Shadow Priest (MoP - 5.4)

For SINGLE TARGET attacks, you will need the following TWO macros:

The MAIN MACRO…

/castsequence reset=0.2 0,0,Mind Blast
/castsequence reset=0.2 0,Shadow Word: Death
/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=target/3 Shadow Word: Pain, Vampiric Touch, Mind Flay, Mind Flay, Mind Flay
/cast !Power Infusion
/cast Shadowfiend

…and the MODIFIED DEVOURING PLAGUE MACRO for when you accumulate THREE SHADOW ORBS:

/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=6 Devouring Plague, Mind Flay, Mind Flay, null
/cast !Power Infusion

When attacking MULTIPLE TARGETS, you will need the following ONE macro:

/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=target/3 0,Mind Sear
/castsequence reset=0.2 Halo
/cast !Power Infusion
/cast Shadowfiend

Additionally, if you ever need to heal yourself while in Shadow specialization, here is a quality SELF HEAL MACRO:

/target <YourPlayerName>
/castsequence reset=0.2 0,0,Flash Heal
/castsequence reset=1.0 0,Prayer of Mending,Renew
/castsequence reset=0.2 Power Word: Shield
/cast !Power Infusion
/cast Shadowfiend

Also, depending on your talents and race, you may want to incorporate the following spell casts into any of the above-mentioned macros:

/cast Gift of the Naaru * HEALING spell, for Draenei race

/cast Fade ** REDUCE DAMAGE spell, if you have chosen to use the Fade Glyph

/cast Spectral Guise *** SURVIVABILITY spell, that will prevent your attacker from targeting you briefly

/cast Void Tendrils **** SURVIVABILITY spell, that should allow you to distance yourself from melee attackers

/cast Vampiric Embrace **** HEALING buff, that allows you and your allies to be healed for 50% of any single-target Shadow spell damage you deal

This sounds pretty nice but I do have a question…
When switching from the main macro to the devouring plague macro, when is it best to go back to the main macro? Sorry if that’s a dumb question, I’m learning!

If you notice, the last command in the DP Macro is , null; technically, with Power Infusion on CD (most likely), this macro should just stop working.

However, if for some reason it continues to cast AFTER TWO MIND FLAYS, just switch back to MAIN then.

Cheers! :slight_smile:

[quote quote=11728]If you notice, the last command in the DP Macro is , null; technically, with Power Infusion on CD (most likely), this macro should just stop working.

However, if for some reason it continues to cast AFTER TWO MIND FLAYS, just switch back to MAIN then.

Cheers! :)
[/quote]

Thanks a bunch for explaining! I’m going to try these out. :slight_smile:

Just tightened up the code a bit; incorporated the DP macro into the MAIN macro. You just have to hold the CTRL key now when you get THREE SHADOW ORBS:

/console Sound_EnableSFX 0
/castsequence [combat, nochanneling] reset=0.2 0,0,0,Fear Ward
/castsequence [combat] reset=0.2 0,0,Mind Blast
/castsequence [combat] reset=0.2 0,Shadow Word: Death
/castsequence [mod:ctrl, nochanneling] reset=6 Devouring Plague, Mind Flay, Mind Flay, null; [nochanneling] reset=target/3 Shadow Word: Pain, Vampiric Touch, Mind Flay, Mind Flay, Mind Flay
/cast [nostance] Shadowform
/cast [combat] Power Infusion
/cast [combat] Vampiric Embrace
/cast [combat] Shadowfiend
/console Sound_EnableSFX 1

Enjoy! :smiley:

[quote quote=11784]Just tightened up the code a bit; incorporated the DP macro into the MAIN macro. You just have to hold the CTRL key now when you get THREE SHADOW ORBS:

/castsequence [combat, nochanneling] reset=0.2 0,0,0,Fear Ward
/castsequence [combat] reset=0.2 0,0,Mind Blast
/castsequence [combat] reset=0.2 0,Shadow Word: Death
/castsequence [mod:ctrl, nochanneling] reset=6 Devouring Plague, Mind Flay, Mind Flay, null; [nochanneling] reset=target/3 Shadow Word: Pain, Vampiric Touch, Mind Flay, Mind Flay, Mind Flay
/cast [combat] Power Infusion
/cast [combat] Vampiric Embrace
/cast [combat] Shadowfiend

Enjoy! :D
[/quote]
Cant get the mod proc to work with 3 orbs I hold ctrl button and nothing happens

It is likely that your CTRL key is bound to something then. Go into Blizzard’s KEY BINDINGS, find the CTRL binding, and click the UNBIND KEY button.

If that doesn’t do it, try the other CTRL key on your keyboard.

I hope that helps. :smiley:

[quote quote=11788]It is likely that your CTRL key is bound to something then. Go into Blizzard’s KEY BINDINGS, find the CTRL binding, and click the UNBIND KEY button.

If that doesn’t do it, try the other CTRL key on your keyboard.

I hope that helps. :D
unbound any keys that where ctrl tried to use either ctrl key all I do is stop casting I do use a keyboard clicker program , stii not sure why it wont work, I copy and paste exact macro in macrotoolkit
[/quote]

It could also be the KEY you are pressing to spam your macro. For instance, if I try to use the SHIFT modifier + NUMPAD 1 (the key I bind this macro to), my keyboard thinks I’m trying to use its END PAGE function (SHIFT + NUMPAD 1) and the macro modifier fails. - Make sense?

There are THREE modifier keys: CTRL, SHIFT and ALT. You could try changing the macro so that your mod key is SHIFT or ALT, instead of CTRL.

Let me know if that helps. :slight_smile:

what talents should I use?

You need SOLACE AND INSANITY to take advantage of the Mind Flay boost, you need POWER INFUSION for the Spell Haste, Damage, and Mana improvements, and HALO for AoE Shadow Damage augmentation.

As for the other three, it’s totally up to you. :smiley:

This is (hands down) THE BEST SINGLE TARGET MACRO for Shadow Priests:

/castsequence [nomod] reset=0.2 0,0,Mind Blast
/castsequence [nomod] reset=0.2 0,Shadow Word: Death
/castsequence [mod:ctrl, combat, nochanneling] reset=3 Devouring Plague, Mind Flay, Mind Flay
/castsequence [nomod, nochanneling] reset=target/3 Shadow Word: Pain, Vampiric Touch, Mind Flay, Mind Flay
/cast [nomod, combat] Power Infusion
/cast [nomod, combat] Vampiric Embrace
/cast [nomod, combat] Shadowfiend
/cast [nomod] Fear Ward
/startattack [combat]

NOTE: It no longer clips MIND FLAY (INSANITY) while holding the CTRL key.

ENJOY! :smiley:

What is the function of [Nochanneling]? Does it prevent things from interrupting your channeling? I would like to write something for Penance so it could be spammable without cutting them short.

Basically, NOCHANNELING controls the spell cast logic as follows:

IF no spells are being channelled (i.e. Penance, Mind Flay, Mind Sear, etc.), cast spell, otherwise do nothing.

Similarly, NOMOD provides similar logic:

IF no modifier keys are being pressed, go ahead and cast this spell, otherwise do nothing.

Make sense?

Hope that helps. :smiley:

I cant get the main attack macro to work. The mind blast doesnt seem to activate but i did ctrl + c and ctrl + v. I’ve also checked it line for line, Any ideas please

[quote quote=11722]This sounds pretty nice but I do have a question…<br>
When switching from the main macro to the devouring plague macro, when is it best to go back to the main macro? Sorry if that’s a dumb question, I’m learning![/quote]

stupid question dont exsist my friend :slight_smile:
after channeling mind flay 2-3 times(when devouring plague has expired)

[quote quote=11661]For SINGLE TARGET attacks, you will need the following TWO macros:

The MAIN MACRO…

/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=target/3 Shadow Word: Pain, Vampiric Touch, Mind Flay, Mind Flay, Mind Flay
/cast !Power Infusion
/cast Shadowfiend

…and the MODIFIED DEVOURING PLAGUE MACRO for when you accumulate THREE SHADOW ORBS:

/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=6 Devouring Plague, Mind Flay, Mind Flay, null
/cast !Power Infusion

When attacking MULTIPLE TARGETS, you will need the following ONE macro:

/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=target/3 0,Mind Sear
/castsequence reset=0.2 Halo
/cast !Power Infusion
/cast Shadowfiend

Additionally, if you ever need to heal yourself while in Shadow specialization, here is a quality SELF HEAL MACRO:

/target <YourPlayerName>
/castsequence reset=0.2 0,0,Flash Heal
/castsequence reset=1.0 0,Prayer of Mending,Renew
/castsequence reset=0.2 Power Word: Shield
/cast !Power Infusion
/cast Shadowfiend

Also, depending on your talents and race, you may want to incorporate the following spell casts into any of the above-mentioned macros:

/cast Gift of the Naaru * HEALING spell, for Draenei race

/cast Fade ** REDUCE DAMAGE spell, if you have chosen to use the Fade Glyph

/cast Spectral Guise *** SURVIVABILITY spell, that will prevent your attacker from targeting you briefly

/cast Void Tendrils **** SURVIVABILITY spell, that should allow you to distance yourself from melee attackers

/cast Vampiric Embrace **** HEALING buff, that allows you and your allies to be healed for 50% of any single-target Shadow spell damage you deal

[/quote]

Hi Sethadon
iam looking for a macro that combines Devouring Plague and mind flay
that will use Devouring Plague when it has 3orbs and otherwise mind flay without using any modifier
do you think a macro like this is possible to make?
thanks.

Hello
the macros above are very nice for lfr but i wont recommend them for flex/normal/heroic raiding because you cant reapply the dots on command(int and trinket procs) or you overwrite better dots with weaker ones
this is what iam using

For orb building + mind flay spam + t6 talent:

#showtooltip Mind Blast
/castsequence reset=0.2 0,0,0,Cascade
/castsequence reset=0.2 0,0,0,Divine Star
/castsequence reset=0.2 0,0,0,Halo
/cast [nochanneling] Mind Flay

For orb spending + burst cooldowns:
NOTE: add your class racial if you have any!

#showtooltip Devouring Plague
/cast !Power Infusion
/cast Shadowfiend

For dotting:

/castsequence Vampiric Touch, Shadow Word: Pain

For healing:
NOTE: add fade if u are using Glyph of Fade

/castsequence [@YOUR NAME] reset=6 Power Word: Shield, Prayer of Mending, Renew

Buffing:

/castsequence reset=5 Power Word: Fortitude, Inner Fire, Shadowform

For AOE:
NOTE: put the tank who’s tanking the adds on your focus taget, you can also swicth [@focus] for [@PLAYER NAME].

/cast [@focus][nochanneling] Mind Sear
or
/cast [@PLAYER NAME][nochanneling] Mind Sear

So … i bought WOD and got a boosted char … i choosed a Priest! im starting to regret this cause i just cant seem to get it to Work!

Im using the macro from this thread… but dps just wont go any higher than 50-60k’ish … can this be right…?

and im using macro like its supposed to be used … but it might be worth mentioning that my mana is hardly used??? it goes Down to 280 or so, but then to full mana Again … seems like something is missing?

My ilvl is atm 513

link to char here: World of Warcraft

[quote quote=12573]So … i bought WOD and got a boosted char … i choosed a Priest! im starting to regret this cause i just cant seem to get it to Work!

Im using the macro from this thread… but dps just wont go any higher than 50-60k’ish … can this be right…?

and im using macro like its supposed to be used … but it might be worth mentioning that my mana is hardly used??? it goes Down to 280 or so, but then to full mana Again …. seems like something is missing?

My ilvl is atm 513

link to char here: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/kazzak/Piitz/simple
[/quote]

if your new to class dont use a macro like this but learn your class first ovale spell priority is a good addon to learn your rotation (if it not works add an updated script or download one)
NOTE: make sure you have enchants ,gems and reforging on your gear dont expect higher damage without
stat prio: Intellect > 15% Spell Hit (Hit | Spirit) > Haste (Breakpoint) > Crit <= Mastery > Haste (Past Breakpoint)
haste breakpoints can be found on how to priest

make sure thats you have your buff active all the time
for talents go for 1,1,3,3,3,3

all in one macros are very fun to use for solo or lfr but otherwise in my opinion dont use them and especially if you are new to class

rotation is very simple

keep your dots on the target at any time refresht at < 2sec ,mind blast on cd ,shadow word: death on cd < 20% ,lvl 90 talent on cd ,devouring plague with 3orbs ,mind flay as a filler (this is just the basic rotation)