Shadow 5.4 (Dominate Noobs)

Fellas I have been promising you all I would post my Shadow Macros for a few months now. I really apologize for it taking so long. I just dont like to post stuff till I can provide a full guide and I took a break from wow for a while. I am back.

Alright I will provide like half the guide today and update it over the next few days. So keep checking in on the thread.

Required TALENTS

1. [Void Tendrils] If you dont have this you are a noob; end of story. However, (In arena with caster heavy comp pick [Psyfiend])
  2. [Body and Soul] Will save your A$$ Constantly
  3. [Solace and Insanity] This is not an option. You must take this.
  4. [Divine Insight] 100% you need this so you get your Mind Blast procs. Spread SWP and with my badass macro it will prioritize Mind Blast so you will auto instant cast it all over the place.

Suggested TALENTS

1. [Angelic Bulwark] or [Spectral Guise]

Main Rotation

This will automatically put you into shadow form and prioritize Mind Blast and SWD whenever they proc which is awesome. Surprisingly many people dont know this but if you go into key bindings you need to change the default of Target Nearest Enemy to Target Nearest Enemy Player when doing PVP. This will make it so you never target the stupid pets.

/targetenemy [noharm]
/cast [noform] !Shadowform
/castsequence [combat] reset=0.5 0,1,2,3,Shadowfiend                          
/castsequence [combat] reset=0.5 0,1,2,Cascade
/castsequence [combat] reset=0.5 0,1,Mind Blast
/castsequence [combat] reset=0.5 0,Shadow Word: Death
/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=target/19 Shadow Word: Pain,Vampiric Touch,Mind Flay,Mind Flay,Mind Flay
/cast !Mind Blast
/use 13

Devouring Plague (Only Use With 3 Orbs!..)

/castsequence reset=5/target/combat Devouring Plague,null
/castsequence [combat] reset=0.5 Mind Flay
/cast !Devouring Plague

I will provide you guys with defensive / healing macros over the next few days. This is an evolving thread.

great work as always!!!
I tested it in arena it works great .
Will continue to test it tomorrow.

love!

Haha; yah I destroy people with the macros. I am glad you like it Donuts. Wait till I make the defensive ones also.

A little tip, here is a better version for Dp Mf

/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=0.5 1, mind flay
/cast devouring plague

It will cast DP then MF, you have a lot of “junk” in yours.

No need to add combat to everything, there is nothing in it that you would cast if not in combat already, like a heal, fort buff ect, ect.

No need for ! in front of mind blast, it will cast automatically on cd and break a MF mid channel with out it in the spot you have it in.

If you are interested you can read my small version, it does everything your does but is smaller, and give more control over SWP and VT. It is the “tweaked” post.

Please do not be offended, i prefer small uncluttered macros and give friendly advise when i see wasted characters, i have ocd like that i think.

Yah no worries. I actually was going to change the DP / MF one. No worries; that is what this website is for. Good job.

/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=0.5 1, mind flay
/cast devouring plague

one recomending macro for target, because i dont like that target macro at all. none works as i want them to. so i changed it a bit unless there is a major reason why they should be like that:

/targetenemy [dead][noharm][noexists]

[quote quote=11267]one recomending macro for target, because i dont like that target macro at all. none works as i want them to. so i changed it a bit unless there is a major reason why they should be like that:

/targetenemy [dead][noharm][noexists]
[/quote]

I don’t understand what you are saying. Please restate it in proper English.

well if i target with your target macro it stays in same target unless i press escape… with my macro it changes target soon as it is dead.

and sorry if my english is that bad… sorry if you took it the wrong way. you guys have amazing macros… but the target macros is in my opinion a bit short… but maybe thats just my opinion… sorry

Thanks but my /target mouseover targets them immediately also when pressing the macro. Also you wouldnt want to use your macro I dont think because it would target people as well as their pets and that would be horrible if it were to happen. You would end up targeting their pets and dying.

Surprisingly most people dont know that you need to have “Target Enemy Player” clicked in keybindings instead of the default; “Target Enemy”. The default will make it so you target pets; everything. Not sure but you might try changing your macro to be enemy player.

First up id like to thank everyone here for their contributions, especially Chris as this site has had a significant impact on my playstyle.

I thought I would post my Spriest healy macro in here and get some feedback, or atleast give something back to the community that has givenso much to me.

#showtooltip Flash Heal
/target mouseover
/castsequence reset=target Renew,null
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,Binding Heal
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,Power Word: Shield
/cast !Prayer of Mending

I can spam this on someone if they need heals, and give them whatever I have left to give. I could throw my 90 talent in there, but im a glory hog and prefer to keep it for dps.

This basically puts a Renew up on my mouseover, followed by a PoM and a PW:S. If i am still it will cast Binding Heal (you could use Flash Heal instead, but generally everyone is damaged anyway) to top em off. It is a mana hog to heal with but its better than nothing.

hi im new to this site, and im loving some of the macros ive found including ths one

However…ive just gave it a try on a dummy in the shrine and in 540 ilvl gear i can only get 85-93k dps (no food flask or buffs) yet when i free cast my rotation im on 97-120k.

im not sure if im doing something wrong or what , im clicking the macro and then as soon as the 3 orbs proc i switch to the DP macro and then rinse and repeat but it will not go above 85k sustained 93k spike

Part of it is that Spriest got a nurf in 5.4.

The other part is the structure of the macro. It has a chain in it that is used to apply and refresh your dots. It does do that very well. The problem is that is has no idea on how much time is left on the dots and wether they need refreshed. What happens is that the dots gets clipped off too early or too late.

People like these macros because all they need to do mash one button. They are not meant for competitive damage.

I write my macros to be competitive by putting more control into the players hands so things like dot clipping does not happen.

You can check out my macro. It essentially the same but you would press ctrl, alt or shift to apply your dots. I just use a timer and track my dots and hold ctrl and press the macro with about 2-3 seconds left on them to reapply.

Hope that answered your question.

Edit. Also all of my macros are under 255, so no need for a addon to extend.

[quote quote=11332]Part of it is that Spriest got a nurf in 5.4.

The other part is the structure of the macro. It has a chain in it that is used to apply and refresh your dots. It does do that very well. The problem is that is has no idea on how much time is left on the dots and wether they need refreshed. What happens is that the dots gets clipped off too early or too late.

People like these macros because all they need to do mash one button. They are not meant for competitive damage.

I write my macros to be competitive by putting more control into the players hands so things like dot clipping does not happen.

You can check out my macro. It essentially the same but you would press ctrl, alt or shift to apply your dots. I just use a timer and track my dots and hold ctrl and press the macro with about 2-3 seconds left on them to reapply.

[/quote]

Exactly what Brent said. I only pvp; the shadow macro is not meant for competitive pve. I would suggest splitting it into more macros separating your dots so that you dont clip them, etc. If you are doing more damage without the macros then dont use them. They are mostly for pvp, farming, leveling, etc. I dominate with it in pvp specifically RBGs and BGs. You will do more with my macros in pvp than without; trust me. It makes multi-dotting insanely easy not to mention using procs (eg. Mind Blast) and putting back into shadow form.

[quote quote=11332]Part of it is that Spriest got a nurf in 5.4.

[/quote]

Exactly what Brent said. I only pvp; the shadow macro is not meant for competitive pve. I would suggest splitting it into more macros separating your dots so that you dont clip them, etc. If you are doing more damage without the macros then dont use them. They are mostly for pvp, farming, leveling, etc. I dominate with it in pvp specifically RBGs and BGs. You will do more with my macros in pvp than without; trust me. It makes multi-dotting insanely easy not to mention using procs (eg. Mind Blast) and putting you back into shadow form.

my post want aimed to offend, it was a genuine question to see if it was a human error with the use that made the dps lower, the macro is indeed very useful in pvp :wink:

Hey bro no offense taken. Private message me and ill give you my battletag and offer you some advice for the priest class.

for the autoclickers, ive added an exclemationmark before the mind flays, so it finishes without clipping, im just lvling at the moment and doing dungeons so its nice to just sit back and relax with your finger on the button

/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=target/19 Shadow Word: Pain,Vampiric Touch,!Mind Flay,!Mind Flay,!Mind Flay

its does cast mind blast on cooldown(wich is the only other abillity in my macro so far

[quote quote=11355]for the autoclickers, ive added an exclemationmark before the mind flays, so it finishes without clipping, im just lvling at the moment and doing dungeons so its nice to just sit back and relax with your finger on the button

/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=target/19 Shadow Word: Pain,Vampiric Touch,!Mind Flay,!Mind Flay,!Mind Flay

its does cast mind blast on cooldown(wich is the only other abillity in my macro so far
[/quote]

That’s fine and good work on that. But just remember that you actually want to clip your Mindflay for higher priority spells. Something to remember once you hit level cap. But with leveling and a limited spell book I am sure it’s fine.

Thanks for the contribution.