New Sub macro?

WIth a good number of the top rogues in the world switching to Sub, I was wondering if there were new macros available? Thanks in advance for the time and effort put into creating and testing them.

I’d like to also ask about this. Being of unsound mind, I stress more than I should, and try to spare less time to things like getting the perfect rotation down and try more to have fun and still be able to compete in raid DPS. These macros have helped me lose some of the stress of pressing the right button, and focus more on mechanics and movement, and I appreciate this more than anything in WoW. However, Sub rogues seem to lack a good macro, and it could be because of the difficulty in creating it - I’m not sure. Anyone have a good macro that they use?

Sub should be easier to macro now since They no longer need to weave in Rupture because Hemo provides the debuff now when glyphed. I play a Rogue here and there and have a decent Assassin macro but will put together a Sub macro to help. I cannot say for certain it will be great for PVE, but should be functional for pvp. I will post as soon as a test a few ideas and have a reliable functioning macro.

I’d appreciate that. I’m a PvE’er, but if there’s a PvP macro I’m sure it would help out regardless. If I knew more about macros I’d try to help, although I do admit that I’ve been able to piece together a couple macros here and there, and edit macros on here to suit a particular need.

If someone is willing to test this that’d be great. Haven’t had a great chance to test it out so any input would be appreciated. I have rupture in there in case you aren’t glyphed with Glyph of Hemorrhaging Veins. If you are, then i think it would still work if you take it out of the macro. Hope it helps in some way

#showtooltip Hemorrhage
/cast [nostealth,nocombat]Stealth
/cast [stealth]Ambush
/castsequence reset=0 0,Hemorrhage
/castsequence reset=target Hemorrhage,slice and dice,Hemorrhage,Hemorrhage,Hemorrhage,rupture
/cast [combat]Evasion
/cast [combat]Shadow blades
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14

p.s. forgot to mention that i’m not a macro writer and this is one of my first few attempts of making one from scratch so be gentle with me if it sucks lol.

I’ll just go ahead and say that the above macro locked up for me, let me do a little more testing and give you a better idea where.

I liked it, did avg. tonight of 120k in flex 1, but should there be some evises and back stabs ?

and i do like it

thanks in advanced
oh yeah ilvl 521 at the time, now higher got loot :wink:

@micah not sure why it locked up on you, but, it ran just fine for me when i made it. Let me know what you came up with on your testing :smiley:

@Tim: this is pretty much a basic in your face macro. I haven’t had a chance to come up with one that has backstab and enviscerates. Plus this was one of my first attempts at making a macro :D. I pretty much do dailies and solo’ing on this toon so I really never saw a reason why to put backstab in there. Once i get some time an rl calms down (wife is due soon with our 3rd child so yeah it’s been hectic) i’ll see what i can come up with.

p.s. edit: currently working one up on notepad while on lunch break and not sure how well it’ll do. It does have backstab, and I’m attempting at putting evis at the end of the castsequence instead of rupture if you have Glyph of Hemorrhaging Veins if not, i’ll have to do a work around :P. If i was on my computer at home i’d be able to input redirect in it as well with a combat macro i’m working on that’s been working but i can’t remember atm where in the macro it has to go in order for it to work :smiley:

Thank you all for the time and effort being put into this. It’s actually for my wife’s character, which she loves to play, and puts up some very nice numbers with the combat macro from here, but she finally got a dagger from Norushen and would like to give Sub a try, since it seems to be putting up huge numbers lately.

Again, thank you so much for the work being done here. She tried your first one Ray, but can’t get close to her Combat numbers, not sure why but that’s how it is. I attempted the 5.3 macro, she put similar numbers to Combat up, but I believe she should be exceeding those.

[quote quote=10645]@micah not sure why it locked up on you, but, it ran just fine for me when i made it. Let me know what you came up with on your testing :D
[/quote]

Here’s what I came up with:

I’m a nub.

I don’t know why I thought this would work perfectly when I’m not all the way up to level 90. I’m missing a couple of those skills, and while usually most macros skip non-existant skills I’m willing to bet that whatever I’m doing is messing up the system. Don’t worry, I never assumed it was the fault of your work, which I greatly appreciate by the way :smiley:

@kieth i can understand your frustrations a bit on that. I’m more of an assassination rogue myself and haven’t touched sub spec since mid-late wrath so i’m trying to get up to speed myself. these were just basic “beginner” writer macros so they’re not optimal. I’m pretty sure someone will come along and improve on it or come up with something way better :smiley:

@Micah that would help lol :stuck_out_tongue: j/k I can relate. I started lvlng another arms warrior on dakrspear the other day instead of xfering my other warrior over there because if I don’t like the server i’d wasted some money so if things didnt work out i could just delete the lowbie. Anyways I was using Chris webbers all in one arms macro and was going crazy wondering why it wasn’t working. took me about 2 days to figure out that im on a lvl 25 warrior and not a 90 LOL

Well, as it turns out, I’m more of a noob than I thought. I was under the impression I was using yours, but I forgot to switch out my other macro for this one. The 5.3 macro only assumes you’re behind your enemy, which is never the case when you’re soloing.

As far as yours goes, it does alright. Let me see if I can tool around with it despite my very limited experience

Alright, I worked around with the 5.3 macro and followed up with some of Ray’s and came up with something that’s showing me a little more DPS, but it could be a fluke. I’ve been testing it for a while, and after some research into macros I’ve come up with this little bundle.

So here’s a little explanation into how to use this macro while soloing. It’s based off of my fighting style, which is that - whenever possible - one should always use stealth when possible. Press the macro to go into stealth, either have someone targeted or this will target it for you and press the macro at whatever distance, because what it will do is throw two combo points onto it from Premeditation. The subsequent hits will stun it, ambush it, and hopefully pop Eviscerate. If the enemy dies from the 5 point Evisc (likely, if you’re killing mobs at your level or slightly below) then grats, otherwise it will continue the rotation. If the Evisc does NOT pop, either pop it yourself or keep mashing which will Hemorrhage and then cast Slice and Dice using your five points, which isn’t bad either. Once the target is dead, pressing this macro should just quickly put you back into stealth! Someone test this and let me know if it works well for you, since this is pretty much the first macro I’ve ever put together x_x

#showtooltip
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/castsequence [stance:1/3]reset=target Premeditation,Cheap Shot,Ambush,Eviscerate
/castsequence [stance:0]reset=target Hemorrhage,Hemorrhage,Slice and Dice,Hemorrhage,Hemorrhage,Rupture,Hemorrhage,Hemorrhage,Eviscerate
/cast [combat]Shiv
/cast [combat]Evasion
/cast [combat]Shadow blades
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14

I tried for a while to make a decent rotation macro for sub, but it just does not play nice. I am not going to list it here since it was very suboptimal, < 80 % of what can be done manually with a rotation helper.

That said here a one that i use a bit for pvp, i put Eviz on a separate button.

/castsequence reset=0.3 1,1,Hemorrahage,null
/castsequence reset=0.3 1,backstab
/castsequence reset=20/target  slice and dice,null
/use [combat]10
/use [combat]14

It hemos, then backstabs then SnD,

Sub is a very hard spec to master, so getting a decent allin 1 is not going to be easy. They have unpredictable CP generation, Shadow Dance oool down with its own rotation, proper use of Shadow Blades and premed and vanish also to consider using on CD. You best bet is to get the meat into a macro and then use a few separate buttons to hit as the rotation evolves during the fight.

You are better off going Assassination or Combat if you want to stay competitive and use a macro as a rogue.

I don’t know about how my macro performs at other levels, but at level 57 I’m one of the top DPS in the instances with the right mechanics. I’ve got another macro set to replace 5 of the 6 Hemorrhages with Backstab. (“Q” for regular, Shift+Q for when I’m behind target.) All you have to do is make sure that you’re behind the target when you’re in stealth.

It’s not an all-in-one, but it sure is a good solo-leveling macro and a meat n’ potatoes for what I hope to be the later levels.

well I have a blend of SoO gear and Grievous pvp gear and I tried your macro Micah and have topped off at 145k dps avgd around 90k and dipped to around 70k before cd’s and proc’s hit and rose back up. Haven’t had a chance to try Brents yet and yeah I agree with him that sub is one of the harder ones to make an all in one just like Aff Locks that are optimal. I did manage to make one that has backstab that has evis rather than rupture, but, there are major tons of work that needs to be done to it because i’m currently not happy with it :frowning: If you guys want I can post it anyways and see what you guys can do with it

Sure thing, man. Like I said, I haven’t done sub rogue too long, and I haven’t reached endgame content, so it could be there are some skills I’m missing. I don’t mind having a macro that requires manually popping off some CD’s or an extra skill here and there, so long as it only requires enough buttons I have in my grasp or doesn’t take too much of what results in me looking down at my keyboard in ultimate confusion or panicking and just clicking with the mouse, haha. I know it sounds pathetic, but like I said, I’m a mechanics and movement person, when it comes to pressing the right sequence of buttons without having to look down at my keyboard, I’m boned. Especially with my internet the way it is, and a second might mean 5 seconds on the server.

here is my whackjob backstab macro. I really don’t stand by this and only sharing in hopes that someone can improve on it. I have Evis in the macro instead of rupture due to having Glyph of Hemorrhaging Veins. Please be gentle with the negative feedback lol :stuck_out_tongue:

#showtooltip
/cast [stealth] Premeditation
/cast [stealth]Ambush
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,Marked for death
/castsequence reset=target hemorrhage,slice and dice, backstab, backstab, backstab, eviscerate
/cast redirect
/cast shadow blades
/cast combat readiness
/cast evasion
/use 13
/use 14
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]

Does anyone have a good macro, one that seems to really work. The variations seem to all catch/lock when changing targets rapidly.

Let’s keep this post evolving!

Welcome to the Rogue class. Feral has the same issues. What you would have to do is have a opener with a reset=target that has a combo point builder with a ,null command behind it. The reason most rogue and feral macros hang is due to being cp starved. Even then it’s mostly a class issue.