Shadow Priest - Legion 7.3.5 - GS 2.2.03...

SPriest_MAIN: won’t cast. anyone know why?

Ideally, Shadow Priests should open with Mind Blast; which will put you into combat, thus allowing SPriest_MAIN to start working. Alternatively, you could use SPriest_MAIN in conjunction with your CTRL Key Modifier to open with Shadow Word: Pain / Vampiric Touch instead.

I hope this helps explain things a bit better.

Good luck! ???

I am having a hard time casting Vamparic touch using the CTRL modifier.

This sounds like a Key Mod problem. I suggest seeing if the Key Mod Troubleshooting thread has a solution for you: Troubleshooting Key Modifier Problems... - WoW - WoW Lazy Macros

Just a quick question running it in conjunction with the weak auras, in situations where there are large gaps where shows nothing in what should be pressed, hat do you use? I assume button 2, but curious for times when it asks for button 1 then nothing for several gcds, do I continue to hammer away with 1 until told otherwise or do I switch to 2, as sometime just sticking to 1 would have me waiting for mindblast to come off cd.

Solid question! I guess I never really clarified before; but yes, your assumption is correct - if you are not being prompted to cast something (via the WeakAura notifications) - default to BTN2.

The BTN2 macro will cycle through a basic rotation that includes Mind Flay (our filler spell), that should be cast when everything else is on CD.

I hopes this helps.

Cheers! ???

Thanks for all of your work. I am having problems getting BTN2 macro working. i open with the mb macro and btn2 does nothing. I’ve tried importing it numerous times and it imports fine. What am i doing wrong?
I am getting void eruptions but no mind flay.

Interesting… How fast do you spam the macro? Also, do you spam it manually, or with AHK?
The only thing I can think of: is that maybe it is being spammed to slow, or too fast.

Weird! ???

Hey Sethadon,
would you mind sharing your thoughts, why mind blast & shadow word: death needs to be in a separate macro ? I ask this because your WA unfortunately dont work with the german game client (but it REALY looks good [tried it with changing to engl. for testing]!!).
So my first idea was to put this line 3 times in a row. So it looks :

/cast [combat, nochanneling:Void Torrent] Void Eruption
/cast [nochanneling:Void Torrent] Mind Blast

• shadow word: death somewhere (cant remember now)

I did a test vs SimC and the percentage distribution of the spells pretty match the SimC Results.
The only issues i now have is that by pressing ctrl vampiric touch will get cast 2 times and the alt modifier solution dont work for me anymore ( i guess thats caused by my modification…but i just use VT on a seperate button)

The last thing - i want to thank you for this great macro, the WA and the work you put in here !!

Max

@Sethadon Thank you for helping me to get the macro working. I used the example that you had shown. I had ctrl-1…etc mapped for my pet bar. I just undid the keybinds for those and it works great now. I would like to ask what were your results and Ilvl?

Keep in mind that this set of macros was intended to work with any combination of talents; thus, I tried to account for a variety of different playstyles.

To try and answer your question, I pulled Mind Blast (MB) out of the original all-in-one macro, because I wanted to make better use of the Shadowy Insight talent during PvP play.

As for Shadow Word: Death (SWD), I needed better control over this spell when Surrender to Madness was active.

As well, I should mention that I prefer these spells coded into macros (as opposed to on their own - uncoded), because it allows me to auto-target enemies faster and ensure that I never clip Void Torrent.

Thanks for picking my brain. I only hope this helps explain things better. ???

Glad to hear that your key mod problem has been resolved. ???

Here’s a recent Garothi Simulation via AMR: Not Available

It was a pleasure to me :wink: That clears some question for me…so i dont made something terribly wrong to this macro.
Thanks,

Max

Absolutely brilliant set of macros and love the weak auras and instructions. Thanks so much for your efforts!

No problem. Glad you like. ???

I cant make these macros work. The use of Ctrl and Alt on the macros makes me really hard to use it.

I dont like using Ctrl and alt on macros.

Can you do the macro work without the need of using Ctrl and alt?

It can be done, but the result would likely be quite different from the macros in the OP.

Alternatively, you could remove the lines that use mod:ctrl or mod:alt and place the Vampiric Touch, Shadow Word: Pain and Void Torrent spells on their own Action Buttons - spamming those buttons when prompted instead.

Good Luck! ???

I really like the weakauras, but I can’t say I care for the macros. I do about 1.3m with another persons single button macro and about 1m with this combination of macros and modifiers. It’s probably user error as this combination of macros is rather complicated. Either way, thanks for sharing.

Thats why i say these macros are very complicated to use for people who are not used playing with modifiers. I play with my razer naga and hardly ever touch my keyboard when playing. Totally these macros are not lazy macros xd.

Yea I bound them to my mouse side keys as well, but it’s still kind of a pain. I don’t mind the modifiers, I main a bm hunter and my primary macro has modifiers as well, I just don’t get good numbers out of this set. Loving these weakauras though