Vengeance Fractured

at ilvl 243 im maintaining around 2k damage looks nice haven’t played much in tank

Now this is a pretty darn good macro… 241 ilvl running prydaz and oblivions embrace can reach up to 13 stacks on the tank dummy.

stacks

Glad you guys like it. :slight_smile:

[quote quote=62394]Now this is a pretty darn good macro…… 241 ilvl running prydaz and oblivions embrace can reach up to 13 stacks on the tank dummy.
stacks[/quote]

Out of curiosity which is the tank dummy?

In all class halls there are 4 different types of dummies. Dungeon and raiding for DPS, tanking dummy, and healing dummy.

I’d never actually paid attention to them lol

Best macro version of this forum!!!

but…

I prefer Sigil of Chain than Concentrated Sigils
so i do i small modification

“/cast [combat, nochanneling, @player] Sigil of Flame”

plz check this test video

Latency:
206ms (home)
200ms (world)

Spamming 1 with 150ms
I usually do mythic +15 ~ +17 easily
No Fiery Brand and Metamorphosis

That’s awesome. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you for the amazing macro! It might just be me but it looks like fracture locks up after a few cycles?

I dont know if anyone else is having this issue but it is locking on Sigil of flame for me. Running at 30ms. Also can I remove demon spikes from the macro just by deleting the line? I prefer to cast it as needed

No issues locking here, and yes you can remove the cast of Demon Spikes from the line. Not the line itself, though, or you’d lose IA and IS.

is there any way to take out meta and have it as on use?

Enix are you still working on the tank spec? Will you update this macro?

It is on use. It’s on ALT. It’s not automatic.

There’s only really one area that I’d need to look into to see if I can improve things. That’s Demon Spikes usage. The cooldown on each charge is longer now, so you get less uptime. However, I’m being told that DH tanking is just too squishy in general and that people are calling for buffs/changes. When I tank it’s not too bad, but I also don’t try pulling the whole room.

I’m going to wait until tomorrow’s reset before I really dig into it.

Am I missing something here? You have the Fracture talent selected and that replaces Shear, but in the macro you have Shear.

That’s normal. GSE will always substitute the lower/unupgraded spell in place of the upgraded one. It’s the same behavior as WoW proper and will allow you to call the spell’ either version without having to change the macro for each one. It’s all automagical.

When I use macros, I can’t get skills and break files. Using Logitech mouse 30MS

Good afternoon, I’ve been using this macro and have actually been getting some good dps being a tank spec, but it says my main source of dps comes from auto attacks, should that be normal? I’ve been manually clicking the macro and haven’t looked into changing the ms on my mouse button. Sorry for the noob question, as I am still new to WoW and this concept.

Small update to give you better choices in Sigils. You can now take what you like, including Sigil of Chains, and the macro will still place them at your feet if you use the macro to activate them.

I removed Sigil of Misery from the macro because I feel that is best on its own key so it can be placed on mobs you don’t want to damage.

No other changes are needed at this time. I just ran a few dungeons as a tank with a few different healers and all commented that I was as resilient or more so than other tanks they heal. The thing to note is that unlike other tanks, Vengeance tanks don’t have as much up front mitigation or defensive cooldowns. This means you need to have some tactics with tanking as Vengeance and will need to make some choices.

I recommend not saving Firey Brand for bosses. Use it on every pull. In fact, open with it on the nastiest baddie in the group. It has a 1-minute cooldown, so it will be available every fight right now, and every other as you gear up and get faster, but that initial intake of damage is what you need to mitigate if you want your healers happy with you. The macro will get out a low-soul Spirit Bomb on your targets as soon as it can so that your self-healing will kick in pretty quickly, but that lag time between the fight’s start and Spirit Bomb’s debuff will be on you to decide how to mitigate.

Also, keep in mind that not only was our Agility and Metamorphosis abilities tied to armor values now, armor itself has a harsher diminishing return than your other mitigation abilities in this expansion, including your healing or parry chance. What this means is that your cooldowns aren’t as “I can survive a nuclear blast” as they used to be. You just become a bit tougher for a few moments. But, you should be fine.

To help with your mitigation choices, even though Fiery Brand and Metamorphosis are on the same ALT key, I have placed Meta’s priority far lower in the macro. This means that if you tap or hold ALT just enough to get Firey Brand off you shouldn’t also trigger Meta. If you find that you are still triggering Meta too much, increase the Inner Loop Limit value until it feels delayed enough for you.