test out, with all the critluck / badluck. But i it seem to get higher numbers also. [truncated for space]
[/quote]

AMR uses crowd sourcing and machine learning, as well as client-side simulation tools like SimulationCraft. If you download their client-side exe, all ARM does is pre-build your profile to run the sims instead of making you do it yourself or import from the Armory like with SimulationCraft. In terms of being accurate, I actually feel it’s more accurate than SimulCraft because it takes your data, and the data of tens of thousands of others who run the tool, and aggregates it all with machine learning. Also, no, it will choose completely different gear for different specs when you import the suggestions into their in-game addon in WoW. You can click through each spec and see the difference. Why it seems like it uses a lot of the same gear, though, is to reduce your bag space. You can toggle that option off if you don’t care to try to run a light bag, but it ranks your specs in a priority you set and then tries to run that same gear within an acceptable threshold. But, then again, if that kind of min/maxing is important I’m going to point out that a macro for raiding isn’t going to win you a sense of real accomplishment.

My philosophy on one-button (or at most two) macros is that I believe it is possible to give near-expert quality performance with little faffing about if the work is put into trying to build the macro right, and the users put in the effort to learn how to position their class and use the macro effectively. I do it this way because many of our users are disabled or lack finger dexterity, and I want to focus on them more than just us lazy types. I want everyone to be able to play their favorite class (if it happens to be one I’m working on :wink: ) and not get left out because of something they can’t help. People can be cruel online, kicking others because DPS is too low in a non-important dungeon, or kicking the tank because he can’t hold aggro. I seek to help those people.

As I write macros, I will make wild changes and choices to find what best suits using a macro. A certain talent or ability might sim higher, and expert players might use it a certain way and do better, but once it’s in a macro it throws the whole effort into the toilet. That won’t work for us, so I try to find the best universal combination that will not only work, but perform well and make you competitive with others of your same ilvl. Except for talents that effect play style, what does it matter if I choose a talent that isn’t the meta if by the end of the dungeon your DPS is higher than your fellow class-member with a higher ilvl? And you didn’t even have to think about the talents?

Click rate, or repeat rate as I’ve been calling it, is subjective. Lots of things get in the way of a perfect number. Timothy wrote GSE to accommodate normal tapping, which is about 100ms if you’re frantically mashing a button. This means that it should reliably move from one entry to another in the expected step order in that timeframe. By upping it to 80 or in this macro’s case 30, we’re basically saying “screw orderly execution, just give me X ability as soon as it’s available!” which is what going faster does. Lots of things are skipped in the process, though. This is why you have to understand how to write a macro for those speeds and why it’s on the USERS of the macro to play with those speeds until they hit something that looks like it’s working.

[quote quote=56957]Why are the sims and logs looking at the T20 ToS content, just out of curiosity?

If you take first blood it will change the description of Blade Dance and it turns into a hybrid ST/AoE ability. …damage spread across all targets hit+around +10% to my primary target.

I ran out of napkin space but this is kind of why Demonic builds are slightly more attractive as a current Meta.

[truncated for space]
[/quote]

Yeah, about that. So I don’t have a set at all, and I don’t have a legendary that doesn’t help any build I want to try to macro for (leaping lizards). So I look at data that best reflects where I am at right now. That data may be old, but it’s not outdated, just no sets and no applicable legendaries. But I don’t just look at that data, I look at the new stuff, too. I see their sets and numbers and, more importantly, their rotations to see what they do. It doesn’t really change, you just see certain abilities get dropped depending on the mechanics of the boss. Chaos Cleave is in use in any pure single target fight in Antouras, but First Blood is taken whenever there is an add fight. Though, this isn’t always the case, and we can’t always know why a choice was made. Maybe the DH was on add duty this raid. Maybe he’s considered the nuke opener but then is given a different task by final phase.

What I do know is that by adding in Blade Dance and First Blood my damage saw a huge increase in practice on the dummy. I then took it into my daily heroic, my 4 mythics for the weekly, a mythic +2, and all the normal raids along the Balance of Power artifact quest line, AND the mage tower challenges for both specs and…well it just performed miles better than my previous macros. I would have compared in higher content, but I don’t have a raiding guild or friends who do that kind of content, so I’m forced to do what I can get in to. I get that on paper it shouldn’t and that’s why I always start with the meta and what the math says before I start playing around, but just like in my other macros (looking at you Unholy DK) going slightly off-meta often produces better results when it’s all macroed together.

In terms of DPS my ST DPS only suffers if Eye Beam is on CD and there’s no Metamorphosis to refresh it. If I plan that out when choosing which bosses to use my Meta on and how many fractured souls I can pick up between fights, I find that my DPS always outpaces my peers. In AoE fights it only seems to be a matter of who fights first and longest: If it’s me I blow away the competition by a huge margin. If I’m late, I barely get on that fight’s meter. And if there’s an Affliction lock in the party, no one can touch him.

[quote quote=56958]Hello EnixLHQ
The last macro you posted with Blade Dance in it, seems to be the best one for me ty, it gives me a 50k more damage on the order hall raid dummy ???
Jimmy
[/quote]

Yeah, that’s been my experience with it so far. Since I started using it I haven’t looked back. With the extra ability in the rotation I am almost never without something to use when questing, making all my objectives exceedingly simple. I never die anymore. My targets pop. And if I happen to start a fight with no CDs ready I generally have only to wait until Eye Beam fires or use Meta to heal back up and decimate.

Dungeons work similarly for me. If the tank is a madman is just running through all the content like he’s on crack I can generally keep up if I stay smart about my Meta use. If he takes each fight one at a time it’s even better for us. Either way, top-o-da-meter in most individual fights and always by the end of the dungeon (again, for the same ilvl or near it. A 950 will destroy your numbers if you’re only 904). This is the first time in my macro/WoW career that I can actually use one macro to fit both types of dungeon runs without any changes. I am loving this.

Don’t get me wrong, i was not having a dig at the macro or what you look at, was just curious but also willing to both show why I think certain skills are worthwhile and that i also work out the math :slight_smile:

Hey EnixLHQ. I just ran your macro for 8:mins 41 secs my dps was 1.11 mil i have no tier gear my current item level is 925 im running with 2 leggos Soul of the slayer and Cinidaria waist i also have the boots and cloaks but no really outstanding leggos as of yet but works for me i run it at 30-50 ms. tell me what you think cheers for great macro im also trying your demo lock mac but my lock is only level 100.

PS my crit is 53%
haste is 9%
mastery is 30%
versa is 5%

[quote quote=56970]Don’t get me wrong, i was not having a dig at the macro or what you look at, was just curious but also willing to both show why I think certain skills are worthwhile and that i also work out the math ???
[/quote]

I know. We think the same way. I didn’t expect it to work out this way, myself.

[quote quote=56971]Hey EnixLHQ. I just ran your macro for 8:mins 41 secs my dps was 1.11 mil i have no tier gear my current item level is 925 im running with 2 leggos Soul of the slayer and Cinidaria waist i also have the boots and cloaks but no really outstanding leggos as of yet but works for me i run it at 30-50 ms. tell me what you think cheers for great macro im also trying your demo lock mac but my lock is only level 100.
PS my crit is 53% haste is 9% mastery is 30% versa is 5%
[/quote]

That sounds amazing to me. I think it’s working great.

Thanks EnixLHQ. By the way im just a casual gamer a few years ago i used to raid quite abit but it started to take it’s toll on me so i only raid here and there but with never much luck in the loot dept LOl.

[quote quote=56973]Thanks EnixLHQ. By the way im just a casual gamer a few years ago i used to raid quite abit but it started to take it’s toll on me so i only raid here and there but with never much luck in the loot dept LOl.
[/quote]

Same. Used to raid for a living. It wasn’t really living, so I stay casual now.

Hey could you explain me how you do the raid boss opener with this macro?

[quote quote=57084]Hey could you explain me how you do the raid boss opener with this macro?
[/quote]

Yeah. This is how I do it.

-Fel Rush into the boss upon tank aggro. -Execute macro until Eye Beam fires. -Continue executing the macro until your Fury is nearly out OR your mini-metamorphosis is almost over. You should wait no more than 3-4 seconds. -Metamorphosis proper on the boss. -Continue executing the macro and be sure to move around a bit to pick up any fractured souls that happen to appear. -Metamorphosis on cooldown if the fight lasts that long.

And that’s it. Use Vengeful Retreat to get out of boss mechanics and Fel Rush to re-engage, but if you are otherwise attacking the boss just repeat the above.