Viktri's (not really) One Button Macro - Dragonflight 10.2 Guardian Druid - v5 Tested and verified for 10.2

The Maul will only auto cast when it’s free from Tooth and Claw, it’s in the same block that uses the Rage for Ironfur or Frenzied regen and there is no way the game can cast both.

Oh and the update with auto maul is up, don’t wait for the Battle Res update, no idea how long that will take :slight_smile:

1 Like

You do not get enough praise for this. This macro is insanely good and effecient. The best I have ever played on. Hope you keep up the good work!

2 Likes

Big thanks to everyone leaving kind words and suggestions and log screenshots. I really do appreciate it very much.

When I first posted my macro, I never thought it would get so big with you guys and also so good. The first few iterations were kinda rubbish looking back, and the latest version is in my opinion really quite sleek and efficient, it’s fair to say I am proud of the progress I’ve made and the things I learned along the way. I am quite curious what the macro will look like in the future!

When I posted first, I never thought it would turn into this giant project for me. I just thought I would share my macro, homebrewed from what I seen here and there, and a lot of trial and error. Since then I sunk well, well over hundred hours into this, big portion of that is updating the main post and troubleshooting with you, the people; but the work on the macro itself, reading battle logs and DPS testing on dummies, testing new stuff, all that - I am not certain I would do without posting here. Your encouragement definitely makes me learn more and improve. Even though I use a lot of my very limited free time on the macro, I would have likely stopped playing Dragonflight despite how good it is (I don’t even have a raiding guild). I can barely play for any serious amount of time before I have an idea and have to go back to the macro and tinker with it. It definitely is more entertaining than I would have expected and a great distraction, how can I ponder why don’t I have a boyfriend when my brain is buzzing full of blocks and repeats, /casts and [modifiers]!

Now I really need some inspiration, if any of you is aware of some cool macros, preferably those with some novel functionality or whatever, and ideally without a 12 step installation program, but I am willing to try anything to learn new stuff. I am standing in front of this huge mountain of a challenge of integrating Battle Res into the macro, seamlessly, without us having to use any modifiers (those are already used up), ideally just by targeting the dead player, without /focus and such for those who use it elsewhere.

Also if any of you have question about why something in the macro was done a specific way, I am more that happy to answer those since it can easily lead to me discovering a new easier way. In general keep the nice comments coming, be it those one offs or the repeated support, you know who you are guys :heart:

5 Likes

Hello Viktri.

Thanks for your nice macro and explanation. I hope, I can help you with integrating Battle Res in your rotation. Suggesting for the KeyPress-Section of the macro:

/cast [@focus,dead,help][@mouseover,dead,help] Rebirth

This line will cast Rebirth either of your focus target, if it is dead and not a hostile target.
Or this cast will fire, if you hover your mouse over a friendly dead target.
If you do not like the first part with the focus-modifier, just remove it.

Now, I would like to test the latest change of your macro in a mythic dungeon. :slight_smile:

Greetings and a happy New Year!
Cele

Hey Viktri,

I really like your this one it works great but I was wondering what addon do you use in that gif video thing when you press a button the abilities show up on the screen with boxes next to the white circle at your mouse above that abilities are moving across the screen I wanted to know that addon please thank you sorry if it sound confusing

Yeah I know what can be done, but how? How to integrate it into the macro so it doesn’t block any other abilities, doesn’t mess up the rotation and doesn’t require any modifiers?

I have some ideas but they will be quite a pain to test. We’ll see, I am hopeful.

Trufi GCD addon

1 Like

where is the macro ? i cant find import code ?

thanks what speed should i run this on mouse software

Maybe reading literally anything from the main post could have helped, just saying…

3 Likes

Had the same Problem. For fixing this go to your Elvui Config->Actionbars->General. Under Pick up Action Key select none. After that all modifiers work fine like they should (normally there is the shift key selected, that’s why the macro not firing when you holding shift).

On this tab there are also options to select modifiers for Selfcast and co. Perhaps that can also help some people.

3 Likes

Thanks for the solution man, I appreciate it a lot. Will post it into the troubleshoot when I have time.

1 Like

This totally fixed my issue as well. Thank you, you legend.

1 Like

@Viktri is it possible for you to make an offensive type of macro? Wherein maul is used often? Maybe a different macro? Cause in raids as of the monent offensive mauls really wins. Thank you. I appreciate you and happy new year!

Yeah sure I can include a different version of the macro where Maul is being used by default and Ironfur when you hold modifiers… When I have the time xD

DUDE! 3.0 feels SMOOOOOTH. I have only used it in open world content, but man, it just flows.

I have done up to a 12 weekly no-leaver with 2.1 and with a few moonfires it was fine, but this one…I am actually excited to go into a key today if possible and pull the room to see how it holds up in there!

Great job on this macro.

I particularly REALLY appreciate your willingness to put in blocks which you do not particularly want to use, but will make other peoples lives easier. With Brambles, I am a big fan of Barkskin on cooldown, the passive AOE dps and 20% damage reduction makes my healers life easier. I have Frenzied and Survival for those times when I get into big trouble.
Wild Charge is one of those buttons that I use so seldomly that I did not have it bound close enough to use in a frantic situation, but with this block, if a mob I need to gather up is out of range, BAM, I am on it instantly. It also helps get back in after all the fear/stomp circles from this expac.

1 Like

Thank you, I am currently working on a new v3.1 version which is tiny bit cleaner (identical performance though) and it will include the Maul priority, Ironfur on mods version as requested. I don’t mind putting in blocks that I personally won’t use as long as it doesn’t make maintaining the macro harder and doesn’t impede the macro’s execution in any appreciable way. Which to be honest the Barkskin and Wild Charge blocks for sure don’t, both are off GCD.

1 Like

Hello; thanks for your hard work; I have some doubts that you have surely already answered; in case you find the questions inappropriate or repetitive, please consider it just a post from a new user who doesn’t understand much :slight_smile:
I’ve read that you recommend an interval of 35 and 35 ms; I tried it with G HUB and it actually works fine; but I’m a little afraid because in the various posts they recommend staying at least at a total of 250 (for the risk of ban); I also tried to put 125/125 and it’s not as good as set to 35/35.
I apologize again if these are repetitive questions that you have already answered and I thank anyone who wanted to help me clarify these doubts :slight_smile:
P.S. sorry for my english it’s not my language; I hope I made myself understood XD