Windwalker Monk 5.4

Well said Luke

If I’m navel gazing waiting on the tiger palm buff to fall off I just might miss the opportunity to spear hand strike, or the fact that the mages sheep has popped and it needs to be paralyzed. (all things NOT in our “one button” macros you will note)

I am in a top 100 raiding guild, and using situational macros that are 2-3 buttons with different parts of a rotation are required for heroic encounters. Macro’ing rotations will always be 150% more optimal than manually using abilities because there is less human error through hesitation. It’s just the way it is. So before you come in and bash something you have no idea about, you should do a bit more research before you flame. Is using a full one button macro better than splitting it up? No. But using rotation macros and proc macro’s and burn macro’s is what the top players in the world are doing, and you obviously are not one of them.

1 Like

I agree 100%. Being able to actually SEE what’s happening in the raid while not having to worry about every single spell is vital to success… That said, share your macros good sir, share them all!

1 Like

Yes, situational macros. This is people trying to play a class with 1 button. You can not do that effectively anymore. With the new macro system for rotations even burn macros are not even efficient unless your burn consists of 2 rotating abilities like say a warlock. And at that level of play your rotation should be muscle memory by then. Meaning you have no need to look at anything but trinket/buff procs anyway. As for macros most of monk dps is extremely situational, and for that reason you lose a lot by linking things together with a macro. Unlike some classes like say a warlock or a hunter. Macros are pretty useless for a class that is completely restricted by priority as a macro can not read energy levels nor be setup to use certain cooldowns right when you need them to be used. On-use trinkets would be about the best thing to macro, but there are none in 5.4 for dps. The only macros a good monk really should use are a mouseover macro for Storm, Earth, and Fire, and possibly ring of peace macroed to target the tank. Aside from that the entire rotation is purely situational and dependent on your haste/energy. You effectively lose dps if you’re capping your energy constantly.

This is a much better post, your last post was just bad.

"You guys make me laugh. A Macro will never give you any competitive DPS. There are far too many variables to consider in any given encounter. Even in pvp you will gimp yourself completely. Monk is so stupidly simple. You have 4 buttons you absolutely need to hit. There is no rotation either. After the first 10 seconds it is all about priorities and energy management. Good luck wasting your time. "

You just bashed macros in general in the last one, with this post I agree with you though. If you read my last post I agreed that a one button macro is not optimal, and should be split into situational ones. That being said, this is a forum dedicated specifically to posting macros for the purpose of being lazy, so stating anything like what you did is bound to get jumped on. I wouldn’t take any of these macro’s into actual raiding, but I do enjoy using them for farming and other situations where I really don’t feel like using my full rotations. Again this isn’t a max dps forum, it’s a macro forum; it’s called wowlazymacros not wowmaxdpsmacros.

I am finding these macros for low level players take forever to activate. I use a clicker set to my lat. .03. Curious as to what it is. I am only level 18 so. Seems to be jabbing more than anything else.

At 18 it’s looking for too many things that don’t exist yet

Copy to your macros and remove any spell that you don’t have active in your book yet ( every time you get a dps spell you can redo this.

That is what I do, just seems like its activating Jab more than anything else.

/castsequence reset=target Jab, Tiger Palm, Tiger Palm, Jab, Blackout Kick
/startattack

Was my “baby” macro
See if that does the trick for you

Greetings everyone and a special hug for mickael jackson…salut adi,pepe sunt…:)…Sorry for that, actually im here to help my fellow monks with a good dps macro for 5.4, tested myself like crazy, only in pvp, specifically in bgs, all day long.
For me, is working like a charm, but maybe it will help my fellow monks in future, or maybe someone want to improve my macro…so…here it is my macro…

/run sfx=GetCVar("Sound_EnableSFX");
/console Sound_EnableSFX 0
#showtooltip jab
/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,0,0,0,Rushing Jade Wind
/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,0,0,Chi Wave
/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,0,Expel Harm
/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,Jab
/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=0.3 0,0,0,Touch of Karma
/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=0.3 0,0,Touch of Death
/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=0.3 0,Rising Sun Kick
/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=8 Disable,Tiger Palm,Rising Sun Kick,Blackout Kick,Blackout Kick
/use Tyrannical Gladiator's Ironskin Gloves
/cast Tigereye Brew
/cast Spear Hand Strike
/cast [combat]Fortifying Brew
/cast Grapple Weapon
/use [combat]Energizing Brew
/use [combat]14
/use [combat]13
/startattack
/run UIErrorsFrame:Clear() 
/run SetCVar("Sound_EnableSFX",sfx);

please test it and let me know what you’re thinking…i hope is a real help…my armory also for help…

Hoping that i was like Santa for every monk, since is 1-th of December…greetings and i wait your tests and thoughts about this macro!

I cant stand mods in macro lol.sometimes when you in war you go to hit alt and downsize screen

whats funny is me using these macros in arenas or any bg and raping anyone who gets in my way

Greetings fellow monks!Im back with a better macro than my previous…tested also all day long and is awesome,so here it is…
SINGLE TARGET

#showtooltip jab
/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,Touch of Karma
/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=0.3 0,0,0,Touch of Death
/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=0.3 0,0,Chi Wave
/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=0.3 0,Expel Harm
/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=8 Disable,Jab,Tiger Palm,Jab,Rising Sun Kick,Blackout Kick
/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=10 Tigereye Brew,Tigereye Brew
/cast [combat]Fortifying Brew
/cast Grapple Weapon
/use [combat]14
/use [combat]13
/cast flag
/startattack

and also for AOE

#showtooltip Fists of Fury
/startattack
/castsequence reset=0 0,0,0,Fists of Fury
/castsequence reset=0 0,0,Rushing Jade Wind
/castsequence reset=0 0,Leg Sweep

that is it…check them and let me know what you think…Greetings!

Hello all, new to the forum.

@kraumaga, what is /cast flag for?

Hello all, new to the forum.
@kraumaga, what is /cast flag for?

ofc, is for pvp when i have a crowd attacking me and flag is dropped

Macros are wonderful. To bad I have a boxers Fracture (Broken 5th Metacarpal) So, now I cant use a mouse with my right hand. Hmmm I hate being a keyboard turner!!!

Cheers, on the macro’s!

[quote quote=10887]Im not max level yet, but i;ve been tweaking some macros around and giving different things a try

#showtooltip jab
/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,0,!fists of fury
/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,chi wave
/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=0.3 0,0,0,rising sun kick
/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=0.3 0,0,jab
/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=0.3 0,!rising sun kick
/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=8 Tiger Palm,Blackout Kick,Blackout Kick,Blackout Kick, blackout kick,tiger palm,blackout kick, blackout kick,Tigereye Brew
/use !Rising Sun Kick
/use [combat]14
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]blood fury
/startattack
/run SetCVar("Sound_EnableSFX",sfx);

i use tigers brew on a seperate key
[/quote]

on this macro im pulling about 190-200k with 551 ilvl, was curious tho are there suppose to be spaces on the castsequence line, as well as some casts that are no capitalized. if u understand what im asking a reply would be nice

What you have looks alright, but I will advise you as a main spec windwalker in heroics. You could be pulling 30-40k more if you were to not macro the rotation as it does not account for trinket procs and cooldowns. I understand however why people macro these sort of things, but they never take into account procs like combobreaker and talents like chi brew, and most require either you run ascension or have an unneeded amount of haste in order for the macro to work as intended. There are just too many variables in a WW rotation for a macro to truly be viable. Only a few classes do I feel actually benefit from macroed rotations any more and those tend to be mage/warlock/hunter. Hunter although you would want to have explosive shot on a separate key in order to utilize the procs best. I have tested nearly every macro I have seen here and have always noticed a substantial dps loss even after customizing the macro to fit my latency. To give an idea. I use simulation craft and parse at 329k on the setting that wowprogress uses; yet in an actual raid environment I tend to parse much higher than that 329k on the majority of fights. Gimmick fights aside. Malkorok/Sha of pride are probably the two fights as close to patchwerk as you can get in Siege. That macro will do what you want it to do, but it is up to you to decide whether you want to be a mediocre monk or one of the best monks your server has seen so far.

The macro shouldn’t be used as your only means of attack. I use it as a filler, still hitting all my procs and ive removed the brews and larger attacks so they dont get used at bad times. Its up to everyone to figure out how they want to use it.

I agree with luke,
I dont have time to fumble keys for main attacks but i do control my brew and my utilities, If i wasn’t macro’ing I wouldn’t be at the top of my game in Arenas.
And I guarantee I will fire off my 4 attacks before you set off your first one.