Shadow Priest - Legion 7.3.5 - GS 2.2.03...

Hey everybody,

With the new expansion (Battle for Azeroth) coming in September 2018, here’s my final macro/aura set for Legion.

VIDEO:

It is very similar to the advanced set I put out in April last year, with only a handful of minor changes.

The biggest difference this time, is the way the macros line-up more directly with the WeakAuras - which have been completely overhauled.

So without further ado, let’s get to it…

MACROS:

• SPriest_MB:
    Sequences['BTN1'] = {
    -- This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.2.03.
      Author="Sethadon@Shattered Hand",
      SpecID=258,
      Talents = "Any Talent Combination",
      Help = [[This macro simply casts Mind Blast - without interrupting Void Torrent.
    Pressing the CTRL key while spamming the macro will allow you to cast Shadow Word: Pain and Vampiric Touch (or just Vampiric Touch if you have chosen the Misery talent).
    Pressing the ALT key while spamming the macro will allow you to cast Void Torrent.
    NOTE: All Trinket abilities will be cast automatically (on cooldown) by default.]],
      Default=1,
      Icon='Spell_Shadow_ShadowWordPain',
      MacroVersions = {
        [1] = {
          Trinket1=true,
          Trinket2=true,
          StepFunction = "Priority",
          KeyPress={
            "/cast [form:0] Shadowform",
            "/targetenemy [noharm] [dead]",
            "/cast [mod:alt] Void Torrent",
            "/castsequence [mod:ctrl, talent:6/1, nochanneling:Void Torrent] [mod:ctrl, talent:6/3, nochanneling:Void Torrent] reset=target/5  Shadow Word: Pain, Vampiric Touch",
            "/cast [mod:ctrl, talent:6/2, nochanneling:Void Torrent] Vampiric Touch",
          },
          PreMacro={
          },
            "/cast [nochanneling:Void Torrent] Mind Blast",
          PostMacro={
          },
          KeyRelease={
          },
        },
      },
    }

• SPriest_MAIN:
    Sequences['BTN2'] = {
      SpecID=258,
      Help = [[This macro is used to cast Void Eruption/Void Bolt and Mind Flay. As well, it will cast Shadowfiend on cooldown.
    Additionally, it will cast Shadow Crash (towards your mouse cursor) and Shadow Word: Void (on a timed interval) if you have chosen either of these talents.
    Pressing the CTRL key while spamming the macro will allow you to cast Shadow Word: Pain and Vampiric Touch (or just Vampiric Touch if you have chosen the Misery talent).
    Pressing the ALT key while spamming the macro will allow you to cast Void Torrent.]],
      Default=1,
      MacroVersions = {
        [1] = {
          KeyPress={
            "/cast [mod:alt] Void Torrent",
            "/castsequence [mod:ctrl, talent:6/1, nochanneling:Void Torrent] [mod:ctrl, talent:6/3, nochanneling:Void Torrent] reset=target/5  Shadow Word: Pain, Vampiric Touch",
            "/cast [mod:ctrl, talent:6/2, nochanneling:Void Torrent] Vampiric Touch",
          },
          PreMacro={
          },
            "/cast [combat, nochanneling:Void Torrent] Void Eruption",
            "/cast [talent:1/1, combat, nochanneling] [talent:1/2, combat, nochanneling] Mind Flay",
            "/cast [combat, talent:6/1, nochanneling:Void Torrent] [combat, talent:6/2, nochanneling:Void Torrent] Shadowfiend",
            "/cast [combat, nochanneling:Void Torrent, @cursor] Shadow Crash",
            "/castsequence [talent:1/3, combat, nochanneling:Void Torrent, @cursor] Shadow Word: Void, Mind Flay, Mind Flay, Mind Flay",
          PostMacro={
          },
          KeyRelease={
          },
        },
      },
    }

• SPriest_DEFENSIVES:
    Sequences['BTN3'] = {
      SpecID=258,
      Help = [[This is a defensive macro that helps increase your survivability.
    It will cast Power Word: Shield, Shadow Mend, and several other defensive-type spells.
    Additionally, using this macro in conjunction with your CTRL key modifier will cast Vampiric Embrace - increasing group survivability!]],
      Default=1,
      MacroVersions = {
        [1] = {
          KeyPress={
            "/cast [mod:ctrl, combat] Vampiric Embrace",
          },
          PreMacro={
          },
            "/cast Power Word: Shield",
            "/cast [combat] Gift of the Naaru",
            "/cast Shadow Mend",
            "/cast [combat] Healthstone",
            "/cast [combat] Swiftness Potion",
          PostMacro={
          },
          KeyRelease={
          },
        },
      },
    }

• SPriest_PI_MINDBENDER:
    Sequences['BTN4'] = {
      SpecID=258,
      Talents = "Power Infusion or Mindbender",
      Help = [[Depending on the Tier 6 talent you have chosen, this macro will either cast Power Infusion or Mindbender - without interrupting Void torrent.]],
      Default=1,
      MacroVersions = {
        [1] = {
          StepFunction = "Sequential",
          KeyPress={
          },
          PreMacro={
          },
            "/cast [combat, nochanneling:Void Torrent] Power Infusion",
            "/cast [combat, nochanneling:Void Torrent] Mindbender",
          PostMacro={
          },
          KeyRelease={
          },
        },
      },
    }

• SPriest_SWD:
    Sequences['BTN5'] = {
      SpecID=258,
      Help = [[This macro simply casts Shadow Word: Death - without interrupting Void Torrent.]],
      Default=1,
      MacroVersions = {
        [1] = {
          KeyPress={
          },
          PreMacro={
          },
            "/cast [nochanneling:Void Torrent] Shadow Word: Death",
          PostMacro={
          },
          KeyRelease={
          },
        },
      },
    }

WEAKAURAS:

Shadow Priest HUD v3

The WeakAuras can be found at either of the following locations:

• WeakAuras.online --> https://www.weakauras.online/en/c/klx6OK97kn9jvd5
  • Wago.io --> https://wago.io/ryafuxj8M

NOTE: If either of the links above is broken, try to copy and paste it into your browser.

FONT:

The font I use for most of my WeakAuras is called: Neuropol

You can download it for free (and donate - optional) here:

hey what is your ahk speed?

I do not use ahk.

are you pushing manual?

I KeyBind the macros to my NumPad (buttons 1 through 5) - then I smash manually - yes.

looks pretty nice, I have a question though: do you smash them in particular order 1,2,3,4,5 or how do you do it? Im trying to get it to work with AHK

I haven’t been to this website since MoP. Things seem to have gotten much more complicated since then. Before there used to only be 1 macro that you spammed. Now there are multiple macros with ALT and CTRL modifiers. It’s crazy.

In any case, I added the first two to GSE and I just spam them together. I boosted a 110 Shadow Priest today and I’m only 855 on her with no legendary items. Doing 190K to 215K DPS on target dummy just from spamming the two macros. Not 100% where that ranks against other classes at my item level.

I usually open with Mind Blast - BTN1. Alternatively, I sometimes open with Shadow Word: Pain and Vampiric Touch - using the CTRL key modifier in conjunction with BTN1 or BTN2.

During combat, I primarily spam BTN2 - the macro that cycles through our basic rotation.

From there, I simply respond to the WeakAuras that popup on the screen - using BTN1 whenever the Mind Blast WeakAura pops, BTN4 whenever the Mindbender or Power Infusion WeakAura begins to glow, and BTN5 when Shadow Word: Death becomes available.

NOTE: I strongly recommend installing the complete set of associated WeakAuras - they are quite helpful. ???

I only ever use BTN3 when I’m taking heavy damage. It casts Power Word: Shield and Shadowmend, as well as Vampiric Embrace (to provide group heals) if we spam it in conjunction with the CTRL key modifier.

As for getting this to work with AHK - I have no idea how to do that, as I do not use AHK.

I hope this helps a bit.

Good Luck! ???

[quote quote=57606]I haven’t been to this website since MoP. Things seem to have gotten much more complicated since then. Before there used to only be 1 macro that you spammed. Now there are multiple macros with ALT and CTRL modifiers. It’s crazy.
In any case, I added the first two to GSE and I just spam them together. I boosted a 110 Shadow Priest today and I’m only 855 on her with no legendary items. Doing 190K to 215K DPS on target dummy just from spamming the two macros. Not 100% where that ranks against other classes at my item level.[/quote]

Glad to hear this is working for you. ???

Having said that though, I truly recommend trying ALL of these macros in conjunction with the full set of associated WeakAuras. They are quite helpful.

Cheers! ???

ok, let me first thank you again for sharing this! works really great.
I adjusted the macros abit to work in conjunction with a AHK script and you toggles.

Please let me know if you mind me posted the setup here.
I managed 50 stacks on average with my gear and Im missing 3000 haste…so could be way better!

nice macro,what ui is that?

Glad to hear this. ???

[quote quote=57626]I adjusted the macros abit to work in conjunction with a AHK script and you toggles.
Please let me know if you mind me posted the setup here. I managed 50 stacks on average with my gear and Im missing 3000 haste….so could be way better![/quote]

To avoid confusion, it usually works best to post “other work” on a separate thread, and then by all means we can put a link to that work from this thread. - Let’s do it that way. ???

That’s the LUI v3 interface.

Used in conjunction with the following other addons:

• Bartender4
  • Chatsounds 2.0
  • Decursive
  • Details
  • Inflight Taxi
  • Masque (+Renaitre)
  • Scrap
  • WeakAuras2
  • GSE2
  • DBM

of course, no problem. Thats why i asked first and not just through it in here xD
but again! awesome stuff.

It seems to work great! Just trying to mix it with AHK because im over 9000 lazyness! If anyone has any tips, they’re all welcome!

[quote quote=57644]

To avoid confusion, it usually works best to post “other work” on a separate thread, and then by all means we can put a link to that work from this thread. – Would that work for you?

of course, no problem. Thats why i asked first and not just through it in here xD but again! awesome stuff.[/quote]

Any update on this?

Just a question i am using this macro but cant seem to get the ctrl and alt modifiers to work any advice would be welcome thanks :slight_smile:

Try here: Troubleshooting Key Modifier Problems... - WoW - WoW Lazy Macros

Good luck! ???

Hey Sorry im a little confused on how this macro works, and what talents are being used.

How are you using the macros?

I typically use all macros on mousewheeldown because my hands dont keep up with me like they used to,

Im sorry if its a vague question but after watching the video i cant really tell what you are doing.

Not only that but it looks like you are keeping dots up on all targets with out tabbing to them and refreashing. How is that?

Thanks in advance.

Let me begin by saying that these macros are designed to work with any set of talents! So use whatever build you like best - it shouldn’t matter.

Having said that, I believe I was using the most popular talent build at the time the video was made.

As for what I do specifically (in terms of macro usage), the following previous post should help explain: Shadow Priest - Legion 7.3.5 - GS 2.2.03... - Patch 7.0+ - WoW Lazy Macros

What you witnessed was Void Bolt (VB) having been cast frequently enough that Shadow Word: Pain and Vampiric Touch never got a chance to expire; which is totally possible when one is able to sustain sufficient levels of Haste - helping us get in and out of Voidform fast enough to cast VB before the DoTs expire.

I hope this helps explain things a bit better. Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Cheers! ???