Mythic+ Prot for Mythic+ - v.3.6 (UPDATED 02/15/23)

I use one of the F buttons so I can still chat while tanking

Just be aware that you risk getting banned while using Auto Hotkey.

2.2 is beautiful works great did a 18 with it lastnight

@Orbalisk what can i add for it to cast more shield slams? thats the only prob i see here. in single target

1 Like

I spent a few hours this morning working on this and squeezed a few percentage points better out. There are limitations to how things can fire and it’s already close to peak uptime on just about everything that I can muster. Please test out v 2.3-R and let me know how it works out for you – the updated cast timeline is in the OP now but I won’t have time to test it properly until this weekend.

The most important things to keep up is mitigation, so I always prioritize those items, then AOE, then single target. Shield Slam fires as soon as possible in most instances, unless a higher priority item is available that needs to come first. Normally it will fire on the next GCD, but other things can cause it to not fire immediately such as when it’s trying to cast Ignore Pain and Shield Block, or Thunder Clap.

1 Like

what are you using to test for long periods of time to see what your Shield Block uptime is ? I’ve been using your 2.3 version and can’t get Shield Block past the ~66% uptime on various training dummies and extended pack fights in dungeons … same talents as your import … firing at 100ms …

edit:

also the details pictures you show how much uptime you have seem kinda … inaccurate … for example the first one you only have (3) Applications of Shield Block in a 2:41 engagement ? for a 90%+ uptime on Shield Block that would require 18+ applications … considering each shield block lasts 8 seconds …

is your details different than mine ? what version you run ?

another edit:

I have no clue whats going on … I just made a warrior macro - tested on a dummy and this is my result:

3 minute fight should equal like ~ 18 applications of Shield Block

Hrmm … maybe its the combination of the talents :

• Devastator
  • Heavy Reprecussions
  • Enduring Defenses

That must be it … think I answered my own question …

I was just trying out 2.3, and it seems to rage cap, i will test it out more. Im just doing pulls in a +0 by myself to see what kind of results i get. I will update later today.

Main post edited with v. 2.4. I didn’t see any issues but I’m using target dummies in the PvP area to test.

1 Like

Please let me know how v. 2.4 is working. I tanked some really quick world bosses and some packs in Obsidian Sanctum, but won’t be able to dungeon test it until later today. Results will vary from dummy testing of course, but I suspect they’ll be pretty good.

Edit: The issue was on my end, needed to restart the game. Here is a updated version for uptime, ignore pain seems to be slightly lower, than the previous versions (i was using 2.2 with revenge), occasionally got capped on raged still.

I’m not sure what to tell you. I just did a pull in a dungeon to test:

orb link your char … i wanna see your gear/stats plz

Did a quick M0 pull to test:

and you firing this at what like 100-150 ?

I will try it out for a day, i did 3 different pulls, with slightly different results. This pull was 1m30s and ip/shield block were pretty good this time around, might just be the nature of macros. I may just add ip to my bars and hit when im about to overcap.
Damage is always good though

Unlike with normal programming sequences, these GSE macros will not usually fire in the exact intervals desired based on many different factors, which is why it becomes sort of an art to get them working well enough to be lazy macros.

100ms while pressed.

got it - beautiful macro - kudos !!!

masterful done - will be using exclusively - i personally can’t write prot warriors for shit

1 Like

Thank you sir! If you notice any issues please let me know. I’m always trying to improve my macros for PvE and PvP.

This might also be why i have some errors, im running 250ms atm (i run 110 on other macros)