Forums Forums Warrior Protection Roars_Prot

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Senior Sergeant

So been testing and running almost all the prot macros for warriors on here. I find almost all lacking in one way or another. So i decided to build my own and it has been more than holding its on in M+9^ i absolutely destroy keys. The key here is Revenge is on a mod and not in the standard castsequence. I have zero issue with having IP and SB up 100% of the time but depending on the size of ur pulls 15+ mobs in M+10^ IP may fall off due to extreme amounts of damage coming in but you have the Rage to manually cast it once again and want be rage starved for it. This very rarely happens if tanks pull smart and know their limits (as we all are always pushing those limits) lol. So please gents give it a roll and tell me what you guys think. I run it at 20MS.
    dOJCdaWscsVfr9AuQmtuQA2GQBQs1Va5BeYJrANuzVk7gH9l1pjqggO8BHUSQgQkPblz4ekhKG4WqogLoofzHeLLQszXevlhfpeLcpv0YG65OAIeunvQQjtrnDs3Ja1Pb0ZuX1f0gjaBfLI2mb02vjYFrPuZcL8zuk5UiYivjQBtHrtO6CcCscktdORrvopanoaSovcBJip78NZU8MGeYTKTVEtq(ZHN)sFe8Nq5lTw8bBTlV8dxSL3cj6cPDHH119CPWFbIcHRZzxMI9uHj85eDwEhrzIS5ZWbgj4ZFo78NZUeII4k)nf(e0VRUyE(RcMgnKJ0U6c7j5XQlBamqpP5WlHOiU2fzA0qosj1LfMiprGZDwcrrCTlRvc2CGlHOiU2f(eGXZ5TeII4AxshWZCslHOiUYFtHpb97cFcWywDHpbymRUWNamEorlHOiUYFtHpb97ImnAihPK6YALGXQlPd4HvxshWZCaSeII4k)nf(e0VRdiigawDDabXamxWsikIR83u4tq)UWWWGhwDHHHbplzFmkg7bAauxAxEnY17iktC(ZzxcrrCTl8jaJNdVeII4AxshWZ0LYE46KT0Nbib7E1ozlf6d4Th(J4)8NZUeII4AxKPrd5iLuxYGhJM7saHmaohEjefX1UoGGyaMUuOpGxzEoF(ZzxcPig261N4naSlYerXrmgKiB(rMjnhEjefX1UiBenFbvzGtQljpr45olHOiU2fzJO5l4IduGkPUSWe5jcCoWLquex7ISr08fi4kPUaLcKay6s2iAihPt2YuFXeqibvbgjwELbyKbOc4YRm)DeLjo)5SlHOiU2f(eGXZHxcrrCL)McFc63vxmp)vbtJgYrAxDH9K8y1LnagONeRUSbWa9KM7SeII4AxKPrd5iLuxwCGiVPl9zasWUxXt20PlfsOkEKz5Y7iIqeCHrOpZLEcfyKyYMoDdUsage Information
    Run at 20 MS

This macro contains 1 macro version. This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.4.04.

Macro Version 1

Step Function: Priority

Pre Macro: Shield Slam, Shield Block, Last Stand, Ignore Pain

KeyPress: Avatar, Shockwave, Revenge

Main Sequence: Shield Slam, Devastate, Victory Rush, Demoralizing Shout, Avatar, Shield Block, Thunder Clap, Ignore Pain

KeyRelease: Victory Rush

Post Macro: Shield Slam, Thunder Clap

tulley
    Senior Sergeant

Keep in mind the above macro can not be tested on a target dummy as target dummy do not generate proper rage like live mobs do.

Abby
    First Sergeant

I’ll try this on a high key later and let you know how it does.

tulley
    Senior Sergeant

Thank you Abby. Looking forward to hear some feed back.

tulley
    Senior Sergeant

Here a tweaked version trying to clear that gap where incase IP falls off it will be back up.

dWZ1daWscfVLO8AiHzsi1JHA2KKll1njs(fe3MsDyK2Pc7fSBLSFj)KqPHHQ(TsDpfjdfszWIgorQdQi60OOJrQJtclefAPOGftuTCu5Hes6PQAzQSofPMiHktvrnziPPt13irxLquptW1PKnQi0wjezZkc2oHettOzrrFgsKVti0iHe1FjemAIW5OWjju14GuDncopr0ZrCxsQTHsdAyggA4zqStYWlcOXGyNpyCWm8Zuv9YjWR1x40A4fxpbQLkhgA4r5wL0WZG1QsQx5XBtG)LUXIxCWqzaEPOyUTi1CeM7fbMHHgMHHgEemL4KwHvVWDLvY1K2NcVTLt9kR8eyfmRuBWhfynRuBWhfyHXbpcMsCsRWQx4UYk5As7tH32YPELvQn4JcSMvEcScMvQn4JcSWiapcMs8kLH32YPU6k18kfugHreEemL4vQ1S8WqaEemL4vEbJ7Gbl8iykXRKnedWqj8iykXjTcREH7kp(lgmR84VyWSYJ)IbyGo8iykXjTcREH7kVGXDMvEbJ7mR8cg3bdd4rWuItAfw9c3vkdVTLtD1vQ1S8MvYgIbZkzdXam08WJGPeN0kS6fURmeJh6MvgIXdDyO1WJGPeN0kS6fUR84VyWSYJ)IbZkp(lgGx07T0IMPnthEn8ZCmxOODnWi8m2QCGr4f1TTCQdmcVyAjzOv1usdZWqdpcMs8kdX4Ho4WpZXCHI2pGr4rBtCPOyUnmddn8iykXR8cg3bJdEemL4vYgIbWH)9w6jATWoZ9cE04yU5y6scpACTuum3gMHHgEemL4vEbJ7GXbpcMsCsRWQx4UYk5As7tH32YPELvEcScMvQn4JcSMvQn4JcSWiapcMs8kLH32YPU6k1NHsbWHxmTKOX1ecmddn8ioLdLAVxTTKvkBTLGYzRwgQnfv1W4GhbtjELYS3Oon25uPUswbLhmcWJGPeVsz2BuNMibZj4QRuZRuqzegr4rWuIxPm7nQttv5QRmYAWIo4Gdo8tA5sS5GxKxOyTfXvLtA5sS5Gxk6YIQs8lV5eLE5m3lqo4GdaUsage Information
    Run at 20ms

This macro contains 1 macro version. This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.4.04.

Macro Version 1

Step Function: Priority

Pre Macro: Shield Slam, Shield Block, Last Stand, Ignore Pain

KeyPress: Avatar, Shockwave, Revenge

Main Sequence: Shield Slam, Victory Rush, Devastate, Demoralizing Shout, Avatar, Shield Block, Thunder Clap, Ignore Pain

KeyRelease: Victory Rush

Post Macro: Shield Slam, Thunder Clap

Ash
    Grunt

I will try this, next time I log in.

Vynivas
    First Sergeant

i added revenge to the macro since i forget to watch for procs, i get into tanking so i forget to watch for things. the macro is really nice and IP up time is really good. i may end up using this on my twink warrior.

i decided to re-level another warrior on another server and this macro is really great. it got me to 60 with ease and questing alone is amazing with this macro.

there was another macro that was really amazing that i helped out with but they went with another path and it ended up not being like it used too be and since my wow folder got corrupted i ended up losing the original that i fell in love with, so this reminds me of that one posters old macro i used to run with.

Abby
    First Sergeant

Just finished using this through an 18 carry. I only have a few complaints, which is fundamentally the entire structure of the macro, so I don’t recommend using my complaints as groundwork to make changes as the majority of the people going to use this will not use it on the same level of content that I play on and therefore the macro in it’s current state will serve them better.

For starters, I almost always look through the sequence first and I didn’t this time for whatever reason, so I was irritated at myself for not taking Avatar out of the sequence earlier (shouldn’t be in the main sequence ever).

Having Ignore Pain up all of the time is great, but it felt extremely fury deprived. The tricky thing about making a macro that can maintain 100% uptime on Ignore Pain is that you’re going to be starved and in some instances, lack significant DPS where you would otherwise have it playing manually. This was the case on every boss fight. DPS was severely lower than it should have been on every boss encounter.

Moving on…

It’s nice to have Demoralizing Shout being used off CD, but it can cause serious issues if you’re someone like me that only runs high keys. Having it pop right before a reaping wave, and then not having it again until the end of the wave, and not for the next pull is not manageable whatsoever and you’re most likely going to get nuked on close-quarter dungeons such as TD or WCM.

Lastly, the DPS gain in larger pulls using Revenge is too beneficial to not have it in the sequence at least once, and then manually controlling it as it procs. Personally, I’d add it once and then allow the user to control the procs as necessary, but as long as it’s firing once per the recommended MS, it’s going to substantially change the DPS outcome.

Overall, it’s a good macro and well-thought. However, I prefer more basic macros that do less which I can control easier. For anyone that plays casually and runs low level keys such as 2-12’s OR heroic raids, this macro will serve them very well.

tulley
    Senior Sergeant

Just finished using this through an 18 carry. I only have a few complaints, which is fundamentally the entire structure of the macro, so I don’t recommend using my complaints as groundwork to make changes as the majority of the people going to use this will not use it on the same level of content that I play on and therefore the macro in it’s current state will serve them better.
    For starters, I almost always look through the sequence first and I didn’t this time for whatever reason, so I was irritated at myself for not taking Avatar out of the sequence earlier (shouldn’t be in the main sequence ever).
    Having Ignore Pain up all of the time is great, but it felt extremely fury deprived. The tricky thing about making a macro that can maintain 100% uptime on Ignore Pain is that you’re going to be starved and in some instances, lack significant DPS where you would otherwise have it playing manually. This was the case on every boss fight. DPS was severely lower than it should have been on every boss encounter.
    Moving on…
    It’s nice to have Demoralizing Shout being used off CD, but it can cause serious issues if you’re someone like me that only runs high keys. Having it pop right before a reaping wave, and then not having it again until the end of the wave, and not for the next pull is not manageable whatsoever and you’re most likely going to get nuked on close-quarter dungeons such as TD or WCM.
    Lastly, the DPS gain in larger pulls using Revenge is too beneficial to not have it in the sequence at least once, and then manually controlling it as it procs. Personally, I’d add it once and then allow the user to control the procs as necessary, but as long as it’s firing once per the recommended MS, it’s going to substantially change the DPS outcome.
    Overall, it’s a good macro and well-thought. However, I prefer more basic macros that do less which I can control easier. For anyone that plays casually and runs low level keys such as 2-12’s OR heroic raids, this macro will serve them very well.

Abby thank you very much for the feed back i myself have never stepped in anything higher than a 15 on my warrior. So the input i get from higher key players does a major roll in how i build things. Tonight im going to take your suggestion and run with it and a 2nd tab to the original and build one as you suggested taking Avatar out of sequence and also im thinking of removing IP in general for it and make it a manuel cast to do away with wasting rage on unneeded IP. Also find a smooth spot to add a revenge in the cast sequence but still leave the mod in place. It will strictly be for higher than a 14 key time i’m done with it. But anything lower than a 14 my original will work find for others.

tulley
    Senior Sergeant

i added revenge to the macro since i forget to watch for procs, i get into tanking so i forget to watch for things. the macro is really nice and IP up time is really good. i may end up using this on my twink warrior.
    i decided to re-level another warrior on another server and this macro is really great. it got me to 60 with ease and questing alone is amazing with this macro.
    there was another macro that was really amazing that i helped out with but they went with another path and it ended up not being like it used too be and since my wow folder got corrupted i ended up losing the original that i fell in love with, so this reminds me of that one posters old macro i used to run with.

Vynivas that is a really good suggestion on the revenge par as i said in the reply to abby im going to rebuild a new one and add just 1 cast into the cast sequance. I’m really glad you are liking the macro. I will make a update and post it once im done.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.