[Share Your Story] How WoW Lazy Macros or GSE has helped you or someone else?

We should all thank mrs Lutechi as it takes a special woman to let a lazy guy play games instead of doing housework and other chores :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I fell across the addon some years back, for me… I like the simplicity and it actually makes DPS more fun for me. I have had someone tell me that I’ll never get good DPS with GSE. When I was told this, it just made me more determined to make a macro that was capable of doing a good amount of damage. I’ve topped the DPS meters in Mythic Nyalotha on my BM hunter using GSE. Knowing im using a one button macro makes this all the more fun for me!

The community here is awesome! I love the way people always comment on macro’s I’ve posted, offering constructive critism, suggestions and feedback. I have never experienced any toxicity within the forums.

Thank you to everyone who makes this possible!

5 Likes

My roommate suffers a traumatic brain injury after a car accident. Her reaction times have become sluggish and GSE allows her to play the game still by reducing the amount of buttons she has to deal with and increasing the amount of focus she spends on getting out of the bad in raiding.

Her husband has myasthenia gravis and other disabilities which limit the use of his hands and GSE one button macros allow him to play the game as well.

It’s a great accessibility tool.

1 Like

stroke survivor. left-side paralysis. gse is a godsend and a must
Good show lads!

3 Likes

I suffer heavily from anxiety and having too many buttons to press makes me panic and unable to play even at a mediocre level. GSE and Lazy Macros have helped me focus on mechanics and movement and not stress out so much about complicated rotations, and now I can memorize fewer buttons and be more effective. Thank you guys so much!

2 Likes

As a person with ADHD, remembering rotations and focusing on the fight is extremely difficult so GSE has helped me IMMENSELY!

3 Likes

I started playing WoW way back at the original release and fell in love right away. Previous to that I had been playing Ultima Online. Fast forward to about 5 years ago when I suddenly started getting uncontrollable muscle spasms in my hands. Sometimes they last for a seconds sometimes minutes and even longer now. I was unable to play the game I loved any longer due to the spasms and loss of mobility in my hands and arms. Then I found GSE and WoW Lazy Macros!!! This site has enabled me to play the game again. I am now to a point I can only use the One Button Macros people post but, at least I can play certain classes. For those of you who are wondering I’m 40 and they believe I have early onset Parkinsons so this is only going to get worse. But thank you to all the macro builders and site developers. You have honestly given me the opportunity I never thought I would have again.

1 Like

Since I was 6 I’ve suffered from degenerative arthritis that grows worse as the years go on. I’m to the point now were I am in constant pain and can barely walk and typing requires the aid of some major pain killers.

I used honor buddy for a long time and ended up getting several accounts banned. I finally gave up and tried playing frost mage as It seemed the easiest but was never able to log higher then 9th percentile, keeping me from being able to do M+ and raids with friends. I was on the verge of quitting when our guilds main tank told be about Lazy Macros. Since then I’ve been able to run M +15’s and higher with friends raid mythic nylotha and actually contribute to random bg’s I join.

Combined with AHK I can play pain free without doing more damage to my joints. Without out Lazy Macros I would have given up on my favorite hobby so a big thank you to its creator/s.

2 Likes

So I have played WoW since oh the last year of Vanilla and got into raiding during WotLK. I really loved it but little by little it started getting really hard to do the things I enjoyed due to arthritis starting to develop in my hands. I was going to drop out of the raid team I was in at the time cuz the pain was getting to be just too much and one of my teammates told me about GSE and WoW Lazy Macros and so I checked it out. I am happy to say I am still doing the things I love thanks to this. I actually stream too and when I first started using it I remember getting raided and dogged on when they were able to see I was using a macro cuz “it is cheating” and really means your a crap player. I call BS on that as no one is the same and there are all kinds of reasons for needing something like this. If it helps you to be able to play the game how you want, that is all that matters as far as I’m concerned :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yeah I take pride in writing a good macro instead of the ability to do a rotation. I still have to follow mechanics and use things like interrupts and cc.

If you don’t like others to know you use lazy macros you can use a action bar addon and set it to mouseover.

I use others macro’s as I am not good at making them myself. I don’t really care if others know I am using a macro either. Raiding is more than just your rotation as you just pointed out. I run BrM Tank nowadays and the macro just makes it easier for rotation but all else is still me. My raid team knows I use a macro and has no complaints about the job I do…unless I die cuz umm I chi torpedoed in the wrong direction off a ramp lol

2 Likes

I love it never like to play game with out lazymacros

4 Likes

Back in 2005 I was a passenger in a head on accident. I was thrown through the windshield ( wear your seatbelt) and survived but with multiple injuries and widespread nerve damage. My left foot, knee, wrist, 3 fingers and shoulder all have have been impacted with limited mobility and use. Without GSE I would not be able to play even a basic 5 man instance. MY fingers just don’t move the way they should. Thank you to everyone who has made this thing work and within the EULA.

4 Likes

Fantastic site and addon. without it i very much doubt that i’d be able to carry on playing WoW due to extensive nerve damage in my arm which has rendered lots of motion problems and causes extreme pain.
There is no way i would be able to remain competative without this addon and for this i thank you all

3 Likes

For me it’s easy, i just don’t play wow without gse.Simple.

3 Likes

for me with console port and this it made it way more easier to play woe considering i am disabled so mouse and keyboard were hard not impossible with palsy on left of body so this has truly worked for me and is so helpful thank you dearly.

1 Like

I’ve had ME/CFS for over a decade. Most of the time this leaves me housebound and gives me severe concentration and memory issues. I also get exhausted very quickly with sensory sensitivity, so playing a computer game tires me quickly. The more I can do to limit the amount of energy I spend flicking my eyes from one part of the screen to another, or moving my hands about, the more time I can play.
Using macros like these mean that I can do things like spend several hours at a time levelling that all my friends take for granted. Thank you for all the hard work you put in keeping the game accessible for us.

1 Like

I used to write series of macros for myself and my wife. I stumbled across lazy macro this year. And I been loving it. the addon has helped me write working macros since there has been so many changes on how macros function in the game. But the biggest thing for me, is that it helped my wife play classes that she was not comfortable playing. She never played tank just to much to do and watch while trying to get max effects from spells to help with tanking. Now she is a tanking addict and I rarely have to tank. WOW needs all the tanks that they can get. even if the site helped get just one, that is a step in the right direction. I have recently started to share some of my macros with others I hope that they help others, as some of the macros have helped us. Thank you for all that you do.

2 Likes

I suffer from RSI in my arm so wouldn’t be able to play wow for very long without the help of GSE.

1 Like

I recently had a stroke at 44. While mild, I’m having a lot of mental issues from it (difficulty focusing, can’t multitask anymore, had trouble playing some games, like WoW). A friend suggested I try this site. You’ve given me back the ability to play Warcraft and I can’t thank you enough for that. The macros work so well, I’ve even started enjoying and semi-maining a Monk, which is the hardest class for me to play for some reason. Shadowlands is the expack I’ve looked most forward to in a long while and it was upsetting to think I wouldn’t be able to play due to deficiencies, but thanks to this site I’m having a blast in the Shadowlands.

2 Likes