version=2,
source = "Local",
helpTxt = "Talents: 2212211",
icon='INV_MISC_QUESTIONMARK',
lang="enUS",
PreMacro=[[
/cast [form:0] Shadowform
/targetenemy [noharm] [dead]
/castsequence [mod:ctrl,nochanneling:Void Torrent] reset=target/5  Shadow Word: Pain, Vampiric Touch
/castsequence [talent:6/1,mod:alt,nochanneling:Void Torrent] reset=120  Void Torrent, Power Infusion, Void Torrent
/cast [talent:6/2,mod:alt,nochanneling:Void Torrent] Void Torrent
/castsequence [talent:6/3,mod:alt,nochanneling:Void Torrent] reset=60  Void Torrent, Mindbender
]],
"/castsequence [talent:7/1,nochanneling:Void Torrent] [talent:7/3,nochanneling:Void Torrent] Void Eruption, Mind Flay; [talent:7/2,nochanneling:Void Torrent] Void Eruption"",
"/castsequence [talent:7/1,nochanneling:Void Torrent] [talent:7/3,nochanneling:Void Torrent] Shadow Word: Death, Mind Blast, Mind Blast, Mind Flay; [talent:7/2,nochanneling:Void Torrent] Shadow Word: Death, Mind Blast, Mind Blast"",
"/castsequence [talent:7/1,nochanneling:Void Torrent] [talent:7/3,nochanneling:Void Torrent] Mind Blast, Mind Flay; [talent:7/2,nochanneling:Void Torrent] Mind Blast"",
"/castsequence [talent:7/1,nochanneling:Void Torrent] [talent:7/3,nochanneling:Void Torrent] Void Eruption, Mind Flay; [talent:7/2,nochanneling:Void Torrent] Void Eruption"",
"/castsequence [talent:7/1,nochanneling:Void Torrent] [talent:7/3,nochanneling:Void Torrent] Shadow Word: Death, Mind Blast, Mind Blast, Mind Flay; [talent:7/2,nochanneling:Void Torrent] Shadow Word: Death, Mind Blast, Mind Blast"",
"/castsequence [talent:7/1,nochanneling:Void Torrent] [talent:7/3,nochanneling:Void Torrent] Mind Blast, Mind Flay; [talent:7/2,nochanneling:Void Torrent] Mind Blast"",
"/castsequence [talent:1/3,talent:7/1,nochanneling:Void Torrent] [talent:1/3,talent:7/3,nochanneling:Void Torrent] Shadow Word: Void, Mind Blast, Mind Blast, Mind Flay; [talent:1/3,talent:7/2,nochanneling:Void Torrent] Shadow Word: Void, Mind Blast, Mind Blast"",
"/castsequence [talent:3/1,talent:7/1,nochanneling:Void Torrent] [talent:3/1,talent:7/3,nochanneling:Void Torrent] Mind Bomb, Mind Flay; [talent:3/1,talent:7/2,nochanneling:Void Torrent] Mind Bomb"",
"/cast [talent:6/2,nochanneling:Void Torrent,@cursor] Shadow Crash"'",
"/cast [talent:6/1,combat,nochanneling:Void Torrent] [talent:6/2,combat,nochanneling:Void Torrent] Shadowfiend"",
PostMacro=[[
/cast [combat,nochanneling] Mind Flay
]],
}

please advise on what to do. I really LOVE what you made and would like to make it work for me as well.

I’m not a GSE guru, but at a glance it looks like you have all sorts of extra quotes at the end of each line in the Body section of the macro. As far as I know, each line should open with one double quote, and then close with one double quote followed by a comma.

Just curious: Are you using the old GS or the new GSE?

Here is the small modification I made to your core macro, I took shadowfiend off the loop and made it an alt cast after void torrent, to go with PI. I also wanted to make Touch cast prior to pain. Did I do it right? Also where do you stand with talent choices right now? I know we are going to change with the patch, but I was just wondering what you were running now and what your numbers looked like?

Sequences['SPriest_ST'] = {
author="Sethadon@Shattered Hand",
specID=258,
source = "Local",
helpTxt = "Any Talent Combination",
icon='INV_MISC_QUESTIONMARK',
lang="enUS",
PreMacro=[[
/cast [form:0] Shadowform
/targetenemy [noharm] [dead]
/castsequence [mod:ctrl,nochanneling:Void Torrent] reset=target/5  Vampiric Touch, Shadow Word: Pain
/castsequence [talent:6/1,mod:alt,nochanneling:Void Torrent] reset=120 Void Torrent, Shadowfiend, Power Infusion, Void Torrent
/cast [talent:6/2,mod:alt] Void Torrent
/castsequence [talent:6/3,mod:alt,nochanneling:Void Torrent] reset=60 Void Torrent, Mindbender
]],
"/castsequence [talent:7/1,nochanneling:Void Torrent] [talent:7/3,nochanneling:Void Torrent] Void Eruption, Mind Flay; [talent:7/2,nochanneling:Void Torrent] Void Eruption",
"/castsequence [talent:7/1,nochanneling:Void Torrent] [talent:7/3,nochanneling:Void Torrent] Shadow Word: Death, Mind Blast, Mind Blast, Mind Flay; [talent:7/2,nochanneling:Void Torrent] Shadow Word: Death, Mind Blast, Mind Blast",
"/castsequence [talent:7/1,nochanneling:Void Torrent] [talent:7/3,nochanneling:Void Torrent] Mind Blast, Mind Flay; [talent:7/2,nochanneling:Void Torrent] Mind Blast",
"/castsequence [talent:7/1,nochanneling:Void Torrent] [talent:7/3,nochanneling:Void Torrent] Void Eruption, Mind Flay; [talent:7/2,nochanneling:Void Torrent] Void Eruption",
"/castsequence [talent:7/1,nochanneling:Void Torrent] [talent:7/3,nochanneling:Void Torrent] Shadow Word: Death, Mind Blast, Mind Blast, Mind Flay; [talent:7/2,nochanneling:Void Torrent] Shadow Word: Death, Mind Blast, Mind Blast",
"/castsequence [talent:7/1,nochanneling:Void Torrent] [talent:7/3,nochanneling:Void Torrent] Mind Blast, Mind Flay; [talent:7/2,nochanneling:Void Torrent] Mind Blast",
"/castsequence [talent:1/3,talent:7/1,nochanneling:Void Torrent] [talent:1/3,talent:7/3,nochanneling:Void Torrent] Shadow Word: Void, Mind Blast, Mind Blast, Mind Flay; [talent:1/3,talent:7/2,nochanneling:Void Torrent] Shadow Word: Void, Mind Blast, Mind Blast",
"/castsequence [talent:3/1,talent:7/1,nochanneling:Void Torrent] [talent:3/1,talent:7/3,nochanneling:Void Torrent] Mind Bomb, Mind Flay; [talent:3/1,talent:7/2,nochanneling:Void Torrent] Mind Bomb",
"/cast [talent:6/2,nochanneling:Void Torrent,@cursor] Shadow Crash",
PostMacro=[[
/cast [combat,nochanneling] Mind Flay
]],
}

I am using the new GSE

Flipping their order is all that needs to be done there … what you have done looks fine to me.

Given the different CD’s on those three spells (VT=60s > PI=120s > SF=180s) you might find your macro locks up at times. Also, your reset timer should match that of your longest CD (i.e. 180s).

Additionally, by removing SF from the standard rotation, it will never be cast if you choose the Shadow Crash talent.

Still switching talents based on various situations. Since the BiS trinket I looted recently, I am consistently over 300k.

I am also using GSE, so I’m not sure why importing the macros from the original post does not work for you. :frowning:

Just making sure I understand shadow fiend, but it gives you more insanity to keep you in void form longer right?

[quote quote=38065]Just making sure I understand shadow fiend … it gives you more insanity to keep you in void form longer right?
[/quote]

Actually no. Mindbender increases insanity, Shadowfiend does not.

@Sethadon: I am using the Gnome Sequencer Enhanced : Advanced Macros. do not know why Shadowfiend from the imported macro on your post isn’t working :frowning:

Oh. Well then, good job by you sir. I will use as is. Thanks. My dps is hitting at 160k with 848gs.

I just came across this…tested it out and it appears to be working pretty great! Really amazing work here.

I had a question. I’ve been doing some research and the top SPriests in worldoflogs are using Reaper of Souls. Any reason why you suggest differently?

I don’t suggest differently. In fact, I use RoS quite frequently. :slight_smile:

As per the info. on the original post, these macros are “quite versatile” and can be used with “any talent combination”.

NOTE: If you have copied another version of this macro from one of the later posts in this thread, be aware that those are NOT my original work or recommended talent selections.

Cheers!

PM me a closeup screenshot of the code in the body of your macro, perhaps I can see something that you may have overlooked. Thanks

[quote quote=38086]I just came across this…tested it out and it appears to be working pretty great! Really amazing work here.
[/quote]

The key thing you are missing is the bottom talent.

for Surrender to Madness you have to go with Reaper of Souls, this is because you want to gain as much insanity as possible to stay longer in voidform during S2M.

For Legacy of the Void, you go with Void lord. This is because you want to gain the voidform stacks as often as possible.

These corresponding talent combo are best matched together for better synergy.

@NullError: Agreed. A must pairing.

Furthermore, I would suggest choosing Shadow Word: Void (SWV) OR Fortress of the Mind (FotM) as your Tier 1 Talent AND Power Infusion (PI) as your Tier 6 Talent; all of which provide additional Insanity gains.

For those who don’t know: Voidform Stacks = Haste

@NullError: I agree with you again, but only if we take full advantage of the extended Haste during Lingering Insanity (LI) - the first 8 seconds of Voidform (VF). Which, I mean: Why take Void Lord (VL) if we didn’t plan to do this, right? Otherwise, VL can be a DPS loss.

Meaning, we need to cast Void Torrent (VT) during the first 8 seconds of VF (to maximize its DPS output). Moreover, if we pair PI with these talents and cast it prior to casting VT, we would do even more DPS while LI is active.

Thanks for your input, and Merry Christmas! :slight_smile:

Hey man, im new to GSE.
read through all the posts in hopes of finding a solution to the problem im having but i didnt find one

just got my priest to 110
ilvl 792
talents 2223212
target = bound void walker

so here is my problem, the button wont work unless i start off with ctrl first, then after shadow word: pain and void touch have been applied, the button will only cast mind spike. it doesnt cast mind blast or void eruption. it will literally only cast mind spike. ive tried recopying the original test into the 3 fields in GSE (pre macro, sequences, and post macro) but it still doesnt seem to work properly. while using surrender to madness, it seems to work fine, it appears that everything is casting but due to low ilvl, i cant seem to hold form very long, normally die around 45 stacks. which is why i was wanting to use the mind spikes. i saw people mention “import” so i clicked the button in gse and nothing happened, could my lack of knowledge on importing be the issue?

I have this same issue.

Any plans on updating this for 7.1.5?

Any chance you are going to be able to show how the multiple target macro works? Also right now I am 855 gs and seem to be doing around 170kish DPS.