Protection (Tank) 5.1

Ok first of all let me say thank you to Luis for this site! Been using the macros from here for a long time and now I have the urge to try and contribute now. I have started rocking my Pally to 90 now (almost 87) taking the tank route and took Luis’s 5.1 Ret macro and changed it around to make it Prot. I dunno if this is fully optimized at all for if your maxed level or not but leveling anyway it keeps solid aggro on the mobs.

Ive been trying to see where Sacred Shield and Hammer of the Righteous fit in best and with this current set up both get refreshed just before they run out. I’ll keep playing around as I go along. Again thank you Louis and MJ and all the other macro contributers on the site.

/castsequence [combat] reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,0,0,0,Holy Avenger
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,0,0,Crusader Strike
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,0,Shield of the Righteous
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,Holy Wrath
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,Consecration
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,Avenger’s Shield
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,Hammer of Wrath
/castsequence reset=5 Judgment,Sacred Shield,Hammer of the Righteous,Judgment,Judgment
/cast [combat] Avenging Wrath
/use [combat] 13
/use [combat] 14
/startattack

The thing i love about these macros, giving yours a try is while leveling you can just add to it as you get more spells. Nothing like afk tv watching spamming buttons through lowbie dungeons.

this is what i use now

/targetenemy [noharm]
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,0,Execution Sentence
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,sacred shield
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,Hammer of Wrath
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,Shield of the Righteous
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,Avenger’s Shield
/castsequence reset=9 judgment, hammer of the righteous, holy wrath, consecration, hammer of the righteous

#showtooltip

/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,Holy Wrath

/castsequence reset=0.3 0,Avenger’s Shield

/castsequence reset=target Hammer of the Righteous,Judgment,Hammer of the Righteous,Eternal Flame

/cast [combat] Divine Protection

/cast [combat] Lifeblood(Rank 3)

/cast [combat] Guardian of Ancient Kings

/use [combat] 13

/use [combat] 14

/startattack

You guys are awesome!

Hi all, quick question to anyone that can help. I love the macro Jeremiah made, it works rly well for trash mobs and farming, but for single target I would love to get Shield of the Righteous & Hammer of Wrath in there. Like Aaron I’ve been trying to use the Ret macro as a template but everything I try really breaks up and/or hangs up. Nothing I try seems to have the same “flow” or for that matter the efficiency that Jeremiah has managed to achieve. So rly I guess this is two questions;

1. Is there any way to get both Shield of the Righteous and Eternal Flame to fit together better in this macro?

2.Where do you think Hammer of Wrath should fit in?

This is what I’ve been working with so far. Let me know what Im doing wrong Please please please …
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,0,Consecration
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,Judgment
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,Hammer of Wrath
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,Shield of the Righteous
/castsequence reset=0.3 Avenger’s Shield
/castsequence reset=6 Hammer of the Righteous,Crusader Strike,Eternal Flame, Crusader Strike
/cast [combat] Divine Protection
/cast [combat] Guardian of Ancient Kings
/cast [combat] Devotion Aura
/startattack
/script UIErrorsFrame:Hide ()

[quote quote=5105]Ok first of all let me say thank you to Luis for this site! Been using the macros from here for a long time and now I have the urge to try and contribute now. I have started rocking my Pally to 90 now (almost 87) taking the tank route and took Luis’s 5.1 Ret macro and changed it around to make it Prot. I dunno if this is fully optimized at all for if your maxed level or not but leveling anyway it keeps solid aggro on the mobs. Ive been trying to see where Sacred Shield and Hammer of the Righteous fit in best and with this current set up both get refreshed just before they run out. I’ll keep playing around as I go along. Again thank you Louis and MJ and all the other macro contributers on the site. /castsequence [combat] reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,0,0,0,Holy Avenger
/castsequence reset=5 Judgment,Sacred Shield,Hammer of the Righteous,Judgment,Judgment
/use [combat] 13
/use [combat] 14
/startattack [/quote]

Seems like the Avenger’s Shild dosent cast. Anyone got a clue on how to fix it?

[quote quote=5936]

Aaron wrote: Ok first of all let me say thank you to Luis for this site! Been using the macros from here for a long time and now I have the urge to try and contribute now. I have started rocking my Pally to 90 now (almost 87) taking the tank route and took Luis’s 5.1 Ret macro and changed it around to make it Prot. I dunno if this is fully optimized at all for if your maxed level or not but leveling anyway it keeps solid aggro on the mobs. Ive been trying to see where Sacred Shield and Hammer of the Righteous fit in best and with this current set up both get refreshed just before they run out. I’ll keep playing around as I go along. Again thank you Louis and MJ and all the other macro contributers on the site. /castsequence [combat] reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,0,0,0,Holy Avenger /castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,0,0,Crusader Strike /castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,0,Shield of the Righteous /castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,Holy Wrath /castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,Consecration /castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,Avenger’s Shield /castsequence reset=0.3 0,Hammer of Wrath /castsequence reset=5 Judgment,Sacred Shield,Hammer of the Righteous,Judgment,Judgment /cast [combat] Avenging Wrath /use [combat] 13 /use [combat] 14 /startattack
Seems like the Avenger’s Shild dosent cast. Anyone got a clue on how to fix it? [/quote]

#showtooltip Avenger’s Shield

/castsequence [combat] reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,0,0,0,Holy Avenger

/use [combat] 13

/use [combat] 14

/startattack

Works now, it was spelled wrong.

How to put in one? macro can use only 255 characters

Macrotoolkit :slight_smile: i have one problem, it wont cast me Holy Aveneger

1. AS U CAN PROBABLY READ IN EARLIER POSTS WE SAID USE SUPERDUPER ADD ON.
  2. THERE ARE LIKE 5 MACROS IN HERE AND YOU STILL CANT FIND ONE CASTING HOLY AVENGER?
  3. I POSTED ONE THAT DOES CAST HOLY AVENGER BUT YOU PROBABLY YOU DID NOT WEAR YOUR GLASSES SO HERE IT IS AGAIN
/targetenemy [noharm] /castsequence reset=0.5 0,0,0,0,0,Execution Sentence /castsequence reset=0.5 0,0,0,0,sacred shield /castsequence reset=0.5 0,0,0,Hammer of Wrath /castsequence reset=0.5 0,0,Shield of the Righteous /castsequence reset=0.5 0,Avenger’s Shield /castsequence reset=9 judgment,hammer of the righteous,holy wrath,consecration,hammer of the righteous
  1. I CHANGED THE 3 TO 5 TO HELP YOU WITH THE MACRO EVEN MORE TO AVOID LATENCY.

Just starting to pally tank and cannot see the talent Holy Avenger in your above macro Baboulas7. Also Avengers Shield never casts once for me so might multi hotbar it.
Because I am not level 90 yet I swapped Execution Sentence with Holy Avenger and it works perfectly.

Ok did some testing and this 1 button for pre level 90 works perfectly for all abilities. had to swap Avenger’s Shield to top priority because it does proc a no CD cast during rotation and it won’t work otherwise. Not sure what to do when I turn 90 but this is right for me now. Thanks to Baboulas7 for his template.

/targetenemy [noharm]
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,Avenger’s Shield
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,Sacred Shield
/castsequence reset=0.3 Holy Avenger
/castsequence reset=9 Judgment, Hammer of the Righteous, Holy Wrath, Consecration, Hammer of the Righteous

AOE macro

/targetenemy [noharm]
/castsequence reset=9 Judgment, Hammer of the Righteous, Holy Wrath, Consecration, Hammer of the Righteous

I Cannot edit the above post any more and made some minor adjustments plus the above single target macro was wrong. Added Avenging Wrath and Divine Protection for more threat and survivability. Tried to fit in Blinding Light for the AOE macro but it didn’t seem to work so do that manually.

Just did around 10 dungeons in a row using this setup and it all works for me at level 88.

Single Target macro.

/targetenemy [noharm]
/castsequence reset=9 Judgment,Crusader Strike, Holy Wrath, Consecration, Crusader Strike
/cast [combat]Avenging Wrath
/cast [combat]Divine Protection

AOE macro.

/targetenemy [noharm]
/castsequence reset=9 Judgment, Hammer of the Righteous,Holy Wrath, Consecration, Hammer of the Righteous
/cast [combat]Divine Protection

Screaming aside, this one doesn’t fire off Avenger’s Shield for me either, i’ve tried them all, none of them seem to. So no sense in being a jerk about it.

[quote quote=6288]/targetenemy [noharm]
/castsequence reset=0.5 0,0,0,0,0,Execution Sentence
/castsequence reset=0.5 0,0,0,0,sacred shield
/castsequence reset=0.5 0,0,0,Hammer of Wrath
/castsequence reset=0.5 0,0,Shield of the Righteous
/castsequence reset=0.5 0,Avenger’s Shield
/castsequence reset=9 judgment,hammer of the righteous,holy wrath,consecration,hammer of the righteous[/quote]

Are you finger spamming or using an automated clicker? For me most of these will only work with a clicker set at one click every 20 milliseconds. Give it a try I think you will find it then works properly.

[quote quote=6807]/targetenemy [noharm]
/castsequence reset=9 Judgment,Crusader Strike, Holy Wrath, Consecration, Crusader Strike
/cast [combat]Divine Protection[/quote]

Is that an add on or a macro keyboard? (Clicker setting)

I use Auto Keyboard there is a time trial for using multiple instances of it which costs $5 I think but it can be cracked by using Notepad++ Open the .exe once installed with Notepad++ and scroll down till you see several serial keys, use the last key to unlock it.

Roger that, Thanks Mike.

Why does it keep quoting the previous messages xD, lol. Anyhow, this is what i meant to roger.