not everyone wants to use gse

i havve tried gse, and i think its crap. i know im not the only one. that being said can some of you macro masters please make macro tool kit versions? i dont care if its a 2 or 3 button rotation. i would really like to see if we can get maybe a non gse tab added. thank you

I myself have reverted back to plain gs. I’m not going to say the new gse is crap, its great for what it is ;), but I prefer the old reliable gs. I write everything I use in it now. And I do agree that we need a tab set aside for each of the other programs along with what we have now.

this has nothing to do with or help the people that want to use macro tool kit. do you know what macro tool kit is?

Yes I do, I was simply agreeing with the your comment about needing different tabs for the different addons.

[quote quote=37575]i havve tried gse, and i think its crap. i know im not the only one. that being said can some of you macro masters please make macro tool kit versions? i dont care if its a 2 or 3 button rotation. i would really like to see if we can get maybe a non gse tab added. thank you
[/quote]

Why don’t you go and make a start by “creating” macros and posting them form your own work instead of implying that you would rather have others make them for you. That way you can make them in any format you would like and share with everyone else.

Go and be more helpful, unlike your post!

The other way to do macros is as follows:

button 1
/cast spell
/swapactionbar 1 2

button 2
/cast spell
/swapactionbar 2 3

button 3
/cast spell
/swapactionbar 3 1

Then put all the buttons on the same spot on bars 1, 2 and 3

When you press the button it will rotate your bars and put a new item up in the same spot on each button press. For all other spells you can simply put the same spell in the same spot on all three bars. That way, the only button that changes is the one you have done this to at the time.

i have created and shared my own macros. i even ask for other that use macro tool kit, to try them out add to them and see what we can come up with

talents 2,3,1,2,1,1,2
this is a 2 part macro i use for pvp. if anyone can make it better please feel free to add to it, also show me what you are using.
first part is basic rotation. i dont like to put db into the macro because the cd can randomly reset and lock up the macro on you.

/targetenemyplayer [noharm ][dead]
/petattack
/castsequence reset=2 Kill Command,Chimaera Shot, Concussive Shot, Cobra Shot, Cobra Shot

second macro is burst, just spam it till bestial wrath is up

/cast bestial wrath
/castsequence reset=4 Kill Command, Chimaera Shot, Cobra Shot, Kill Command, Cobra Shot

this is from months ago, i could update it some now that we have our weapons opend up, but i got no feed back. i did this for a few diffrent classes and specs. so thanks for assuming i have not created my own macros and shared them

@button smasher: I was in the same boat with GS & GSE … for what felt like forever!

During which time, I was creating /swapactionbar macros as someone mentioned above: click here for a sample of my work.

However, I have since moved on from the “swap bar” method for three major reasons … with GSE there is:

1. no more messing with swap bar logic; even though (arguably) it can provide more control.
  2. no more managing multiple action bars (which can waste lots of time).
  3. no need for multiple button macros - put the code from all your macros in one place and you're done.

Anyway, let me finish by giving you a sample of my work using GSE, and by saying: Whatever method you prefer, it doesn’t matter … it is how your macro functions during game play that matters most.

To everybody in this thread … have fun, it’s just a game! :wink:

sethadon, can you send me a message i have some questions for you. thank you

Have been getting a ton of script ran too long errors, it seems to always start with the old Gs than work it’s way down the list to most my addons till I’m literally lagged out and can’t move. Anyone know if it’s GS causing this since it is in the outdated addon section. Trying to narrow it down to what addon is the cause but just can’t seem to sift through 40 addons lol. Only started happening with 7.1. It’s not just addons doing it, a lot of blizzard scripts like framexml etc also do it.