[Protection Paladin] Danny's GSE Macro - Fine-Tuned for Optimal Performance 10.1

is there a way to change it so my halt key is Ctrl?

not sure how to do this kinda new to it all, i just normally import and away i go lol

I would love to see this done for ret paladin and using information provided from raidbots quick sim/wowhead and etc to get a rotation of when it uses the abilities to create the overall dps it sims. I attempted this at one point with Chatgpt-3.5 it didnt work out the greatest but i know its something that takes time and correct wording to get the required results.

Yep, you can do it, my friend!

You just need to click the Macro, then click Edit.
On the new window you click the tab with the “1”, then you will see the Macro guts.
Each row is a step and on each step is a submacro. You’ll have to edit each row and change nomod:cmd to nomod:ctrl.
Then hit the Save button at the bottom and enjoy!

Yes! I have that dream, too, Mr. Pool (or something like that, ha!).

The thing is, GSE is not meant to be used for maximum efficiency. We can go as far as a macro can do.

To have the most optimal dps, we need to know things about the environment and have conditions inside them, making them an actual bot.

I think there’s room for improvement in the current version of the macro, but I have not tried to maximize it because I love to play the way it is now.

My purpose in using this addon and macros is to enjoy the game visuals and mechanics without having to play whack-a-mole with buttons all the time, and I love the game this way.

1 Like

According to your experience, which could be the spec/class more viable with a chatgpt compiled gse macro?

Any class whose game style is not bound to specific power or points, like a rogue. So what you want is a whack-a-mole class like Paladin or maybe Hunter. You can play and excel in the rotation by pushing the light-up button.

I mean: paladins have to manage holy power like rogue has to manage combo points, but I would really like to make a try with rogue or evoker or maybe mage, there are really few macros for them in the forum.

Hi Dan, loving the macro - I went from being able to survive to 21 stacks on the dungeoneer tanking dummy to 39 stacks - all with a 15% damage increase!
I have removed Divine Toll from the rotation as I like to have that on a modifier key and I change the talents slightly on ENTANGLING week to take the unbound freedom talent instead of Cleanse Toxins.
I can’t seem to get the macro to target my focus with Blessing of Freedom for some reason. I have made this change under Macro Variables (KeyPress)
“/targetenemy [noharm,nodead][dead]
/cast [mod:alt] Blessing of Freedom
/cast [mod:shift] Divine Toll” and this works.
As soon as I change the BoF command to
“/cast [mod:alt][@focus] Blessing of Freedom” the macro breaks and tries to cast only BoF, regardless of what I am pressing - how do I need to re-word that command please? I have tried adding a space between the [ ] and reversing the order.
Cheers!
EDIT: I thought I had achieved what I wanted with “/cast [mod:alt,@focus,exists] Blessing of Freedom” (both with and without the “,exists”) and although that appeared to work, only targetted me with the spell.

Very good. I appreciate your insights, especially using tools such as Chatgpt, etc… Curious if you have some insights into any healing classes.

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the wonderful Macro. I am interested in fine tuning with ChatGPT-4.
What text prompts are you using? Possible to share the prompts.

With kind regards,
Pascal

Here’s a share of the prompt.

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the prompt :slight_smile: this should help me alot. Have a good weekend!

With kind regards,

Pascal

danny what is this magic like not even joking lol what the hell is this magic hahaha its so smooth

also danny i understand if not but if this is even slighty possible for mist weaver monk fist weaving and bm hunter could you do that?

@dan Bro if you could do this for Warrior, or DM me and show me where to go, what todo, what to spend money on, bro…hook me up

hi danny,
first of all superb macro, as the others already mentioned - it feels super smooth. my only concern for the macro would be, that i am either able to safe all holy power and that it will not spend for shield of the righthous or that i am able to force the macro to just spend the holy power for word of glory. specially in key 20+ is it crucial to be able to overheal in some situations. i already tried a few things, like “/cast [mod:ctrl,@player,nochanneling] Word of Glory” in the “keyRelease section” but i wasnt succesful. the only thing that really did it for me was delete shield of the rightous completly in the keyrealese section. maybe anyone knows how to do it?
and again thank you very much for you afford and your work on the macro.

Thank you for the amazing macro!!! Do you have valid talents for this build? Error on the ones listed. I tried importing and then exporting the talents into the Wowhead Talent Calculator and that didn’t work for me either.

hey buddy you can use the latest talent builds on u.gg for prot paladin they work bloody amazing

1 Like

I have deleted the previous stuff, if you want to argure about a website then do it in a PM or start your own topic. this is for the macro only or any discussion for it.

1 Like

I tried these from U.GG and they froze the macro up. BIEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA0SaJkiodAtIJKNJJSEJSAAACAAAAAAAoJkkUEIJkkiASDAiABAgAEA