Improved Resto Macros

So my main is an Enhance Shaman, so my insight deals with the needs of melee. My alt happens to be a caster so im looing at this macro from a moving around fluidity and strong heals.

Taking bits and pieces from others i feel this arrangement is ideal for all situations and should get your healing to the top.

UPDATE i didnt like how the dps option was layed out so i rearranged it to be a small heal and pressing ctrl would turn it into a dps cast

SINGLE TARGET Light - Medium Damage

Sequences['ZAM-RestoST'] = {
-- This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.0.14.
  Author="Zambalis",
  SpecID=264,
  Talents = "3213323",
  Help = "Talents - 3213323",
  Default=1,
  Raid=1,
  PVP=1,
  Mythic=1,
  Icon='Spell_Nature_MagicImmunity',
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
      StepFunction = [[Sequential]],
      KeyPress={
        "/targetenemy [noharm][dead]",
      },
      PreMacro={
      },
        "/cast [@mouseover,exists,nodead] Riptide",
        "/castsequence [mod:ctrl] Flame Shock, Lava Burst, Lightning Bolt, Lightning Bolt, Lightning Bolt, Lightning Bolt",
        "/castsequence [@mouseover,exists,nodead] Healing Wave, Healing Wave",
        "/cast [@focus,exist,nodead][nochanneling] Healing Rain",
        "/cast [@focus] Gift of the Queen",
        "/cast [combat] Cloudburst Totem",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
        "/cast Healing Stream Totem",
        "/cast Blood Fury",
      },
    },
  },
}

SINGLE TARGET Medium to Heavy Damage or “oh Crap moments”

Sequences['Zam-RestoMAX'] = {
  Author="Zambalis",
  SpecID=264,
  Talents = "3213312",
  Help = "Talents - 3213313",
  Default=1,
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
      KeyPress={
      },
      PreMacro={
      },
        "/castsequence [@mouseover,exists,nodead] Riptide, Healing Surge, Healing Surge",
        "/cast [@cursor] Gift of the Queen",
        "/cast [mod:shift,@cursor] Healing Rain",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
        "/cast Healing Tide Totem",
        "/cast Blood Fury",
      },
    },
  },
}

AOE pretty much what it says

Sequences['Zam-RestoAOE'] = {
  Author="Zambalis",
  SpecID=264,
  Talents = "3213323",
  Help = "Talents - 3213323",
  Default=1,
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
      KeyPress={
      },
      PreMacro={
      },
        "/cast [@mouseover,exists,nodead] Riptide",
        "/cast [@mouseover,exists,nodead] Chain Heal",
        "/cast [@cursor] Gift of the Queen",
        "/cast [mod:shift,@cursor] Healing Rain",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
        "/cast Healing Stream Totem",
        "/cast Blood Fury",
      },
    },
  },
}

In all three macros i left the Spirit Link Totem out intentionally as its a defensive totem and very situational. I tested many scenarios and have mediocre “resto gear” i have more of my mastery Enhancement gear on. but focusing on mastery and im topping the charts.

:slight_smile: Looks good.

Are the talents different in the resto max on purpose?

No. I missed that. Good catch

not allowing me to paste in gse

string “Storage”]:31: attempt to index global ‘equences’ (a nil value)
Time: 02/25/17 20:17:38
Count: 4
Stack: (tail call): ?
[string “Storage”]:31: in function func' Interface\AddOns\GSE\API\Storage.lua:209: in functionImportSequence’
Interface\AddOns\GSE\GUI\Import.lua:54: in function GUIImportSequence' Interface\AddOns\GSE\GUI\Import.lua:32: in function <Interface\AddOns\GSE\GUI\Import.lua:32> (tail call): ? [C]: ? [string "safecall Dispatcher[4]"]:9: in function <[string "safecall Dispatcher[4]"]:5> (tail call): ? ...ace\AddOns\AddOnSkins\Libs\AceGUI-3.0\AceGUI-3.0.lua:314: in functionFire’
…kins\Libs\AceGUI-3.0\widgets\AceGUIWidget-Button.lua:28: in function <…kins\Libs\AceGUI-3.0\widgets\AceGUIWidget-Button.lua:25>

Locals: <none>

not sure … did you try restating the game client, or manually importing it. might need to update your addon?

I am posting just for the sake of updating… Currently i havent found a better rotation or hPS increase.

Hey, Taco, just wanted to say that these macros are still working as intended for my wife’s Resto Shaman. Thank you for them. :slight_smile: I had to remove Healing Rain and Gift of the Queen though, and make separate @cursor macros for those two spells due to occasional placement issues. Not because of the macros, but because sometimes she wouldn’t anticipate those spells going off and so they would show up way off of the party at times.

yea it took some timing and lots of practice to get them on point. The cool thing about the macros is that they just work. I heal m+ dungeons and mythic raids with this and i do just fine

Does at focus work for healing rain? I thought only thing that works is @target, and @combat?

[quote quote=48495]Does at focus work for healing rain? I thought only thing that works is @target, and @combat?
[/quote]

I am wanting to know this too. I can pretty well get my aim right with Healing Rain and Gift of the Queen, but there are times where I’d rather it go to my focus than my cursor.

The @focus gift of the queen on the st macro does not pop at all. I wish it would but it only seems to work if its @cursor. Correct me if im wrong.

you are correct, the @cursor or @player are all that are working correctly right now. i need to update this

So the healing macros work great man. However in heroics and mythics im bored and people arnt taking dmg lol. Any chance you got a resto dps macro for teh down time?

yes i actually do ill message it to you since its still in progress. i am usually #4 dps lol

If you could send it my way as well, I’d appreciate it. There’s a few bosses we’re on where I could probably help with dps. I have a macro that I got from here a long time ago, but it just ain’t that grand lol And it might help with soloing too! :slight_smile:

just wondering if i could get that macro as well have been trying out different rotations but it’s hard to watch health and try to hit with max dps

hey taco if you dont mind could you also send my that dps macro i think im going to switch my shammy to resto and i really like the healing macros you have here

Taco,
love the healing macros. Could you please send me the dps version as well?
thanks

[quote quote=48495]Does at focus work for healing rain? I thought only thing that works is @target, and @combat?
[/quote]

Right. Not working. Can you guys fix it ?