Moon's Affilciation Lock of Doom -- MORE DOTS! (M+ ONLY)

Hello Everyone

This is my Look of Doom Macro for Aff Locks. I’ve spent a lot of time on this to perfect it. Below is a link to my Medium post, where I break down everything, from the talents, to the spells, and the why. I won’t post on Pateron, or require Pateron, I instead say Buy me a Coffee :slight_smile:

v1 - DF Update
v2 - A massive update was released, which addressed the Vile Taint issue on ALT with no channeling code and also added Summon Soulkeeper.
v3 - The macro was updated for version 10.0.5 of the game.
v3.1 - The macro was updated for version 10.0.7, which involved removing Absolute Corruption and adding Siphon Life instead. The reason behind this change was that Siphon Life now works more effectively with Malefic Rapture.

WriteUp: Lock of Doom — Affliction Rotation Macro | by Moonsorrow - WoW, Tech, AI | Apr, 2023 | Medium

Talents: BkQAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAikEJJQaKEplkESJAAAAg0AAAAAAAERjkEJSSiWSSAAJ

GSE Code

dKushaWjcf1OiuPtrOuVIqjZIIClI2Lkj)sQyyc6yuyzIYZeIPrs11qLSnurFdvyCKeNdvQ1jq5Eek0)eihKelKIYdfstuk6IQeBuQKpkq1ibbNKqSscPxssAMsL6MKu2je)uk0qbrhvkWsLc6PknvcUQkP2ki0xjuXBbj3fKAVi)LqvdwvhgLfluEmKMSk6Yk2mO8zHQrlvDAs9AbmBu1TvHDd8BOgUO64ekYYf55uA6sUoOA7ek47uuDEvQ5lL2pvtgKaHyqRAn2iI4v6QlXVcesgjqRaJFaLL2GmfKPGmfKPGmfKPGOvbE1Jt0EniaaBoWFf4vporBW3lqCswngqirmc5K2lay4e6efFKZkwmnVUUjZOTBMTUo)KvZjTzHzrcvpmZimufUuNwXzybuGNywsGkAvJHMWwsGqmibAHilPzX4hljqRQZnKPXAjbcXG2oflfFQbmh3(dfa3ZshMa4ZHDcnuNd7eAcjJ2oOmB5puh4ZGz71WkO9FN50Fmm)JItj45LgdiKi02bLzl)H6aFgmgFzYFagTNbadVgehA)BMyAG)DRHnurfTkOLgdSKaHyqceIbjqig06TERQZnKPXA9wVLqYOTdkZw2rmbFaOJ)qbWO9may41G4q7V)(Ng7uIru8rmw5V)rm4mKBUn5p3QeAYFdoYm5pNrmc50K)CQcN0kCNp0QGwAmGkcjJeiedA9wVv15gY0yTER3siz02bLzl)HcGr7zaWWRbXH2)izQZveoPv4oFOvbT0yav02WjFyfHKrRWD(qB3yCoTn1wwm(5KIr7wtExWbOLgdOfYKgN01nvesgjqig06TERQZnKPXA9wVLqYOTdkZw(dfaJ2ZaGHxdIdT)ruHtU5MdAfUZhAvqlngqfHeHeiedA9wVv15gY0yTER3siz02bLzl)HcGr7zaWWRbXH2)SqUm4GBAfUZhAvqlngqfHOojqig06TERQZnKPXA9wVLqYOTdkZw(dfaJ2ZaGHxdIdT)QRIHkg0kCNp0QGwAmGkcHlsGqmO1B9wvNBitJ16TElHKrBhuMT8hkagTNbadVgehA)Zc5YqLqAfUZhAvqlngqfv0kcigCnFbrwsZIXpwsG2O4JySImJwHKgeykdYmAfsAqGPYiZOIkQODZhurAsiCtRqJrjeUdZc5Gw1MI1KvmsGwim858AqaA7Rk3gSoDoWyGfNsyZV6yo1WpUcfF0HhJgqIHjpX4djdgmEnAPXazcxSsJbYdgAcl5ienJJtJyOW4agTcm(buwAnlqduIvqUzCjAdSHqewd2Mh9hIvEefiepWfrJksxrfbz3LPOOOOeqrrrrrrjkB3l9bcC9LOkk0cHHpNw1WyGfNsyZfZw)vGbJxJYkng4Ftix)L(3mXIJbW41X7l)VCQlng4IkLsPukLsPukLsPukLsPukLsPukLsPukLsPukLsPukLsPukLsPlAdHd8x6VryO)hw)fxiWsNMZsJ)xoGZZkng4pVoW4Vo61xm5)Edy52rSn5FgxH(Fy9xCxmSYCwA8)YbCEwPXa)51bg)vGGQITlQlQaJFaL1FnaLh(5CEL)c9AR)AR)ya)T)f2)yJ)WTZP)AG)QDx9AuXYK)aC5FH9p24pC7C6V56Q3)gQistrqc(v(l0pPXFwA83o5tIvJ)fJFaL1)QNv(NNWh4A8)aNg)TAqC(X)ILIpL)WWj)REwDL)UOUOBVgw5V0)DMt)XW8pkoLGNxAmWfvHV8x6FZetd8VBnSHwf4vporRAymWItjS50g89ceNKvJbeseJiH0QgdaNXlcOMKyyaLgdiZOvOXOeIryyyih0IWogAvRXgreVsxDj(vG2MdmgC(IqmOTBMTUo)KvZjTzHzgHrcv3WqDo4sfAVaGHtOtu8roRyX0866MmJ2nFqfPjHKXjx0kodlGc8eZscurBuEM1kstcHBQOIkIaa
5 Likes

This macro works quite well - thanks for posting! Getting used to the key mods but so far I love it!

1 Like

in the macro variables in keyrelease is /cassequence reset=combat null,

Yes, that is fine, if you remove the macro variable it will spam in chat.

yeah i know right :wink:

@TimothyLuke Is it possible to have the macro variables section as an option, not a requirement? I ask because if you don’t put anything in there, it basically lets chat know you’re spamming a macro. I ask because there are certain specs that just don’t need that area, like Affliction Locks.

It is completely optional. If you don’t need a variable delete it. If chat is spamming - fix your actions by removing the reference.

3 Likes

Hi All

I am editing out this to make it better with Soulkeeper, which is now doing more DPS since Blizzard fixed it. I kept SoC on Shift and Vile Taint on ALT, but Vile Taint is now castable on the cursor.

what cov and legends?

I am Necro, and Bolt is in the macro. As for leggo, your going to want Wrath of Consumption

1 Like

no point in leggos now !

until they become obsolete im gonna use them as mush as possible

Why can’t I press shift or alt to use Seed of Corruption and Vile Taint?
nothing happens

Check your macro stubs, and reset them in the options if you have another keybinding or another addon using those keys, it can cause issues.

I tried all the methods, shift and alt, but still can’t activate the skill.
ps:shift and alt are not bound to other keys separately

I have found the reason, because my game language is not English, all skill names cannot be translated, I translated the skill into my language and it worked

1 Like

can you post the translations. im not to familiar with aff lock and just switched over

This macro is in English so what language you need it to be translated to?

I don’t know what your game language is, you need to enter /gs, and translate the skill name in white font to the skill name in your game language (it will appear in light blue font after success).

My warlock has already gotten better drops to replace any legendary I have been using. However, there seems to be some things in the talent trees that are using covenant skills of one sort or another…but I’ll have to research what those are and if I’m right, how effective they are.

However, I would like to point out that the Affliction Warlock streamer used by Wowhead is an amazing source of information for any of the warlock specs. His name is name is Kalamazi, and is a Warlock content creator focused mainly on PVE content.

One of our top Warlocks in our guild recommends Kalamazi as he tends to keep current on all changes no matter the spec one is using or wants to use.