Word of the Void

[quote quote=62349]Thanks for getting back to me. As I said the results were interesting as I got the reverse to yours. Probably has to do with my gear being Disc based and not towards shadow.
Glad I could help.[/quote]

And I thank you for it. It’s gear, and I want you to use what works for you. You are an advanced user who took the time to find a better talent combo that works for you. Because of that I now know what to recommend to others, and that helps with future versions and users.

New talent choices in the OP. The macro itself remains unchanged as I still do over sims (now from multiple sources) with it as is. I lied. I made sure that Void Eruption/Void Bolt and Dark Ascension interrupt channeling as they are supposed to. Grab the new macros in the OP.

I now recommend Auspicious Spirits. As I have said numerous times above, this is a crit-dependant talent that shines if you have a lot of it. If you geared toward haste/mastery in Legion–which was the recommended build for raiding–you would have started this pre-patch wanting to take Shadow Crash due to the power your stats would have given it. However, War of Thorns gear drops heavy in crit/haste now, which tips the scales in favor of Auspicious Spirits. I now recommend this because everyone should now be gearing similarly.

Secondly, I now recommend Dark Ascension. Prior to BfA, even though you would have geared some haste, the values have been far less than you can get right now in the pre-patch. The fight length still matters up until 25% haste, where DA will finally start pulling ahead in fights over 90 seconds. If you are like me and have replaced some of your gear with War of Thorns drops, but also had decent Legion gear, you probably have 25% or more haste now. If so, take DA.

Hi, i’m actually looking for my class for the new extension, i’m between hunter and priest. Your macro is the reason for why priest is still on side of hunter, thanks for that! I like this macro.

Do you have a setting about the keypress? x ms? do you use ahk or something like this?

Have a nice day.

[quote quote=63459]Hi, i’m actually looking for my class for the new extension, i’m between hunter and priest. Your macro is the reason for why priest is still on side of hunter, thanks for that! I like this macro.
Do you have a setting about the keypress? x ms? do you use ahk or something like this?
Have a nice day.[/quote]

Glad you’re considering SPriest because of my macro!

I use 30ms, but this one should be fine running at anything.

after all is said and done what macro should i use for sp for st?

The one in the OP.

Is there anyway I could get a version of both ST and AOE macros where Holy Word: Shield is applied and refreshed every time it’s time for it to be renewed without it messing up the rotation or no? Thank you.

I suppose, yes, but it’s such a mana drain you’d end up with no mana after your 4th bubble. Why would you want to do that?

I’m out of town but interested to try this when back,do you think it’s possible to combine st and aoe using shift to mind sear?
Sorry for the noob question I am new to priests. Thank you

Yes. Once I am done with my DH stuff I will get back to leveling my priest and getting any changes needed going with these macros, and one thing I wanted to do was combine the ST/AoE macros, so it’s on my plate to do.

Hi Enix,

are there any new weakaura’s with these?
Loved the previous ones but obviously not working properly anymore.

Thanks in advance for your time and yet again this awesome help to keep me gaming where as I couldn’t otherwise.

Karin

They aren’t? I will be diving back into my priest, both Shadow and Disc, in not too much longer. Finishing up squaring away my DH shenanigans. I’ll look into the WA stuff as well as all the needed updates to the macros.

Kate! Good to see you :slight_smile:

Hi I just realized that void torrent isn’t in the macro’s although it was advised ^^ no biggie i just hit it manually ^^

Thank you Enix :slight_smile: You’re a star!

Hiya Cym! :slight_smile:
Been a long while, good to “see” you too.
Trying to get back into some wow again from the new home front.
Hope your well :slight_smile:

Nice Job

Hello I am trying to put Power Word: Shield into the macro

under keypress i put
/castsequence [mod:alt] Vampiric Touch, Power Word: Shield

and sequence
/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=target Vampiric Touch, Mind Flay, Power Word: Shield, null

it triggers randomly. any suggestions?
btw what does null mean??
thank you

@Mike-Tan, I’m guessing you want some protection while questing solo. I do include a second heal macro that will shield you on press. It’ll even shield yourself automatically as long as you don’t have a friendly selected. I wouldn’t recommend trying to combine them, though, unless you put it behind SHIFT or CTRL. You would have to include all the conditionals I have for PW:Shield, as well, or it won’t fire on the right target if at all.

Having GCD abilities in the KeyPress section is problematic. They get stuck. Since you are adding two, it’ll get stuck and do both. It’s not advisable to do that, instead move it down to the main body of the macro.

Null in a castsequence will make that castsequence work once and then never again once it’s done. It’s used to end a line that would be used as an opener, or upon a new target, but you wouldn’t want it to go again after it’s done.

Enix im haveing trouble somewhere alot of the time the ST macro locks up and waits for void bolt or mind blast to come off CD and sits there for a bit and then i cast mind flay and then i resume the macro. where am i going wrong. do i have t much haste?