Windwalker Monk 5.4

For some Odd reason this works great for me. I use an add on called Tell me when for Fists of fury when it pops.

/castsequence reset=0.3 1,3,4,5,7,Jab
/castsequence reset=0.3 1,3,4,5,Tiger Palm
/castsequence reset=0.3 1,3,4,Blackout Kick
/castsequence reset=0.3 1,3,Jab
/castsequence reset=0.3 1,Rising Sun Kick
/castsequence reset=0.3 Expel Harm
/castsequence reset=8.0 Tigereye brew
/castrandom Touch of Death
/cast [combat]Energizing Brew
/cast [combat]Blood Fury
/startattack

I did the reset at 8.0 for tigereye brew to get as close to 3 stacks as i can for optimal use of the buff.

one sec, testing…

ok item lvl 510 5 min test changed the racial from blood fury to my own quaking palm (haven’t seen it go off on the “boss mob” stick in stormwind don’t know if its working)

results:
Without Fists of fury
74535 dps

with

my own macro* no FoF…(I forget it for long stretches)

my own macro doesn’t seem to have Tigereye brew (and i often forget to hit it at 10 stacks)
and yours doesn’t have Chi Wave

added the line
/castsequence reset=9.0 Tigereye brew
to my macro after touch of death

now i’m pulling 81233 in over 5 min still no FOF
are you using chi ball wave or burst?

Edit: my macro DOES have tigerseye…only i’ve never seen it go off so it must be wonky (alt…who hits alt?)
and so ive removed it (the [mod:alt]Tigereye Brew; Bit)
*“my” macro

#showtooltip Rising Sun Kick
/castsequence [mod:alt]Tigereye Brew;reset=0.9 1,2,3,4,5,Jab
/castsequence reset=0.3 1,2,3,4,!Rising Sun Kick
/castsequence reset=0.6 1,2,3,Blackout Kick
/castsequence reset=0.6 1,2,Expel Harm
/castsequence reset=0.2 1,Touch of Death
/castsequence reset=5 Tiger Palm, !Rising Sun Kick, Chi Wave
/use [combat]Energizing Brew

If we could add chi wave and rushing jade wind to yours and or mine, we might have a winner

is there away to add touch of karama

I have FOF on a separate button. Thats why i use the add-on “Tell Me When” I wanted to control when I use FOF.

I use Chi Wave

[quote quote=10755]my own macro doesn’t seem to have Tigereye brew (and i often forget to hit it at 10 stacks)
and yours doesn’t have Chi Wave[/quote]

Try the Add-on “Tell me When” works great!

You can add the line /cast [combat] Touch of Karma

i’m not so good at the castsequence macros that aren’t chained
add a chiwave in there and see if your dps goes up

What does concern me is that both of our macros are good, but at about a little more than half of the “expected” dps of our class at equil item level

[quote quote=10765]Jd Fisk wrote:
is there away to add touch of karama
You can add the line /cast [combat] Touch of Karma[/quote]

Personally id not add touch in an inclusive macro, its best saved for the “have to run through the fire” moments or when you’re taking heavy damage
Its saved my bacon more than a few times when a brown alert happens and i happen to be low man on the heal him list.

Try this one, I tied Tigereye Brew with rising sun, gives it time to build a few stacks because it wont trigger until you kick which is perfect. I noticed that expel harm was firing off like it should after arranging sequence, even TOD fired off at random.

/castsequence reset=0.3 1,2,3,4,5,Jab
/castsequence reset=0.3 1,2,3,4,Tiger Palm
/castsequence reset=0.3 1,2,3,Blackout Kick
/castsequence reset=0.3 1,2,Jab
/castsequence reset=0.6 1,Expel Harm
/castsequence reset=0.6 Rising Sun Kick,Tigereye Brew
/cast [combat]Blood Fury
/startattack

Hey Todd, great Macro!

I modified it for you to add FoF into the macro without it locking up and having control over it, as well as Touch of Karma and I put Tigereye into a modifier as well as you want to use it without wiping out the previous stacks.

/castsequence reset=0.6 Rising Sun Kick,Chi Wave
/cast [mod: alt] Fists of Fury
/cast [mod: shift] Touch of Karma
/cast [mod: tilde] Tigereye Brew
/cast [combat]Blood Fury
/startattack

Hold alt the for FoF and make sure to keep it held until it is completely channeled. Tap shift for Touch of Karma, and tap tilde (the ` button to the left of the 1 button) for Tigereye Brew. :slight_smile:

[quote quote=10769]Try this one, I tied Tigereye Brew with rising sun, gives it time to build a few stacks because it wont trigger until you kick which is perfect. I noticed that expel harm was firing off like it should after arranging sequence, even TOD fired off at random.

/castsequence reset=0.6 Rising Sun Kick,Tigereye Brew
/cast [combat]Blood Fury
/startattack

[/quote]

ok, figured the best way to test dps (that way the answers are not dependent on fun trinkets or wonder cloak procs…nude with a pair of cutlasses from wellers arsenal beside the alliance AH (not sure about horde but a couple of lvl 15 white blades ought to be about right.)

the above macro
521 dps

“my” macro
725 a third of that was chi wave (seriously include it its only a dps upgrade)…at higher gear lvls this will be a lesser part of your dps but it will still be a boost.

Chris K.'s macro
(please note…i’m lazy…i only spammed the button, i’m sure it would be higher if i hit all the alts and shifts and whatnot, but ive got a nostromo…if i need an extra button id rather hit it than look for shift wile spamming)

chris, also i never saw your chiwave go off…in fact it wasn’t until i was going over it did i even see it was in there, im not sure why though

ALSO
IF someone could work a rushing jade wind into mine for aoe fights id be ever so grateful
and a Disable on target change /every few seconds for a snare for pvp again my gratitude. i’m just mucking it up

I will re-work the macro to figure out what is going on with Chi Wave, but yes sinethekitsune without tapping Tilde for Tigereye, the dps will be substantially lower because it is a huge DPS boost. The reason I added it as a modifier is because ideally you want to use it every 5+ stacks and not have a lucky 4 stack be cancelled out by a 1 stack because the macro is spamming it every time the cast sequence catches up.

P.S. Why Rushing Jade Wind? Spinning Crane Kick does substantially more dps in the time it takes the global Jade triggers to finish cooling down, not to mention the extra second it takes to line it up. I will try to make a separate one for you though with that in it, as well as disable.

So I did some tweeking and managed to come up with a better version of what I posted earlier.

/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=0.3 1,2,3,4,5,Jab
/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=0.3 1,2,3,4,Tiger Palm
/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=0.3 1,2,3,Blackout Kick
/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=0.3 1,2,Jab
/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=0.6 1,Expel Harm
/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=0.6 Rising Sun Kick
/cast [mod:alt] Tigereye Brew
/cast [mod:shift] Touch of Karma
/startattack

I did manage to get Chi Wave to work, but it ended up being lower dps because it was eating a global. Chi Wave scales with level AND gear, so I think the reason yours did more was because you were using low level swords which lowered your overall damage but Chi Wave retained its level 90 base damage.

Just make sure you hold ALT when you get 5+ stacks for Tigereye Brew and it should be good to go! If you want it on a separate button that is fine as well, just make sure you remove that line from the macro and hit the button at 5+ instead.

Todd’s Macro DPS iLvL 503: 52,271 DPS
My Macro DPS iLvL 503: 77,164 DPS
My Macro + Chi Wave DPS iLvL 503: 64,869 DPS

Make sure Invoke Xuen is on your bar for burn phase!

Edit: From Wowhead:

Level 30 Chi Wave
You cause a wave of Chi energy to flow through friend and foe, dealing (0 + 1 * Attack power * 0.45) Nature damage or (0 + 1 * Attack power * 0.45) healing. Bounces up to 7 times to the nearest targets within 25 yards.

When bouncing to allies, Chi Wave will prefer those injured over full health.

Level 90 Chi Wave
You cause a wave of Chi energy to flow through friend and foe, dealing (493 + 1 * Attack power * 0.45) Nature damage or (493 + 1 * Attack power * 0.45) healing. Bounces up to 7 times to the nearest targets within 25 yards.

When bouncing to allies, Chi Wave will prefer those injured over full health.

for some strange reason rising sun kick wont fire off for me as often as it should (on GCD) most of the time i have to separately use it

/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=0.3 1,2,3,4,5,Jab
/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=0.3 1,2,3,4,Tiger Palm
/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=0.3 1,2,3,Blackout Kick
/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=0.3 1,2,Jab
/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=0.6 1,Expel Harm
/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=0.6 Rising Sun Kick
/cast [mod:alt] Tigereye Brew
/cast [mod:shift] Touch of Karma
/startattack

thats what im using

I will look into it as soon as I can, thanks for reporting :slight_smile:

Edit: Just to check, are you using a key push device or are you finger spamming?

mouse macro. ive noticed now i have more haste it is firing off sometimes but my dps seems to be lacking still my monk is only 490 but i can only 50 to 60k dps

Im not max level yet, but i;ve been tweaking some macros around and giving different things a try

/run sfx=GetCVar("Sound_EnableSFX");
/console Sound_EnableSFX 0
#showtooltip jab
/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,0,!fists of fury
/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,chi wave
/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=0.3 0,0,0,rising sun kick
/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=0.3 0,0,jab
/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=0.3 0,!rising sun kick
/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=8 Tiger Palm,Blackout Kick,Blackout Kick,Blackout Kick, blackout kick,tiger palm,blackout kick, blackout kick,Tigereye Brew
/use !Rising Sun Kick
/use [combat]14
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]blood fury
/startattack
/run UIErrorsFrame:Clear() 
/run SetCVar("Sound_EnableSFX",sfx);

i use tigers brew on a seperate key

[quote quote=10887]Im not max level yet, but i;ve been tweaking some macros around and giving different things a try

/run sfx=GetCVar("Sound_EnableSFX");
/console Sound_EnableSFX 0
#showtooltip jab
/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,0,!fists of fury
/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,chi wave
/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=0.3 0,0,0,rising sun kick
/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=0.3 0,0,jab
/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=0.3 0,!rising sun kick
/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=8 Tiger Palm,Blackout Kick,Blackout Kick,Blackout Kick, blackout kick,tiger palm,blackout kick, blackout kick,Tigereye Brew
/use !Rising Sun Kick
/use [combat]14
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]blood fury
/startattack
/run UIErrorsFrame:Clear() 
/run SetCVar("Sound_EnableSFX",sfx);

i use tigers brew on a seperate key
[/quote]

This one works really well i was pulling about 20k dps more using this than any of the others here.