Marksman 5.4.2 (Single Target)

Hey guys, I have been tinkering with this macro for a while and I think I have finally perfected it.

INFO: 523 iLvl
Build: Haste>Crit>Mastery
Talents: 3,3,3,3,2,1
DPS: 110-120k
Pet: Cat

Single target:

/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/cast Aimed Shot!
/castsequence reset=target Serpent Sting,null
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,Glaive Toss
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,Chimera Shot
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,Kill Shot
/castsequence  Steady Shot,Steady Shot,Arcane Shot,Steady Shot
/run UIErrorsFrame:Clear()

Any problems, let me know, any suggestions, also let me know, enjoy! :smiley:

you have dps loss cause no moc in there
also your aimed shot will not have the chance to proc often,
nor you take advantage the thrill of the hunt talent.
try it this way

/targetenemy [noharm]
/petattack
/cast Aimed Shot!
/castsequence reset=target/alt Serpent Sting,null
/castsequence reset=0.5 0,1,2,Chimera Shot
/castsequence reset=0.5 0,1,2,Kill Shot
/castsequence reset=0.5 0,1,Glaive Toss
/castsequence reset=0.5 0,A Murder of Crows
/castsequence reset=target Steady Shot,Steady Shot,Steady Shot,Arcane Shot,Arcane Shot
/cast Rapid Fire

Well if I just add MOC (which I know is a DPS loss, but because this is ‘lazy’ macros, the less CDs the better, right?) My macro does 125k now, whereas yours does 115k. Thrill of the hunt is simply because I’m lazy, less CDs the better. It works wonders with AOE though.

With MOC:

/cast Aimed Shot!
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,Glaive Toss
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,Chimera Shot
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,A Murder Of Crows

[quote quote=11822]Hey guys, I have been tinkering with this macro for a while and I think I have finally perfected it.

INFO: 523 iLvl<br>
Build: Haste>Crit>Mastery<br>
Talents: 3,3,3,3,2,1<br>
DPS: 110-120k<br>
Pet: Cat

Single target:

/cast Aimed Shot!
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,Glaive Toss
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,Chimera Shot

Any problems, let me know, any suggestions, also let me know, enjoy! :D

[/quote]

130k dps sustained @ilvl527. Experienced DPS loss with MoC. DPS improved with addition of a second Arcane Shot immediately following the first in final castsequence. 50-60% uptime of Steady Focus, 70-80% uptime for TotH (lower with second arcane shot). For comparison I sustain 140k with survival.

If the macro could increase Steady Focus uptime (without focus capping) and decrease TotH significant gains could be had.

Overall excellent macro.

128k sustained @ilvl525, My DPS increases with MOC :P. I had a 85% uptime on steady focus and 83% on ToTH. With the extra arcane shot I could see the focus was around 50-60%. In survival I get around 12-130k. Perhaps it is because we are geared differently. Macro with extra arcane shot

/cast Aimed Shot!
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,Glaive Toss
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,Chimera Shot
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,A Murder Of Crows
/castsequence  Steady Shot,Steady Shot,Arcane Shot,Arcane Shot,Steady Shot

Interesting results with similar ilvl. I am currently setup for survival which has, as you mentioned, a different priority. I’m also interested in testing dire beast and aimed shot at some point. Thanks for the starting point.

Just out of curiosity where are you testing your macro? If dummies, which dummy?

The boss dummy of course, in the hunter area in org. As I said, single target :slight_smile:

Ahh, that’s why the numbers don’t sound right then. Careful Aim and Piercing Shots are artificially inflating DPS. Tricky to test due to that. There is a dummy in SW that will go down to 50% so you’re out of Careful Aim phase and not in Kill Shot range, don’t know where one like that would be on your side. Granted you lose crit suppression but 3% crit is a smaller margin of error than the combination of the aforementioned talents.

If it helps, I do 140k-150k on raid bosses, with all raid buffs.

Hey… I am trying this macro but I have a problem with it.
I have macro toolkit installed and using extended with it but the
“/cast aimed shot !” won’t work?

When I put it in instead of it going purple for spells it goes white.
So I thought do I need the “!” in it. Take that away and it only uses aimed shot and nothing else.

How do I get this macro to work with the “!” ??

/cast aimed shot! works even though its white. It doesn’t recognise it as a spell until it procs. Leave the macro as it is, and it will work :slight_smile:

oh, cause it don’t show casting tho.

That’s because it’s instant and free, no casting involved :slight_smile:

Hi, i have been trying to get this macro to work. at the moment i’m barely hitting 40k and was wondering if i am doing something wrong or have the wrong setup.
my toon: MM, 3,2,2,3,1,1
ilvl 501
Latency: 29(home)/31(world)

i am hit capped and expertise soft capped. 15.36% haste 17.70% crit 36.80% mastery

any input would be great on getting this to work. Many thanks :slight_smile:

My talents are; 3,3,3,3,2,1

This macro makes use of TOTH to make sure your energy is never below 50. The macro will also benefit from this build; Agi > Hit=Exp > Haste > Crit > Mastery

Other than that, I’m not really sure why your DPS is so low.

I noticed the instant cast Aimed Shot! wasn’t working in the macro as I didn’t see it anywhere on my damage meter so I changed /cast Aimed Shot! to /cast [@target] Aimed Shot! and it now works.

Just a thought about not being able to see the Aimed Shot. You can try using an addon like Recount/Skada. After you start attacking click on your name in the damage meter and it will detail the (count, damage and % of damage) of everything you put out. This way you will be able to see if the shot is actually happening in your rotation or not. Good Luck.