Viktri's (not really) One Button Macro - Dragonflight 10.2 Guardian Druid - v5 Tested and verified for 10.2

I would recommend 70 ms total (35/35) and I would not worry about banning at all, firstly what we are doing here is not against TOS, Blizzard stated multiple times that a spam button is okay as long as it only spams one single button (one press-one action rule) and the addon is fully allowed as well (Blizzard has blocked few addons from function in the past).

Before I optimized the macro I was running the old version at 4 ms for about 3 years, so 70 surely is totally safe.

thanks ļ¼Œ but I searched all over the post and couldnā€™t find marco import, has it been deleted?

Look for Installation:
Macro code v3:
and press Show code

1 Like

Just a heads up, I am still working on optimizing the Maul version, but itā€™s a bitch. Hopefully I will have an update soon, v4.

1 Like

buena macro tienes de otra clase

Thanks for this! Has been really fun to try out and see where it went. But I am a little stuck.

I am a complete novice - so, I apologise if these have obvious fixes

1. I donā€™t use any sort of fancy mouse. So I set the macro to 70 as recommended. There SEEMS to be long ā€œgapsā€ between each hit on a boss. Tried it out for a few mins on a target dummy, and levelled out at about 18k dps (395 ilvl, 2 piece tier). Feels very low - so I am wondering what I am doing wrong. Should I change the speed or something?

2. Incap roar seems great - but how do you get that and also get renewal and natures vigil? Do you have a link to your talents?

1. My talents are listed in the main post, link here. The talents from Wowhead guides are also pretty good.

2. That is definitely not the correct behaviour, the macro should be using an ability on every GCD like you can see in the gif in main post. Something must be wrong, please go through everything carefully, check the troubleshoot section of the main post as well.

Thanks Viktri - I have checked it all thoroughly and canā€™t see anything different to what you have posted in the troubleshooting. The only difference is there is a whole set of ā€œ/useā€ at the end of each compile (see pic). Otherwise the maul, mangle etc at the end are the same.

Is this causing the issue? Do I delete all the /use?

ps - happy to share logs privately so you can see whatā€™s happening. Used it for 2 hours tonight

block path

1 Like

Alright, there is definitely something wrong. The compiled macro is all weird, the /use at the end is the macro trying to use different slots on your character, like trinkets etc, and that should not be there at all. Iā€™ll try some fresh import tonight to see if it works on my end, and check the GSE addon settings. I know there is stuff for using trinkets and more but that was never part of my macro.

Also since there isnā€™t widespread report of this issue or any other performance problem (opposite actually) we have to assume the problem is on your side. Not pointing blame or anything, I would still like to fix it and add the solution to the troubleshoot section.

And a ā€œsecond alsoā€, I will have the new version out hopefully soon, with two macros, a new one that uses Maul/Raze instead of Ironfur, once I figure out why it still wants to skip on Thrash despite all my fiddling.

1 Like

Thanks mate. Iā€™m not trying to be difficult or anything. Love the macro and the amount of work youā€™ve put into it.

Hope this maybe helped !

Itā€™s odd that the dps is at 18k. I would have expected 5-10k more with the ilvl.

Iā€™m not at my pc now ,but Iā€™ll check tomorrow to see if trinkets are enabled or anything. Just in case thatā€™s causing the issue.

1 Like

I mean the macro definitely needs to use an ability every GCD. It might not be 100% perfect, it never will, but the v3 version is extremely optimized, see peopleā€™s reports with logs and stuff. I am right now working on that god damned Maul version I promised, because it has challenged me to a duel and I wonā€™t lose xD

But let me ask you, have you used other macros in GSE? Have you made any changes to the GSE settings or to the macro itself? If you are using ElvUI, can you check if the Action Bars - General - Lock Action Bars doesnā€™t have a modifier on ā€œPick up action keyā€?

Hey there
replies:
Yes I have used other macros - but not in DF. Mainly for fun in SL where it was all Thrash Swipe! - Not using those now.
Never changed the setting or tweaked any macro (donā€™t have those skills!)
Donā€™t use ElvUI

In GSE this is ticked though - not sure if this makes a difference (was on as default afaik)

hey guys , can any 1 share his talents build pls ? for m+

thanks for the great macro

At this point I would wait and see how the rebalance coming this Thursday/Wednesday turns out. I heard people discussing completely skipping out on Incarnation, different ideas mix and matching Maul/Ryze with Ursocā€™s Fury and Rend and Tearā€¦ Bunch of interesting stuff. We will see!

It has been done, the new macro has two versions in it for Ironfur and Maul/Raze!

Can you please try the new version, maybe it will fix itself, if not weā€™ll try to figure it out.

1 Like

New VERY EXPERIMENTAL talents for 10.0.5 have been posted alongside 10.0.2 in the main post, try at your own risk though! We cannot test them because they are so broken so they are purely theoretical, but you asked, I deliver :slight_smile:

Iā€™ve put in the new macro - but - it doesnā€™t seem to fire ironfur off as default. Before I start looking a the DPS can you show me how to activate the ironfur version pleas?

I see the code for V4-1 but not the import string. Have you got that?

Also do you have the V3 code please - I over wrote it by mistake so canā€™t compare now!