Sub Rogue 7.0.3 Prepatch Macro (Work In Progress)

im gonna test this in the beta at ilvl 835 in the nighthold raid, was doing 113k wich seems low, but everything is firering off everything so works well but low dps

How exactly are you guys getting this to work? For me it doesn’t seem to be doing anything? Or it uses one ability and then just stops? :confused:

Which Gnome Sequencer are you using LeeFlux?

And, like I do sometimes, don’t forget to place the button on both stealthed and non-stealthed key.

The opening DFA with 2 Shadowstrikes is devistating but on a 100 lvl npc won’t one shot them unless you have a 6of6 lvl dagger. Multiple targets with this macro its not great with but when you almost kill one instantly then kinda no problem.

But it still looks like its getting starved by something. I am trying out different talents to see what would be best for this, might be Vigor talent is needed. I’m going to install the DPS meter and see what I get out of it. I’m not using target dummies but in Ashran killing crabs as a base line.

[quote quote=30492]Which Gnome Sequencer are you using LeeFlux?

And, like I do sometimes, don’t forget to place the button on both stealthed and non-stealthed key.

The opening DFA with 2 Shadowstrikes is devistating but on a 100 lvl npc won’t one shot them unless you have a 6of6 lvl dagger. Multiple targets with this macro its not great with but when you almost kill one instantly then kinda no problem.

But it still looks like its getting starved by something. I am trying out different talents to see what would be best for this, might be Vigor talent is needed. I’m going to install the DPS meter and see what I get out of it. I’m not using target dummies but in Ashran killing crabs as a base line.

[/quote]

It’s the energy mechanic and trying to keep 100% uptime on Nightblade (NB), Symbols of Death(SoD) and Enveloping Shadows (ES). I think the issue will be more with ES due to the macro casting it at full 5 combo points (each sequence)to get the 46 second max overlap time up to prevent it from falling off. I’ll revise it to make the combo requirement less greedy on the following sequences so: 5,4,3 (I’ll try to squeeze 2 before refreshing back up to 5 combo points), and we’ll see of the energy pool issue is reduced.

Note:
Keep in mind this is supposed to be a “very fast” killer. Ideally, Once you cast your 1st enveloping shadows, your target should either be dead, or dying from the Nightblade dot. Once enveloping shadows activates, move to the next target. DFA cooldown should be ready for the new sequence, as well as Shadow Dance.

I’ll be tweeking it again tonight, and adding an AOE version that uses the Shadow Dance Buff to it.

Well I have been trying the first and the second macro posted, and they do not seem to be doing anything. ALthough that said, I am rather uneducated when it comes to macros haha, perhaps I am copying it in wrong? And yes I put it on the default action bar and the stealth one :slight_smile:
This is what I copied into the macro;

/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/cast [nostealth,nocombat]Stealth
/castsequence [stealth] reset=target Symbols of Death,Shadowstrike’,
/cast [stealth] Shadowstrike
/castsequence [nostealth,combat,nostance]reset=target Death from Above,Gloomblade,Gloomblade,Nightblade,Gloomblade,Gloomblade,Gloomblade,Enveloping Shadows,Nightblade’,
/castsequence [nostealth] reset=target Death from Above,Gloomblade,Gloomblade,Nightblade,Gloomblade,Gloomblade,Gloomblade,Enveloping Shadows,Nightblade’,
]],

[quote quote=30498]Well I have been trying the first and the second macro posted, and they do not seem to be doing anything. ALthough that said, I am rather uneducated when it comes to macros haha, perhaps I am copying it in wrong? And yes I put it on the default action bar and the stealth one ?
This is what I copied into the macro;

/castsequence [nostealth,combat,nostance]reset=target Death from Above,Gloomblade,Gloomblade,Nightblade,Gloomblade,Gloomblade,Gloomblade,Enveloping Shadows,Nightblade’,
/castsequence [nostealth] reset=target Death from Above,Gloomblade,Gloomblade,Nightblade,Gloomblade,Gloomblade,Gloomblade,Enveloping Shadows,Nightblade’,
]],

[/quote]

Are you trying to put this as a macro or into a Gnome Sequencer addon ?

OK I did see some code errors that may also prevent rotations from happening.

should read
/castsequence [stealth] reset=target Symbols of Death,Shadowstrike,
take out the close quote at end of the line
/castsequence [nostealth,combat,nostance]reset=target Death from Above,Gloomblade,Nightblade’,
same thing take out the closee quote at end of line before comma
/castsequence [nostealth,combat,nostance]reset=target Death from Above,Gloomblade,Nightblade,
same for next line too
/castsequence [nostealth] reset=target Gloomblade,Gloomblade,Enveloping Shadows’,
fixed below
/castsequence [nostealth] reset=target Gloomblade,Gloomblade,Enveloping Shadows,

this is all in the premacro area.

So whole macro should be this

Sequences['SubLegion'] = {
specID = 261,
author = "Shierkahn",
helpTxt = "Subtlety - Talent: 3121133",
StepFunction = GSStaticPriority,
PreMacro = [[
/castsequence [nostealth,combat,nostance]reset=target Death from Above,Gloomblade,Gloomblade,Nightblade,Gloomblade,Gloomblade,Gloomblade,Enveloping Shadows,Nightblade,
/castsequence [nostealth] reset=target Death from Above,Gloomblade,Gloomblade,Nightblade,Gloomblade,Gloomblade,Gloomblade,Enveloping Shadows,Nightblade,
]],                                 	                                                             
        '/castsequence reset=target Death from Above,Gloomblade,Gloomblade,Nightblade,Gloomblade,Gloomblade,Gloomblade,Enveloping Shadows,Nightblade', 
        '/castsequence [nostance,nostealth] reset=target Death from Above,Gloomblade,Gloomblade,Nightblade,Gloomblade,Gloomblade,Gloomblade,Enveloping Shadows,Nightblade',                      
        '/cast [combat,nostealth] Shadow Dance',
        '/cast [combat,nostealth] Symbols of Death',
        '/cast [combat,nostealth] Shadowstrike',
        '/cast [combat,nostealth] Shadow Blades',
        '/cast [combat,nostealth] Death from Above',                  
PostMacro = [[
/use [combat]11
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14
]],
}

with the fixes done…

[quote quote=30500]OK I did see some code errors that may also prevent rotations from happening.

should read
take out the close quote at end of the line
/castsequence [nostealth,combat,nostance]reset=target Death from Above,Gloomblade,Nightblade’,
same thing take out the closee quote at end of line before comma
/castsequence [nostealth,combat,nostance]reset=target Death from Above,Gloomblade,Nightblade,
same for next line too
/castsequence [nostealth] reset=target Gloomblade,Gloomblade,Enveloping Shadows’,
fixed below
/castsequence [nostealth] reset=target Gloomblade,Gloomblade,Enveloping Shadows,

this is all in the premacro area.

So whole macro should be this

specID = 261,
author = "Shierkahn",
helpTxt = "Subtlety - Talent: 3121133",
PreMacro = [[
/castsequence [nostealth,combat,nostance]reset=target Death from Above,Gloomblade,Gloomblade,Nightblade,Gloomblade,Gloomblade,Gloomblade,Enveloping Shadows,Nightblade,
/castsequence [nostealth] reset=target Death from Above,Gloomblade,Gloomblade,Nightblade,Gloomblade,Gloomblade,Gloomblade,Enveloping Shadows,Nightblade,
]],                                 	                                                             
        '/castsequence reset=target Death from Above,Gloomblade,Gloomblade,Nightblade,Gloomblade,Gloomblade,Gloomblade,Enveloping Shadows,Nightblade', 
        '/castsequence [nostance,nostealth] reset=target Death from Above,Gloomblade,Gloomblade,Nightblade,Gloomblade,Gloomblade,Gloomblade,Enveloping Shadows,Nightblade',                      
PostMacro = [[
/use [combat]11
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14
]],
}

with the fixes done…

[/quote]

Thanks for completing my homework for me tonight! I wanna tweek it a bit for the Nightblade uptime. Also there are just a few moments where the sequence hangs for a few seconds. It’s still running, but there is no output at max combo points and max energy. I’ll be working from THIS revamp though. Thanks again Crom!

Oh silly me, I was trying this in the ingame macros and not through GnomeSequencer haha. I have now set it up through GS and it seems to be working well :slight_smile:

-Edit-
It does however though seem to be using death from above with 2/3 combo points at the start and not keeping Symbols of death up. (At least for me anyway) :slight_smile:

[quote quote=30503]Oh silly me, I was trying this in the ingame macros and not through GnomeSequencer haha. I have now set it up through GS and it seems to be working well ?

-Edit-
It does however though seem to be using death from above with 2/3 combo points at the start and not keeping Symbols of death up. (At least for me anyway) ?

[/quote]

Working on that as we speak.

Sidenote: I am trying to add: /run PlaySoundFile(“Sound\Creature\MedivhsEcho\ChessMedivhCheats01.ogg”) for the moment the 1st sequence ends, as a queue to switch targets. Any tips?

No clue for the sound thing, but ya welcome for the cleanup. Like LeeFlux says it does do low DFA at the start. If DFA had 5 cp’s it surely would be as close to a one shot burst macro as you could get.

Now I will say if I’m hitting anything lower level than me then this kills instantly. Great for leveling…no so much for raids…or pvp…

UPDATE w/AOE

specID = 261,
author = "Shierkahn",
helpTxt = "Subtlety - Talent: 3211133",
PreMacro = [[
/castsequence [stealth] reset=target Symbols of Death,Shadowstrike,Shadowstrike
/cast [stealth] Cheap Shot
/castsequence [nostealth] reset=target Gloomblade,Gloomblade,Nightblade,Gloomblade,Gloomblade,Gloomblade,Enveloping Shadows,Nightblade,
]],                                 	                                                             
        '/castsequence reset=target Gloomblade,Gloomblade,Nightblade,Gloomblade,Gloomblade,Gloomblade,Enveloping Shadows,Nightblade', 
        '/castsequence [nostance,nostealth] reset=target Gloomblade,Gloomblade,Nightblade,Gloomblade,Gloomblade,Gloomblade,Enveloping Shadows,Nightblade',                      
PostMacro = [[
/use [combat]11
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14
]],
}

Sequences['SubLgAOE'] = {
specID = 261,
author = "Shierkahn",
PreMacro = [[
/castsequence [stealth] reset=target Symbols of Death,Shadowstrike
/castsequence [nostealth,combat,nostance]reset=target Death from Above,Shuriken Storm,Shuriken Storm,Nightblade,Shuriken Storm,Shuriken Storm,Shuriken Storm,Enveloping Shadows,Nightblade,
/castsequence [nostealth] reset=target Shuriken Storm,Shuriken Storm,Shuriken Storm,Nightblade,Shuriken Storm,Shuriken Storm,Enveloping Shadows,Nightblade,
]],                                 	                                                             
        '/castsequence reset=target Shuriken Storm,Shuriken Storm,Shuriken Storm,Nightblade,Shuriken Storm,Shuriken Storm,Shuriken Storm,Enveloping Shadows,Nightblade', 
        '/castsequence [nostance,nostealth] reset=target Shuriken Storm,Shuriken Storm,Shuriken Storm,Nightblade,Shuriken Storm,Shuriken Storm,Shuriken Storm,Enveloping Shadows,Nightblade',                      
PostMacro = [[
/use [combat]11
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14
]],
}

Removed DFA from all sequences “except” the opening. This should allow you to change targets without a full lockup.If it locks uo, just re-target to clear the script or Vanish to restart with burdt.

The AOE is similar to the single target macro, but does not appear to lock up much and spammable, but watch your energy.

updated to shorten AOE name

Change your name of the AOE macro to 8 letters long, its the max you can have… I tested shortly both of the macros and I think yes no lockups, smoother rotation, but less bursty.

Bed time for me its 4am…:frowning:

I tested this all this afternoon in Nagrand and its does very nice. Even with same lvl npcs and did very well with. I haven’t done any dungeons or raids in years so can’t help with that sort of input. I will get a dps meter setup tonight to give you some stats…

Again, thanks for making my rogue usable again !!

Hey Mate, thank u very much - this works great in PVP!
Can u add Kidney Shot to the SubLegion-Rotation?

Hy i realy need a pvp macro for sub 1231111 i tried to edit thys one but no luck on that.
Thanks.

Been testing this on dummy for the last hour and not a single shadowstrike , only time shadowstrike lands is if you vanish

[quote quote=31590]Been testing this on dummy for the last hour and not a single shadowstrike , only time shadowstrike lands is if you vanish
[/quote]

That’s because of the following:

this line launched stealth if shadow dance was available.

these two never launched because they were looking for no stealth mode and have to have stealth.

the following is the fix, and I might add doesn’t lock up as much as before but I’m also running Viral talent for the plus 50 energy. all other talents are the same as authors.

specID = 261,
author = "Shierkahn",
PreMacro = [[
/castsequence [stealth] reset=target Symbols of Death,Shadowstrike,Shadowstrike
/cast [stealth] Cheap Shot
/castsequence [nostealth] reset=target Gloomblade,Gloomblade,Nightblade,Gloomblade,Gloomblade,Gloomblade,Enveloping Shadows,Nightblade,
]],                                 	                                                             
        '/castsequence reset=target Gloomblade,Gloomblade,Nightblade,Gloomblade,Gloomblade,Gloomblade,Enveloping Shadows,Nightblade', 
        '/castsequence [nostance,nostealth] reset=target Gloomblade,Gloomblade,Nightblade,Gloomblade,Gloomblade,Gloomblade,Enveloping Shadows,Nightblade',                      
        '/cast [combat,stealth] Symbols of Death',
        '/cast [combat,stealth] Shadowstrike',
PostMacro = [[
/use [combat]11
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14
]],
}

I edited the [combat,nostealth] on those two lines to [combat,stealth]

I also switched DFA and Shadow Blades places since it made more since to me to have the longest cooldown at the end of the sequences.

any updates on this

By the way this macro don t use shadowstrike at all. And shadowstrike is ur main spell to dps so if u can switch gloomblade by shadowstrike when the Shadow dance is on that would be an awnsome macro