Survival Hunter One Button Macros (Newest)

closed…

I tested these last night in heroic spoils, and was topping out still top 3 dos at 389k sustained. I am going to work with it because I was having a lot off issues with prods when Lust was popped or I got a burst from my own abilities of haste. It seems to just skip them. I will tweak these and have them all updated this weekend. I hope everyone is enjoying these macros again and I really appreciate all of your feedback from everyone. It helps all of us come up with better macros as a group.

Thank you…

Survival doesn’t have Steady Shot. =P Just teasing you. I am going to do a test on the target dummy no buff or pre-pot. I’m going to put it up against my current macro and do multiple 5 minute fights with each to give me an idea on which on performs better.

Note that I am only 550 and only have my 2p.

With your macro

Run 1: Burst- 310,000, Sustained- 190,000 over 5 minutes on boss dummy
Run 2: Burst- 390,000, Sustained- 181,000 over 5 minutes on boss dummy
Run 3: Burst- 396,000, Sustained- 192,000 over 5 minutes on boss dummy

Average burst: 365,000
Average sustain: 187,000

What I noticed with your macro is that I’ll get focus starved about 3 times over the 5 minute fight. It also likes to skip some abilities, I found that once in awhile it wouldn’t cast Explosive Shot even though it was off cool down for a good 10 seconds or so. Just for comparison I will run my macro 3 times and post results below.

My macro

Run 1: Burst- 395,000, Sustained- 197,000 over 5 minute boss dummy
Run 2: Burst- 393,000, Sustained- 191,000 over 5 minute boss dummy
Run 3: Burst- 398,000, Sustained- 194,000 over 5 minute boss dummy

Average burst: 395,000
Average sustained: 194,000

In all honesty, it’s not that much of a difference. Also, like you said before, it depends from person to person. One thing I do like about your macro is that Explosive Shot usage is between 28% to 30% with your macro. Where as mine It’s between 26% and 28%. I think the reason mine came out ahead is because I wasn’t being focus starved.

I can’t wait to see your tweaked version in the coming weeks. =)

@Adrian

Hey thanks man. I appreciate all the time you spent testing it out. The tweaked version is coming along nice. I just have a couple more things that I need to fix and should be good to go.

Beef.

Adrian would you mind posting your Survival Macro so we can see it also, thanks

Hello, i have problems with your macro by Black Arrow, i dont know why but your macro didnt use my Black Arrow, maybe you know where is problem?

@Shenzy,

Try replacing it with this.

/castsequence [nomod]reset=0.6 0,0,0,0,0,0,!Black Arrow

Thanks,

Beef

Hi Beef,

I’m experiencing some focus starving. I wonder if there is a way to write down a macro which works with ToTH instead of Fervor.

This is my toon by the way

@infinityz

[quote quote=13619]Hi Beef,

I’m experiencing some focus starving. I wonder if there is a way to write down a macro which works with ToTH instead of Fervor.

This is my toon by the way
[/quote]

I can definitely make you a new macro for any spec that you would like. I am going to test my new survival macros as well as make one for you changing ToTH and test that as well. I have no issues with getting focus starved, I am always over 30% no matter what So I will look into the situation and have them posted this evening. Thank you guys for your comments.

Beef,

Aimed shot ?

hello,

I really like this macro but I was wondering about the settings, atm my world nad home MS are around 5 to 10 maybe a bit higher sometimes but it never gets higher than 15ms, any suggestions whats the best to change in the macro?

@ Shannon

This is a Survival Hunter thread Shannon. If you are looking for a Aimed Shot macro section please visit the Macros for Marksman Hunters.

Thanks
Beef

[quote quote=13641]@ Shannon

<div class="d4p-bbt-quote-title">Shannon Baines wrote:</div> Aimed shot ?
This is a Survival Hunter thread Shannon. If you are looking for a Aimed Shot macro section please visit the Macros for Marksman Hunters.

Thanks
Beef

[/quote]

I think he’s trying to tell you that u included “Aimed Shot” in your Macro and your Glyphs options.

Some of the macros included in the original post are for MM hunters, and not optimized for the talents you show (you advise taking ToTH as a talent but your macro has Dire Beast).

I love your macros, but I don’t love playing BM so I’d love to see what you have for us SV hunters.

@Hunter

Yea surprisingly enough I really don’t change a lot of glyphs except for when I am personally using my macros. I have been testing everyones macros so I might have forgot to take that out, so if that is the case thank you.

Beef

[quote quote=13656]/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/castsequence reset=target Serpent Sting,null
/castsequence [nomod]reset=0.6 0,0,0,0,0,0,0,!Explosive Shot
/castsequence [nomod]reset=0.6 0,0,0,0,0,!Glaive Toss
/castsequence [nomod]reset=0.6 0,0,0,0,Kill Shot
/castsequence [nomod]reset=0.6 0,0,0,Explosive Shot
/castsequence [nomod]reset=0.6 0,0,A Murder of crows
/castsequence [nomod]reset=0.6 0,Explosive Shot
/castsequence [nomod]reset=combat Arcane Shot,Cobra Shot,Cobra Shot
/cast !Dire Beast
/use !Rabid (Put Pet Talent Here)
/use Rapid Fire
/use Gloves of the Unblinking Vigil[/quote]

Since I last tested your first macro, I have gotten some decent upgrades. Thought I would test your new updated macro. From one 5 minute run, I burst around 420,000 and sustained around 225,000 on target dummy. One thing I did notice when playing with this macro, it tends to not use all the Lock n Load procs, especially if you get a long string of free Explosive Shots from the 4p bonus. But since I have gotten my 4p, I’ve been manually casting Explosive Shot when Lock n Load is up so I know I will get the full usage of my 4p bonus.

Also note that I use Fervor over Dire Beast, mainly because when using Dire Beast on fights where you need to switch targets a lot, you run out of Focus really fast. Overall nice macro, I will be testing this one in raids.

@ Adrian

Thanks for the comment. I appreciate the input, its back and forth through players and back to us trying got make the macros that makes everything about this site great. I would really like to see your changes and maybe private message me your brag so we could compare our burst and sustained timers together to show you that everything does proc. I would also love to see your Armory if you don’t mind. And yet again I say that everything changes with MS, ping, play style, player, macro, lag and just that alone can mess up the macro especially when you are casting the explosive shot manually because the macro itself sometimes screws up and gets jammed and instead of starting the macro at 100% focus and complete the rotation so you are not focus starved it might start at 30% or lower then it completely messes up everything. I am definitely still testing everything and I will be more than happy to make personal ones for you based on the fact that you use Fev.

Thank you so much for the feedback and all of the comments. I appreciate all of them.

Beef.

TALENTS: 1,1,2,3,1,1

/cast [combat] Dire Beast

huh? Ok, what am I not understanding here?

(MJ) GLYPHS: NO ESCAPE, CHIMERA SHOT, AIMED SHOT

these for survival, or marksman?

Hi Beef,

i have some problem with Black Arrow and Glaive Toss other thing like Dire Beast and A Murder of crows and use Lock and Load its all perfect but just dont shot (Black Arrow and Glaive Toss) i must do them Manuel any idea let them work?

/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/castsequence reset=target Serpent Sting,null
/castsequence [nomod]reset=0.6 0,0,0,0,0,0,0,!Explosive Shot
/castsequence [nomod]reset=0.6 0,0,0,0,0,!Glaive Toss
/castsequence [nomod]reset=0.6 0,0,0,0,Kill Shot
/castsequence [nomod]reset=0.6 0,0,0,Explosive Shot
/castsequence [nomod]reset=0.6 0,0,A Murder of crows
/castsequence [nomod]reset=0.6 0,Explosive Shot
/castsequence [nomod]reset=combat Arcane Shot,Cobra Shot,Cobra Shot
/cast !Dire Beast
/use !Rabid  <em>(Put Pet Talent Here)</em>