Vengeance Bomb

Thats because at the end of the day you are still a tank. A rotation macro is not going to increase your dps. obviously you are not going to top them on meters. The purpose of this macro is to provide a consistent rotation to maintain acceptable DPS while holding aggro. If you want to maximize your dps, either stop using this macro or keep using it and gear more for crit.

This macro is fine and does the job, only thing I wanted to mention is that when I use it , even with the edit that added more spirit bombs in the rotation, I still find sometimes that it leaves my target without the spirit bomb debuff for a little bit, might need to increase it even more.

Also, Is there a way to add soul cleave conditional to if you are at 30% HP to the rotation?

Healing / DPS

On the left side is my Healing

The right side is my dps

Mind you do not even use spirit bomb

Your job is to Tank and Hold aggro Not Be 1/3rd of a fucking dps

yes there are tanks out there that do a shitload of dps demon hunters are not one of them

Demon hunters job is to Mitigate Incoming damage and Try to self heal

And as much as meta Procs randomly who cares.

I know right, people are thinking that there’s only one way to play as a “tank” and it should be that only way to play it; in a party involving a healer and three dps.

But beleive me, this is a mindblowing thing right there Clickyclickyclick this: All Tank Karazhan M+20

There’s not only ONE way to farm Mythics when you’re a DH specd on Vengeance.

In an All TANK party comp, you don’t have to care about the squishies, you don’t have to care about people blaming you to do this or that. You’re just… RAPING… everything.

When i read: “Your job is to Tank and Hold aggro Not Be 1/3rd of a fucking dps” or “Demon hunters job is to Mitigate Incoming damage and Try to self heal” i feel bad for those who thinks DHVs are only restricted to this, as it’s not when you take a look deeper into your perks list.

Besides, as i was talking with EnyxLHQ earlier, his macro is simply awesome. Which is why i asked him to help me out with something else involving his macro-editing-skills (ref: Page 1&2).

As exemple, the following Mythic+ have been made within the +3/+2/+1 Chest timer. ALL TANKS runs besides 3-4 runs where we sold spot for 15M Chests and had to carry some lowies:

Link to the full size image: Here

So yeah, playing Vengeance is much more than what you guys are thinking, trust me and i’m pretty sure Enyx will find a way to work something epic refering to what i’m trying to get him involved in. :slight_smile:

Ref:

Hi i'm Høst.

This is some amazing macro’working EnyxLHQ, my friend !

Let me introduce you to my gaming style which might seems a bit weird to y’all but still very enjoyable once you get used to it.

I’m a Vengeance fan, a pure one, as it is right now me and a few of my friends are enjoying farming 15-20 M+ Keys on all tank runs, in time. We’ve even rammed Antorus Normal on a full tank run, No healer, No dps, only Tanks, which was pretty much in the time and wipeless on any boss.

I’ve tried your macro, which i know, is made specialy for TANKING and generating aggro without too much of a grinding DPS output. However, since you seems more than skilled at working up macros like this one, i would ENJOY you to be my pimp by making me the favor to make me one of those EPIC Bursting Macro, something that would fit around this specific pattern you’re using but which will maximize that EPIC dps output.

If im looking to MAXIMIZE the dps output on Vengeance spec, on which stats should i put focus besides that 15% HASTE requirement for the double sigil of flame gap ?

I have penty of questions, but as i’m main french, it’s kinda hard for me to make myself more understandable than this.

Waiting on your reply my friend !

Great work btw.
I’ve used an old existing Macro that was already existing in my files to make a new one within it.
Nothing official on this one, yet, still working on it !
If you could give me a lil’hand to workup something clean, i would be amazed to see the results you’d pull out of it.

Sequences['AAA_Vengeance'] = {
-- This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.2.03.
  Author="Rocktris",
  SpecID=581,
  Talents = "?,?,?,?,?,?,?",
  Default=1,
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
      Trinket2=true,
      Belt=true,
      StepFunction = "Sequential",
      KeyPress={
        "/targetenemy [noharm][dead]",
      },
      PreMacro={
      },
        "/cast [nochanneling] Immolation Aura",
        "/cast [@player] Infernal Strike",
        "/cast [nochanneling] Sigil of Flame",
        "/cast [nochanneling] Soul Carver",
        "/cast [nochanneling] Spirit Bomb",
        "/cast [nochanneling] Empower wards",
        "/cast [nochanneling] Shear",
        "/cast [nochanneling] Soul Cleave",
        "/cast [@player] Infernal Strike",
        "/cast [nochanneling] Sigil of Flame",
        "/cast [nochanneling] Immolation Aura",
        "/cast [nochanneling] Soul Carver",
        "/cast [nochanneling] Shear",
        "/cast [nochanneling] Soul Cleave",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
      },
    },
  },
}

And on the /macro icons this is what i’ve put in:

/cast Demon Spikes
/cast Empower Wards
/cast fiery brand
/click AAA_Vengeance
/script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()

Using these on a iL968 DH’V’
4 T21 Pieces.
Memento + Golganeth’s Vitality

My main stats are:
42K Agi
45% Crit
16% Haste
24% Mastery
11% Versatility

Talents are: 1,2,2,1,1,3,1

Never go in to another persons post and post your own macro asking for help making it better after they have spent a lot of time on their own one. It’s insulting to the creator of that macro when you then make demands on what you think you should and shouldn’t see in the macro.
It’s their macro, they have put the time and effort into making something that works for them, they then share the fruits of that effort with the community for them to either use or don’t use. Constructive feedback is good, feedback saying lets make this better without anything additional to add is not and it’s frustrating.

Some replies of late seem to be fairly toxic without being helpful.

“This should do more DPS… ahh you need to play your tank like this… this should be added, no you shouldn’t use this talent etc”. Not one of you will give any kind of explanation as to why that choice is better but in addition to that It’s all YOUR personal opinion. Even if you do try to say you’re better than everyone else and post while stroking your epeen and know how to play a class, it’s just opinion and not the best one at that.

If you need to, make a new post, post what you have and ask for help to make your own macro better then you may or may not have people jumping in with ideas on how to construct a better macro rather than throwing the spellbook in and calling it good. Anyone can do that.

Okay, let’s shut this down and get definitive.

Look at this: AMR Simulation Report

This is my character, in tank gear, with every talent combination possible. See the difference between the highest DPS vs the lowest? Scroll down, not the page but the listings. There are a ton. Literally every talent combination possible: all 2,188 of them. Highest DPS? 500k even. Lowest? 493k. A difference of 7k. That’s not even the margin of error, which is around 10k. That tells me it doesn’t matter what talents you run, it’s how you use the spec.

This simulation comparison took 4 hours. I was that thorough so I don’t want to hear “but this works better”, because I for certain took that into comparison.

Your DPS in this spec will come down to several things:

-Amount of enemies - AoE will always give better numbers -When you appear on the damage meter vs the fight length - seconds you aren't in the fight equal a lot of zeros -Length of fight - you burst and then settle. Shorter the fight, more DPS on the meter -Use of Infernal Strike during the fight - it's a DPS skill with a dot, but also a mobility skill you might have used charges on -Legendaries that augment DPS - none of which I have, so... -Itemlevel - because of course

Here is my current macro. It averages 506k DPS, which is higher than this 4-hour ARM sim setup, and lasts for 48 Uber Strike stacks. I really don’t think you can get better than this in either DPS, self-healing, OR threat and mitigation. Except for the final talent, which you should take based on the content you are facing.

Sequences['EX_Vengeance_NoIS'] = {
  Author="Exqarinah@Perenolde",
  SpecID=581,
  Talents = "122213?",
  Helplink = "https://wowlazymacros.com/forums/topic/vengeance-bomb/",
  Help = [[Run at 30m.]],
  Default=1,
  Icon='ability_demonhunter_spectank',
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
     Combat=true,
      LoopLimit=1,
      KeyPress={
        "/cast [mod:alt] Demonic Infusion",
        "/cast [mod:alt] Soul Barrier",
        "/cast [mod:alt, @player,combat] Sigil of Silence",
        "/cast [mod:SHIFT,@player,combat] Infernal Strike",
      },
      PreMacro={
        "/castsequence Spirit Bomb, Soul Cleave",
      },
        "/cast [combat] Immolation Aura",
        "/cast Fracture",
        "/cast Soul Carver",
        "/cast [@player,combat] Sigil Of Flame",
        "/cast Shear",
        "/cast Shear",
        "/cast Fracture",
        "/cast Shear",
        "/cast Demon Spikes",
        "/cast Fiery Brand",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
      },
    },
  },
}

This macro does NOT have Infernal Strike in it, except via SHIFT. Why? So you can jump around and grab fights. If you don’t care about your DPS then use IS to jump from fight to fight, grab stray mobs that you didn’t lock on, and otherwise keep your job as a tank important. If you DO care about DPS, then whenever you have an Infernal Strike charge and there’s no Sigil of Flame dot on the target, hold shift to discharge one. You’ll do damage and deliver the dot. Don’t spam it, though, because the dot doesn’t stack, it refreshes.

We’re talking about 10k DPS difference, so it’s up to you how much you care about that. It’s what I do on bosses only. On trash I leave IS alone so I can jump around from fight to fight.

If Spirit Bomb is dropping off your target you’re either likely not running this at 30ms, your personal latency is higher than 60, or you had an unlucky string of hits that didn’t generate enough fractured souls.

I’ll leave this here for a bit before I move it to the OP.

Latest test. Throw Glaive is both in the combat trigger and in the main macro. With it’s super-fast CD it shouldn’t lock the macro between targets/fights. This should help hold AoE threat more solidly.

Sequences['EX_Vengeance'] = {
  Author="Exqarinah@Perenolde",
  SpecID=581,
  Talents = "122213?",
  Helplink = "https://wowlazymacros.com/forums/topic/vengeance-bomb/",
  Help = [[Run at 30m.]],
  Default=1,
  Icon='ability_demonhunter_spectank',
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
     Combat=true,
      LoopLimit=1,
      KeyPress={
        "/cast [mod:alt] Demonic Infusion",
        "/cast [mod:alt] Soul Barrier",
        "/cast [mod:alt, @player,combat] Sigil of Silence",
        "/cast [mod:SHIFT,@player,combat] Infernal Strike",
        "/castsequence [reset=target] Throw Glaive, null",
      },
      PreMacro={
        "/cast Soul Cleave",
      },
        "/castsequence [combat] Immolation Aura, Spirit Bomb",
        "/cast Fracture",
        "/cast Throw Glaive",
        "/cast Soul Carver",
        "/cast [@player,combat] Sigil Of Flame",
        "/cast Shear",
        "/cast Throw Glaive",
        "/cast Shear",
        "/cast Fracture",
        "/cast Throw Glaive",
        "/cast Shear",
        "/cast Demon Spikes",
        "/cast Fiery Brand",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
      },
    },
  },
}

Hi again.

I’m currently using the macro above this one you just posted. I like to use throw glaive myself. I also removed fiery brand as well. I’m using the macro for levelling my new dh and I love it. Just used it to run DHT and it was flawless even though I’ve not unlocked all my talents yet as I’m only level 101.

Keep up the good work I really appreciate it

EDIT… How does this macro perform in mythic? What’s the highest you have done with it and how does it perform?

Cheers

Updated the test macro with what I’m currently using. Seems really solid to me, been tanking all night.

With Throw Glaive in the macro and it’s insanely short cooldown snap aggro is not an issue.

@Paul White i use this macro with a spirit bomb added in the rotation as i alway cap and that is even using it a speed of 1 but i have done a M+15 and had not problems just had problems with the group as we did not finish within the time limit

I wish someone would take me on a +15. As DPS, at least. I could use the artifact tint and gear… [sad face]

[quote quote=57189]@Paul White i use this macro with a spirit bomb added in the rotation as i alway cap and that is even using it a speed of 1 but i have done a M+15 and had not problems just had problems with the group as we did not finish within the time limit
[/quote]

Do you use spirit bomb instead of soul cleave or as well as it?

I have soul cleave on its own key for an emergency. I hit it and also the macro and I have soloed so mythic 10 + bosses because the healer and DPS dead and I did not see the healer was calling for a wipe.

Ahh yes I can see the macro doesn’t have soul cleave. Should really use my eyes haha. Wondered why it wasn’t casting. Not unlocked soul bomb yet so I’ll just click soul cleave for now. Even without me pressing soul cleave in dungeons self healing was still good.

Is soul bombs 20% healing of damage done sufficient for mythics??

I Run with a Pally healer and we fight over top healer some time I come out on top but most of the time they do but over the logs of the mythic I’m like 2 or 3 of the person needing healing

Soul Cleave is not in the OP macro…yet. But it is in my test macro on page 3, which is the one I’m currently using in-game.

I’ll pick you up on a 15.

Stupid question but looking through these threads [especially this DH one[ i noticed a few big opinions and actual macro / rotations thrown around…which of the 2/3 on this thread is being considered the most “up to date” or all round tanking and a bit of “spanking”??? Thanks in advance

@ Jamie Goode the most up to macros have not change for DH Veng since the launch. so you could use one from the start of Legion but the reason why people update them is to make better use of spirit bomb or to get more DPS out of them. So, in turn, you could use any Marco posted in here but some are posted for testing IE a beta. the original poster most of the time will put them up to date at the start of the forum. So that the best place to check for the most up to date macro for any class.

Thanks for the reply, i recently had an injury while at work so im limited to 1 hand play “no pun intended” These macros are brilliant, especially as before i was struggling with rotations. Going to try the one on the 1st page for now.

[quote quote=57167]Sequences[‘EX_Vengeance’] = {
– This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.2.03.
Author=“Exqarinah@Perenolde”,
SpecID=581,
Talents = “122213?”,
Helplink = “Vengeance Bomb - Patch 7.0+ - WoW Lazy Macros”,
Help = [[Run at 30m.]],
Default=1,
Icon=‘ability_demonhunter_spectank’,
MacroVersions = {
[1] = {
Combat=true,
StepFunction = “Sequential”,
LoopLimit=1,
KeyPress={
“/cast [mod:alt] Demonic Infusion”,
“/cast [mod:alt] Soul Barrier”,
“/cast [mod:alt, @player,combat] Sigil of Silence”,
“/cast [mod:SHIFT,@player,combat] Infernal Strike”,
“/castsequence [reset=target] Throw Glaive, null”,
},
PreMacro={
“/cast Soul Cleave”,
},
“/castsequence [combat] Immolation Aura, Spirit Bomb”,
“/cast Fracture”,
“/cast Throw Glaive”,
“/cast Soul Carver”,
“/cast [@player,combat] Sigil Of Flame”,
“/cast Shear”,
“/cast Throw Glaive”,
“/cast Shear”,
“/cast Fracture”,
“/cast Throw Glaive”,
“/cast Shear”,
“/cast Demon Spikes”,
“/cast Fiery Brand”,
PostMacro={
},
KeyRelease={
},
},
},
}[/quote]
I’m not sure why, but sigil of silence does not fire when I press alt while the macro is spammed.