John Metz Outlaw SL

updated outlaw quite a bit,

currently using Ghostly strike and Loaded dice talents,
GS to make combo point generation less random and help smooth out the rotation
Loaded dice as i had energy to burn taking alacrity, but can take that instead if you are energy starved.

have a bit of a convoluted solution to slice and dice lock ups
i have created a simple second macro that manages slice and dice and the primary macro will call it
so you just need to have both macros there but still only need to press the main macro SND can just be ignored.

Update, 11/10, A bit of a warning here as some of these have been a real pain in the ass Venthyr in particular.
Serrated Bone Spike, and Sepsis are fine.

Kyrian Ability Echoing Repremand, due to how it works as well as how the macros work, performance will vary DEPENDING on what combo point it applied to, ie if it applied to 2nd or 3rd its fine, if it applies to 4th, it may clear early (use a finisher at 3 points) leaving a period of no buff at all. this happened about 50%-75% of the time in testing. You could add more Sinister Strikes to the sequence, which will solve this, At the risk of harming the overall performance of the macro, you could then take Deeper Stratigem to mitigate this unless it takes that into account and starts adding it to the 5th point then ya screwed.

Venthyr Ability Flagellation , What a shit show this was, spent way too much time trying many many ways to get this working, only to discover the ability is bugged at the time of testing.
so i have for now defaulted to a modifier to be applied manually and keep an eye on or a weak aura to monitor.
so apply Flagellation to target, and let it build stacks on target. using it again cleanses it from target and gives you haste. then re apply once off CD rinse repeat.
now in testing i have no idea if its working as the buff tooltips tell me its giving 0% haste, even when cleansed at 40 stacks (should be 20% haste)
also cleansing at 40 stacks locks the ability and its no longer usable with only character death resetting the ability, this is a game bug ive reported to Bliz and nothing to do with the macro.

this is the SND macro

b4vmErLxofJxtnLte5LtY4fvEnfvHXwzUr3CEnLxt1uyJj3BwvMCZL2BUnNxu5LtX4fvE5umEn1lJf2C0nxzXvxzUnwz(bwm5mZmXudl(b2mXudn5yJxojJxt9YySL2yR5hyWfwDZvMFGfdmEnfuVnhDnf2yY9Mxu5fDEn1sLLhuYv2CZ5fvErNxtTuz5jvzSvwyZvMxu5fDEnfuYvwtHnMCV5fvErNxtnfDLbNr152y0L2BU51utvwC1vMB0LwyS5fDErNxtD0ufzvzYnxAV5MxojJnWeJxtvKBM9MCJv2qV1gCHrxyILgBPrxEEjKxtruzMfwDSrNxofJxtjvzHr2tUXwEEjMxtfuD0H2BY51uEn1uWv2yjrKxojJnX41unfMB1fgBj5gDLjNDL5gDP9MBEjKx05fDE5f

this is the main macro

deeIkaalkAxOOWVGyyuWXuzzI0ZiAAIsxdsBJs9nLACO05i06KQY9eH6GOOQfIIkpuQsXejGUOiGnkc5JsvsgPuLuNKa0kLQe9srrZuu4MeKDkPFkcKHsGwQiONQyQsXvrrrBLa4RIa1Bvs3vj2lyWchwvlwQ8yKMmkYLrSzPQ6ZOO0OPqNgvTAPkHxJcnBr1TLs7gv(TedhfCCPkwoL8COMoPRlI2UuLQZtqTEPkL2pvdh0a1dMeeZSjdMpbNbutHgyA(CcNIHrE3DPPWW8jvJfly6LfJCEier7TW0RMeqaiwy(chutTnCWi0ZL8ZfqoLy17eoLVWbmhmc9uRIaqSW8fom0a1dAG6bdc9XQhRyL85QXfpyT32qnfge6JvpKhkQbwOkHbH(yft6jjHJs8WdlcMOjMwA7E1dporP8qn9i1GiRPhNOuEOMECIs5HA6XXIUTLMEKAqK10JtukputporP8qn94yr32stpsniYc1SWGqFS6XkT0296IhYdvM9Gkkmi0hRECI2IYnuTHbH(y1durjlmnw8Cms0uOdMmkfgYGVLxH5GPXINJrIEqhmzsewqlcgdnq9GbH(y1J12ct9HnY3VU4Xjz3BqHjtIWjKKtEmbAG6bdc9XQhRTfM67Z1fpKzrrTfHAkmi0CEkJEmvbckmJsyirj5OkFHdMH0tscNY)5WiOfrONAvGgOEWGqFS6XkwjFUACXdw7TnutHbH(y1JvUcT029QjxbRKpxnU4XTzZcvjmi0hRESslTDVU4Xj3OgGAwyqOpw9yLwA7EDXJ09XU3GcJGfSk0tTkqdupyqOpw942BBqbfQPqdupyqOpw9yfRKpxnU4bR92gQPWGqFS6H8qrnWcvjmi0hRyspjjCuIhEyrWenX6BXSe1dpgIL1ReM8G5kCepgg4zKy6bxY8COMfge6JvmPNKeokXdpSiyIMyAPT7vp84eLYd10JudISMECIs5HA6XjkLhQPhhl62wA6rQbrwtporP8qn94eLYd10JJfDBln9i1GilurHbH(y1JvAPT71fpKhQm7bvByqOpw94eTfLBOUHbH(y1durjlmcwWQqp1Qanq9GbH(y1JBVTbfMmkfgYGVLxH5GPXINJrIEqhmnw8Cms0uOdMmjcNqso5XeObQhmi0CEkJEmvbckmJsyirj5OkFHdMH0tscNY)5WiOfrONAvGgOEWGqFS6XkwjFUACXdw7TnutHbH(y1JvUcT029QjxbRKpxnU4XTzZcvjmi0hRESslTDVU4Xj3OgGAwyqOpw9yLwA7EDXJ09XU3GctMeHf0IGXqdupyqOpw9yTTWuFFUU4XXIUTLqnfge6JvpwBlm1h2iF)6IhNKDVbfuOkHgOEWGqFS6XkwjFUACXdw7TnutHbH(y1d5HIAGfQsyqOpw9ibOgl8CmRhjKWGfF7ZXeuZcdc9XkM0tschL4HhwemrtmT029QhECIs5HA6rQbrwtporP8qn94eLYd10JJfDBln9i1GiRPhNOuEOMECIs5HA6XXIUTLMEKAqKfQOWGqFS6XkT0296IhYdvM9GQnmi0hRECI2IYnu3WGqFS6bQOKfgblyvONAvGgOEWGqFS6XT32GctgLcdzW3YRWCW0yXZXirpOdMglEogjAk0btMeHtijN8yc0a1dgeAopLrpMQabfMrjmKOKCuLVWbZq6jjHt5)Cye0Ii0tTkqdupyqOpw9yfRKpxnU4bR92gQPWGqFS6XkxHwA7E1KRGvYNRgx842SzHQege6JvpwPL2Uxx84KBudqnlmi0hRESslTDVU4r6(y3BqHjtIWcArWyObQhmi0hRES2wyQVpxx84yr32sOMcdc9XQhRTfM6dBKVFDXJtYU3GckuZcnq9GbH(y1JvSs(C14IhS2BBOMcdc9XQhYdf1aluLWGqFS6XqyaZJHAwyqOpwXKEss4Oep8WIGjAIPL2Ux9WJtukputpsniYA6XjkLhQPhNOuEOMECSOBBPPhPgezn94eLYd10Jtukputpow0TT00JudISqffge6JvpwPL2Uxx8qEOYShuTHbH(y1Jt0wuUH6gge6JvpqfLSWiybRc9uRc0a1dge6JvpU92guyYOuyid(wEfMdMglEogj6bDW0yXZXirtHoyYKiCcj5KhtGgOEWGqZ5Pm6XufiOWmkHHeLKJQ8foygspjjCk)NdJGweHEQvbAG6bdc9XQhRyL85QXfpyT32qnfge6Jvpw5k0sB3RMCfSs(C14Ih3MnluLWGqFS6XkT0296IhNCJAaQzHbH(y1JvAPT71fps3h7Edkmzsewqlcgdnq9GbH(y1J12ct9956Ihhl62wc1uyqOpw9yTTWuFyJ89RlECs29guqbfgbs6)tMRq9GraPfoyGPxtYzaMMVZJZdbGWPgf2Y0JMVl1dEShvc1QKxSyY0JMVZdPh8ypYuyl(NZ0JMVZJSEWJ9OYZSgvps0tygEW8m1lsIvpuJepyI0)Nmx9O3jy(cNhAXdCsELzaZWaHkGceQP2gGjb46Vyrj9MsldV(D858QWaZbkOaaa

Usage Information

Tab 1 Venthyr, Tab2 is Necrolord, Tab 3 is Kyrian, Tab 4 is Night Fae. Adjust the default vesion to suit.

This macro contains 4 macro versions. This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.6.01-alpha17-shadowlands.

• The Default macro is 1

Macro Version 1

Step Function: Sequential

Pre Macro: Stealth, Adrenaline Rush, Ambush, Blade Rush

KeyPress: Blade Flurry

Main Sequence: Shiv, Ghostly Strike, Ambush, Between the Eyes, Dispatch, Roll the Bones, Pistol Shot, Sinister Strike

KeyRelease: Flagellation

Post Macro: Gouge

Macro Version 2

KeyPress: Blade Flurry, Pistol Shot

Main Sequence: Shiv, Ghostly Strike, Ambush, Between the Eyes, Dispatch, Roll the Bones, Pistol Shot, Sinister Strike

KeyRelease: Contains various utility functions.

Macro Version 3

Macro Version 4

3 Likes

yeah man i totally feel the same

somewhat for me worked better lower combo points for slice and dice, bcause it keeps adding the time to it, and few times macro hangs up ( at least on the macro i made )

POISONS EVERYWHERE! :grinning:

the hang ups are due to trying to apply slice and dice when better one is active. ie the one before is from 5 combo points and the new one is from 4. i have a work around where you just stop firing the macro for a second or a GCD and you’re good to go

Hey Guys,

what do you think are best class choices, for using a makro in shadowlands ?

Personal choices for me:

Warlock Destro
Shadow Priest
Rogue Outlaw
Warrior Arms

1 Like

personally it comes down to the macro themselves. As some classes are MUCH much easier to macro for than others, so the classes that are easier to macro, will have better ones sooner, like Paladins, Warriors, Hunters.

where as classes that have more things to juggle like resources, procs, burst windows etc take longer
to develop and result in macros that can be sub par to uses expectations, Rogues, Shamans Shadow priests are good examples.

then there are edgeliers that are more dependent on the authors knowledge of the class, which can be any class. but for me its Death knight, normally i would put it in the latter group with rogues, but I feel i have cracked the code on the class and as a result can get better results when im coding a macro.

2 Likes

updated outlaw quite a bit,

Loaded dice as i had energy to burn taking alacrity, but can take that instead if you are energy starved.

have a bit of a convoluted solution to slice and dice lock ups
i have created a simple second macro that manages slice and dice and the primary macro will call it
so you just need to have both macros there but still only need to press the main macro SND can just be ignored.

Ambush doesn’t seem to work every time between fights, any ideas?

hmm yeah looks like my SND is happening first, so but the time it cycles back to cast ambush you are already out of stealth, thanks for the heads up, ill look into this when i finish work

acutally its and easy fix.
moving /click SND
from Keypress to Key relaese fixes this, ill update shortly

I appreciate the effort but still have the same issue, even if I remove /click SND completely it skips ambush sometimes. I’ll do some more testing and see if I can narrow down the problem

please do, as i stopped having the issue my end so any details will help me solve for otheres

Update, 11/10, A bit of a warning here as some of these have been a real pain in the ass Venthyr in particular.
Serrated Bone Spike, and Sepsis are fine.

Kyrian Ability Echoing Repremand, due to how it works as well as how the macros work, performance will vary DEPENDING on what combo point it applied to, ie if it applied to 2nd or 3rd its fine, if it applies to 4th, it may clear early (use a finisher at 3 points) leaving a period of no buff at all. this happened about 50%-75% of the time in testing. You could add more Sinister Strikes to the sequence, which will solve this, At the risk of harming the overall performance of the macro, you could then take Deeper Stratigem to mitigate this unless it takes that into account and starts adding it to the 5th point then ya screwed.

Venthyr Ability Flagellation , What a shit show this was, spent way too much time trying many many ways to get this working, only to discover the ability is bugged at the time of testing.
so i have for now defaulted to a modifier to be applied manually and keep an eye on or a weak aura to monitor.
so apply Flagellation to target, and let it build stacks on target. using it again cleanses it from target and gives you haste. then re apply once off CD rinse repeat.
now in testing i have no idea if its working as the buff tooltips tell me its giving 0% haste, even when cleansed at 40 stacks (should be 20% haste)
also cleansing at 40 stacks locks the ability and its no longer usable with only character death resetting the ability, this is a game bug ive reported to Bliz and nothing to do with the macro.

1 Like

Hello @John-Metz

I was ready to try your macro, and when imported to GSE 2.6.14-3-g28de4b5 it says not able to import to this version( happened before i think )

Is it too much to ask to update to latest version, please?

Cheers

@John-Metz Love your sub macro. any plans on working on the outlaw or assa macros?

@John-Metz I was wondering how fast you have the macro firing at for this macro?

70-100 is what im running at

Does that mean you are now using 3,1,1,1,1,1,2 as the talent build instead of the one listed on the macro when you import it?

TBH its either or, as i tend to swap between the 2… sorry if its a non answer

Was using sub, decided to switch to outlaw as it’s more fun, I’ve been running the talents 2,1,2,2,1,2,2 as subcreation thats the top talent uses. (All Bosses - Outlaw Rogue - Castle Nathria - Subcreation)…Would this affect your macro much? Should I change some stuff around?

what you have done there is what pisses me off the most with this community dont take this personally as you are not the only one just the lucky 1millionth customer :stuck_out_tongue:

short answer yes its fine chose whatever talents you want most of the drastic changes should be skipped if they are abilities not passives

Long answer again not aimed at you but put here in the hopes that others read this and think twice about doing the same, so essentially you are being recorded for training purposes.

First I’m and most macro creators not just me well aware of what the 1% considers the hotness right now as far as Talent setups go. Im well aware of what Icey veins, wowhead, and therory crafters decide the masses should play.

what absolutely NONE take into account is rotation macros when they calculate this, why should they
These guides are always the starting point when making a macro. and only change when a better option improves performance. this occurs for a variety of reasons. resource management, some abilities actually perform better when macroed then used as normal, macro limitations imposed by Blizzard are to name a few.
I set talents for a spec often for a specific reason i’m not stopping a user to change so they can sleep at night just performance may take a hit.

lets look at some examples:
Vigor Vs Deeper Strat, this is a choice made for macro flow. as early on in a characters development resources are what screw a macros flow. as you get better gear and can see you have energy to spare its often a no brainer to swap the talent out most do. but for average to fresh toon vigor nets better results because it keeps up a flow with less idle time. remember theroy-crafters don’t factor in a constant uncontrollable button imput rate that a macro does

Covenant choice. Thank god the rogue covenant choice numbers is so dam close it does not matter what you chose as the dif are less than a % but same issues above with talents. in a macro environment, Kyrian, Venthyr are the worst pick for macro users unless you manually apply finishers yourself. as you have no control to make use of the abilities. unlike Necrolord which is fire and forget thus easy to macro.

Speaking of Ventyr, here is an example of something even if it was what all the cool kids say you must have. to use in a macro is nigh impossible because of how Flagellation functions and the limitations of what i can actually do macro wise. so taking another covenant will perform better than taking venthyr just because its the meta right now

i know i touched on covenants but talents its the same. we start with what’s hot and divert from it when a different option yields better results in a macro environment. what would be nice to avoid to tell macro creators what they should be doing without considering they they make changes for reasons and more often than not actually know what they are doing

3 Likes