Moon's and Bee's Feral Druid (End Game)

Hi @Dorrian

They are not meant for leveling, they are end-game macros you use both. If you are facing an AOE trash pack you use the AOE one, on a boss you use the single target one.

I don’t make macros for crafting or leveling. Only end game.

1 Like

Hi, can I just check, your single Target Boss Code… When I’m using it, I frequently see my dots disappear and start building up again.

My understanding was that we did manual finishers on this (Primar Wrath, Ferocious Bite, and Rip?) and it was a builder only.

Is that right or have I misread this?

I’m using it for Single Target Bosses in the raid.

The reason they are falling off is because of Circle of Life and Death talent. This talent is being changed in 10.0.5 so that way most DoTs do not fall off. If you don’t take that talent, you’ll see the DoTs still have time remaining.

Mine never was assumed to be builder only, that’s others, not mine. I have everything you need in mine.

I’m really sorry, I mean my combo points. I don’t see them go up to the full 5 points and they get used.

I also see Regrowth being cast often too.

Is that the expected output for Moon_Feral_ST? I thought this was a raid macro, so I wasn’t expecting to see myself doing any healing

The healing is there as I’m seeing healers just not healing. This is a Blizzard issue where healers are not healing but doing DPS. Since Kitty’s do a lot of damage and can pull off the tank (I have done this many times), the Regrowth is part of it.

If you want to remove it from the KeyRelease area and under every action block remove the KeyRelease portion and it will remove it.

As for combo points, wait until 10.0.5 there will be many more updates then. If you haven’t heard in 10.0.5 Druids get a lot of significant changes including talent trees. I don’t want to update the macro now and then have to re-do my work once the patch comes out. The patch is very soon, probably within the next 2-3 weeks.

Hi All

I made a post of the outlined changes in 10.0.5 - please see this post. PSA: Hold Off On Kitty Druids Macros until 10.0.5

I’m not changing the macro until the patch goes live, many big changes across the board.

Despite putting in four hours into optimizing the Druid macro tonight, the outcome was still unsatisfactory. Despite having talents that increase energy, the FB spell still consumes a significant amount, leading to an awkward and inefficient rotation. Additionally, the damage output is not up to par with what is expected. It seems like there are a lot of challenges to overcome in order to improve the overall performance of the spec.

1 Like

so what is the real verdict? are we stuck with being sub par dps? is the current macro updated for the new talents even tho its not super good?

What I found at the moment (having tried ALL the macros and even trying to change them), is that I get the best DPS with “Catlovers Feral” macro, where I drop my own finishers. I just swopped the one shred for brutal slash.

1 Like

I have tried multiple talent builds, and numerous spells. I can get good burst DPS if I use Convoke, efficiently doing 35-40k DPS (341 item level), but after that, it goes down to a pitiful 17k DPS.

The reasons for this based on my testing seem to rip damage appears to be incredibly underpowered, and Ferocious Bite does not critical strike as much as it did in the previous patch. Secondly, Apex Predator doesn’t go off as much as it should, meaning the Primal Wrath build that was very popular is no longer worth it. The damage over time from “Tear” does a good job, at doing about 9k per tick.

The issue is that Shread still uses up too much energy, and when you don’t have Berzerk or Tiger’s Fury active, it costs too much to cast more than twice.

As a suggestion, the main rotation should be this:

Rake, Rip, Shread, Shread, Shread, Ferocious Bite

The issue with the above rotation is that it’s horribly inefficient, applying Rake when it’s not snipping which then lowers DPS. Convoke the Spirits fixes this issue, by putting everything on the target, and giving you instant 100% energy. Sadly this is locked under a long cooldown.

The original rotation which was Shread, Shread, Rake, Ferocious Bite, Shread, Rip, and Shread in Dragonflight just sucks up too much energy. This does not include the usage of Adaptive Swarm or Brutal Slash.

This is the only build that has the energy restoration: BcGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAQEIRkkkkSKRUSSikEAAAAAAKAIJAAJJJhkIlEaJOAAAAAAAkAaAA

This is the only way this class works. But the DPS is lower because many of the good talents are reserved for M+ builds and where Primal Wrath and Extra Rake become useful.

In conclusion, it’s just not ready yet, there still needs to be something to work in ST.

It has changed a lot with the patch. What works for me is having this: “Rake, Shred, Thrash, Brutal Slash, Shred” and then I manually cast RIP. I will then cast ferocious bite the next time I get to 5 and keep doing that till I am in the window to refresh RIP. Also cast adaptive swarm on cooldown. I only use PW on 3+ targets.

Not sure if that helps at all. I maybe dont have the best selection of talents, but after a few hours of testing, this is what works best for me on single target and cleave situations. Changing it up for M+. Hope this helps a little.

BcGAPjJFohhWlFcNj9E1Av/dNBAAAAAAISaaSEJJJpodARJJJRSAAAAAAoBgkAgQSSSikk0SAOAAAAAAAkAAA

1 Like

Moon have you looked on Subcreation.com for talents that people use?

this is what comes up when someone clicks that link!

1 Like

It’s https://subcreation.net/

The issue with Thrash is energy, it’s the same as Shread at 40 energy. Swipe might be one to include from now on but requires a talent change to increase their damage profiles.

I think the general issue, similar to what they did for Aff Locks, is that you have an AOE side and a Single Target side, so you can’t please both worlds.

Bee’s rotation and talents are still overall the best, but the macro in 10.0.5 just won’t support that kind of energy. The issue with Kitty is pooling energy, Monks and Rogues don’t do this, and neither do Hunters but this “pooling” has been a thing since BC.

1 Like

True, the pooling is very important. Blu put out a new youtube video today, where he also goes over the talents again now and I must say I picked up a lot on why he takes what he takes. Works well. Would recommend. But as you say, converting what is the best talents into a viable macro, is just not that easy at the moment.

1 Like

How come you use Primal Wrath over Rip in single target rotation and also no Brutal Slash seems strange as well since it does more dmg per energy spent or am I missing something?

The concern is with the “Circle of Life and Death” talent. When Primal Wrath is utilized, Rip is shortened and further reduced by taking the “Circle of Life and Death” talent. Brutal Slash is better suited for multiple enemies rather than single-target situations. Rip typically deals more damage when it is applied with five combo points, but Primal Wrath cuts the duration of Rip by half, and “Circle of Life and Death” reduces it by an additional 20%.

Main damaging ability in single target is Ferocious Bite and having a longer duration Rip gives more room for biting. Using Primal Wrath in single target is a damage loss and looking at some higher rank ferals they never use it for single target encounters, same for raidbots. You want to have as high uptime on Rake and Rip as possible but at the same time use all energy for biting.

Brutal Slash is used in both single target and AoE scenarios by raidbots so it can’t be that bad even in single target.

I like the macro but I’m making changes for my own use.

For AoE I use Priority List 1 12 123 1234
Block 1.1
KeyPress
/castsequence [nochanneling] Thrash, Brutal Slash, Rake, Primal Wrath
KeyRelease
Block 1.2
KeyPress
/cast [nochanneling] Primal Wrath
KeyRelease

Still working on the single target version.