Unholy Arbiter (previously Soul Reaper)

[quote quote=33502]Having problems with getting this one to work. I have version GS-E-1.3.7. what could be the reason its not working? Someone please help.
[/quote]

Not sure. Would need more info from you. But I’d take a look at how you imported it or how GS-E is working for you. I bake my macros for some time and give them to a beta tester to make sure there are no issues (that I can do anything about) before posting, but that doesn’t mean they are perfect. More info = better.

I’m actually surprised this works for PvP, but I won’t knock it. Your changes totally make sense for that.

I use Sludge Belcher, myself. The second pull (Hook) is invaluable in Mythics and just fun overall. Epidemic, however, I’d take a close look at your numbers. I find the loss of Pustules too much of a loss over the course of a dungeon. While Epidemic is absolutely beastmode on 3+ targets, as soon as you drop to 2 or 1 you are suffering a huge loss, and that is almost all bosses and all mechanics except for trash. My total dps done at the end of a dungeon is way better with Pustules. Lastly, when you start getting higher gear with a lot of crit on it, you’ll want your Castigator talent. Trust me on this. Well, at least for PvE.

[quote quote=33540]

I use Sludge Belcher, myself. The second pull (Hook) is invaluable in Mythics and just fun overall. Epidemic, however, I’d take a close look at your numbers. I find the loss of Pustules too much of a loss over the course of a dungeon. While Epidemic is absolutely beastmode on 3+ targets, as soon as you drop to 2 or 1 you are suffering a huge loss, and that is almost all bosses and all mechanics except for trash. My total dps done at the end of a dungeon is way better with Pustules. Lastly, when you start getting higher gear with a lot of crit on it, you’ll want your Castigator talent. Trust me on this. Well, at least for PvE. [/quote]

Will do. I was jsut playing around and not paying THAT close attention to numbers, lol. THank you again for this macro, i love it!

I never say much here, but had to log in today to say THANKS! =)

Tried using every other UH macro out there and best I could pull was 30k at lvl 105, so I stuck with Blood for questing (does about 50k and of course - survivability)

But, needed to head to some dungeons today and dadgummit, refused to show up with crap dps.

Added your macro and boom, 70k right off the bat. A bit bursty, but that’s normal and ohhhhh my, the apocalypse is working as intended.

Thanks again and thanks some more.

Nice and all i can read is OMG this macro is great but which one’s do i use because there are alot off macro;s in all the reply’s!

so my question wich one do i use for my unholy dk can some one pls repost the good ones for me!

thanks X

[quote quote=33554]I never say much here, but had to log in today to say THANKS! =)
Tried using every other UH macro out there and best I could pull was 30k at lvl 105, so I stuck with Blood for questing (does about 50k and of course – survivability)
But, needed to head to some dungeons today and dadgummit, refused to show up with crap dps.
Added your macro and boom, 70k right off the bat. A bit bursty, but that’s normal and ohhhhh my, the apocalypse is working as intended.
Thanks again and thanks some more.
[/quote]

Glad you like it. I do, too. :slight_smile:

[quote quote=33567]Nice and all i can read is OMG this macro is great but which one’s do i use because there are alot off macro;s in all the reply’s!
so my question wich one do i use for my unholy dk can some one pls repost the good ones for me!
thanks X
[/quote]

Use the first macro I posted on the very first post on the first page. The macros below that are headed with OLD and DEPRECIATED but are still there in case someone wants to see them, but they are outdated.

So I have a question on how to actually use these macros. I’ve got it imported and have the button on my bar, but are you supposed to just spam the living hell out of the macro or is it a timed press? I’ve tried to do a bit of searching, but couldn’t really find the “best use” button pressing info.

Thanks in advance!

[quote quote=33759]So I have a question on how to actually use these macros. I’ve got it imported and have the button on my bar, but are you supposed to just spam the living hell out of the macro or is it a timed press? I’ve tried to do a bit of searching, but couldn’t really find the “best use” button pressing info.
Thanks in advance!
[/quote]

I set my key to spam my macro at 100ms. You can tap the macro once every GCD, but you’ll miss a lot of free Death Coils.

TY for this but is there a way where I can edit it to make it that death strike would be a priority?

[quote quote=33787]TY for this but is there a way where I can edit it to make it that death strike would be a priority?
[/quote]

Well, sure. Put ”/cast Death Strike” in the main macro body. But there are a lot of reasons why you wouldn’t want to do that.

It’s in the macro and will be used if you hold ALT. Do that when you have a free Death Strike proc or you have enough Runic Power for it. Ignore it if you don’t need the healing, though, because it’s a DPS loss in all accounts.

This is a really solid macro. Just something worth mentioning, though… Leaving Outbreak as a part of the macro has a pretty significant impact on DPS. If you can manage it, I’d recommend pulling Outbreak out of the macro and applying it manually. You can then spam this macro with great success and re-apply your disease with Outbreak when the timer is up. I think the issue is that Outbreak being in the macro triggers the GCD, so while it’s great that you’re positive your diseases are up, it takes away from an execution of Festering Strike or Scourge Strike, depending on the scenario, which can be a significant loss over time.

[quote quote=33890]This is a really solid macro. Just something worth mentioning, though… Leaving Outbreak as a part of the macro has a pretty significant impact on DPS. If you can manage it, I’d recommend pulling Outbreak out of the macro and applying it manually. You can then spam this macro with great success and re-apply your disease with Outbreak when the timer is up. I think the issue is that Outbreak being in the macro triggers the GCD, so while it’s great that you’re positive your diseases are up, it takes away from an execution of Festering Strike or Scourge Strike, depending on the scenario, which can be a significant loss over time.
[/quote]

I see what you’re saying, but let’s call it what it really is: poor timing on Outbreak.

Let’s see if I can fix that without making it manual, so that the spirit of the macro remains all-inclusive.

EDIT 9/22/16: Minor updates, but important ones. First, Outbreak will now only fire under any of the following conditions: Combat Start, Target Switch, or Soul Reaper cooldown reset. What this’ll do is keep Outbreak from eating too many GCDs during a fight unless they are needed. Unfortunately this means that the dot will fall off for about 8 seconds per application after it’s first full run, but it’s still a total DPS increase.

Also, I now suggest Infected Claws over Shadow Infusion for the T6 talent. This is because having 7+ Wounds for Apocalypse is way more important than Dark Transformation uptime over any timeframe, and it works beautifully with AoE by having your ghoul spread Wounds to multiple targets passively that you are popping while standing in your DnD, further reducing the need for a second macro and increasing DPS all around in both ST and AoE situations. Nope. I was wrong. Ran several 10 minute parses in both single target and AoE situations and Shadow Infusion is still the superior talent, but we’re talking about a 1k difference in single and 5k in AoE (in favor of SI). Your choice.

Lastly, I will be traveling and moving over the next week, so I will not be checking this thread very often. I am very confident this macro is just about as good as I can make it, so please take this time to beat it into the ground and let me know how it works.

As always, thank you for your suggestions and help in refining this macro, it’s every bit yours as it is mine. If greater minds than I can improve this further, please feel free to do so. I’ll see you all in October.

I am pretty sure this is the highest performing Unholy DK macro available, so I think it should be added to the WLM High Performance thread here: Nominations for: GS-E WLM High Performance Macros, so it can start to get nominations.

Have had a bunch of people point this out. Adding to the set.

[quote quote=34039]I am pretty sure this is the highest performing Unholy DK macro available, so I think it should be added to the WLM High Performance thread here: Nominations for: GS-E WLM High Performance Macros, so it can start to get nominations.
[/quote]

[quote quote=34040]Have had a bunch of people point this out. Adding to the set.
[/quote]

Well, this was a nice surprise! Thank you for the nomination and inclusion in the HP macros. I really appreciate it.

Yep, this nomination is well deserved!

I’d like to add that I have used this at iLevel 853 in the Emerald Nightmare raid and we successfully finished it in one week and I ranked between #4-#8 on the DPS meter (and way at the bottom of damage taken, since it was much easier for me to avoid all the things!). Also, only one other DK was above me and he is iLevel 860 and has all his enchants, food, and flasks (I had only flasks).

Thank you

Hey

maybe I´m doing something wrong BUT - this macro uses Apokalypse - what would be ok - but after that it uses soul reaper and then build up after a lot of time some wounds and break them - but in this time soul reaper is fade out and I got no bonus haste from it because in this time this makro doesnt break up any wounds - maybe i m doing something wrong but i guess…thats a problem Oo

and sry for my bad englisch ._. would be nice if ya can help me with my problems with this macro

Enix when u get back was wondering if you had any thoughts on ‘Necrosis’ Talent now that we have ‘Scourge of Worlds’ Artifact trait and do not need to pool runic power. Would weaving Death coil into scourge strikes still result in an overall DPS loss with these? I havent really tried to yet but was just thinking about the 35% damage increase in Scourge Strike with ‘Necrosis’ along with the 30% increase in SS for 6% from Scourge of worlds which seems to proc quite a bit.

[quote quote=34291]Hey
maybe I´m doing something wrong BUT – this macro uses Apokalypse – what would be ok – but after that it uses soul reaper and then build up after a lot of time some wounds and break them – but in this time soul reaper is fade out and I got no bonus haste from it because in this time this makro doesnt break up any wounds – maybe i m doing something wrong but i guess…thats a problem Oo
and sry for my bad englisch ._. would be nice if ya can help me with my problems with this macro
[/quote]

This is incredibly hard to fix so far, since Soul Reaper’s window to gain haste is very small and it’s currently being used to manage Outbreak applications. I will play around to see if I can make it perform better.

[quote quote=34352]Enix when u get back was wondering if you had any thoughts on ‘Necrosis’ Talent now that we have ‘Scourge of Worlds’ Artifact trait and do not need to pool runic power. Would weaving Death coil into scourge strikes still result in an overall DPS loss with these? I havent really tried to yet but was just thinking about the 35% damage increase in Scourge Strike with ‘Necrosis’ along with the 30% increase in SS for 6% from Scourge of worlds which seems to proc quite a bit.
[/quote]

I don’t suggest Necrosis in any event. Both Shadow Infusion and Infected Claws are much more powerful than Necrosis. In order for it to be worth it you’d have to pop Soul Reaver and then alternate between Death Coil and Scourge Strike until 3 haste stacks. Even then, it’d still be a loss compared to Infected Claw’s help in keeping your Apoc uses at 8 stacks or Shadow Infusion’s all around benefit.

Scourge of Worlds is a little different. Ideally you’d want to only spam Scourge Strike whenever SoW procced, and then go back to your normal rotation after. But, the only way to do that with a macro is to mod:ctrl (or other key) it so that you could hold it to spam it. But, I personally think that ends up being a DPS loss if not really well managed. SS pops Festering Wounds, which are needed for both Apoc and Soul Reaper. The time it takes to reapply FWs means waiting. Waiting is not DPSing… Not to mention that the macro wouldn’t know how many Wounds you have and would just roll through as normal.

EDIT 10/2/16: I’ve updated the macro to better use Soul Reaper for it’s haste procs. In my testing I am getting 3 stacks again most of the time. Occasionally it’s 1 or 2, and almost never none. This change also nets a higher DPS parse over 10 minutes. In my current gear my previous version averaged 179.9k on the testing dummy while this newest version gets me 186.5k. +6.6k isn’t nothing, so that’s a win.

I’m now sitting at 31% crit. For me I’m having no troubles with the amount of Festering Wounds I generate. But I suspect a lower crit may have some issues with that. If that’s happening to you, try using the Infected Claws talent.

I’ve also removed all of the very old data I was keeping in the OP. The depreciated macro was there just in case it was needed, but I think I’ve evolved the macro far enough to not need it anymore. Now it’ll just house the previous version of the macro whenever I update it.