Shadow Priest - 7.1 - GS:E

I’ve read issues about WoW key modifiers not working with certain types of gaming mice … perhaps there are settings in your mouse software that you could alter,

OR

if you have a standard mouse kicking around, maybe you could uninstall your gaming mouse (and all it’s related software) and test with it … just to see.

Sry, I’m just grasping at straws here, as I use a plain jane mouse and everything works fine. :frowning:

I haven’t actually installed any software with the mouse its just the windows drivers so not sure what the difference will be . Will test on my laptop later without a mouse plugged in and see what happens.

On a side note might if I can get it to work might be worth another modifier for Shadow word Death ?

Yes, that is what I am looking for. I get to apply the dot twice due to my legendary and it is hard to get it in when the macro is running, turning it off and on works ok but I think your solution works the best. So a line would read:

/cast [mod:ctrl] Touch of Death; ‘/castsequence [combat, nochanneling] Tiger Palm, Fists of Fury’, ?

I am also having the same issue with ctrl, how can I change it to shift or another key?

I would write the above-mentioned line like this instead:

/castsequence [mod:ctrl] Touch of Death; [combat, nochanneling] Tiger Palm, Fists of Fury

Programmatically, you can replace CTRL with SHIFT within the macro. However, if SHIFT still does not work, then you are one of many who are having an issue with their key modifiers. This may be due any of the following:

• WoW Key Bindings
  • Gaming Mouse
  • Operating System overrides

Edit: Got it to work, thanks man. Much appreciated. Can you do a video showing how you use your multitarget one? Thanks again!

It was the key bindings in WoW. It thought I was pressing ctrl+1 for the action key, its in the second section down in key bindings. (I am a nub).

Glad to hear that it’s working for you now! :+1:

I’m in the process of doing that right now.

Cheers! :slight_smile:

ok so it worked on my laptop with the same keyboard and mouse plugged in :s

Back to the drawing board

Ok I’m getting some really weird results… Ive change the macro round so alt does the dots and ctrl does PI
So I tried it and alt still did PI , so I deleted all my macros , deleted the 3 GS folders in addons and started again only adding my new macro with alt for dots and I press alt and it still does PI and shadowfiend.

Ive opened it up in game and it is showing alt for dots and ctrl for PI but its not doing it completely at a loss where its getting pressing alt for PI from

Just deleted WTF / Interface / Cache folder and still it casts PI using the wrong button

Hmmm… I can only suggest that you re-copy the latest version of these macros from the original post - I updated them earlier today; start there and see if CTRL and ALT work as they should initially - and then change them later if necessary.

Good luck!

[quote quote=37342]

Just deleted WTF / Interface / Cache folder and still it casts PI using the wrong button

Hmmm… I can only suggest that you re-copy the latest version of these macros from the original post – I updated them earlier today; start there and see if CTRL and ALT work as they should initially – and then change them later if necessary. Good luck! [/quote]

Thanks :slight_smile: At the stage of giving up spent hours trying to get it to work . I have tried deleting everything and starting again with the updated ones , ive deleted everything and tried a modified version using the alt key as that works for Power infusion but think something must be saved server side with gsse in wow showing alt is for dots and pressing alt runs power infusion is crazy.

Might try copying Wow from laptop to PC as it works on there and then that would rule out local wow settings.

On a side note i did hit 270k dps on the dummys in class order hall (859 ilvl)

These things can be frustrating … I know.
Keep us posted on how the copy from laptop to PC goes.
Good Luck!

ok got it working!

For some reason everytime I copied the macro over ingame it showed like this :-
/castsequence [mod:ctrl, nochanneling:Void Torrent] reset=target/6?? Shadow Word: Pain, Vampiric Touch

After a lot of playing removing the mod completely and just making it a cast macro I figured the ?? shouldn’t be there and bobs your uncle it is now working

I looked over the macros after your last piece of information, and noticed that the previous copies had two spaces behind the 6 (as opposed to one) … perhaps this is what caused you grief.

In case that was the problem all along, and so that this doesn’t effect other users down the road, I have removed the second space.

Glad to hear this. I only hope it is worth the trouble.

Cheers! :slight_smile:

Hello First Sergeant,

I can’t push this over 250k :(.
Waiting on tha video. Maybe i see what i do wrong.
Maybe the stats? Dunno :eggplant:

Please help and let me know what i do wrong?

Have you tried mixing and matching your talents?

I sustain about 270K with the following talents (iLevel 859):

• Fortress of the Mind or Shadow Word: Void
  • Body and Soul
  • Psychic Voice
  • Void Ray
  • Auspicious Spirits
  • Power Infusion
  • Mind Spike

I dont know you at all, you who ever you are, keep the good job. You have no idea how much this improve my gameplay so far. I still undergear ( 835 ) but damn, these are really good! Keep it up! :smiley:

[quote quote=37367]

I can’t push this over 250k :(.

Have you tried mixing and matching your talents? I sustain about 270K with the following talents (iLevel 859):
  • Fortress of the Mind or Shadow Word: Void
  • Body and Soul
  • Psychic Voice
  • Void Ray
  • Auspicious Spirits
  • Power Infusion
  • Mind Spike
[/quote]

Yes! Mind Spike is not working for me. I spam the GS macro and get up to 190k(SingleTarget)
I do the same with S2m and i get around 220(SingleTarget) (garrison TrainingDummy)
I guess, i need more crit?
With my rotation i hit around 250k (ST),S2m-ve-vb-VoTr-vb-Dispersion-vb-mb-mf-vb-mf-mb…and i cant manage to get to 80+Stacks to pop Pi. ( on garrison TDummy)
Talents: 1212213
Stats:
Crit 23% , Haste:30% , Mastery:49

%
Armory Link

Kind regards,
Ipk the Gullible

** IMPORTANT: **

• Be sure to keep your macros and weakauras strings up-to-date!
  • I occasionally update both, as my gear changes and play-style improves.

NOTE:

• You can tell when updates have occurred by checking the Edit Log at the bottom of the original post.
Sample Edit Log:

One last question, how do I get a Spinning Crane Kick, which is channeled to stay channeling when using an [mod:alt] Spinning Crane Kick; ?