Help understanding Delay in PunchKey

I recently bought a copy of PunchKey 7, and started wondering how the delay in Punchkey is working?

What I think I do understand is that the two delay-values can be set to lets say 100 and 120, to mimic a variation in the inputs, so it seems more like human inputs.

What I dont understand:

1. Are the values in delay in ms?
  2. If someone on these forums says “run this macro at 30ms”. Does that mean I have to change the delay in PunchKey to 30-30 (or 30-40, if I want to mimic human input)?

I see alot of post where people are saying things like “this macro is great at 100 delay in PunchKey”, which is abit confusing to me since I thought lowering your delay to match your ingame ms was the way to go.

This is correct…

If someone on these forums says “run this macro at 30ms”. Does that mean I have to change the delay in PunchKey to 30-30 (or 30-40, if I want to mimic human input)?

You are are correct in your thinking. 100-100 would be Non-Random.
When the the numbers are the same, it will only press that speed you choose, Non-Random.
Something like 60-150 would produce random keypress between those two numbers.

100ms is not achievable by human fingers. You would have to hit a key 10x in 1 second. Give it a try. Might as well just stick with a static number IMO.

Hi sorry to necro an old thread but I recently had to reset my pc and lost the Punchkey program I can’t find it anywhere I don’t mind paying for it at all I downloaded AHK but really this is way more program than I need. Thanks.

PunchKey is on Facebook from the author.

I dont see Punchkey on FB anymore or when I have looked for it nothing comes up for it,

Yea Punchkey seems to have disappeared. I had a scare today too where mine simply stopped working. It worked again when I did a pc restart, but it’s got me looking for other options like a mouse with software.