My Macro and Builds I Really Use *Updated* 04/21/2024

Original Post Updated, Hope you find it useful

ty for this now i can play unholy lol

1 Like

With only gse and your stuff loaded I am getting this:

Message: Usage: local result = C_Item.IsEquippableItem(itemInfo)
Time: Mon Apr 22 14:17:54 2024
Count: 2
Stack: Usage: local result = C_Item.IsEquippableItem(itemInfo)
[string “=[C]”]: in function IsEquippableItem' [string "@Interface/SharedXML/Chat/ChatFrame.lua"]:1048: in function <Interface/SharedXML/Chat/ChatFrame.lua:982> [string "@Interface/SharedXML/Chat/ChatFrame.lua"]:1275: in function ?’
[string “@Interface/SharedXML/Chat/ChatFrame.lua”]:5388: in function ChatEdit_ParseText' [string "@Interface/SharedXML/Chat/ChatFrame.lua"]:5065: in function ChatEdit_SendText’
[string “@Interface/SharedXML/Chat/ChatFrame.lua”]:3246: in function <Interface/SharedXML/Chat/ChatFrame.lua:3240>
[string “=[C]”]: in function RunMacroText' [string "@Interface/FrameXML/SecureTemplates.lua"]:468: in function handler’
[string “@Interface/FrameXML/SecureTemplates.lua”]:690: in function <Interface/FrameXML/SecureTemplates.lua:672>
[string “@Interface/FrameXML/SecureTemplates.lua”]:704: in function <Interface/FrameXML/SecureTemplates.lua:697>
[string “@Interface/FrameXML/SecureTemplates.lua”]:746: in function <Interface/FrameXML/SecureTemplates.lua:730>
[string “=[C]”]: ?

[string “@Interface/SharedXML/Chat/ChatFrame.lua”]:5065: in function ChatEdit_SendText' [string "@Interface/SharedXML/Chat/ChatFrame.lua"]:3246: in function <Interface/SharedXML/Chat/ChatFrame.lua:3240> [string "=[C]"]: in function UseAction’
[string “@Interface/FrameXML/SecureTemplates.lua”]:364: in function handler' [string "@Interface/FrameXML/SecureTemplates.lua"]:690: in function <Interface/FrameXML/SecureTemplates.lua:672> [string "@Interface/FrameXML/SecureTemplates.lua"]:704: in function <Interface/FrameXML/SecureTemplates.lua:697> [string "@Interface/FrameXML/SecureTemplates.lua"]:746: in function SecureActionButton_OnClick’
[string “@Interface/FrameXML/ActionButton.lua”]:100: in function TryUseActionButton' [string "@Interface/FrameXML/ActionButton.lua"]:135: in function ActionButtonDown’
[string “ACTIONBUTTON1”]:2: in function <[string “ACTIONBUTTON1”]:1>

Locals: (*temporary) = “Usage: local result = C_Item.IsEquippableItem(itemInfo)”

Um? Wow! All that is beyond my knowledge, but from the first line or so, i am guessing something about your trinket.

I am not going to lie, i am just a fat old pipe fitter i just put things together till it works like i would like them to, could be a UI issue as well, but again i point you towards my total ignorance of coding. Maybe give My Hero Crypts template a shot, or try Oak’s template, if mine does not work for your playstyle, please give others a shot until you find something that works for you.

Did you make both template/macros? it maybe searching for the cool down macro? Or maybe the rotation template/macro they both are needed to make the rotation work. Again, i am guessing, but i hate not having a answer that may suit your question.

Edit Okay, i just tested the template on one of my many DK’s I play, (I don’t play other toons) when i exported it, i was editing it on my wife’s account, so i just imported it to my personal account, it seems to be working as intended. Try deleting other macros from your library? make sure you have the Rotation as your clicker and then have the cool downs macro on some random key to see if they are cycling. Aside from my suggestion i really do not have a better answer.

After posting the above i started browsing updates and apparently someone else on another thread is having a similar issues maybe follow this guys thread?

if you use the build in the GSE for the rotation it does nto have summon gargoyle built in.

If you are only using the Rotation Macro you are doing it wrong.

You need to have both macros on your bar or the rotation macro on your bar and the other in your /m = Macro library for the macro/templates to do you justice.

But just in case i checked on the toon i exported from:
Both Templates have a summon pet command.

Depending on porting and such i have had issues with my pet deserting me, i normally just make it part of my check list:

Buff food? Check
1 Hour Potion? Check
any other minor buffs i can get? Check

Pet by my side ready to die? Check (Wait? What? Oh No!)
Summon Pet? Check
“ATTACK! RAID BOSS!!!”

Both Templates have pet summon

Rotation:
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/cast [nochanneling,combat,nopet] Raise Dead
/targetenemy [noharm]
/petattack [pet,harm]
/petassist [pet,harm]
/petpassive [noharm]
/startattack [nocombat]
/castsequence [nomod] reset=target Outbreak, null
/click [nomod] UPDATED_COOL_DOWNS

Cool Down Macro:

/cast [nochanneling,combat,nopet] Raise Dead

I like this one very much but noticed that Soul Reaper was in the macro but not talented? If you answered this already im sorry in advance lol

1 Like

Its probably in there just incase you want to take for Raiding, and Abomination Limb for AoE/Cleave situations i.e Mythic plus

1 Like

It is there in case you spec into using it.
With the recent and upcoming possible changes, there could be a use for having it.

1 Like

I like the flow of this! Can you make for other classes Hunter, lock?

1 Like

First off, your emblem immediately made me grin, being a Marine myself. I probably could if i truly devoted as much time to playing other classes and had a better understanding of what was needed.

I only play Death Knights, but, when the wife plays one of her many toons i normally will use the most viewed during the expansion and the ones that seem to have the better praised comment section.
Then i suggest she use whichever one that seems to work for her, if the wife complains then i try another.

She likes the press the button and ignore everything else type template.

That is a crappy answer i guess, but i dint want to not give you a response to a good question.

1 Like

SteelSeries needs to come out with that keyboard again. It was my favorite keyboard I have ever used.

Lasted for a decade of constant use before it was broken in an Army move to Korea.

1 Like

Yeah mine finally gave up the ghost about a month ago, i may have to purchase another off of EBAY, it’s ideal aside from being heavy as all get out heheh

I had the same issue but found it was because empowered rune weapon was in the CD macro but not talented. Removed it from the macro and that error string went away. hope this helps

The cool down template should not matter if the talent is chosen or not, the template is designed so if needed you could use pretty much any build, that is why soul reaper as well as other cool downs are included in the template, so you can make talent changes on the fly.
Edited due to sounding harsh

One thing that will effect a template, is if it is too fast on the Press Down/Up i recommend 150ms is my sweet spot. Also play styles and micro managing can cause issues, i have several 0h Crap! Templates i use.
I actually revised the master template to simplify as much as possible so you can just press and go. But in some cases you will have to micro manage.

I also suggest that if my macro does not meet your expectations. Use someone else’s template:
Some of the Best Templates are listed below. No particular order, i have used theirs and all the contributors work real well.

Crypt’s is Outstanding
Elf’s
john Mets
Oak’s

You could always Frankenstein a Template from those listed and create your own monster

Jeremiah_phelpe problem was due to:

I meant absolutely no disrespect from what I said. I too tried what they suggested in that LUA error thread and found what I had stated to be my personal problem. I have no issue with the macro now and enjoy it and def appreciate the work. Was just trying to be helpful with what worked in my personal case.

1 Like

My 424 DK with no tier set can pump about 40k :stuck_out_tongue: My friends 502 ilvl DK with 2-set can barely scratch 100k :stuck_out_tongue: We are stumbeled about the performance diffrence compared to ilvl diffrence :stuck_out_tongue: Simmed his char and it should manage 230k’ish so somethings are not adding up on his character beyond what we can figure out :stuck_out_tongue: I’ve looked over this macro set, and I gotta say I love how you’ve made it into 2 parts, yet only need to use the rotation one. I’m gonna try and gear my little furball up and get the tier pices, just to annoy my friend with my anclebiter of a furball doing more than him :3

1 Like

how you manage with the cooldowns?