Shirk MM Simple macro for simple people (Updated 16/01)

I was going to link this thread for you. Good find. Out of interest I don’t have this issue without the unchecking, unsure why but that’s the fix if you do.

Understood, they’re off the GCD, have removed this now to clean up. Thanks again.

I pre-cast on raids, so I start the cast 2s before countdown timer, effectively giving me a free double Aimed shot before combat. I cast DT/Aimed and then WS/TS (In that order so that the WS GCD isn’t inside the TS window) and then rotation. I’m making an opener macro to cover this stuff and include Agility Pot consumption pre-pull because off boss pulls it’s redundant really and the way you have it with WS/TS first would be better. When I make that I’ll adjust this one.

Those pause commands are what is ensuring my abilities go off in the right order, specifically on opening, could just be a localised issue with my connection. I’ve tried going up and down the ms range but nothing seems to work. This does however for me, mileage may vary.

Correct yes, honestly I left it standard and noticed no difference but if the user wants it to be “perfect” they should do this.

1 Like

I’ve made some changes to AOE and ST (I believe fixing the focus cap and arcane shot/chimaera shot issues), ST now includes the Volley modifier as well, I think I’ll personally just keep it talented most of the time unless I really need to push ST progression.

I’ve noticed that
/petattack
is missing from your new ST macro but it’s included in the AoE.

Personally, I’ve replaced it with:
/petassist [pet]
/cast Dash
/use [pet,@pettarget] Bite
/use [pet,@pettarget] Claw
/use [pet,@pettarget] Smack
from my BM days.

Always, too, I reload (/reload or /rl) my UI after I save any changes I make to a macro. No clue if it helps or not but it just gives me that piece of mind it does.

I have that in my BM macro’s too, will also include it in the next update.

I’ve 100% noticed changes not taking effect unless I reload. Change - save - /rl - open - check. This is my process. Might seem over the top but it’s better than a no save and you spending 5 mins on a dummy just to find out your save didn’t take.

What speed are you running the macro at?
Still can’t get the control modifier to work for arcane dumps

Undecided. My internet connection is a disaster at the moment, after a decade of smooth and trouble free connection it’s currently taking a dump. They’re apparently working on it and it should settle soon™.

But I’d suggest doing what @Deezyl_Fizzlepop has advised and start at 200 and work your way down. Got to put the time in to figure out what works best for you, there’s no one size fits all.

I went down and found my sweet spot at 120, that will change when my connection is sorted but it’s an actual dps gain over 100 for me. I tried under 100 too but it was bad and I like my account so I wont risk it.

Ok thx I’ll give it a try, with the control modifier from your macro on arcane dumps are you just holding the bottom until it fires, ? When I try it it stops all actions and only appears to fire auto shots

looking forward to your openers and further improvement to an already solid macro.
I simmed at 4500 (patchwerk) and on the raider dummy did actually that.
I tried from 200ms to 100ms and found that 180ms was the best for me.
Just curious, does that mean that my internet is good or bad? Or is that to do with my stats like haste etc?

On the latest import of the macro you’ll find it’s actually casting Volley, I removed the arcane dump and just put more into the rotation to compensate. Forgot to change the text on it to show that. I’ve closed the game for the day but will change that tomorrow. I highly suggest Volley for M+ and general content, it’s even useful for some boss encounters. If you don’t have it specced just ignore that modifier. I have found however if I want to force a rapid or Aimed that’s a good way to do it. With no Volley it just goes straight into those two casts immediately.

Best guess is that it’s mostly connection and some haste, I’m sure towards the middle of the expansion when we’re all hast stacked it’ll be faster though, to some extent. There seems to be this overriding believe that faster and faster is better and better. There’s people here running macros at 0 - 40ms and unless the sequence is just jammed full of spells and they’re going for the random castwhateverthefuckisavailable tactic I’m sure they’re just skipping spells like mad and opening themselves up to the wrath of a suspension or ban. No one can click a button that fast, it’s blatant.

The ST macro needs lots of work, I did 14 raid bosses tonight and my damage was medium to weak, depending on the situation and whether I could cheese aoe damage into the fights through adds and mechanics. I’ve been tuning it towards 5 minute dummy escapades and the truth is on a “real” fight you’re broken up by mechanics a few times in that period and effectively start again. I’m going to spend some time tomorrow re-working it into 2 minute bursts to try and maximise damage over a shorter sustained period. I’ll try to match my dps to shorter sims and see what that does in a real scenario.

1 Like

Yeah i did CN H and my dps was v low actually.
I put it down to me doing a lot of mechanics but i am not sure.

Hope you find a good work around , i found the same problem, on a dummy with no movement it sims really well, however in raid I’m sagging behind other hunters , all in all though it’s very good

Opener below:

d8Zrdaqzv9yuEPePDHi12KOomOzQuXBLQMncNwk3eQ8lj1TbOplj7eI9k2TI9tYpHs5Vqj9BknqOOgkKyWegos6GqjMLsL6yeDCLkzHiXsbWIHQwofpek0tPAzk55KAIisMksnzaz6QCreXvHK4zOY1HuBeskBvc1MHs12HI8rij9viPAAOQZjrmsjWDvkJgiJhk4KsqddrDnPY5vQACa13KqEnG6idDqKX9ckeGsXkoCyfBOqccjaeKvOJtdj(50XLsmSWa3kooiZyl(n6MD0HoiYqhez8AguFkXQmzEYRGSIxZG6t)7c9pSxj6hldeCMNOnvBkHSeEo(DResWDCDGdcx8AguFkr)yzGGZ8eTPAtjKLWZXhe(41mO(uI(XYabN5jAt1MsS6kImpFq6IxZG6tj6hldeCMNOnvBkHeChxh447yTu3Pby7IhhfR(WbzgBOZfVGhcuWhh5zah8XP8exWhhG2ujd(40M2a8FYqjoTPna)3kuIx6VhGN4H6p0brgVMb1Ns0pwgi4mprBQ2uIvxrK55dYkEndQpLOFSmqWzEI2uTPeDLlZldcx8AguFkr)yzGGZ8eTPAtjKG746aNlUFpvud9WUMDIJIPznTBF8s)9OyETo0brgV(GMQ)(5bCVs0pwqqdGB9a9qG2YfhG2uTc(4OyECqMXg6GiJxZG6tj6XmdTrBnBkb3c8ItgKv8AguFkXcm4YsUGWfVMb1Ns0JzgAJ2A2uIvzYlEUCXXOfq8WluYLlowqFGSM4oOMb44OQtsXVr3StqwL5ahhhCqdjkCU3GPFUMDcL4K6XoenXfez8DG6dvOce8EGIViVKKLYoPukxffVGNGACVnveVsqdnv)Pe4WPeuqB0NsGnQ)8gLatKUK4fdnniEIxh6CXDQpRqsfKvhFCu)HaJf0gOo05ItYGDRH9y0civ4bX3iA3(qjxUe

Unsure how I’ll incorporate this yet, it’s basically a trueshot window burst and ideally would just be used throughout the fight whenever TS/WS come off CD. I’m leaning towards using the /click command to fire this macro off during the TS window on the ctrl modifier, then letting it go and returning to the main macro. (Deezyl and our other members who are unable to use modifiers for physical reasons will need to get creative. Apologies!)

I’ve spent 2 hours on a dummy making this, moving things around and changing priorities. This went from a pitiful first attempt at 5.9k burst to 9.1k and I could not get it to increase from there, pretty liniar after that.

I think this change will have a profound impact on overall dps, during that TS window I often find the ST macro focus capped or casting multiple redundant Steady Shots. Using this during the TS window will ensure maximum burst and those 2/3 TS windows each fight add up to a significant percentage of our overall dps, especially at the start when BL is usually cast. We’re falling behind other hunters because they are able to prioritize and we haven’t been able to. Not any more kind sirs.

1 Like

Updated the first post to reflect recent changes. I’m interested in your experience with this. It’s obviously not a one button macro now, it’s like a 2 or 3 button but this is what is working best for sure!

1 Like

@Deezyl_Fizzlepop or anyone with experience in this could you help?

If I have these macros on separate buttons or on a modifier or whatever I can only use the Opener macro once.

I can go ST macro - Opener - Main ST macro but when I go back to Opener mid combat it breaks and just fires one spell over and over, usually arcane/chimaera. If I stop and drop out of combat the opener will work again.

I’ve tried messing around with options but I can’t work it out, might be a simple thing?

Here’s my opener:
/cast [@cursor] Wild Spirits
/cast Trueshot

Then I just use the macro(s) as per usual because in a long opener and when it’s time to use it for the second time you never know how much focus you’ll be at and might be focus starved.

Looking at and a very short test (gotta head out to work soon), I moved and deleted the whole KeyRelease spells and moved to Sequence as those were the first things that fire off.

In actual an opener for us should look like this:
THIS IS THE PRE-PULL ROUGHLY TWO SECONDS BEFORE COMBAT STARTS
/cast Double Tap
/cast [nochanneling] reset=combat Aimed Shot
/cast Explosive Shot (if Talented-hint, hint)
/cast [@cursor] Wild Spirits
/cast [@cursor] Volley
or
(/cast [nochanneling] reset=combat Arcane Shot (IF your talent ISN’T Volley)
/cast Trueshot
/cast [nochanneling] reset=combat Aimed Shot
/cast [nochanneling] reset=combat Rapid Fire

Time to go to work. Hope this helps some.

EDITED CAUSE I DERPED AND FORGOT TRUESHOT.

2 Likes

Thank you. Will look into that later when I get on.

I named it wrong, it can be used as an opener but it’s more a burst during the TS window. For that purpose its excellent but only fires once.

Came home on my lunch hour to play with it and kinda no luck.

Thank you for trying but It’s completely broken here now haha, I have however figured out solid solutions and am testing them before updating the main post.

Gimme an hour!

2 Likes

I was really hoping to get more feedback from 1.7k views on Shirk’s awesome macros but it seems no one wants to test them out…