Unholy Arbiter (previously Soul Reaper)

EDIT 12/8/17: Fixed WA Apoc sounds since the 7.3 API change. Minor update to make Outbreak more consistent. Still leading DPS charts when I LFR. :slight_smile:

Unholy. Death. Knight. What else is there to say? Except Apocalyptic devastation.

Sequences['EX_Unholy_DA'] = {
-- This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.2.03.
  Author="Exaria@Perenolde and John Metz",
  SpecID=252,
  Talents = "3211331",
  Helplink = "https://wowlazymacros.com/forums/topic/unholy-soul-reaper-7-1-5/",
  Help = [[Run at 80ms, 100ms, or manually. Hold ALT for Apocalypse at 6+ wounds, SHIFT for Death Coils.
In collaboration with the amazing John Metz!]],
  Default=1,
  Icon='Spell_Deathknight_UnholyPresence',
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
      StepFunction = "Sequential",
      LoopLimit=2,
      KeyPress={
        "/targetenemy [noharm][dead]",
        "/use [mod:alt] Apocalypse(artifact)",
        "/cast [mod:shift] Death Coil",
        "/castsequence  reset=target  Outbreak, null",
      },
      PreMacro={
        "/cast outbreak",
      },
        "/use [nopet,combat] Raise Dead; Dark Transformation",
        "/cast [combat] Summon Gargoyle",
        "/cast [combat] Festering Strike",
        "/cast [@player] Death and Decay",
        "/castsequence  reset=combat  Festering Strike, Soul Reaper, Scourge Strike, Scourge Strike, Death Coil",
        "/castsequence  reset=combat  Festering Strike, Death Coil, Scourge Strike, Scourge Strike, Death Coil, Death Coil",
        "/castsequence  reset=combat  Festering Strike, Scourge Strike, Death Coil",
        "/cast [combat] Scourge Strike",
        "/cast [combat] Death Coil",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
      },
    },
  },
}

This macro tries to find a balance between our four biggest targets: Wound Bursting, Apocalypse on CD with 6+ wounds, rune regeneration boosting via Runic Corruption, and haste buffing via Soul Reaper melting face with Dark Arbiter. It does this by applying and popping Wounds, building and using them in a constant dance along with Death Coils, Outbreak, and the rest of your offensive kit. When at 6 or more Wounds, hold ALT and Apocalypse will be unleashed. Dark Arbiter will shuffle in automatically on cooldown, so hold SHIFT to burn some Death Coils and get her roided up.

Macro Notes
This macro uses talent choices that are designed to work best in all situations. Other talents, such as Castigator or Shadow Infusion have been passed over in favor for a more solid kit whatever you are doing, eliminating the need for talent changes. This means you might find better numbers by choosing these talents, but only in certain situations or itemizations, but will generally experience an overall loss of DPS compared to my setup.

I have also designed this macro to be spammed at 80ms, 100ms, or manually tapped.

Talents and Explanation
Ebon Fever - Ebon Fever now beats out the other T1 talents by a good margin. This is even more apparent in shorter fights, AoE situations, and cases where you may not be in position to apply the disease again.

Pestilent Pustules - This is the only talent to give consistent and notable DPS.

Unholy Frenzy or Clawing Shadows - Unholy Frenzy will deliver superior DPS than the other talents in this tier if all of the following are true: Unholy Frenzy buff up 100% of the fight, you are in melee range 100% of the fight, and your Mastery is lower than 80%. If any one of these conditions are false, Clawing Shadows should be taken. (You should no longer be trying to gear for 80%+ Mastery, by the way)

(Your Choice) - Choose what you prefer. Sludge Belcher is my choice for his hook.

(Your Choice) - Choose what you prefer. Lingering Apparition is my choice.

Infected Claws - Wounds are your most important resource, and for Unholy they are a tricky resource to manage. You can get some free ones with Infected Claws. This is especially potent in an AoE scenarios, where your transformed Ghoul can spread some Wounds with this talent. This is the best choice in almost all situations, except if you are NOT running The Instructor’s Fourth Lesson or ARE running anything that lowers DA cooldown, in which case take Shadow Infusion.

Dark Arbiter - Since the 7.2.5 buff to DA, this is now your choice talent, outperforming Soul Reaper (even Defile can perform better now in high-density situations). In this macro, DA will fire automatically, and you will fire Death Coils to empower her at random, but regular intervals. However, SHIFT can be held to ONLY fire Death Coils (provided you have the Runic Power) if you want to be sure she’s getting her spinach.

Known Issues

1. Considerable RNG which can make Wound generation unpredictable, despite the talents to help it. Try as I, and others, might no macro will ever be able to predict and efficiently gauge Wound generation.

DPS Numbers
Giving my numbers, in most cases, is not helpful. You will have different gear, different Artifact talents, or different buffs. Instead, I sim my character and attempt to get my macros as close to “Expert” level numbers as possible, which should translate accurately for everyone. Right now, this macro is within 2% of “Expert” level sims!

AskMrRobot
AMR’s auto-balancing and itemization engine should not be overlooked. Squeeze out your best DPS.

BONUS - ADDONS
Advanced Interface Options (POSSIBLE DPS INCREASE)
Users have reported that by installing this addon and unchecking the item “Secure Ability Toggle” you will see a DPS increase. Personally, this seems to be the case. Target dummy damage increased by 5k and raid damage increased by 20k. Your mileage may vary.

Weak Auras - Control Undead Timer
If you have Weak Auras and would like to have a handy timer for a controlled undead, import this code.

Import:
dOtceaGAQk0Uuv8AQkAMcuZwHBsvj)svs9njYTfXoHQ9s2Tk7xi)uGmmf53u60qgQsyWc1WvfhuvIplHJHQohvv1cfqlLQkTyLulhLhQK8uWYePNlQjsvPMkftgkth5IkrxvvLll11L0gfupwPSzQY2vQ(OQK8xuX0uuFxvQrsvvgNay0uvW4vv6Kcq3IQkUMe15rLEMGCyQSnvvT4Lras48H(ZxEwqwq6N0pPFMfKiataMmc(gKNxUjHp9zAAIpnDQ0ui(0Yc4gKNxUjHpxEsGN9OWdxrwqq)mbhq8LcQ52yTdc9OafS2XwzhwMmcNxHdaF6m)8u5P50s)59Fi55NYZcpvHdWCPsH(ppnnp)pLFY)YZpLlj8qcNxKGH1HjJaYn6JKrqsDqizejsagYZdTvhexzeKuhesgrIeWSJwgbj1bHKrKibp7pKB0hjJGK6GqYisKap3gHSNmcsQdcjJircyUTwgbj1bHKrKircyDbYEgUpTaxL5w7ycqhI4SztEgn1ycNxa1FPkRfSCS)lGrXVAyZzbu)LcBpsWctum4UCumUJXSVfqOKMf2EKGfMOyWD5OyChJzFladL9X6TrO9wGBme42i0EByOIIM5llwl8jbedvu0mzeSvZKnHJpGWAbekPXeyFFbDdUkqb1drcEAsqn3CYp9gYdTXPEisRfCUKolJW5fS8Yd3Ehf77oXEcpvWk7rm7ik(3H1omrcW61vppd3NwG)EXV(k8VGfjaRZBccBzrXeZT5t0vefZ1wzrXx)okM6KhlZX4gf7Xq9H9rqMCB(mh2EKGfMOyWD5OyChJzFlWHHHiK9Cdoedvu0SSmcNxgbedvu0mzeqCFAbzYr1SG6179rcCvYkO37JeSYEyiczVSGCDDV3hTG1EOVcGfldoyb1CZPEisbkixx379rq1Zd9vaNvVagoG5f)AeuZnh)5YlAsbkOEisWZWXTzIeupIHkkAMmIejsactWYlpC79RxzpIzhcUAIHHkkAww4PIe4KrWYlpC7DuSV7e7jC(q)5lplyL9iMDef)7WAhMWtdvkTuirc2fo)CkVija

Weak Auras - Apocalypse Sounds
If you have Weak Auras and would like the Lich King to exclaim something when you use Apocalypse, give these a try.

“Arise, and accept my gift.”

Import:
dCdudaWsqLAxsGTPsvMjKy2u5MQuv3wv2PkzVIDt0(rgfeyyGk63QQHsvLbtz4q5GuLofeYXOkoNkvSqvQ0HLYFbLLdvpus6PKEmipxQMOkLPsyYQy6OUOsCviPNbQKRRultsCEL0MHuBNQYhbvzwGQ6ZsQVdbnsiuNgy0uv10KGoje1NKixdICpjQvkH(gOcxwXXterFrprpreTbXaFJahuxp43)FMCbNrzCqD9GhruEfBIcT78)ffA35)dgVInrhFJKJcT78)bZFWzIYG3CIo(gj3JI6fYcyQFlOGsvVQaMIA1Qll3wUffA35)lk6TeIbFjcqyBX3iz4t2wcy4twhBCUR2BqevKmYiJmaAYqyBX3izYkxMSsOEHSaM63ckOu1RkGPOwT6YYTLBLiJ9FKurYiJmYiJmYidGMSTeWKvUmzLWCT1bVezn5HSo24CxT3qw5YKvYl2hQ5wX6tjYy)hjvKmYiJmYiJmYiJmYiZpxBv)B5bbEkeoqQcIOIKrgzKrgzKr2ipurYiJmYg5HkoYt4OUF7eruU5gjxjIOVTJbreoCuU5gjhr032XGichokKR17reTdK1Uj6TfVced3xidpelchfiRX)BSiI(2oger4Wrpa0ObqBhVgr032XGichok(3nre9TDmiIWHJI5dJBUrYre9TDmiIWHJI3GMiI(2oger4Wrr3GyWxgr032XGicho6UpWGCTEp3nC0Z0HI6fh0hYAYdzniObJj7TswnanxquWjQxSpuZTI1hY0)wEiZloOpKbpaAo6b0XCTvKH(YC5bUUtfKUhsrL7Nahuxp49C5jk(ud(sXk2efa9Lrbsadd6)WCdpNC5jA7Cam4lBoymoOUEW7reoC0E0kfuybvqkQVC5PWkEcNa

Or, hear the exclamation “Your souls are mine!”

Import:
dWJCdaWsOqTlPcBtIYmHkoSIMnP(lqDtOGEOuv3wvDEvPDQq7vSBs2pYOqLYWuf(TkonOHkvQbtz4OQdQk6uqPCmuX5asAHOs1zHI6XqA5qSiOKEkvltcEUKMiqmvuMmGPtCrvYvrLCzLUUu(Kc6BaPSzOQTlH(iuGzbLQpRs9DOeJekY0KkA0su9mPsojuPBbK4AsK7jvzLkWHas1pHc5WjS4)4aXbcl(evGfxgc8(ErWWdWMXhXfe499IewC5LFJJ2QY5hhTvLZhS8YVX3IRsIJ2QY5dUCiWgxG)fioARkNFC8nfQapkUHL5vXvjyNSMckyNSk)Q1JZ)InAazKrgzq8KHL5vXvjK1Rhzd5AexgyV7lCWP)tNb25QF)RlqUazizs5RIgqgzKrgzKrgzq8K1uqHSE9iBiVE(UidjBQaiRYVA948VK1RhzdFYFqN6x(6oKmP8vrdiJmYiJmYiJmYiJmY6wpF9ttbWTo7QWdqdB0aYiJmYiJmYiBva0aYiJmYwfanyvaX3IRsQX5AexgyV7lCWP)tNb25QF)RlqUajsC9zcewCO6g504dl(VPfyyrIexM6vjHf)30cmSirIlt9QKcHf)30cmSirIdaXJhI20YByX)nTadlsK4ih9gw8FtlWWIejo(jQapQWI)BAbgwKiX5lYlt9QKWI)BAbgwKiXr1ZAnS4vO6wVXb56jdty8iUyaMyrIJmr3WI)BAbgwKiXB1fmQEwRH7rIdaR865lUOhvg50fOwOuzLIRAFgc8(ErQzKtCK9gEuSx(noe9OIdSv04y(0qiREA6kztKLSpuTGECOckGrpFE9klqg5ehce)j)bDQF5Rlz(PPaidRy(0qiREA6kztKLSpuTyn(eaakWJAQbliW77fPgwK4VyeE81vYyzDW5rxL4uQScLwq5XJsrIxJxOJo7OqP4fZiNolWjsca

Or, you can have him say one of the following at random. “All must die.”, “Slay all who oppose us.”, “You know what to do.”, “Go forth and defile these lands.”, and “Conquer in my name!” (my favorite and current)

Import:
dKtzdaWsik7sIyBqeZuv0SPQBcb1TbCyPStfzVIDt0(rnkiQggKu)wj)vv1qLinykdNGdQkCkirhJqoheslecvlfcLLPk1YPIhkr9uspgONlvtuvYuHAYk10rUOI6QqkpdcX1v48QkNg0MLuTDQKpcbmlijFwcFhI0iHe(geOrtO(KKYjHunnQuUgvQUNKyLssxwLxdb5ik4Oar3r3bhTbsqxh2bwuCoi8AFzc1rjhyrX5eCu6t4Ico60cik4OtlGF6t4IEUojffC0PfWVy4(IsqGBh9CDsQhfTj0X)APZpFw(HI)v0kxEE(18ROGJoTaIwFibj4sICK2MDDscvSnKqcvS1foVFQbCOKRYgBSXgSoBiTn76KeBvQWwn0Mqh)RLo)8z5hk(xrRC555xZVQXgj(KCv2yJn2yJn2ydwNTHesSvPcB1e8TVZPgBn5MTUW59tnGJTkvyR2dHfyZ)j0VASrIpjxLn2yJn2yJn2yJn2yRuF7txd5g5ICdbrcQrjxLn2yJn2yJn2o5MRYgBSX2j3C1tUdf1VA7GJsn)jP3bhfy4jyWHcfLA(tsbhfy4jyWHcff0369GJ2HYc)f918dmkq2e6iakWHIcLfoRHqWrbgEcgCOqr3W61HGdp9fCuGHNGbhkuuNL)cokWWtWGdfkQGlbQ5pjfCuGHNGbhkuuNg4fCuGHNGbhku06nqcUKbhfy4jyWHcfD0VFqFR3dIhk6(6GrXIp2EcbfZgYGYc26cxdH6SrIDwJcXS9TgLefUJ(qyb28Fc9JnDnKB2qSMCVaIUHDbF7dDWLmtIqee9T7iX9OYba2bwuCo9mjkQZvaxs8NWffcUKrHsi9dUae8hD7mjkABVHeCjB(FYbwuCo9GdffkH0FNAo0TZKOqr7rFxIBL829OUYKi3Elkuc

the best macro for UH i have tryed… ty m8

Updated!

AWS is now our best T1 talent. Streamlined the macro for more consistent Soul Reaper haste buffing.

[quote quote=32495]Updated!
AWS is now our best T1 talent. Streamlined the macro for more consistent Soul Reaper haste buffing.
[/quote]

ha dude i was just coming on here to suggest that. Awesome thx.
One thing I really like about the macro is you can keep firing off Coils and epidemics and outbreaks and slows from distance while hitting them with skulker and Timmy and gargoyle so you can kite and then melee when you want by Asphyxiating and laying down DnD and then Grip them and hit them with festering and Apocalypse or scourges. I actually took gargoyle out and put it in with Icebound and Army and it works even better.

What are the talents you are using? Ive been playing Blood and loved it [im a loner so play pve, doing map clearance/quests, etc]

Talents are 112??13. All Will Serve, Epidemic, Castigator, your choice, your choice, Shadow Infusion, Soul Reaper.

Though, now with Apocalypse in our possession, I am finding that Infected Claws (T6, option 3) might be the better way to go when trying to macro in an Apocalypse burst of as close to 8 as possible. Still working it out.

[quote quote=32534]Talents are 112??13. All Will Serve, Epidemic, Castigator, your choice, your choice, Shadow Infusion, Soul Reaper.
Though, now with Apocalypse in our possession, I am finding that Infected Claws (T6, option 3) might be the better way to go when trying to macro in an Apocalypse burst of as close to 8 as possible. Still working it out.
[/quote]

how about something with

Asphyxiate, Festering Strike, Festering Strike, Soul Reaper, Apocalypse

…puts big wounds on target immeditately and immediately procs soul reaper bc you burst them ALL with apocalypse right after soul reaper. You do about 110000 damage from the 8 wounds you burst all at once not including soul and apocalypse damage and death grip bonus and full undead minions all at once from apocalypse.

[quote quote=32537]how about something with

Asphyxiate, Festering Strike, Festering Strike, Soul Reaper, Apocalypse

…puts big wounds on target immeditately and immediately procs soul reaper bc you burst them ALL with apocalypse right after soul reaper. You do about 110000 damage from the 8 wounds you burst all at once not including soul and apocalypse damage and death grip bonus and full undead minions all at once from apocalypse.[/quote]

You have to be careful linking cooldowns in a castsequence. The line will fire, but then will wait until the cooldowns are up. So this line would work great as an opener, but it would never repeat again until Apocalypse is off CD (it’s the longest one).

I’ll try adding something similar to this at a high priority in the macro, and leave everything else as is so that there’s other things to do when Apoc is on CD. Thanks!

Thanks for the reply, just been using this one [i was using another macro from off here which was newer too but used slightly different talents] seem to be doing good dps…even if i only have basic legion invasion and 2 pvp items lol Thanks so much…you said we can pick 2 talents as they dont really matter so went with Sludge Belcher and Lingering Asperations [as i use wraith walk to get the feck out of hard fights lol]

thank you again

Updated my macro with a new version that tries to make use of Apocalypse as suggested by johnnyphoenix74. Since I’m questing there doesn’t seem to be any issues, but none of my fights last a ton of time. Please test and let me know how this works for you.

will test after server back.
But why Epidemic ? only need by aoe.
And when you do Aoe you need Death and Decay too ^^
For single is look nice more infos after testing

Update:

My result i remove the epidime for a Single Target use Makro i ca do with it 155k Dps Selfplayed i can reach 170k.
The Apokalypse used at 4 Stacks or so so its a dmg Lost.

[quote quote=32620]will test after server back. But why Epidemic ? only need by aoe. And when you do Aoe you need Death and Decay too ^^ For single is look nice more infos after testing
Update:
My result i remove the epidime for a Single Target use Makro i ca do with it 155k Dps Selfplayed i can reach 170k. The Apokalypse used at 4 Stacks or so so its a dmg Lost.
[/quote]

Epidemic: While this is an AoE ability, it’s also a Runic Power generator that you can use before a fight without turning hostile. Pop all your charges and then run in. Completely your choice to use this or not, but I enjoy not having to switch talents all the time.

Death and Decay: No sense putting this in a macro since you have to place it somewhere in the field. You’d hold up your macro just to have to click somewhere. Just use it whenever you’re in an AoE situation, ignore it if not.

Apocalypse: The only time I’m not seeing it pop at a full 8 stacks is when I have target-changed before Apoc is used, or I only generated the bare-minimum of 2 stacks per Festering Strike. I’m testing if adding another Festering Strike fixes this, causes lockups, or generates lower DPS.

EDIT 3: Aha, Bliz, sneaky sneaky. Artifact abilities now need to be designated in order to work, so I fixed that. Also added in another Festering Strike into the opening volley. This will ensure 8 stacks for Apocalypse. Lastly, added another round of attacks to the main castsequence to tidy things up and prevent lockups. I suspect this will perform better with more haste.

Hi, just used your new update 3 and seems to be…ermmm autoattacking, or using skills very slowly compared to update2 where i was a unholy blizzard or skills, attacks lol

[quote quote=32639]Hi, just used your new update 3 and seems to be……ermmm autoattacking, or using skills very slowly compared to update2 where i was a unholy blizzard or skills, attacks lol
[/quote]

Can you tell where it stops? Or does it not start at all? I changed the macro name, so make sure you’ve grabbed the right one.

Also, you will see a little more downtime just before Apocalypse. Festering Strike uses two runes, so three of those and you will be out of them and waiting on your first two to complete regenerating before Soul Reaper fires. That leaves one rune ready, two about halfway, two about 1/3rd of the way, and one freshly depleted. Scourge Strike or another ability will use that rune and leave you auto attacking for about 2 seconds. After that you should be back to using abilities in a pretty flowing fashion.

I don’t really want to go back to fix that stall because this is a fault of lower haste. We just gave up all our perfectly itemized secondary stat gear and picked up a ton of crit quest gear. I think once you get heroic gear again this will start flowing together better. If not I’ll fix it, but for now with haste food and and a little patience this still performs very well for me.

Hi, sorry it was my bad, dont know how but i had click new in gs and cleared the whole macro so thats why i was only auto attacking on click

Alas as i only have basica pvp/invasion gear thats probably why im a little slow, but im still doing decent dps

[quote quote=32645]Hi, sorry it was my bad, dont know how but i had click new in gs and cleared the whole macro so thats why i was only auto attacking on click
Alas as i only have basica pvp/invasion gear thats probably why im a little slow, but im still doing decent dps
[/quote]

Ah, good. I was panicking for a moment. Is it still flowing like version 2 used to for you (after the rune delay just before Soul Reaper)?

I just found out about GS and this website a few hours ago. I have been playing with this macro on my Unholy DK but I am not entirely sure it is running as intended, so I created an account to see where I am going wrong.

The first thing I noticed is the icon for the macro stays a question mark. (in the videos, theirs change)
The second thing I noticed is that Anti-Magic Shell fires off right away. (this can’t be right?)

• ----
  • Separate from those two I have the build recommended here at icy-veins for Unholy DK. I also had created my own in-game one button macro that seems to still pull more DPS that this advanced macro (once I change to the spec needed for the macro.

#showtooltip
    /castsequence [nomod:alt] reset=target/3 Clawing Shadows,Outbreak, Festering Strike, Death Coil,Death Coil,Clawing Shadows,Outbreak, Festering Strike, Death Strike
    /cast Apocalypse
    /cast Blood Fury
    /startattack

My question is

1. Can this be improved based on the information on that site (I am struggling to make the improvements myself)
    2. I may be simple, but I am having a hard time understanding some of the tutorial videos I have found so far on the site, so can anyone recommend a grandpa friendly guide/video?

[quote quote=32756]I just found out about GS and this website a few hours ago. I have been playing with this macro on my Unholy DK but I am not entirely sure it is running as intended, so I created an account to see where I am going wrong.
    The first thing I noticed is the icon for the macro stays a question mark. (in the videos, theirs change) The second thing I noticed is that Anti-Magic Shell fires off right away. (this can’t be right?)
    [/quote]

My macro is far from perfect, but I’m actively developing it. I am working on a total recode of it right now that should produce more consistent results for everyone. But, to address your questions:

1. I’ve not set any particular icon for my macro, so it comes up as a question mark. You can modify it using the in-game editor if you want. I personally like putting the class icon for my main macro and a question mark for my test macros.

2. Yes, Anti-magic Shell is meant to go off on cooldown on its own.

3. As for Icy-Veins talents and what not, I include in the macro info text the talents I recommend. This recommendation comes from my attempt at making a hybrid macro, one that can perform well in both single target and AoE situations, though not necessarily be the best at both at the same time.

Another reason you might not see great gains with my macro, or anyone’s really, could be because of factors like ilvl, total haste, or even what you’re using up judge the DPS. For example, if you’re testing on the Reanimated Monstrosity on Acherus you’ll also be hitting the training dummy next to him, which will pad numbers, while the training dummy that is off by itself won’t hit anything else, so skills like Epidemic will seem really under-performing due to not hitting other targets.

1. All I can say about improving is to hold tight. I am working on a much more refined version of my macro that will be less dependent on haste or even gear level. I’m not saying this will be a “high performance” macro or anything, but it’ll be improved.

2. Honestly the tutorials never helped me much. I just dove in and started playing around until things made sense. In fact, my macro rewrite is coming because of learning some new sequence techniques I didn’t know before, thanks to some others on this site. Ask questions in the appropriate areas and people will help out.

Alright everyone, I have a Labor Day gift to you all. BRAND NEW MACROS!

Please give these new macros a try. Thanks go Dohram for showing me some stepfunction management techniques and I hope these new versions work great for everyone.

As always, these are a work in progress. Please let me know how well (or poorly) they work for you. I’ve kept the last version of my old macro style in the main post for anyone who wants to compare them. I think the AoE macro needs the most work of the two, so please consider that and, if you can, please help me out with it.

Thanks everyone. Enjoy!