TL's Ret Macro

This will be the updated version of DB_Ret in the next release but uploading here.

At 30 ranks on Ashbringer and about 860 iLevel this was doing 350k on H Ursoc.

Note: This will improve as my Ashbringer path has bypasses all the ST abilities going to Fury of Ashes then down the blade to Divine Tempest. This is not the optimal path as defined on IcyVeins but I an unwilling to spend AP to reset. If you followed ICYVeins path you should have higher numbers than I got.

Soloing I use Justicar’s Vengeance but in raids i use Eye for an Eye.

Sequences['SAM_Ret'] = {
  Author="TimothyLuke",
  SpecID=70,
  Icon='INV_MISC_QUESTIONMARK',
  Lang="enUS",
  Talents="1112111",
  Helplink="https://wowlazymacros.com/forums/topic/tls-ret-macro/",
  Help="TimothyLukes Ret Mcros.  The Raid and Mythic versions do not have the cooldowns enabled.  The PVP version adds Hand of Hinderance to slow playes after they have taken a few hits.",
  Default=1,
  Raid=2,
  PVP=3,
  Mythic=2,
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
      StepFunction = "Priority",
      SoundErrorPrevention=true,
      Trinket1=true,
      Trinket2=true,
      KeyPress={
        "/targetenemy [noharm][dead]",
        "/cast Avenging Wrath",
        "/cast Shield of Vengeance",
      },
      "/cast [talent:5/1] Justicar's Vengeance; [talent:5/2]Eye for an Eye",
      "/cast Templar's Verdict",
      "/cast Judgment",
      "/cast Blade of Justice",
      "/cast Wake of Ashes",
      "/cast Crusader Strike",
      KeyRelease={
      },
    },
    [2] = {
      Target=true,
      Combat=true,
      Trinket1=false,
      Trinket2=false,
      Ring1=false,
      Ring2=false,
      KeyPress={
      },
      "/cast Judgment",
      "/cast Crusader Strike",
    },
    [3] = {
      Target=true,
      Head=true,
      KeyPress={
        "/cast Avenging Wrath",
      },
      "/cast Judgment",
      "/cast Hand of Hindrance",
      "/cast Wake of Ashes",
      "/cast Crusader Strike",
      KeyRelease={
      },
    },
  }
}

Sequences['SAM_RetAOE'] = {
  Author="TimothyLuke",
  SpecID=70,
  Icon='INV_MISC_QUESTIONMARK',
  Lang="enUS",
  Talents="1112111",
  Helplink="https://wowlazymacros.com/forums/topic/tls-ret-macro/",
  Default=1,
  Raid=2,
  PVP=3,
  Mythic=2,
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
      SoundErrorPrevention=true,
      Trinket1=true,
      Trinket2=true,
      KeyPress={
        "/cast Avenging Wrath",
      },
      "/cast Divine Storm",
      "/cast Judgment",
      "/cast Wake of Ashes",
      "/cast Crusader Strike",
      KeyRelease={
      },
    },
    [2] = {
      Target=true,
      Combat=true,
      Trinket1=false,
      Trinket2=false,
      Ring1=false,
      Ring2=false,
      KeyPress={
      },
      "/cast Divine Storm",
      "/cast Judgment",
      "/cast Crusader Strike",
    },
    [3] = {
      Target=true,
      Head=true,
      KeyPress={
        "/cast Avenging Wrath",
      },
      "/cast Divine Storm",
      "/cast Judgment",
      "/cast Hand of Hindrance",
      "/cast Wake of Ashes",
      "/cast Crusader Strike",
      KeyRelease={
      },
    },
  }
}

I’m confused, which happens often :stuck_out_tongue:
There’s 8 numbers in the talent choice section, and I can’t figure out how to make them fit with having Blade of Justice as castable. :slight_smile:

Typonese - updated

Hey TL, I like the new Macro. One thing you should really try out is Crusader over divine purpose. When paired with avenging wrath the burst damage is incredible.

I had a look - over time though (ie 4-5 mins) they seemed to even out. I’ll do some more experiments.

Crusade doesn’t line up with Avenging Wrath as it replaces it and come 7.1 Crusade is as of yet going to be nerfed to not stack aswell as it does now.

Great macro, coming from Prot with a ret offspec this really puts me up in the top end of the meters in raids, and #1 with a bullet in mythic dungeons.

I made some changes over the last couple days and figured I would share. I removed:
Avenging Wrath
Shield of Vengeance
Justicar’s Virtue/Eye for an Eye
Wake of Ashes

Avenging Wrath: if you time it with Heroism, or need to burn adds on a boss phase.

Shield of Vengeance: is a great defensive CD, and can be huge spike damage if timed correctly on trash pulls, or add phases on bosses. This should not be macro’d IMO. You will drastically increase your DPS by manually popping this.

Justicar’s Virtue: Maybe I was doing something wrong, but the macro would never cast this for me unless I cheesed it and stacked 5 HP really quick manually before it could fire off Templar’s Verdict or Divine Storm. I removed this and use it directly now instead in conjunction with Wake of Ashes for some burst self healing on command. This little combo attack has saved me so many times and allows me to pull WQ mob areas like a tank.

Eye for an Eye: I rarely use this anymore. It’s nice for when you are solo, but in groups I always have a decent tank, so any damage I am taking is from AoE. I feel Justicar’s Virtue is superior in both group and solo play when used in conjunction with Wake of Ashes (with the gold trait, Ashes to Ashes to generate 5 HP on demand every 30 seconds).

Wake of Ashes: As explained above this is best kept out of a macro for two primary reasons.

1. It’s a short frontal cone AoE, so you need to position yourself before use. I found that it often fired off without any targets if I was avoiding a mechanic and wasted it.
  2. Use it in conjunction with Justicar’s Virtue. I cannot stress this enough. It’s a great DPS tool, and heal. Out in the world against WQ mobs you can gimp a mob every 30-45 seconds.
Sequences['DB_Ret'] = {
author="Draik@Nagrand",
specID=70,
helpTxt = "Talents: 1132112",
StepFunction = GSStaticPriority,
icon='INV_MISC_QUESTIONMARK',
lang="enUS",
PreMacro=[[
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
"/cast Judgment",
"/cast Crusader Strike",
PostMacro=[[
]],
}

Sequences['DB_RetAoE'] = {
author="Draik@Nagrand",
specID=70,
lang="enUS",
PreMacro=[[
"/cast Divine Storm",
"/cast Judgment",
"/cast Crusader Strike",
PostMacro=[[
]],
}

@Kindread

I cannot get your macro to load. I typed it all out. still cannot get it to load correctly. unless there is something wrong in the file it self throwing it all off.

It had missing brackets at the premacro line

Sequences['DraikRet'] = {
author="Draik@Nagrand",
specID=70,
lang="enUS",
PreMacro=[[
]],
"/cast Judgment",
"/cast Crusader Strike",
PostMacro=[[
]],
}

Sequences['DraikRetAoE'] = {
author="Draik@Nagrand",
specID=70,
lang="enUS",
PreMacro=[[
]],
"/cast Divine Storm",
"/cast Judgment",
"/cast Crusader Strike",
PostMacro=[[
]],
}

If I import this in GSSE, it doesn’t create a macro for it?

I’m new at this,I play Prot but sometimes want to let others rotate in to tank.I installed the base addon with the included macros,it works,but I have no idea how to tell what talents to use,and in the case of trying a new macro like this one,how to install it and again,what talents are needed? Thank you for your help,I’m an old grand ma with low tech skills so maybe I just don’t understand something.

Hi JoAnn, if you are using GSSE and would like to use other people’s macros posted here, you’ll need GS-E myMacros Addin Pack and Notepad++ to paste the macros into (just make sure you post them below the dotted lines and save the document).
I’m horrible at explaining things… lol I’m more of a shower than a grower.

As far as talents, once you’ve pasted the macro you want to try into the right file…if you did it before firing up the game, just press /gs and it should show up in you list (if during game, just /reloadui and then /gs).
Most of them will have names, authors and talent listed and shown in chat window (example Talents: 1132211).

Don’t use myMacros - it’s throwing errors with 7.1. If you don’t have it don’t get it. Save yourself a lot of pain.

In game /gsse brings up the macro viewer. From there you can edit, create new from scratch, import from here or record a new macro. It saves each version when you edit so you can go forward and back through your edits. The Mmanage Versions button allows you to switch or delete versions. Changes are immediate ie you don’t need to reload and it will prevent syntax errors if you are not used to lua coding.

I had no idea, TL…I hadn’t had any problems 9except the “Item is not ready yet”), but I already had it before patch. It’s good to know I can just use the editor now.

Hello … I like your macro, but there is one thing… I like to use my trinkets and ´Avenging Wrath´ on my own. Deleting the AW from rotation was easy but I can´t find the line where trinkets got used. Is it possible to take those trinkets out from that rotation? Sorry for my english.

Go to Interface in the game menu, select addons, then check the GS-E settings because by default it automatically adds trinkets that have a /use into the macro, so if you prefer manual control you’ll need to untick the boxes.

I feel really stupid,I just can’t get this work.I open the Macro viewer with /GSSE and paste the copied macro in and click “Import”. Then what? I do this and close it and the macro does not show up,so I must be doing something wrong.

Update: Immediately after posting I found my mistake,I had copied the macro with the numbers on each line,it all works now,TYVM!

Heya TL, had to do some editing on your original macro’s – Shield of Vengeance needed a ! in front of it to fire off correctly, and I also noticed the macro’s hang on Justicar’s Vengeance for some reason; it never fires…due to lack of HoPo buildup? unsure…

edit*

It seems that JV is working correctly in the AoE macro, but in the single target, it just never gets around to firing off while you have 5 HoPo and the HoPo gets wasted by another ability in the rotation.

@optimus13 Check your haste. You need to be at 20% for this to fire on time. also /gsse debug is your friend to see why somehting is not firing. If you have the talent set listed - it has Eye for and Eye rather than JV. I swap between these two leaning more towards EfaE.

Sitting at 24% Haste, using your suggested talents – EfaE is a DPS loss, but does give you survivability true, but i’d rather have the DPS.

DB_RetAoE,1,Justicar’s Vengeance,

Not Able to Cast,Resources Not Available

,GCD Free,Not actively casting anything else.
DB_RetAoE,2,Divine Storm,Not Able to Cast,Resources Not Available,GCD Free,Not actively casting anything else.
DB_RetAoE,3,Judgment,Able To Cast,Resources Available,GCD Free,Not actively casting anything else.
DB_RetAoE,4,Blade of Justice,Able To Cast,Resources Available,GCD Free,Not actively casting anything else.
DB_RetAoE,5,Wake of Ashes,Able To Cast,Resources Available,GCD Free,Not actively casting anything else.

DB_RetAoE,2,Divine Storm,Able To Cast,Resources Available,GCD Free,Not actively casting anything else.
DB_RetAoE,3,Judgment,Able To Cast,Resources Available,GCD Free,Not actively casting anything else.
DB_RetAoE,4,Blade of Justice,Able To Cast,Resources Available,GCD Free,Not actively casting anything else.
DB_RetAoE,5,Wake of Ashes,Able To Cast,Resources Available,GCD Free,Not actively casting anything else.
DB_RetAoE,6,Crusader Strike,Able To Cast,Resources Available,GCD Free,Not actively casting anything else.