Havoc Reborn Demon

Oh, I’ve got a trink that’s got an effect and it interrupts Eye Beam. Feel free to remove it, it’s a personal thing.

Hey enix,
after some weeks of using this this macro (most of the fights have 40-60%, some 95%+ parses) i am satisfied with the results.
However i found a new website ( wowanalyser) where i checked 100% pasing Havocs vs my best results.

At the suggestions sections i can read almost every time “There are no major issues in this fight. Good job!” But when i scroll down to the fury usage i see a difference between 100% and me.
While the 100% pasing Havocs never waiste a single fury point, i am waisting every fight between 300- 1400 fury.

I wonder if there is a way to optimise the results / macro

For example Kingaroth fight - Fury wasted :

Demon’s Bite* 456 (Macro)
Chaos Strike 15
Demonic Appetite 468 (stupid me)
Gigantic Anger 220 (dont know how to have 0 there…)

In this fight it would be 52k dps more with optimal fury usage. I also will do some simulations @ lower skill level to see if demons blade isnt a alternative, since my DA* usage vary a lot.

Edit: unfortunately there are no lower skill settings anymore. Than only the practice can answer this question.

[quote quote=57694]…fury usage i see a difference between 100% and me. While the 100% pasing Havocs never waiste a single fury point, i am waisting every fight between 300- 1400 fury.
I wonder if there is a way to optimise the results / macro…[/quote]

I imagine the waste is coming when you already have fury and you’re still using Demon’s Bite, which I’m not sure I could optimize any further than I have already.

The problem is two-fold: First, generating fury via Demon’s Bite is superior than Demon Blades. It allows for predictable on-demand fury generation instead of waiting on your auto attacks. However, this means you have to actually build fury, and the macro can’t know when you already have it. So, if by the time the macro increments to Demon’s Bite and you already are at cap fury, it’ll Demon’s Bite and you’ll have wasted fury.

Second, the only ways to mitigate the use of Demon’s Bite are via /cast [conditional], /castsequence, or PreMacro/Inner Loop Limit.
-/cast [conditional]: There are no conditionals (Macro conditionals - Wowpedia - Your wiki guide to the World of Warcraft) that would effectively limit Demon’s Bite from being used except our good ol’ alt, ctrl, shift. This would make the macro very manual, having to hold down the button to build fury via Demon’s Bite, and letting it go so it can do the rest. You would gain high control, but lose your ability to mind your surroundings instead of your fury bar. This might be the best option for you if you think it’s worth it.
-/castsequence: By putting Demon’s Bite twice in it’s own cast sequence it limits how many will actually be used. A cast sequence won’t repeat until both of its casts are completed, and since the macro is busy flying through everything else that’s available it shouldn’t have the chance to complete two Demon’s Bites unless you didn’t have enough fury to do anything else. That was my goal with it, anyway. When testing it having two felt like the right amount. Three would give great opening fury but then might starve later, for example. Doing it this way let fury be a mindless task, fully automated by the macro. Sure, less efficient, but then again it’s a macro.
-PreMacro: This would perhaps be the least efficient way to do it. A PreMacro will fire once every X iterations of the main macro. Putting /cast Demon’s Bite in here and setting the Inner Loop Limit to, say, 10, means that Demon’s Bite would fire right at the start, but not fire again until 10 full loops of the main macro cycle. Not complete, mind you, just cycle. This yields wildly different results if you are spamming at 80ms vs 30ms vs manually tapping because you’ll complete cycles at different speeds. In testing it was impossible to get it to generate enough fury this way when you run dry unless the loop limit was small, and if it was small it was impossible to get the other abilities out before Demon’s Bite would fire again and waste fury. And then, even if I got it perfectly, you wouldn’t have the same result almost guaranteed. And certainly not Mr. or Ms. Manually Tap.

Sorry for the wall of text. I like to explain my methodology sometimes so my choices don’t seem so odd. But this is why I chose to do it the way I did. I figured the small relative amount of fury/dps lost in this setup, considering sims give variance of plus and minus within this window anyway, was acceptable for a one-button macro.

Wow that is a realy detailed answer with lots of new informations for me! I appreciate your effort a lot Enix! And with this new informations, i also think the macro cannot get improved. And the talent isnt worth, yes. I checkd it out last night. And even with 63% Crit it just dont work.
Thank you mate !!

EnixLHQ, As always your macros for this class are superb. I’m also extremely excited to try this build since I have increased my ilvl and etc. I still use the DH_Open macro to maintain my start burst, I really wish blizzard would fix the Demon Hunters Hit Chance as our Auto Attacks miss a lot for example Vault of the Wardens, Imp Mother I find that my attacks are always missing regardless if I position myself behind or next to the enemy.

totally agree reveal

I’m going to try and add the castsequence to add more demon’s bite since during longer durations of encounters I am being fury starved, I am going to also include Arcane Torment Blood Elf Racial to cast during as this adds an additional 15 fury regardless if it hits a target or not. But I did a M+ 15 and was second on DPS parse verse 964 geared people staying around 1.5mill dps

It is an impressive macro, given the shape with it was built. But I have a little problem. I put my AHK in 30ms but my character still keeps beating slowly. I tested a macro on page 3 that simply answered perfectly, but there is no ‘‘Blade Dance’’ added. I hope you can help me. Thankful!

PS: Sorry, my english is rusty haha :slight_smile:

[quote quote=57847]It is an impressive macro, given the shape with it was built. But I have a little problem. I put my AHK in 30ms but my character still keeps beating slowly. I tested a macro on page 3 that simply answered perfectly, but there is no ”Blade Dance” added. I hope you can help me. Thankful!
PS: Sorry, my english is rusty haha ???[/quote]

Not exactly sure what you’re asking.

[quote quote=57858]

It is an impressive macro, given the shape with it was built. But I have a little problem. I put my AHK in 30ms but my character still keeps beating slowly. I tested a macro on page 3 that simply answered perfectly, but there is no ”Blade Dance” added. I hope you can help me. Thankful! PS: Sorry, my english is rusty haha ???

Not exactly sure what you’re asking.[/quote]

Hi! Sorry about that… I’ll try to explain better: My demon hunter is at a slow speed while executing the skills. AHK is in 30ms. Even so, the demon hunter in addition to not getting a satisfactory DPS rate, is running the macro slowly.

In page 3 has a macro for fast spam, it works fine, but I do not know where to put the ‘‘blade dance’’ skill without mod.

Warduna, If you look at key press you’ll add your blade dance there. so your line you’ll add will look like this
under keypress={
“/cast [nochanneling,nomod,combat] Blade Dance”, see if that works

This is an absolute awsome marco and build! im at 925 with my new dh now, and im putting out awsome amount of dps! doing 2m on mythic+ bosses with the reborn t21 macro with all the cds.
But im loose some dps on the trash and thats where i think i have more success with the firts macro, the overall dps in a dungeon seems to be higher with that build, because of some downtime i guess. i can also say that i dont have the 4 piece yet, so that might be the problem.
But other than that, this is by far the best macros i have ever seen! Very good job!

Food Buff: NONE
Flask: NONE
Augment Rune: NONE
Pre-Pot: NONE
Timewarp/Bloodlust: NONE

This was a dry run with none of the above on me.

My Over All report Heroic Dungeon, Halls Of Valor:
Details!: Overall Damage Done for – x – x – [8:12 AC]

1. Mâttdâemon 660.07M (1.34m, 51.7%)
  2. Mihijo … 244.24M (496.1k, 19.1%)
  3. Lyta … 149.10M (302.8k, 11.7%)
  4. Billingham … 129.82M (263.7k, 10.2%)
  5. Jagotembak . 92.27M (187.4k, 7.2%)

Trash Mobs damage: 4.58m

Stats:
Mastery: 30%
Crit: 47%
Haste: 19%
Vers: 9%
ILVL: 949

Legendaries:
Raddon’s Cascading Eyes
Kil’jaeden’s Burning Wish

T21 Set Bonus: 4PC
Weapon: 977

I run your above 920 macro at 30ms using Razer Synapse 0.30secs, bound to key no AHK

Armory for stuff:https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/shattered-halls/mâttdâemon

Damage Done Total:

1. Annihilation 150.39M (22.8%)
  2. Eye Beam 130.02M (19.7%)
  3. Chaos Strike 79.02M
  4. Kil’jaeden’s Burning Wish 40.51M
  5. Throw Glaive 39.85M
  6. Chaos Cleave 37.49M
  7. Inner Demons 30.09M
  8. Demon’s Bite 28.31M
  9. Fury of the Illidari 26.34M
  10. Anguish 20.91M
  11. Melee 18.9M
  12. Gorshalach’s Legacy 18.35M
  13. Rage of the Illidari 13.61M
  14. Shadowbind 12.91M
  15. Gorshalach’s Legacy 8.90M
  16. Fel Rush 2.93M
  17. Blade Dance 1.08M
  18. Chaos Nova 376K
  19. Arcane Torrent 0.0

I hope this helps everyone understand the potential, I am going to toss in a Blade Dance in there as well since Death Sweep and Annihilation are spenders for Meta and there is a 200K difference between Blade Dance and Chaos Strike in Meta form, I know it will spend more fury but more chaos strikes will generate more fragments to pickup plus popping Arcane Torrent every 1.5M to gen 15 fury helps a lot as well.

M0 Maw of Souls 3 people group
Details!: Overall Damage Done for – x – x – [5:50 AC]

1. Mâttdâemon … 693.71M (1.98m, 63.4%)
  2. Natkommando 261.90M (748.7k, 23.9%)
  3. Astirina … 138.48M (395.9k, 12.7%)

Food Buff
Rune
Flask
Pre-Pots All used

MYthic 15 Maw of SOuls over all damage
Details!: Overall Damage Done for – x – x – [23:10 AC]

1. Anítaa … 2050.17M (1.48m, 30.7%)
  2. Magnork … 1862.09M (1.34m, 27.9%)
  3. Mâttdâemon 1768.08M (1.27m, 26.5%)
  4. Alanalanalan 962.71M (692.7k, 14.4%)
  5. Shiftycents … 31.89M (22.9k, 0.5%)

Would someone help me with creating an AHK script to run this at 30ms?

Hey mate. Download punch key. Much better for us less script minded folk

Am I doing something wrong with this setup? Cause I cant seem to get Meta to trigger despite holding in shift as a mad, do I need to clear any and all bind calls on Shift key?

Just shift and whatever number you put the macro on, but yes

What kind of mileage are people getting with this macro in PvP, if any?