MM BfA 8.1.5 - ST and AOE with Theorycrafting [UPDATED: 05/03/2019]

• Changelog [05/03/2019]:
    • ST: Calling the Shots talent and huge changes in rotation, reflecting 8.1.5 recent changes and fixes. These changes reflected in 25~28% increased dps from previous version;
    • AOE: no changes yet from previous version.

Hello guys.

Theorycraft are very close in results on some talents in 8.1.5, so I decided to use the following talent choices, based on dummy testings: 11X3X31 and using no pets to trigger Lone Wolf for a 10% dmg bonus. Despite that, you can use your pets as you wish.

– Explaining the talent choices:

• Since 8.1 Master Marksman should be used as default choice in all scenarios, since it benefits both ST and AOE;
  • Careful Aim remains as star on this talent row, because it still turns Aimed Shot a lethal ability for enemies above 80% health or below 20%, working nicely for ST bonus dmg or for the AOE cleave because of Trick Shots. Explosive Shot is now easy to control in the macro environment since you don’t need to press it again to explode, but it’s purely for some heavy AOE situations. So I kept using Careful Aim because it’s 50% sustained bonus damage for 40% fight length;
  • Theorycraft says that Hunter’s Mark should be the default choice in almost every situation. Streamline was nerfed in 10% of it’s effect since 8.1, but it’s still viable, specially with high haste numbers, but it’s not pair for Hunter’s Mark;
  • Double Tap is the default choice in this talent row as it benefits both ST and AOE. Barrage is strong for AOE only, but unless you’re fighting against heavy packs of mobs most of the time it doesn’t worth it, because there’s a HUGE dps loss using it on ST, plus controlling it’s direction isn’t for amateurs;
  • Calling the Shots is the only viable choice here, since the other two choices are not recommended.

Here are the Macros…

—SINGLE TARGET—

dG09kaWjLk1Sik3IiLDjLOFPIHjfogeldfpJsMMs5AkY2ujFdLACkQZrPADqQUNusgirIdsK0cvQQhse0ejs1fvQsBKsPgjreNuPIvseOxcs5MGKDc0pjI0qrjDuIqwkLsEkutvL6QsjvTvPeEliUlG2lYFjc1GfDyQwmLIhtyYaCzjBgL4ZevJwbNguRwPs61qkZwj3gs2TQ(nfdxk1XjIA5s1Zr10jDDfA7Gu9DLQy8sjLoVu06jcy)ctBkP4qtjvE4sLycHUjqecJVLyOGIazOBclj1Q9c(rJWdQ2MJ(5ShZEwUeOjkx0n8wkmOoSy6JO4h10gwCqHsA2WIlnUkn)bin3ue(2x1RCcJGWyXyHqyPoQdMoHLqNZDaMUuKOXATBaMEbtyO8F0x78A1HE9kS5P9jSKuR2ewArEBRw)EXsIKEhjmpsFunOCfw4RvZizbUxaICpW6qK6qfjkx0nTmYDyjYMMXixWOvrQMih5vKWAKO8F0xRMYICxh5AKYnrQMiv3MirI0Far2lugOxr6RvK6qf5c(lEK7zO6vKWAKW8i9hqKCh6vK6qfjkx0nTmKGslYBBTdi027nosDW1ibyk(VBnYbh6vKTDohg6vKflSucLhP3RizbUxaI0hvdkxHf(A1SLrUdlr20mg5cgTks1e5iVIewJeL)J(A1uwK76ixJuUjs1eP62ejsK(diYXxHfOfP2HF0kLhjsK(disMifdLanBmT2IhPRrQdvKOGbayvNoS8bnsomGksdlrQdvKCrVQVLegkx0nTO6CyZZPBceHUjqecFeoxJeYBed()1c(LdmsM55lelcKHWhHZ1iH8gXG)FTGF5YuFvVI(1XcyKmxn2AWqGwe(iCUgjK3ig8)Rf8lhyKi23S2iWncFeox5LKhRxurc5nIb))Ab)YbgzV4L2kHbLnUgzKiZtwtZYIezEYAAwwKtxxBie4eHpcNRrc5nIb))Ab)YbgjZe7gBBe4fHpcNRrc5nIb))Ab)YLP(QEfDKJfWirSqMTVrGSj8r4CnsiVrm4)xl4xUm1x1ROFDyagjctdRRge4mHpcNRrc5nIb))Ab)YbgjI9nRnc0oHpcNR8sYJ1lQiH8gXG)FTGF5aJSx8sBLWGYgxJmsK5jRPzzrImpznnllYPRRnecF3HF0kfH2NWSA4kuUOBOBsjm0QMS2loNUjqecFAxQRQlqJazi8r9U8sRVq1msiVzW7Oacbq5aasGwe(WvVRUQUancCJWhHZvEj5X6fvKqEJyW)VwWVCzQVQxrF7ybmYEXlTvQ3Lx6ryqzJRrgjZeBM5nzr(JRfbor4JW5AKixZmSjWlcFeoxJeHnZKfbYMWhHZ1i3SB)6IucF3HF0kLH2NWyTAB7XxOWMNWS2HnDyTjHzTxq5IUHUjqecFeoxJeYBed()1c(LdmsM55lelcKHWhHZ1iH8gXG)FTGF5YuFvVI(1XcyKmxn2AWqkHHw10w1QCEr3eicHpcNRrc5nIb))Ab)YbgjZ88fIfbYq4JW5AKqEJyW)VwWVCzQVQxr)6ybmsMRgBnyiLusjS0lw8XLsGieg3Ue7iDcKzAJWsvs3ReVpu0nHV9v9kNWwwmwmimew6fl(4sjqecJBxIDKobYmzryPoQdMoHLqNZDaMUuKOXATBaMEbtyOCr30IQZHnpNUjqe6Mari8r4Cnse7wtwniqgcFeoxJCYIPHDc0IWhHZ1iT2AWCrGBe(iCUgjI9j2Be4eHpcNRrcr9v9k6ihlGrA7Q7rkvTBKae4fHpcNR8sYJ1lQiH8gXG)FTGF5aJSx8sBLWGYgxJmsge2mnAilsMRnlzrYCTzrGSj8r4CLxsESErfjK3ig8)Rf8lhyK9IxARegu24AKrYCTzjlsRTgmxYIK5AZIWqRAARAvoVOBsjmwR22E8fkS5jmRDythwBsyOvnzTxCoDtGie(OExEP1xOAgjK3m4DuaHaOCaajqgcF4Q3vxvxGgbAr4t7sDvDbArcrkQ3LxQSbVJcibUr4JW5AKqEt7sL9gaLdayKZZwKsyw7fuUOBOBceHWhHZ1irSBnz1Gazi8r4Cnse7tS3iLWSA4kuUOBOBceHWhHZ1irSpXEJusjLWq5)OV251Qd96vyZt7tkHLQKUxjg3c6MW3(QELtylelelgecl9IfFCPeicHXTlXosNazMMiSuh1btNWsOZ5oatxks0yT2natVGjmuUOBAr15WMNt3eicDtGie(iCUgjZK9n7teidHpcNRrcr9v9k6SpmaJKzY(M9jc0IWhHZ1iHO(QEfD2hgGrUVbLnEKaQiTD1nO2LwZdB4e4gHpcNRrcr9v9k6SpmaJCFdkB8iBHzTlTofErGte(iCUgjK3GYaayKiZSz3yMaVi8r4CnsMj7BZ2jq2e(iCUYljpwVOIez(IHDdzrImZMDJzcdTQPTQv58IUjLWyTAB7XxOWMNWS2HnDyTjHHw1K1EX50nbIq4dx9U6Q6c0iqgcFAxQRQlqJaTi8r4CnsKRzg2e4gHpcNRrcLPdO6e4eHpcNRrYQ)chGtGxe(iCUgjK30UuzVbq5aag58SfbYMWhHZ1iHGYaaD(amlkWizpJqGZe(iCUgjeugaO7lvMuAV8MvhyKiZSVSptG2j8r4CnsiOmaqFj0(sMuAV8MvhyKiZSVMAqkHzTxq5IUHUjLWSA4kuUOBOBsjLucdL)J(ANxRo0RxHnpTpPKskrUsage Information

• TRUESHOT is automatically fired with the macro. If you like to use it manually, just go to tab 1 and remove all the lines where it is and save the macro.
  • TRINKETS that doesn’t have passive effects are fired automatically. If you like to use it manually, just go to tab 1 and untick trinkets 1 and 2 checkboxes at the middle/right side of the screen.

This macro contains 1 macro version. This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.4.04.

—AOE—

dq0BfaWjGkJsfcZcGBjOSlvL6xqAyq0XukltvEgrmnv01GW2KKVrLmoQuDobX6eKUhrYavHIdQQKwivkEOkKAIQkQlQQqBufknsGQoPGQxQQGBsKANuv)uvjgkqXrPsPwQQI8ujMkGUQkuzRQqvVLkCxQO9k6VQqYGrDyflwf8yctwv1LjTzIkFgiJMQCAHwTke9AIsZwj3wGDl1VHA4skhNOy5Q0ZbnDkxxPA7aL(orvNxs16Psj7h5ClbM(Bz5RF5JhL0sN(VeywaVUQTITSzXZSAWqrrLhl)ACR6bJ4IHFlWbOYHV7bqudxlkqdcc7GCtyqlSP)dBWAwaolTnyw22EsEsEzb86QwwcJyGF64(yb8FbiXriXZUHdglkM1QoXYfV6pXYhnpInpL4GrCXFtmqp9QGdsCJjUgo2gXgMy5NOr80)e7fnIJgXbtVpRvDIpIOCexhVt8kkRsSHj(htC0aq8rUdnIbHj2WeBZbI3iE6FIVAagSkXMNsS8E4Ls8k2kXY7PxL4OrCes80)edhWQeBEkXbJ4I)M4WBIN1IytHgK4Wjoy(vaehnWbjEiEHHqIXYr8FniX1UkegBqehnIdMEFwR6aigIjoCI)vr8x)j2WeVuJ4Or8bL4ytS5PehmIl(7S8zvUzFzP)wwKEex8XRxye3Wey6VLat)TSGkgObvz21wOe7OXcVPBDfBqoj(Qq1KsGdomgXe)q4Q6HeaXBHCk5m9FzbvmqJyhnw4nDRRydcGnlTTqRqL4K4xfYtKV0xswqfd0GQm7AluID0yH30TUIniNeFvOAsjWbhgJyI3c5uYjaIFiCv9qM(NzbvmqdQYSRTqj2rJfEt36k2GCs8vHQjLahCymIj(HWv1djaIFiCv9qcG4hcxipptFezbvmqdQYSRTqj2rJfEt36k2GCs8vHQjLahCymIj(HWv1djaIruvDUL(vzbvmqdQYSRTqj2rJfEt36k2GCs8vHQjLahCymIj(HWv1djaI3c5uYz67klOIbAe7OXcVPBDfBqaSzPTfAf6ZjXBpKsQqM(UNfuXanID0yH30TUIniNe)C39Qnjz5dA9pPlDGAcmTSa8gBzvBlDtwkMw7y3BHfXDwaZnIVrREwaEJTSQ9s3KfWGHM0J4ItGPLfWCvPhXfNat)TSGkgOrSJgl8MU1vSbbWML2wOvOsCs8Rc5jYxAz5dADWCvimbM(BzbTMAJzJq20)LfuBUGutBnOoXoAS3CdC64xNFNPVKSGcT5AJzJq20)mlOIbAqvMDTfkXoASWB6wxXgeaBwABHEIkXjXxfQMu2CbPgQahCymIFiC9C)eaX9(AL(iYcQyGgXBvU)CL(vzbvmqJ4nxpessFxzbvmqJ4ZqcPQkT0sllFD38W3SC0deo)47X4276cC)4RgZsPMkc)ZP)dXzwKE69zfEB6fSABrCNUjT0YeaUsage Information

• TRUESHOT is automatically fired with the macro. There’s no point to wait and hit it manually (if you like to do it, just go to tab 1 and remove the whole line where it is and save the macro. In all tests I made, it’s a loss of dps pressing it manually, so I decided to let it be in the macro.

This macro contains 1 macro version. This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.4.04.

For me it worked well at 100ms speed, with no focus starving and SOME full focus situations. These full focus situations that might happen from time to time is that Marksman Hunters Abilities makes it starve focus in no time, as well as being full focus very fast, depending on the abilities used. In a macro automated environment it’s really hard to control either situations, so you must optimize the maximum you can to control that having in mind that it’s an automated process and you can’t balance that all the time, so it’s preferable that you create something that sometimes keep your focus at max than starving it doing only auto attacks. Procs are going very fine to me with these macros on my testings, so please, test it and tell me your guesses and suggestions.

Ran both. 230 ilvl with 4pc t21, pyrdaz and zev ring.

Pulled 3.7k over a 5 min span for single target, (prototype decimator helps a lot)

AoE, averaged 5.1k over a 6 minute span. No proc for AMoC for AoE though.

Overall, pulling pretty good numbers, keep it up

Thank you for this. I have been using the old GnomeSequencer, but now that I have a new laptop and gaming desktop, I decided to go ahead and convert to the new GSE. Your macro is the first one I’ve used with it.

It is a slight improvement over the legacy macro I was using before, and I expect to refine it a bit as I usually do. I’ve already made one change and removed Trueshot out of the rotations. I prefer to activate that manually at opportune times rather than spam it on CD…it’s just a matter of personal preference.

I also appreciate your descriptions of the talents you chose and why. My initial choices were very similar, but I did change from Hunter’s Mark to Streamline because of the logic you described.

Anyway, good job. :slight_smile:

AMoC is out of the AOE rotation. All my assumptions on theorycrafting for this are based on what I read on important class sources, such as www.icy-veins.com. AMoC should be out on AOE rotations for a simple reason: it costs too much focus and it’s a core ST ability, which means it’s a waste of focus on every AOE scenario with 3+ targets.

You’re most welcome, let’s destroy together :slight_smile:

Some people tend to do that. It’s a valid behavior, specially for questing/leveling. I don’t see a reason to turn it off on raids though. If you wait, even seconds, for a good opportunity to use it, you WILL lose dmg numbers. Reading on the note I put about Soul of the Huntmaster ring, and the Calling the Shots ability, even for questing/leveling you should keep it. Anyways, you can create another version tab, remove it from the sequence and fix the version on Configuration tab for the designed purpose.

[quote quote=61176]…I did change from Hunter’s Mark to Streamline because of the logic you described.
Anyway, good job. ???[/quote]
It’s all about theorycrafting and try. Thanks for that.

Looks good. I’m glad to see that you’re looking at the theorycrafting that’s going on, and basing talent picks on that.

Tested this on the target dummies, and with my gear without trinkets I was seeing ~2.7k dps, compared with ~3.1k dps with a variety of BM macros. I was using Zevrim’s and Celerity for the leggos. My MM artifact is a good deal lower than my BM, so that is part of the difference as well. 220 for MM vs 247 for BM. I was also using the patched 2pc bonus for MM.

I’ll be watching this macro as the expac gets going, and if MM gets some buffs, and will certainly be testing again once I get comparable gear. The difference in relics isn’t helping the comparison.

@Karl Jacobs I’m using a very similar gear between my BM set and MM for testing this. The only downside is that I don’t have the best leggos for MM, but the results with this one is slightly better than what I’m having with BM macros (which I’m working in, since it’s my main and preferred spec). This isn’t specially bad, because we have to get used to the fact leggos/legion artifacts will be no more soon. BTW, I’m liking this macro because of successful procs I’m having with it, making the theorycraft doing well on it.

I’m trying to farm up a few relics to get the MM weapon closer to the BM one so I can compare again… :smiley:

So this is what I see…

dOdDcaGAPqTEPOEPuQERszBiLzQuvZgj3eu9lu13uQYovYEvTBk7hYFrQQFJyGsbgQcmyOgUc6GsLCuPGoMOoNsLfIuLLIu5XewoPEOuHNcSmu65enrPitLKMSiMUKpjsvxMQNPOUok2OurBvQuBwKkBxKIJlLywsPmnu5AKyysHCxfz0k0NbLtkL04ejNgKZlv51Iu62svDyHF(QFLpaOsF4W)I9QhOguUvYdMZSSSz2dAYtxWqvFLpam0fT20xSkCh0ftns0h0riLrcr3GgY4uPpHODOdGhcnPBxlHiM8QFLV6x5d4fHSq4nJigdZCkid2ecN3XnZ9f7b8Iqwi8MreJHzofKbBcHZZ5u74(A(aErileMvzVgXX9f3b8IqwsVfg3eocVzeXyyMtbzWMqyfA04YTHW5ukZkP(s5aErilP3cJBchH3mIymmZPGmytiCoLYSsQ2qyfA04YFr7aErileEZiIXWmNcYGnHW5DZkS0(AVd4fHSq4nJigdZCkid2ecN3XnZDq7Ep6CkpK(vFDq7EVbAxkV6x5d4RqdZl38(9q4nJmg6(tBjEKm9f7b8Yk0vuvis7RdaLpStgtuqe7GbAiIgQ6DWaTdpeAYv)kFapJ0ry6ySaHtCeURHAO(eD03TIGWDs0nosceoq49zA(l2d4zKoc3bXeUv6iHOr4ehH7gIYBoqy68ijgwrc51bdiYcEi0KR(61RdGhgtq1QvUonUvqe7071RF

Is this correct? If not, what do I need to do to fix this?
I was using GSE just last patch…

After playing with this more and more, I love the AoE. I used to main MM, but switched to BM prepatch to try and keep up with my BM dps, but this is for sure the best one out there for me now.

Good work and I’d love to test anything else you conjure up in the near future

[quote quote=61573]So this is what I see…
dOdDcaGAPqTEPOEPuQERszBiLzQuvZgj3e…
Is this correct? If not, what do I need to do to fix this? I was using GSE just last patch…[/quote]
This is correct. It’s the new export pattern for the new version, that you can download from HERE. Then just copy and import it.

[quote quote=61620]

So this is what I see… dOdDcaGAPqTEPOEPuQERszBiLzQuvZgj3e… Is this correct? If not, what do I need to do to fix this? I was using GSE just last patch…

This is correct. It’s the new export pattern for the new version, that you can download from HERE. Then just copy and import it.[/quote]

You are the best. Thank you for this. I was very confused lol.

Hi i have an little questen??

Can you translate this:

/use Runa de Aprimoramento Forjada a Luz
/use Concentrador de Vileza Readaptado

It was writen in premacro field

:wink:

[quote quote=62108]Hi i have an little questen??
Can you translate this:
/use Runa de Aprimoramento Forjada a Luz /use Concentrador de Vileza Readaptado
It was writen in premacro field
???[/quote]
Ooops! So sorry! As I’m Brazilian, I forgot to change it to English thinking that it would be translated with the spells. BTW, here goes:

/use Lightforged Augment Rune
/use Repurposed Fel Focuser

np but i had to ask

How fast are you firing this?

It’s wonderful, thank you.

Trueshot does not go off on the ST one, at least not for me…

As stated in the first post, I run this at 100ms. Running faster than this, you can skip some abilities and procs. The same for running it slower than that.

[quote quote=62297]It’s wonderful, thank you.
Trueshot does not go off on the ST one, at least not for me…[/quote]
Same as above. Try running this at 100ms. Plus Trueshot can’t be put on top of priority list, because it gives you an instant Aimed Shot charge, which will be wasted if it fires right away on macro press. So you either remove it from the sequence and use it manually according your needs (and probably will lose dps) or just wait til it fires (and it WILL fire) at some close point, giving you that charge and hastening your attacks.

SUp guys,

Tried different ways to remove trueshot from the sequence… broke the macro everytime…… Can some1 help?

Thx

[quote quote=63035]SUp guys,
Tried different ways to remove trueshot from the sequence… broke the macro everytime…… Can some1 help?
Thx[/quote]
Well, it should work without any problems. Can you be more specific on which problems are you facing?