Windwalker Monk 5.4

DPS

I switched up the macro and I’m getting the tigereye brew to fire off around 5-8 stacks this way, and this is using chi wave. And I’m using an old quietkey Keyboard from Dell.

Check my character at World of Warcraft

I’m using this Macro…

/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,!Rising Sun Kick,
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,Chi Wave
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,Jab
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,Expel Harm
/castsequence reset=8 Tiger Palm, Blackout Kick, Blackout Kick, Blackout Kick, Blackout Kick,Blackout Kick,Tigereye Brew
/cast [combat]Energizing Brew
/cast [combat]Blood fury
/startattack

I did some testing of my own trying the various macros on this thread
Now this is working with my toon listed on my previous post the link is above.

sinethekitsune
sinethekitsune

Chris-K.
Chris-K.

Onihr
Luke-Brunner

I think I’m going to try Onihr’s for a while try tweaking it to my taste and play-style.

[quote quote=10887]Im not max level yet, but i;ve been tweaking some macros around and giving different things a try

/run sfx=GetCVar("Sound_EnableSFX");
/console Sound_EnableSFX 0
#showtooltip jab
/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,0,!fists of fury
/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,chi wave
/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=0.3 0,0,0,rising sun kick
/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=0.3 0,0,jab
/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=0.3 0,!rising sun kick
/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=8 Tiger Palm,Blackout Kick,Blackout Kick,Blackout Kick, blackout kick,tiger palm,blackout kick, blackout kick,Tigereye Brew
/use [combat]Energizing Brew
/use !Rising Sun Kick
/use [combat]14
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]blood fury
/startattack
/run UIErrorsFrame:Clear() 
/run SetCVar("Sound_EnableSFX",sfx);

i use tigers brew on a seperate key
[/quote]
I’m really loving this Macro Onihr the Tigereye is firing off ever 7-10 stacks like a charm, Curiouse why you didnt put Expel harm in this Macro it throws an extra 20 to 34k damage at your opponent every 15 seconds.

Using expel harm on cool down is essentially a waste of energy. it does no damage unless you have taken some damage. the damage done by it is 50% of the amount it heals (effective heals not overheals).

It does however out perform jab by close to double if its full heal can go off.

Very nice Onihr I’m pulling about 25k more with yours than my own, which means my own is now yours. /bow

As for the expel harm, it MAY be a waste part of the time, however it DOES throw in 2 chi and i’ve never been in a modern raid where i wasn’t taking at least some damage. (bos aoe’s, adds, throwing yourself on a mine because as a panda we do the gummy bear bounce when falling)

also I’d like if someone could modify this to become an Aoe/pvp/oh crap ADDS macro with disable, rushing jade wind, fortify brew, ring of peace and touch of karma All goodies that aren’t needed to increase dps but would be handy as hell to go off when throwing yourself into a pvp pile or when the little bad goes after a squishy and you need to peel off and trip it. get its attention and harass it till its dead,

I have a problem, since November 1st all macros with numbers,

/castsequence reset=0.3 1,2,3,4,5,Jab

do not work for my low level WW Monk. They worked perfectly before Halloween :frowning:
When I try macros with zeros in,

/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,Jab

they work perfectly.

My monk ist the only char that has the first type of macro, I have been waiting to see if anyone reported a similar problem but they havent.

I updated MacroToolbox on November 1st.

Any ideas?

First off, Ryan; my haste is 52.76% and Rising Sun kick is refreshing at 1 to 2 seconds remaining so it could be a haste issue yes.

Secondly; I am not sure how you are pulling those numbers Todd, I have tested both macro’s side by side for 10 minutes on the same target dummy and they are nowhere near the ones you posted. Please reply with MS delay, or if you are just pushing the button, what stacks you are using Tigereye Brew at, and any Trinket Procs you may have.

Onihr 10 min:

Onihr

Mine 10 min:

Mine

I don’t play the monk as often as I should, so any information as to how to get Onihr’s up higher would be beneficial. :slight_smile:

Edit: Is everyone using the accurate Training Dummies in Shrine or the low level Training Dummies in capital cities? The Damage difference is Huge and not accurate at all of a raid environment.

Edit 2: I tried 10 mins on the Orgrimmar Training Dummies and I managed to get Onihr’s up to 115k, but these are level 85 dummies so at 90 you are causing Crushing Blows. =/

I was using the “boss” dummy in stormwind and was behind it.

im not sure that it matters WHICH dummy or how you’re standing matters as long as you do the same for all tests(only to see greater or lesser dps)

NOW if we wanted to standardize these tests i’d say buy the lvl 88 adventurers gear (think you can buy a set in Binan village) and go to the scarlet monastery and hit on the lvl 1 dummies they have in the cathedral area (then we would be in the same gear beating on the same mob getting the same numbers with no dodge parry or block issues)

I think the real issue could be if he is using a full rotation or just macro spam, hitting combo breakers at the right time or waiting for the macro to pick them up.

ill run some tests tonight and post the results

That could be it. With the macro I was testing I was only using the macro; I’ll try manually hitting it and smacking the procs to see if that changes anything.

Well, it’s four days later, and heard nothing yet. Any news?

Sorry I have been raiding and haven’t had time to check the Monk yet, I should be able to by tomorrow.

sorry for delay

Her is my results. Macro only (except in the case of chrisk’s where i had to use tigerbrew manually done at 10 stacks) Done over a 3 minute period using a 516 Monk World of Warcraft

Onihr
onihr

Chrisk
chrisk

sinethekitsune
sinethekitsune

Wow, something caused my macro to lock up on you, as 70% of the damage would be white strikes and auto generated procs.

(By the by i’ve been using Onihr’s because its so much better than my own)

Luke buddy, throw some Synapse Springs on as soon as you can, thats at least a couple thousand agi for 20 seconds every min.

Use Tigereye manually at 3-4 stacks for mine as 10 stacks is a dps loss from the time that you’re missing the buff, also what delay are you using for auto-click, or are you manually clicking?

[quote quote=10914]First off, Ryan; my haste is 52.76% and Rising Sun kick is refreshing at 1 to 2 seconds remaining so it could be a haste issue yes.

Secondly; I am not sure how you are pulling those numbers Todd, I have tested both macro’s side by side for 10 minutes on the same target dummy and they are nowhere near the ones you posted. Please reply with MS delay, or if you are just pushing the button,
[/quote]

You can check out my character on a previous post, I put the link to my character there. I’m not using a razer or anything where I can sequence the keys. Just an old Dell laptop. But I am pulling those numbers using Onihr’s Macro.Just Button Mashing, I do have to manually hit Tiger brew after 10 stacks, and sometimes if fires off automatically at around 8-10 stacks. Go figure?

i found that too. sometimes it would go off around 6 stacks others i would see it hit 10 even 20 if i didn’t press it myself out of fear i would override a 10 stack with a 2 stack. Ive since taken it off my macro and use it independently and i find that works best knowing i can save it for 10 stacks if i need to and not worry about casting over a higher stack amount.

You guys make me laugh. A Macro will never give you any competitive DPS. There are far too many variables to consider in any given encounter. Even in pvp you will gimp yourself completely. Monk is so stupidly simple. You have 4 buttons you absolutely need to hit. There is no rotation either. After the first 10 seconds it is all about priorities and energy management. Good luck wasting your time.

Oh, honey…
I’ve been playing the lazy rogue way since 1.4
And no mater if I’m a Druid rogue Mage or DK if my gear is up to snuff then I’m going to be in the top 5 of any 25 man I’m in and neck and neck for top in 10 mans

So you can go on and on about how easy it is to play “x” and rotations are out and how cool it is to play like your at a piano recital, I know your wrong not wrong for you but defiantly wrong for me

But hey, this site isn’t right for you, nor was it made for you… And to be honest, we don’t want you.

You play your way, we will play our way.

Macro usage isnt about being lazy, and having a button play the class for you. Its about being optimal. We call them one button macros and to a lesser player thats all they are, we we dont use only the macro that would be silly. For myself this macro regulates Jabs and blackout kicks (filler spells) and keeps the tiger palm buff up 100% meaning i dont need to concern myself with it. I use my rising suns, fury’s and brews at my own personal discretion. It frees up my personal reaction time to allow me to function with minimum down time.

I use a Macro on my main A hunter 561ivl Currently working on Heroics and im top DPS in my group at around 320k. Using a Macro allows me to hold a perfect shot rotation for my Cobra and Arcanes. Without a macro latency would have a much larger impact on my performance, not to mention player input time.

The simple fact is Macro usage is intended for a higher caliber of player than yourself, so judge away but just remember we are doing the same/better numbers than you with a lot less effort and some simple pre planning.

Play Smart