Viktri's (not really) One Button Macro - Dragonflight 10.2 Guardian Druid - v5 Tested and verified for 10.2

Thanks for the reply. I will install that add-on since I would like to see the rotation myself.

I am not worried about it at all. The macro has worked fine for me, and hitting an extra moonfire is not an issue.

While I have only done Heroics, it has easily outperformed anything I could do manually.

1 Like

is it update for 70 ?

Yes. Built and tested on beta for 70, and updated with the recent Guardian Buffs to Maul and other.

Viktri, first and foremost, thank you for putting so much effort into this. Iā€™m wondering if I can use this macro with a ā€œpress and holdā€ macro method or does it have to be key press and release?

Thank you!

No. Firstly, the press and hold is very broken and barely works as is, secondly it is not working with macros, even Blizzard in-game ones. That is supposedly an intended behaviour, but given how broken it is anyway maybe Blizzard shipped it not working with macros and just said thatā€™s intended. It is a quality of life/accessibility feature so I would assume eventually it will work with macros and we will be able to utilize it. But not now.

(I am also not sure how nicely it would play with the KeyPress variable, but that would be a bridge to cross when we can get to it, for now it doesnā€™t work at all)

1 Like

thank you for your patience and explanation of procedure for creating the usage of the macroā€¦I can honestly say that you are a very patient and complete orator of the instructionsā€¦and thanks for taking the time for all this workā€¦i and many others appreciate it ā€¦this is the most helpful instructional prompt i have yet to see on WLM. And thank you for making me feel like Iā€™m not a total imbecileā€¦lolā€¦

2 Likes

I honestly didnā€™t plan on making such a detailed set of instructions for installation and troubleshooting initially, but when I was testing importing my own macro (gotta test the code works when exported and imported, naturally) I encountered an innumerable amount of problems. So I just wrote down the one exact way to import that seemed to work every time, plus solutions to all of the issues I found along the way.

I am happy it was helpful to someone, might be unnecessary to a lot of people here, but not everyone is an experienced GSE user after all.

I, for one, was having no success with using GSE macros after the new expac. All my old ones were non-operational. I read
and tried everything to no availā€¦including Mr. Lukeā€™s advice and got lost in a avalanche of information i could not make any sense nor have any success withā€¦ Yours is spot on. Thanks so much and i know its helped a lot of peopleā€¦ For various reasons this expac mucked up a bunch of thingsā€¦even tho its starting to settle down againā€¦thanks to people like you and the other pioneers so to speak in helping the wagon train succeedā€¦cheers. I owe ya a shot of tequila or a beerā€¦:wink:

1 Like

Thanks, for the time and effort of the reply :slight_smile:
I want to let you know that by now i hit 70 and done a 2 weeks of M0 with a great satysfactions of your tank macro. I had one done by myself but i can see the time and effort spend by you here. And of course it run better then mine :smiley:
BTW for the feral macro. I had a great time with a balance one 4 myself in Shadowlands, but now they have change the rotation so itā€™s usless, i mean, can do better damage if optymized but i donā€™t have so much thime, so i think iā€™ll go for ank speck this patch.
Again for feral macro i agree with you. But also i never see an usage of Gse like yours. So i think that this approach will be a good options also for feral in a certian ways. Of course again i donā€™t have the skill, time and effort to create a great macro like this for thank even for feral.

Sadly, i rely on guys like you that keep this community of lazy macros guy up :smiley:

Thanks again for the effort.

1 Like

Hello!. I feel like iā€™ve tried to find answers in the comments to no avail. Iā€™m lost on what to do as Iā€™ve tried updating from the gse options.

When I try and use the macro it will only use a few skills. Will not fire moonfire and other things from what I can tell.

Iā€™ve heard another person report this, please first try the new just uploaded v2 version of the macro. Second make sure you check everything in the troubleshoot section, there is a good chance the solution is there.

If you still have problems afterwards drop a message here.

If you liked the old version, check the new v2 version of my macro, itā€™s incredibly improved.

I donā€™t do this for a reward (I donā€™t even have a donation thing like I seen some people have) but if you want to make me happy, please try the new v2 version of my macro, I am certain the improvements are tremendous.

New version of the macro is out! Please try the new much improved v2!

Please can you try the new v2 version of my macro? It has been completely rebuilt and restructured and Iā€™d like to see if that problem persists, but even if it does this new version is much improved and super optimized!

I wasnā€™t happy with the performance of my macro, and I agree the Swipe was not the best. So I completely reworked it, changed all the blocks, paths, the execution is now only 13 steps, got rid of all the KeyPress variables. I would very much appreciate if youā€™d try the new v2 version of the macro and see how it performs compared to the old, in my opinion it is an incredible improvement. I also made it with more of these easy to change ā€œtuning knobsā€ so people can modify the macro more easily.

Well if you liked the old macroā€¦ The new v2 version is WAY more optimized and performs considerably better, and I would appreciate if you gave it a shot.

Starting to think I shouldā€™ve started on my druid instead of my warrior/hunter now. I think druid will be my next goal for the weekend so i can test out your macro. Sounds like it will perform really good =) How are you enjoying druid tanking this expansion so far in mythics?

The new version of my macro is fully tested and works flawlessly with 200ms button spam speed. I made sure it worked with slower speeds like this, and the v2 version of my macro has been completely reworked and overhauled. The new recommended speed is now 100 ms.

Thanks for the feedback!

This is the perfect time to test the macro, since I just uploaded a completely overhauled, optimized new v2 version of the macro! And I am very proud of it :slight_smile:

1 Like