Outlaw ST/AOE GS-E 7.0.3 Macro

ok cool go for it… put a ’ at the beginning and end of your macro once you copy it.

This has been nominated as a HP Macro - Can I get some mroe feedback please.

it gets to a point in the macro when it just keeps going between crimson vial, adrenaline rush and tricks of the trade, idk if im doing something wrong but once it gets to that point it stops working for me. Dont get me wrong, before it hits that point the macro is by far the best ive used, its fantastic up until that point for me

[quote quote=35343]it gets to a point in the macro when it just keeps going between crimson vial, adrenaline rush and tricks of the trade, idk if im doing something wrong but once it gets to that point it stops working for me. Dont get me wrong, before it hits that point the macro is by far the best ive used, its fantastic up until that point for me
[/quote]
I’m having the same problem…it’s Uber awesome at first and then it stop and I have a plethora of unused energy…need some way to either dump or reset something. Other than that…I’m digging it.

“/castsequence [combat,target,nochanneling] Ghostly Strike, Saber Slash, Saber Slash, Saber Slash, Run Through, Saber Slash, Saber Slash, Saber Slash, Saber Slash, Roll the Bones, Marked for Death, Run Through”,

out side of the curse for blades line you should not have roll the bones or run through in the macro, Unless you truly just want a lazy macro. Nor do you want Marked for death in the macro.

Reason - as stated before, you either over produce or under produce combo points with buffs and skills. Example if you get broadside your gaining an extra combo point for every combo builder you do, which leads to wasted combo points, wasted combo points = less damage. I count 4 Saber Slash in a row… broadside up that would be 8 combo points, along with your pistol shot on procs. That is a lot of combo points built up before your run through.
Roll the bones is RNG meaning sometimes you have to reroll to get a good roll. otherwise again your dmg output goes down.
Marked for death should be used as a combo point sniper. On some bosses like the dragons in emerald dream you peel off and kill adds. Best way is to get combo points run through, mark of death, run through, add dies marked for death resets move to next add. If used in the macro there is a chance of it being on cooldown for adds = loss of dmg.
Ghostly Strike falls off for a long while before it is refreshed. Your losing the 10dmg with that down.

As far as it being a very lazy macro it is good, but for being a rogue and getting high damage you have to manage your combo points.
check the thread I made it will give you good combo point control.

‘/cast [@focus] Tricks of the Trade’,

save this for target switching, threat not an issue right now anyway. Best to save your tricks for redirecting add spawns to the tank.
This would be good in a pvp macro matched with Thick as Thieves(pvp talent menu) for the on cool down dmg buff

Reset timer numbers do not work. Only combat and target unless something was changed recently.

This macro opens great in a awsome burst, but as mentioned above my post

there is a issue with /castsequence reset numbers, cause the macro will die after 20 sec or so and the dps drops like a bomb, because it doesnt loop… I have tryed removing ghostly strike, but it aint that… its wierd cause when it gets stuck, the toon has energy to spend but it goes into “white dmg” … im thinking that CD skills like Curse of the Dreadblades or Adr. Rush might be to blame… dunno…damn shame =(

will make adjustments to macro hopefully later today and get the update posted.

Thx m8 and for the record, ty for all the hard work

Np made a small change to the macro will test as soon as i can but I did post it.

thx I’ll give it a test drive too asap

Right so I did the test on my 851 Outlaw on the training dummy inside rogue hall:

It did not lock up, per say but after some 2mins dps started falling and the toon started to strugle…

I pull 143k in avarage over 3mins with 256k in burst

What I did next was remove “Ghostly Strike” and replace it with “Quick Draw”

This went more smooth and after the 2min mark, I did not feel the same strugle and could generate combo pts as “normal” and the average dps ended at 176k over the same 3min mark with a bit higher burst than before.

I will do a dung/pvp test tommorow as well and update this same post…

cheers

After doing 10 HC dungs I can say that I land on 230k av.DPS (depends a lot on RnG of Roll the Bones)
On the longer fights I fint it to “lock up” since it’s trying to do a Run Through, but with 0 pts, and lockds up ending into “white dmg”. To reset it, a manual pistol shot (40 energy) or saberslash (50 energy) is needed, and it will then Run Through with the amount of 1 or 2 pts. So imho its the end of the secquence thats fucking up.

Sounds good. I made that same change to the macro as well. Thanks for testing.

i dont see how people claim to have tested this.

/use Healthstone for example, locks it up allr. So no matter
how long you tested it, it locks up the sec it reaches this line.

Also i would love to know what your clicker is set to. Cause even when
removing that one and tot one, i cant get this to work.

But it seems i see a lot of macros people claim to have working, and
i still cant get any ( on rogue ) to work.

It works well for 18 secs, then i get nothing but white dmg.

Not only that, but when starting it, the game gives me a yellow warning
" unknown macro option: Target "

You cant rly see that cause I didnt record it… You will just have to belive me =)

Dont rly know, I removed that line cause I like my HS on a diff button… I sugest you remove that line and try it out?

Just popped the macro in GS as it is

Right, perhaps we could take I look why you cant get them to work, instead of shutting down a macro that works =)
Is this a prob for you while using rogue macros only or GS macros in general?
Do you have the propper version?
What other macro have you tried?

[quote quote=35518]It works well for 18 secs, then i get nothing but white dmg.
Not only that, but when starting it, the game gives me a yellow warning ” unknown macro option: Target ”
[/quote]

Its because when the macro was updated, two lines went missing…

at the very end, the AOE macro or under the very last line
/script UIErrorsFrame:Hide();

type following:
]],
}

and save

Also I sugest using Notepad++ so that you can see the error line

About the “how people claim to test” i ment, with the original
one, you cant. Cause itlocks up at the HS line. So when someone
tested it, he changed something, thats all i ment.

Using it on all chars, i dont play without, game is not worth the
mashing no more imo.

Removed the hs line, still same.

Im using the one on front page, and only the single target one, and
the end lines are correct. Still it gives me the error ingame.

As said, it fires of for 18 secs then it does white dmg only. So
it seems it doesnt loop.

I have problems on druid as well, but thats rare. It stops once in
a blue moon, but i guess thats just bad rng.

Using Razer synapse with repeat set between 0.20 and 0.50

I’d suggest you get rid of /cast Adrenaline Rush in line 13 and 42. You never want to use this without [combat] and you already have it in a /cast line below. Also no real point to have healthstone in there. Crimsonvial will be a dps loss since it uses energy, but its good for lazy people I guess.

It’s locking up for me trying to recast AR while its still on cooldown.

I removed the AR lines and it runs through the sequence and gets stuck, it doesn’t seem to reset nor move on to the next spell in the sequence if the one it is trying to perform cannot be done.

Also try adding “[target=focus, exists, nodead]” to the Tricks of the Trade line for those testing on a target dummy without a focus target.

Updated

Ran this version of an update for 5 minutes on training dummies without it locking up. Feels much smoother.

I don’t understand why you still have finishers in the macro. you get broadside and you wasting tons of combo points still.

And this line you have run through back to back so you going to do one full combo points then a single combo point run through
“/castsequence [combat] Curse of the Dreadblades, Saber Slash, Run Through, Saber Slash, Run Through, Run Through, Saber Slash, Run Through, Saber Slash, Run Through, Run Through”,

You have to have finishers under manual control if you want to max your dps. This is setting people up to be bad rogues to be honest.

Example -
“/castsequence [combat] Saber Slash, Saber Slash, Saber Slash, Run Through, Saber Slash, Saber Slash, Saber Slash, Saber Slash, Roll the Bones, Run Through, Saber Slash, Saber Slash, Saber Slash”,

so you got 3 saber slash in a row not a single ghostly strike in macro so I am assuming you are either using the extra pistol shot combo point on proc =2cp. or extra chance for saber slash to double swing.
no you got roll bones in macro so your not fishing for maxing your dps at all. but you rolled a broadside and jolly roger. your saber slash is procs double like crazy and is giving you 2 cp per. so 2 out of three saber slash double proced (1+1)+(1+1)+(1)= 5 combo points for just procs of saber slash double cast.
With broadside that = (2+2)+(2+2)+(2)= 10 combo points before you have a run through. And this does not include the pistol shot procs you would add into this. so with this much variation in combo points building up that fast having your finishers in your macro string is a DPS LOSS. I don’t know how much more i can stress that.

Also you have in that same line roll the bones, run through. Thats 2 finishers back to back again.
Example end

again tricks does not need to be in macro at all left in the macro it is used on cool down and unavailable for target switching.

You need the control and precision over your combo points which I did here. You can read it on Outlaw Made Easy - Patch 7.0+ - WoW Lazy Macros thread. This is for people that want to max your dps as a rogue
You can see in the following macro its simplifies everything. This macro explain on the link.

Sequences['PeaceOutlawComboControl'] = {
author="Peacekeeper@bleedinghollowhorde",
specID=260,
helpTxt = 'Talents:1213322',
StepFunction = GSStaticPriority,
icon='INV_MISC_QUESTIONMARK',
PreMacro = [[
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/cast [mod:alt] Blade Flurry
/cast [nocombat,nostealth] Stealth
/cast [stealth] Ambush
    ]],
'/castsequence reset=6/combat/target [nomod] Ghostly Strike, Saber Slash, Saber Slash, Saber Slash, Saber Slash',
'/cast [combat] Adrenaline Rush',
'/cast [combat] Crimson Vial',
PostMacro = [[
/cast [mod:ctrl] Riposte
/cast [mod:shift] Curse of the Dreadblades
/use [combat] 13	
/use [combat] 14
/script UIErrorsFrame:Hide();
]],
}

Main thing here is combo point building and you control your own finishers without wasting combo points

@Potter James, Thank you for pointing out the finisher errors. I had made the changes and tested after a 12 hour shift.

Tricks of the Trade is in there as a utility: Tricks of the Trade - Spell - World of Warcraft

In terms of the way the macro is written, it is intended to be a tool for those of us with a disability, or just want to play casual. Thus truly being a “lazy” macro, an one stop button masher. Macros on a whole are not meant to reach into the depths of destroying the dps race. This macro is no different it is intended to put up descent numbers while letting you enjoy other aspects of the game. If it is useful for someone awesome, if not I know there are other well written macros that may appease them. I am just honored that I maybe able to help another person enjoy the game as a casual player. These are not raiding macros never said they was.