importing does not work in gse 2.2.0

I have seen a lot of posts with issues importing lately on the forums. I have found that the latest version of gse will not import due to an error on line 213. However 2.1.7 works just fine, so in order to import, I have downgraded to 2.1.7. So far as I know there is nothing that I have to have in 2.2.0 at this time, but if you upgrade after import your macros still work.

Hope this helps somebody.
Randy

ps:

issue fixed, see below
There is a file in the WTF folder called GSE.lua that all imported macros are stored in, somehow mine got corrupted or had some bad info in it. as soon as I deleted it, Importing started working again.

Thanks TimothyLuke for his help fixing this issue.
Randy

No its not helpful at all. You have not pasted anything about the error, like the actual error and point to a line which could be anything or even just a badly imported sequence

Import works perfectly well. Most issues importing were from the bottom squiggly bracket being missing.

Date: 2017-10-01 10:57:28
ID: 2
Error occured in: Global
Count: 1
bad argument #1 to ‘getn’ (table expected, got nil)
Debug:
[C]: getn()
GSE\API\Storage.lua:213: ImportSerialisedSequence()
GSE_GUI\Import.lua:97: GUIImportSequence()
GSE_GUI\Import.lua:44:
GSE_GUI\Import.lua:44
(tail call): ?
[C]: ?
[string “safecall Dispatcher[4]”]:9:
[string “safecall Dispatcher[4]”]:5
(tail call): ?
Ace3\AceGUI-3.0\AceGUI-3.0.lua:314: Fire()
…dOns\Ace3\AceGUI-3.0\widgets\AceGUIWidget-Button.lua:22:

I just tried to import the first macro in this subforum OUTDATED - AOTB Macro (using Qa'Pla Boots) for 7.3 - Patch 7.0+ - WoW Lazy Macros, but it gives the same error regardless of which macro I try to import. I also tried with a fresh install and with an upgrade.

There is a file in the WTF folder called GSE.lua that all imported macros are stored in, somehow mine got corrupted or had some bad info in it. as soon as I deleted it, Importing started working again.

Thanks TimothyLuke for his help fixing this issue.
Randy

If anything complains about a storage line, it usually means something has gone and corrupted.

Storage 1 is usually due to copying into Edge/IE, they corrupt the first character/empty space
Storage 2 is due to the commented out dash dash, posting into the forum makes it 1 long dash for some reason. Deleting that and doing - - again fixes it.