Shirk MM Simple macro for simple people (Updated 16/01)

@Shirk
Holy shit does the AoE macro work fantastic…but it turns off my in-game combat sounds…

Switched back and forth Lock and Load to Volley-still no in-combat game sounds.
Took out Wild Spirits/Trueshot line-still no in-combat game sounds.
Deleted all the /pause 0.2 lines-still no in-combat sounds.
Deleted and re-imported both AoE and Volley macro’s-still no in-game combat sounds.
All of the spelling looks correct along with the proper spells/abilities for /cast and /castsequence’s.

BUT when I deleted the /click VOLLEYPUMP line the sounds are fine…except my AoE DPS plummets.

I’m really at a loss on how to fix it. But I have to add that I took out the [mod:ctrl] out so it just says /click VOLLEYPUMP. Maybe that’s what’s doing but it’s extremely hard for me to use any kind of [mod:xx]'s for anything.

I should add though if you are using a “/click” function then the MS Click Rate in GSE options should be set to what ever your ms is for SHIRK_MM_AOE macro. And Use External MS Timings should be checked.
e.g. I spam my ST, Opener/Burst and AoE all at .224 (.112 down and .112 up using Razer Synapse) ms so the MS Click Rate ms should be put in at .224.

On a side note:
/cast [nochanneling] Double Tap
/cast [nochanneling] Kill Shot
is redundant.

I would change it to say:
/cast Double Tap
/cast Kill Shot
Both of them have zero effect on Rapid Fire.

Plus, Double Tap wasn’t nearly going off as much as I liked because it wasn’t lining up with Wild Spirits and Trueshot CD’s. If opened correctly all three should fire off almost exactly at the same time:
DT>(AS>)WS>(ArcS)>TS (opener)
Regular rotation:
DT, WS, and TS are on CD.
DT comes off CD then DT is activated.
When DT comes off of CD it’s DT>WS>TS till fight ends.

So I have DT in PreMacro, Sequence, KeyRelease and PostMacro.

“Ctrl + S” disables ingame sounds on the wow client, so something within the macro is triggering that, but even if you disable the hotkey it still triggers it.

I found that having the “Require target to use” option in the settings made it so my sound turned off whenever I used any macro, so I just disable that and angle my camera so I don’t pull further packs.

That was already unchecked…Enabled it and no combat sounds…unchecked it and still the same thing.

It happens as soon as I fire the macro off with zero delay in when it happens-I was hoping that there might be a delay on when the sound triggers off but there is no delay.

Gonna try Discord for maybe some answers.

Fixed the problem. Anyone have the same issue as me read this:

tl;dr: I unchecked “Prevent Sound Errors”.

Macro seems to work pretty well, however the control modifier doesn’t seem to do anything for me ? Any ideas what might cause this ? Also what ms are you running it at? I’m using a Razer naga trinity and allowing razer software to control the timing . Overall happy with the macro , seems to sim pretty well on the dummy , during raid however after looking at logs shows a lot of missing aimed shots for some reason for me

I was going to link this thread for you. Good find. Out of interest I don’t have this issue without the unchecking, unsure why but that’s the fix if you do.

Understood, they’re off the GCD, have removed this now to clean up. Thanks again.

I pre-cast on raids, so I start the cast 2s before countdown timer, effectively giving me a free double Aimed shot before combat. I cast DT/Aimed and then WS/TS (In that order so that the WS GCD isn’t inside the TS window) and then rotation. I’m making an opener macro to cover this stuff and include Agility Pot consumption pre-pull because off boss pulls it’s redundant really and the way you have it with WS/TS first would be better. When I make that I’ll adjust this one.

Those pause commands are what is ensuring my abilities go off in the right order, specifically on opening, could just be a localised issue with my connection. I’ve tried going up and down the ms range but nothing seems to work. This does however for me, mileage may vary.

Correct yes, honestly I left it standard and noticed no difference but if the user wants it to be “perfect” they should do this.

1 Like

I’ve made some changes to AOE and ST (I believe fixing the focus cap and arcane shot/chimaera shot issues), ST now includes the Volley modifier as well, I think I’ll personally just keep it talented most of the time unless I really need to push ST progression.

I’ve noticed that
/petattack
is missing from your new ST macro but it’s included in the AoE.

Personally, I’ve replaced it with:
/petassist [pet]
/cast Dash
/use [pet,@pettarget] Bite
/use [pet,@pettarget] Claw
/use [pet,@pettarget] Smack
from my BM days.

Always, too, I reload (/reload or /rl) my UI after I save any changes I make to a macro. No clue if it helps or not but it just gives me that piece of mind it does.

I have that in my BM macro’s too, will also include it in the next update.

I’ve 100% noticed changes not taking effect unless I reload. Change - save - /rl - open - check. This is my process. Might seem over the top but it’s better than a no save and you spending 5 mins on a dummy just to find out your save didn’t take.

What speed are you running the macro at?
Still can’t get the control modifier to work for arcane dumps

Undecided. My internet connection is a disaster at the moment, after a decade of smooth and trouble free connection it’s currently taking a dump. They’re apparently working on it and it should settle soon™.

But I’d suggest doing what @Deezyl_Fizzlepop has advised and start at 200 and work your way down. Got to put the time in to figure out what works best for you, there’s no one size fits all.

I went down and found my sweet spot at 120, that will change when my connection is sorted but it’s an actual dps gain over 100 for me. I tried under 100 too but it was bad and I like my account so I wont risk it.

Ok thx I’ll give it a try, with the control modifier from your macro on arcane dumps are you just holding the bottom until it fires, ? When I try it it stops all actions and only appears to fire auto shots

looking forward to your openers and further improvement to an already solid macro.
I simmed at 4500 (patchwerk) and on the raider dummy did actually that.
I tried from 200ms to 100ms and found that 180ms was the best for me.
Just curious, does that mean that my internet is good or bad? Or is that to do with my stats like haste etc?

On the latest import of the macro you’ll find it’s actually casting Volley, I removed the arcane dump and just put more into the rotation to compensate. Forgot to change the text on it to show that. I’ve closed the game for the day but will change that tomorrow. I highly suggest Volley for M+ and general content, it’s even useful for some boss encounters. If you don’t have it specced just ignore that modifier. I have found however if I want to force a rapid or Aimed that’s a good way to do it. With no Volley it just goes straight into those two casts immediately.

Best guess is that it’s mostly connection and some haste, I’m sure towards the middle of the expansion when we’re all hast stacked it’ll be faster though, to some extent. There seems to be this overriding believe that faster and faster is better and better. There’s people here running macros at 0 - 40ms and unless the sequence is just jammed full of spells and they’re going for the random castwhateverthefuckisavailable tactic I’m sure they’re just skipping spells like mad and opening themselves up to the wrath of a suspension or ban. No one can click a button that fast, it’s blatant.

The ST macro needs lots of work, I did 14 raid bosses tonight and my damage was medium to weak, depending on the situation and whether I could cheese aoe damage into the fights through adds and mechanics. I’ve been tuning it towards 5 minute dummy escapades and the truth is on a “real” fight you’re broken up by mechanics a few times in that period and effectively start again. I’m going to spend some time tomorrow re-working it into 2 minute bursts to try and maximise damage over a shorter sustained period. I’ll try to match my dps to shorter sims and see what that does in a real scenario.

1 Like

Yeah i did CN H and my dps was v low actually.
I put it down to me doing a lot of mechanics but i am not sure.

Hope you find a good work around , i found the same problem, on a dummy with no movement it sims really well, however in raid I’m sagging behind other hunters , all in all though it’s very good

Opener below:

d8Zrdaqzv9yuEPePDHi12KOomOzQuXBLQMncNwk3eQ8lj1TbOplj7eI9k2TI9tYpHs5Vqj9BknqOOgkKyWegos6GqjMLsL6yeDCLkzHiXsbWIHQwofpek0tPAzk55KAIisMksnzaz6QCreXvHK4zOY1HuBeskBvc1MHs12HI8rij9viPAAOQZjrmsjWDvkJgiJhk4KsqddrDnPY5vQACa13KqEnG6idDqKX9ckeGsXkoCyfBOqccjaeKvOJtdj(50XLsmSWa3kooiZyl(n6MD0HoiYqhez8AguFkXQmzEYRGSIxZG6t)7c9pSxj6hldeCMNOnvBkHSeEo(DResWDCDGdcx8AguFkr)yzGGZ8eTPAtjKLWZXhe(41mO(uI(XYabN5jAt1MsS6kImpFq6IxZG6tj6hldeCMNOnvBkHeChxh447yTu3Pby7IhhfR(WbzgBOZfVGhcuWhh5zah8XP8exWhhG2ujd(40M2a8FYqjoTPna)3kuIx6VhGN4H6p0brgVMb1Ns0pwgi4mprBQ2uIvxrK55dYkEndQpLOFSmqWzEI2uTPeDLlZldcx8AguFkr)yzGGZ8eTPAtjKG746aNlUFpvud9WUMDIJIPznTBF8s)9OyETo0brgV(GMQ)(5bCVs0pwqqdGB9a9qG2YfhG2uTc(4OyECqMXg6GiJxZG6tj6XmdTrBnBkb3c8ItgKv8AguFkXcm4YsUGWfVMb1Ns0JzgAJ2A2uIvzYlEUCXXOfq8WluYLlowqFGSM4oOMb44OQtsXVr3StqwL5ahhhCqdjkCU3GPFUMDcL4K6XoenXfez8DG6dvOce8EGIViVKKLYoPukxffVGNGACVnveVsqdnv)Pe4WPeuqB0NsGnQ)8gLatKUK4fdnniEIxh6CXDQpRqsfKvhFCu)HaJf0gOo05ItYGDRH9y0civ4bX3iA3(qjxUe

Unsure how I’ll incorporate this yet, it’s basically a trueshot window burst and ideally would just be used throughout the fight whenever TS/WS come off CD. I’m leaning towards using the /click command to fire this macro off during the TS window on the ctrl modifier, then letting it go and returning to the main macro. (Deezyl and our other members who are unable to use modifiers for physical reasons will need to get creative. Apologies!)

I’ve spent 2 hours on a dummy making this, moving things around and changing priorities. This went from a pitiful first attempt at 5.9k burst to 9.1k and I could not get it to increase from there, pretty liniar after that.

I think this change will have a profound impact on overall dps, during that TS window I often find the ST macro focus capped or casting multiple redundant Steady Shots. Using this during the TS window will ensure maximum burst and those 2/3 TS windows each fight add up to a significant percentage of our overall dps, especially at the start when BL is usually cast. We’re falling behind other hunters because they are able to prioritize and we haven’t been able to. Not any more kind sirs.

1 Like