SCG-Single button Affliction Warlock level 80 version 11.0.2 update: 9/9/2024

If you like my macros, and want to provide me with some financial incentive to keep this and other macros updated, you can do so here: Paypal

##Update 9/9/2024:
Now that I’m finally level 80 with my warlock, I finally did some additional testing, changed up the WoW macros, GSE macro, and changed talents around in an attempt to optimize a good balance between ST and AOS. Anyway, I’m quite happy with how it turned out, I also changed the vile taint talent to phantom singularity, as that plays a lot nicer with GSE. Anyway, I hope you like it.

There isn’t much difference between ST and AOE. The only difference is the AOE wow macro will lead off with Seed of corruption first when entering into combat, while the ST wow macro will fire off corruption first when switching to a new target.

By having spells in the wow macro, before or after the /click command to trigger GSE, it is possible to get gse to function similar to how it used to (albeit with some added limitations within GSE).

Important:

1. go to GSE options - TroubleShooting - turn off ActionButtonUseKeyDown, otherwise gse macro won’t fire off using this macro set.

troubleshooting

1. BROKEN MACRO error on Different spec: gse - MACRO_NAME - Disable Sequence - save
  2. BROKEN MACRO error same spec: GSE-MACRO_NAME - tab:‘1’ - disable all spell blocks containing a spell you don’t know - save

Talents:

open the talent tree and import the following if you want to use the same talents as me:

CkQAA81jxQD71lYhS/t8p6HgAAmZmZmZEzmBmtZmZY2GAAAwMjZWmZM2MzMLMzMDAYmxy2ADYCmhlQG2mBAAAAAAAAmZmND

SCG_AFF_ST

1. copy the following macro, paste it in game as a new macro, and drag the icon to the cast bar to be spammed there.
/cast [nopet,nomounted] Summon Imp
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/castsequence reset=target Corruption,null
/castsequence reset=shift/target Agony,Unstable Affliction,null
/click [nochanneling] SCG_AFF
/cast [nochanneling] Drain Soul

SCG_AFF_AOE

1. copy the following macro, paste it in game as a new macro, and drag the icon to the cast bar to be spammed there.
/castsequence reset=combat/5 Seed of Corruption,null
/castsequence reset=shift/target Agony,Unstable Affliction,null

Tip for WoW macros: In order to refresh the dots you can either tap shift, or switch to a new target. (specifically for the AOE, you can quickly cast Agony on multiple enemies just by tabbing through some of them before switching back to the main target as a way to maximize dps)

1. import the following code into gse, but do not keybind it.
dKteeaGlkfABQWmPKWSfDtPs(LuP(MuHltANuzVWULY(PKQ(jLc(lLk9BvAGusPHsPkdMsIgUKdIItl0Xq4CcQfsPOhJOflvLLRQ8qb4Pkldv9CkMOuLMkstwv00jUOufxLskEgQCDkXgfO2kLsTzkLSDkj1hLk6RuQQplvvVMsfJKsQmmvvJwaDyu6KcKXjixtv68u10urRJssUTQWGau4iWwaDAxMGdgoEqX6IL87AafocqXyiL4TzafocqXmLMjCC8NVChyIVumtPzIr9LIXqkXBdcC8GIzknt44)Fj6imM4lfZuAMyuFPymKs82GahhOyMsZeoo(ZxUdmQVumgsjEByIVumtPzcbUtqXmLMjCCHochUdmXxkMP0mXO(sXyiL4TbbUxqXmLMjCC8NVChyIVumtPzIr9LIXqkXBdcChGIzknt44)Fjc9Jj(sXmLMjg1xkgdPeVniW1bOyMsZeoo(ZxUdmQVumgsjEByIVumtPzcbUqGIzknt4odreIat8LIzkntmQVumgsjEBqGlmOyMsZeoo(ZxUdmXxkMP0mXO(sXyiL4TbboIFqXeFPyrrFGr9LIXqkXBdlk6dmcomlTOGzVK1RFqGJGaumtPzchh)5l3bg1xkgdPeVnmXxkMP0mHahbpOyIVuSOOpWO(sXyiL4THff9bgXjMLwuWSxY61piWrWbkM4lfZuAMyuFPymKs82WmLMjCC8NVChqGJ4eumtPzc3rOdmQVumgsjEByIVumtPzcbcwqT(SetX2SFr2(s1akeiqWSVYAhglFSgqHGzfSgXAQNSI(eJ)N)8p8F4FcIq8HX6sf2EzfwqXSonRm2SdwGIugRQ7UFgnK3VN2y)93D)g1slk6tmkBQnXakemglsG3pm7BjLaT8zT9qg416TYGmPAW6C9yB9ZeVn444j4X6ITzHndQj6NvRnjEBWMy9Q2I1skWrG5yFOylGoTltWbJTsjdQx44pEXO2qaWrq8))ZJ1tZw3psnG7JIvy7lMrXdBcbceaa
2 Likes

I’m not used to affliction but seems to work well for me, looking forward to leveling my warlock, thank you!

Hey :slight_smile:
Its working great, but where is Unstable Affliction ? :smiley:

heh, looks like I forgot to add that spell for some reason. Here’s a wow macro you could test out with it added in the cast sequence line.

#showtooltip
/cast [nopet] Summon Imp
/castsequence reset=combat/10 Seed of Corruption,null
/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=target Agony,Unstable Affliction,Drain Soul,Drain Soul,Drain Soul

I’ll test it out myself once I get home from work. (had to remove a drain soul to fit it in to the wow sequence, so not sure if it’s better yet.)

1 Like

I did it same as your macro, and its working great.

but your “ST” macro need to renamed to SCG_AFF instead for SCG_AFF_ST.

Thanks for the bit of help. Anyway, I finally had the time to make the necessary changes to the main post, along with a few quality of life improvements. using the new wow macros your character will no longer try to summon you minion if you start using while mounted right after flying. I also removed Dark pact from within GSE as losing 20% of your health at random doesn’t feel good. lol

Hi i am testing your macro and work very well.
But miss Vile Taint in the macros, and this spell is very important in the rotation

Thanks. I primarily left out vile taint as spells that want you to select a target location in order to cast doesn’t play nice within a macro. While I could add a spell block for it, the only options to add to the Unit Name text area are cursor: spell fires of at your cursor location, or player: spell is cast on top of your character. There would also be the option of adding it in to my wow macro with a modifier, but the problem there is my Wow macros for this toon is already close to the character limit forcing me to have to remove something else.

As far as I can tell, the best/easiest way to use it would be to use it separately, or have it in a separate Wow macro where it is easier to control where it fires. Something like:

#showtooltip
/cast [@cursor] Vile Taint

Hmm, after playing around with it inside gse, turns out adding vile taint to a spell block with the unit name: cursor, breaks the gse macro while having the unit name: player, works but would be less effective than if cursor were to work. so again, seems having vile taint as a separate macro like above, would be the best option using this method of calling GSE through a /click command.

Why dose the macro’s not refer to SCG_AFF_AOE/ST instead of SCG_AFF for the /click?

When I ran the sims (through raidbot), there were very few differences between the ST and AOE rotations, so I decided to combine the 2 sets within gse and keep the primary differences between the 2 within the WoW macro instead. I may change that though in a future update when I get around to leveling my warlock.

If the target lives longer as 20ish seconds both Unstable Affliction and Agony wont refresh due to reset=target.

/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=target Agony,Unstable Affliction,Drain Soul,Drain Soul,Drain Soul,Drain Soul

Vile will cast agony but it has 30sec CD and wont cast UA.
Maybe adding them after a few soul drains will extend it abit i guess but not in long boss fights.
Got any suggestions for this other as manual casting it?

That isn’t quite accurate, as when the list pf spells reaches the end of a /castsequence, it will go back to the start of the list of spells regardless of the reset conditions. It’s only when you add the word “null” at the end of a /castsequence command where the list of spells won’t to back to the beginning until the reset conditions are met. example:

The reset=target is only there on the line in question to guarantee that you will start off with casting Agony first in the list of spells when you switch to a different target.

Hmm… Considering the unpredictable nature of the dot spells and number of other spells that refresh the dots, the only alternative I can think of would be to use them through a modifier.
Here’s what I came up with.
ST:

#showtooltip
/castsequence reset=target Corruption,null
/cast [mod:ctrl] Agony
/cast [mod:shift] Unstable Affliction

AOE:

#showtooltip
/castsequence reset=combat/5 Seed of Corruption,null
/cast [mod:ctrl] Agony
/cast [mod:shift] Unstable Affliction

hey, im a complete noob. but i have set up all your settings and macros. but it seems to mostly spam drain soul. and then the macro button turns blue. as i have no soul shards.

Bro, I completely copied everything according to your process, but this macro cannot run

Make sure that you go to GSE options - TroubleShooting - turn off ActionButtonUseKeyDown

Also, if you aren’t using the English version of Wow, you will have to manually translate the spells to the language of the version you are using.

This is the only one of your macros that doesn’t work for me. It only casts Corruption, Soul Rot, Malefic Rapture, and Haunt. Then it just hangs until Haunt comes off cooldown and it will cast haunt again and then hang again for 15 seconds until it comes off cooldown again.

To note, I am in the process of levveling up my warlock right now, and should be able to provide an update very soon (including providing a macro for the other WL specs). In the meantime, I would recommend double checkin that the line “/click [nochanneling] SCG_AFF” in the WoW macro matches the name in the provided GSE macro.

It does match, in fact the only thing that gets cast is what is in the SCG_AFF macro. The spells that are in the cast sequence of the macro are whats not getting cast.

Considering the other macros of mine work for you, I’m curious whether you accidentally disabled the gse macro, or happen to have equipped a trinket that is usable and is somehow causing an error. Check the 2 item macro blocks that have the number 13 and 14 in them, and check to see what, if anything is written in the unit name text box.

edit: Those spells you mentioned are actually inside the gse macro, not a part of the WoW macro (other than Corruption). So in that case, check to make sure the WoW macro you’re using to call the gse macro matches one of the WoW macro options I provided in the first post. Also, if you’re using the second option, you have to press ctrl for agony, and shift for unstable affliction. Finally, for both options, it should be casting Drain soul if all the spells inside gse are on cooldown (agony and UA also in rotation for the first option).

Update: I finally got to level 80 and was able to hopefully maximize the dps for this. Hope yo like it. Destruction, and Demonology macro sets will likely also be getting released sometime this week also.

1 Like