Havoc Reborn

EDIT 5/25/19: Complete redesign. Will now prioritize more Annihilations when in Meta/Demonic form. Removed all castsequences that would not revert to base spells when returning to normal. DPS increase as a result. New T1 talent suggestions. Better tuning.

Fel, hatred, obsession. These define you, but also spell destruction to those who oppose you. Unleash the demon within and show them just how unprepared they are.

duKwfaakvG6uqHAwG0TubyxQO6ximmr0Xi1YqLNHettL6AKGTrv5BiPXjsNJKwNkI)rvLmqviDquLwOkGEOkutufLlQsYgvb1iPQQtQsQvsvfVufKzQs0nrv1or0pvbYqfkwkQcpfLPcL2kQIgRkeVLQCxQyVu(luWGv1HLSys0JvAYcvxwQnRI0NfYOHQtlQxRsy2G62uPDt8BGHlchxO0YrQNly6qUoi2oj03rvz8qHCEOO1tvLA)k20gwJuBSRocg8NxEEqhJbEpJN8sE8vNzKCgwJ5FdNaolxymCekr4ecc(a8bx(nMU1sdcNVaxItb0qCdeiqI8sGxkc2dGUvcOfcJHTGBbfmghfTFXP1gJxiiCaTXUcJAfRJgdnasCxaGUng)LaPGVwqnTITGYaXoqJ5FdNWyxDem4FPiyXaVXvSKTJp(HhqK5l08kK0nm)bZLeJMVMp0lqIJXZdONNp8c1k20ZZhG(IW8NcONhtaKZh)CmqcqC755VIY788Lr4ZZ7LypF8d)nQCb0jWbHCy(aQK4zjA(SmFc4A755lJWNN5)1hg75gJ)APb8SPdzGemSgP2WAKAJrSvanVNaw8sKgolrqxGRYc5mpNcPQCjnsoJrSvanVNaw8sKgolroZRvttQPyKumgXwb08EcyXlrA4SebDbUklKZ8600BvvJ82yeBfqHowiTS98EcyXlrA4Se5mVwnnPMc051(4OQEBKkymITcO59eWIxI0WzjYzETpoQQ3gPpJrSvanVNaw8sKgolrqxGRYc5mVon9wv1iPAmITcOqhlKw2EEpbS4LinCwICMxRMMutb68AFCuvVnYuJrSvanVNaw8sKgolroZR9XXDtXivngXwb08EcyXlrA4SebDbUklKZ8600BvvJuN0yeBfqZ7jGfVePHZse0f4QSqoZRPQMubQgPwBmITcO59eWIxI0WzjYzETpoQQ3gPMZyeBfqHowiTS98EcyXlrA4Se5mVwnnPMc051(4OQEBKAkgJyRaAEpbS4LinCwIGUaxLfYzEDA6TQQXIbeq8xlnWWAKAJrSvanVNaw8sKgolroZR9XXDtXqg7saiXLz3mYyAJDOgtE0WDfAdRrQngbKqpVNaw8sKgolrqxGRYc5mVMIrYzmciHEEpbS4LinCwIGUaxLfYzE9THmgd1jomezrzGySyOZa6mctJHLolx0iTP0yhQXmg6oemSgP2yeOIoQrT0UyoVNaWlAxhV4Df3Xi5mgXwbuOJfslBpVNli(jfmcQaw8sKgolroZZrnLcNpJKIXi2kGM3Zfe)egE(ue0JMaUWSPHUaxLfYzETQ(MJQrEBmITcOqhlKw2EEpxq8toglpU0zETAQcPQqNxR6JQo1qglg6M)APbgwJuBmITcO59eWIxI0WzjYzETpoUBkgYyyPZYfnIZuAidzmwIEV(mJubQun21lqmMXoRpTGaJmsTHmKzUsage Information
EX_Havoc_Advanced
Run at 50ms (20x a second) or whatever works for you.
Consume Magic with ALT.
Metamorphosis standing in place with SHIFT.

This macro contains 1 macro version. This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.4.04.

Macro Version 1

Step Function: Priority

Pre Macro: Demon’s Bite

KeyPress: Darkness, Blur, Metamorphosis, Consume Magic

Main Sequence: Blade Dance, Demon’s Bite, Eye Beam, Immolation Aura, Chaos Nova, Chaos Strike

KeyRelease: Swim Speed (TEST), Mana Drain

Post Macro: Demon’s Bite

This macro will attempt to allow you to maintain a high DPS with this highly mobile class. Fortunately, Demon Hunters are very straightforward, and the macro only needs to best use your abilities when appropriate. Note that Vengeful Retreat is not in the rotation on purpose, it is a DPS loss in almost all cases even when talented with Momentum unless you can use it perfectly manually. Fel Rush similarly isn’t in the rotation as you should use it to engage and reposition.

If you want to use Metamorphosis where you stand, hold SHIFT.

Macro Notes
This macro uses talent choices that are designed to work best in all situations. Other talents, such as Momentum or Demon Blades have been passed over in favor of a more solid kit whatever you are doing, eliminating the need for talent changes. This means you might find better numbers by choosing these talents, but only in certain situations or itemizations, but will generally experience an overall loss of DPS compared to my setup.

Eye Beam and Chaos Nova are built-in to the macro. The macro relies on Eye Beam, but feel free to remove Chaos Nova if you’d like, though I don’t recommend it. See the talent Unleashed Power for my reason why.

This macro was tuned spamming 20 times a second, or 50ms.

Talents and Explanation
Demonic Appetite or Blind Fury - We’re starting strong with a talent that will define the rest of your kit and shape your gameplay.

Blind Fury is your default talent. For ease of play and top burst DPS you’ll want to choose this. Your Eye Beam will last 50% longer doing more damage and fill your Fury up to unleash your Chaos Strikes or Annihilations. In most cases you’ll want to stick with this talent, but if you’re heading into a long fight, about 3 minutes or more consider Demonic Appetite.

With Demonic Appetite you will now generate Lesser Soul Fragments via Chaos Strike, naturally generating more during Meta/Demonic phases. Just moving around a bit near them will pick them up and grant a ton of Fury. Your DPS will depend on how well you manage this resource. As a rule of thumb, don’t pick up any LSFs unless below 50% Fury, or 25% Fury if Immolation Aura is active. If you manage LSFs correctly this macro will give you 100% of sims at 3 minutes or more.

This talent will also synergize with Unleashed Power/Chaos Nova, and the Azerite talent Eyes of Rage. The former creating Lesser Soul Fragments and the latter making all LSF reduce the CD on Eye Beam.

Immolation Aura - Fury generation should not a problem with this build. As long as you don’t find yourself constantly starving for Fury, Immolation Aura is a pure DPS boost in both ST and AOE situations. If, however, you are finding Fury to tap out a bit too soon, Insatiable Hunger can be subbed in. It’ll be a trade-off. I’d also hold off until your final talent before making that choice.

Trail of Ruin - Right now, no matter the build and no matter the fight, Blade Dance is back on the rotation. Trail of Ruin allows Blade Dance to continue doing damage while it’s on cooldown. All three talents in this tier can be used for ST or AOE, but Trail will pull ahead on sheer usage in a fight.

(Your Choice) - Choose what you prefer. I prefer Soul Rending due to frequent instances of Metamorphosis/Demonic. Allows me to solo elites and rares with ease and pinch tank and be a hero to my party. However, if Nemesis is taken later, consider taking Netherwalk here. Finally, in high Mythic+ dungeons, Desperate Instincts can save your life.

First Blood - Another clear winner. This turns your AOE Blade Dance into a ST ability, as well. Since it also reduces its cost it further solidifies its place in your standard rotation.

Unleashed Power - Technically this is another situational talent. However, with Chaos Nova built into the macro, it is actually a DPS increase to take this talent, even with manual use. Unleashed Power makes your stun free and available more often, which can eliminate rotational downtime, letting you feel like a Frost DK in terms of automatic periodic stuns. Most importantly, however, is that every Chaos Nova has a chance of breaking off a LSF per target, greatly increasing your Fury surplus and reducing your Eye Beam cooldown, especially in packs of enemies.

Trust me, if your M+ or raid is depending on your stun for control, they’re doing it wrong anyway.

Demonic - Taking this will make your Eye Beams transform you which enhances all your abilities for 8 seconds. This is the most solid choice and this macro is built around it. The other talents are situational at best, with Nemesis being the next best overall, but still pales compared to Demonic.

Known Issues

1. None.

DPS Numbers
Giving my numbers, in most cases, is not helpful. You will have different gear, different buffs, or can snapshot AoE numbers and call them ST. Instead, I sim my character and attempt to get my macros as close to “Expert” level numbers as possible, which should translate accurately for everyone. Right now, this macro is performing at 95% of “Expert” level sims! (If you think a macro can do 100% I’d like to see it.)

AskMrRobot
AMR’s auto-balancing and itemization engine should not be overlooked. Squeeze out your best DPS.

1 Like

Thankyou Enix. What button did you put for meta?

Shift to do it where you stand. Otherwise, I have it on my middle mouse button so I can engage with it if I want.

Thanks again will load it up and give it a whirl

Getting 2.9K dps sustained, burst for a min straight is like 4k and it slowly goes down. Very nice. I swapped the shift mod to a ctrl mod because its my preference. Thank you.

229ilevel around 3k dps run at 30ms
and also deleted Blur

Level 244 holding 5.6k
Nothing touched on macro, but I will be removing Nemisis and putting on a separate button.

Great Macro once again.

Hi Enix, is the process the same to import? Copy/Paste > Import in GSE? The code kinda throw me off lol

Leaves me pain starved before every Eyebeam.

Yes.

Not taking my recommended talent Blind Fury?

So i am not sure of the actual issue here. Both have working macros that do the same damage within the same frame and both have the correct %usage of spells used and amount of times used. There is no 1 clear winner above all. @mufti while you say you’re not attacking him, your “lets just hope you won’t abuse your mod powers” is very antagonising, certainly was not needed to be said in any case. Maybe think of removing the personal stuff and keeping to the “facts”

Both macros against the Imprisoned Felfiend. 3 minutes. 3 times. Averaged results. No buffs. 227 ilvl. Cinidaria and Anger as my legendaries. Ran at 30ms.

Enix’s macro: 5k burst, 3k sustain, 3k after 3 minutes. Never locked up.
Your macro: 5k burst, 3k sustain, 3k after 3 minutes. Locked up once.

In no way was i starved nor did i lock up, i had the right amount of skill use while in meta and out, i was always able to use abilities without the fear/panic i was skipping.

Both macros are on par.

Enix’s macro: 5k burst, 3k sustain, 3k after 3 minutes. Never locked up. Your macro: 5k burst, 3k sustain, 3k after 3 minutes. Locked up once

I hate that we now maintain at 3k. Sigh rip demon hunter atleast until they fix it

[quote quote=61668]

Enix’s macro: 5k burst, 3k sustain, 3k after 3 minutes. Never locked up. Your macro: 5k burst, 3k sustain, 3k after 3 minutes. Locked up once
I hate that we now maintain at 3k. Sigh rip demon hunter atleast until they fix it[/quote]

I’m sure they will. We’re still in pre-patch and lots of things will change soon enough.

Added Chaos Nova to the macro and now suggesting taking the talent Unleashed Power. This will be an increase of about 200 to 300 DPS at around the 230 ilvl, but more significantly will allow you to stun enemies every 40 seconds automatically.

Please let me know if this is a positive change for you, or if it takes away from gameplay. So far in testing in Mythics and a few who are using this to level new DHs, this has been a positive change.

EnixLHQ what are your talents for this macro?

His Talents are in the first post…

Thanks Enix will give it a try today

what would the best legendary for this build be ?

I would say Sephuz now the macro uses Chaos Nova, and either Raddon’s (AOE) or Anger of Half Giants (ST).

[quote quote=61850]

what would the best legendary for this build be ?

I would say Sephuz now the macro uses Chaos Nova, and either Raddon’s (AOE) or Anger of Half Giants (ST).[/quote]

Exactly this. With Chaos Nova on cooldown Seph’s becomes a beast.

However, not everyone will want to use Chaos Nova like this (even though it is a free DPS increase along with regular stuns), and will opt to take it out of the macro. In that case I have found Anger of Half Giants and Cinidaria, the Symbiote to be a good paring.

Icy would say best in slot would be Chaos Theory and Anger, though I don’t quite agree.