Macro Builder - Including Country Languages

It would be a BIG improvement if we had a macro builder here, following this: you choose your class/spec then the skills/talents for that spec are loaded and you can use them to construct a macro that have a unique ID and could be shared amongst users. It would be great if that you have a language selector for your game region (like me, a Brazilian player that need to change all skills listed in users macros from here to portuguese to make them work).
I think that isn’t that hard to make this become a reality, as you can easily use WowHead’s API to gather all of this stuff.

/cheers

Hello sir, that would be a really great thing if it would actually happen, but I do not see the point on someone taking the time to do that (if it’s even possible to do) because the macros are here, just copy/paste and viola!!!. I do understand your “language” issue, but your english it’s great, so why not change your game client to english and you don’t have to worry about translating from english to your language. My main language isn’t english either, but my game client is in the dafault language so I do not have any problems. Not flaming your post btw, just telling you what I do to work with what these awesome folks post here.

Sup Nelson! Thanks for your contribution.
Well, I’m thinking not just on me, but on the hundreds of people that doesn’t speak English (like my little daughter) and love the game and want to have a full experience with all the story full covered, plus the funny things focused on their language and culture. I love to speak English and played the game in English until Cataclysm (when they launched the Portuguese Brazilian version of the client). When I finally switched to Portuguese on MoP it was a BIG surprise to me, since the jokes, quests and funny things were based on common and well known things of Brazil.
Don’t get me wrong, my claims are just about new functionalities. I agree that isn’t that hard to go on wowhead and get the skills name translated, but it would be VERY easy to do it directly here.
/cheers

hey there guys. I can somewhat understand your thoughts on this matter although i don’t speak any language other than english, but, I have ran into other players in game from gallywix(?) server that doesn’t speak any english or very poor english. There used to be a player that posted translations for other languages (german i think) for macros that others have posted in here. I’m not sure Luis has a translator program in mind for this site, but, if anyone out there would like to take macros that work and translate them and repost them for non-english speaking viewers that would be great or perhaps make a whole new forum for such a purpose, I think that would be great. just my two cents. I know the mods and Luis are out there, but, I know they are focusing on rl atm :smiley:

Hello guys, yea I had this in mind a long time ago. I remember when I had some tabs as placeholders on each post so whenever I had the time to translate it I would. But it was very time consuming (I wowheaded every single ability to translate them lol).

I was working with the MacroToolkit author on a plugin for the site and his MacroBox, but again macros change so much or not always optimized as people want that I would have to update it every few hours to keep up with the changes.

The plugin at the same time it would import it with translations to the language of the client, but I would have to download every single client to test it and copy and paste it on the site. Mostly I wanted many cool features, but I am a designer and a bit of a developer, but the lack of knowledge in some programming languages sets me back from doing what I want and don’t have the money to pay to build these kind of things.

I would love a web based application of MacroToolkit editor with the pretty syntax but would have to bug him and see if is doable. There is a few similar macro builder sites but are very outdated. I might just pick a few macros that people say they work really well and download a different client language to see if it works.

All hail the almighty High Warlord of Wow Lazy Macros! :smiley:

As a PHP developer (a bit outdated, I confess), all I can say is that taking a look on WOWHead API (http://www.wowhead.com/tooltips) I realized that is pretty easy (on theory) to produce an efficient way to translate all the skills inline. I have everything on my mind to produce a prototype on my website that can be used as a model. I am thinking on that since I posted this thread but haven’t got the time to try coding something. I’ll try on May, 1st, which is a holiday here in Brazil.
You were saying that you could download the client with a new language to see if the macros posted here works? I’ll prevent you to do this job, cuz I use them on mine. They sure work, BUT I have to translate every single spells on those macros in order to make them work on my client. The commands/switches are the same and work even on English, despite the commands have translations for every different client too.
We can try to work this out together, if you want. That could be my simple contribution to WLM for all I have gotten from here this whole expansion :slight_smile:

Sounds great Jeider, I can mockup the interface for it if needed. I can style it once the backend is ready also, I deal with HTML and CSS everyday. I can plug-in PHP and JS, but most of the time I understand half of the code lol.

I appreciate the help and maybe we should ask @Deepac if is ok to build this based on his addon. Not necessarily have to copy identically to his addon but similar to how it works. Maybe he even wants to contribute who knows.

I have absolutely no problem with anyone associated with this site using my addon as the basis of a web based tool, so long as I am accredited with the original design and there is a link somewhere to both my addon and this site.

I got around the language issues in MacroBox by storing my macros in an encoded format. When the addon runs on a non-English machine, it decodes the macro and uses the local client’s variables to get any localised equivalent of the / commands. It then uses the spell id to request the localised spellname from the client. You’d need to employ a similar tactic to get the names from wowhead - not sure how you’d handle the / commands though, as not all languages use the same commands.

If you want to use any of the code in Macro Toolkit, most of it should easily translate into PHP I think.

[quote quote=12926]I got around the language issues in MacroBox by storing my macros in an encoded format. When the addon runs on a non-English machine, it decodes the macro and uses the local client’s variables to get any localised equivalent of the / commands. It then uses the spell id to request the localised spell name from the client. You’d need to employ a similar tactic to get the names from wowhead – not sure how you’d handle the / commands though, as not all languages use the same commands.
[/quote]
It would be great if I could get the immediate translation of an spell and put it into a webpage, but I don’t think it’s possible, because the data from Wowhead just works as tooltips for links, but I’m wondering if they can be HTML markups cleaned and stored as variables do later use, I don’t know, but I’ll check that.
For now I’m thinking only on some kind of automated translation for macros and then working on a builder.
About / commands, at least in the Brazilian Portuguese client both English (/cast) or Brazilian Portuguese (/lançar) commands works identically. Most of times the English version are shorter than the equivalent in our language, so I don’t think that there’s a reason to translate them.
Despite of all, I HAVE to THANK YOU Deepac for these great tools that I use since it’s early versions. :slight_smile:

Howdy guys. Got the translation thing to work. Plus I added WOWHead tooltips on translated macro so the user can check if the spells are the correct ones. Gathering the names of the spells and respective id’s where the worst part, but it’s the fast part now. Check it and tell me what you think.

Here’s the prototype with hunter spells translation working for Portuguese Brazilian and Spanish: http://www.dammtools.com/wowmacros/

That is neat Jeider. I will take a look at the code when I get a chance to see how you did it even though I don’t understand much javascript but I like to learn and figure out how people achieve stuff.

I really like it, nice job. I wonder if there is a way to inject that into any page with code or pre tags and display buttons at the bottom to translate it. That way, whatever people posts and is displayed as a macro on the forums can be translated to any language.

[quote quote=12971]I wonder if there is a way to inject that into any page with code or pre tags and display buttons at the bottom to translate it. That way, whatever people posts and is displayed as a macro on the forums can be translated to any language.
[/quote]
Holy crap man, are you reading minds? Hahaha. That’s exactly what I’m thinking.
Ok, to start off I can say that it’s very possible to put that into a website. It currently have basically a file a form with the original macro, another file with the translation system that consists in a small php function that evaluate and substitute any pre defined words to whatever you like and finally another file for each class/language pair (to avoid unnecessary server load) containing the strings that you want to search and it’s current substitute. The only Javascript code used is the WOWHead one that produce those tooltips, which is ridiculously small and it’s inserted on the <head> tag.
To implement that button to translate macros inline it would be nice doing it using SPRY or JSON, but I never used them. I’m gonna make some research.
From this point on, I tink we should use some kind of chat communication, like Google talk, since otherwise this is going to be a large discussion here, haha. Find me on mrdamm at gmail.com

Sup folks!

I got back into this just to let you know that the hunter macro translation is ready from English to all Wowhead languages (Brazilian Portuguese, Spanish, German, French, Italian and Russian). Since this website has it’s own addon now and the macros need to be translated to every language, this should be very useful for the WLM.

I’m going to work on the other classes as well now, since I developed a method to fast fetch the data from Wowhead, but it still takes time.

At the moment, I would like any feedback from you.

Following you have some more detailed info. about the translator:
- Translates to all the 6 non-English languages from WowHead;

• About the spells, it contains all the abilities, talents, specializations, pets and racial traits for each class (for now, just hunters);
  • Generates macros with localized tooltips for you to check if each spell are correct.

TO-DO:

• Better interface, maybe with a copy button on translated macro;
  • Other classes translation.

P.S.: italian translation isn’t working ATM, even I had done all the translations. It’s a WowHead bug, not the translator itself or incomplete translation. I’ve reported the bug to WowHead. Let’s hope they fix it.

Update:

• Translations for Shamans complete.

Pretty nice work Jeider, I wonder if it can be also translated from English to spell ID. Because then Macrobox can read the spell ID and turn it into any language in game I believe.

Luis, it can be. BUT taking some spells like “Spiritual Insight” from Shamans, that do different things based on the current shaman spec, can’t be correctly identified by the translator. That’s why I used just one of them, just to translate the sentence, not to identify the correct spell based on spec. Anyways, I have all the spells cataloged by now, maybe for later use, like that.

you can maybe make all classes , I find the tool just awesome something I’ve wanted for a long time ( Villain, pala , Death Knight etc

I like the idea of a “macro builder” :slight_smile: Sure, with all the translations, it would be way to mutch work! But what if the builder just use english ? I mean, translate with wowhead can everybody do by his/her own…i do and you see my english ^^

Just to let you know, the new address is http://www.dammtools.com.br/wowmacros/

As I restarted playing WoW I’ll update this as soon as I can for the other classes.

I have huge issues with gnome macros becouse my ui is in spanish. Even using GS sequence translator i can´t make squences work.

Please i would be glad if you could help me to solve this problem